Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,678 members, 7,801,955 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:53 AM

Share Your Experience On Devices Bought On Nairaland(phones, Computers, Etc) - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Share Your Experience On Devices Bought On Nairaland(phones, Computers, Etc) (1036 Views)

Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami / BIOS Password Zinox INEC Computers / Laptop Computers Are Now Relatively Cheap, Get One For Yourself, Friend; Family! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Experience On Devices Bought On Nairaland(phones, Computers, Etc) by padi94(m): 2:12am On Apr 01, 2020
We know that Nairaland's Computer section is an online market place, where buyers and sellers interact. Deals worth millions have crossed through this platform, but a lot of people are yet to fully understand how well they can harness the benefits this platform holds. This is due to the fact that a lot of Scams happens on platforms hence people find it difficult to trust the authenticity of products or services advertised here. So am creating this thread to help seperate the bad eggs from the good ones through the experiences people have had dealing with businesses and individuals advertising here. So we will be learning from people's experiences here.

Hence, this thread will praise honesty and expose dishonest sellers who didn't make full disclosures on the products they sold to unsuspecting Nairalanders.

So if you have ever bought a Device here (Phones, Laptop, Desktop computers and accessories), this is an opportunity to call out those who sells false advertisements as well as praise those who are honest about the product they sell. Pls share photo or video evidence, chats screen shots, receipt, etc to verify your Claims.

The format is to name what you bought with photo, what you expected from the product, if it met your expectation(undisclosed defects), and how the seller responded to the issues you raised concerning the product they sold to you. Don't be afraid to name names.

Lastly, will you deal with such a fellow again in future?

Even sellers can call out bad customers who here too.
Re: Share Your Experience On Devices Bought On Nairaland(phones, Computers, Etc) by pfadom: 5:49am On Apr 01, 2020
I bought Pocophone F1 from a complete stranger on Nairaland and I never regretted I did.

Thank you Gidie.
Re: Share Your Experience On Devices Bought On Nairaland(phones, Computers, Etc) by padi94(m): 9:50am On Apr 01, 2020
pfadom:
I bought Pocophone F1 from a complete stranger on Nairaland and I never regretted I did.

Thank you Gidie.
So the stuff was Legit
Re: Share Your Experience On Devices Bought On Nairaland(phones, Computers, Etc) by pfadom: 12:46pm On Apr 01, 2020
It was legit. Packaged with factory seal. I was skeptical when he said I have to pay before unsealing, otherwise it might be considered as used product should I change my mind.

I did pay with an understanding that he would collect if I found the content compromised. I can always vouch for him anytime, any day.

padi94:

So the stuff was Legit

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience On Devices Bought On Nairaland(phones, Computers, Etc) by Shanin: 8:30pm On Apr 14, 2020
A lot of people scared to buy online obviosuly, but I could tell you that all will be fine if you will take all precautious measures for everything. Let's hope such thing will be each time we will do something like that topic and without issues.
Re: Share Your Experience On Devices Bought On Nairaland(phones, Computers, Etc) by Hausa(m): 6:14pm On May 12, 2020
How is stuff like this not pushed to the front page?

Anyway, I didn't actually buy directly, but I met a guy here when I was looking for an original battery to buy from eBay. He said he could help me get it, and I sent him 36k to buy me two. He bought it from the US and after it arrived in Nigeria, he sent it to me with receipt.
It went well.

I no come sabi the guy nairaland handle, but I get him number sha.
Honest people still dey wella.

(1) (Reply)

Lenovo Thinkpad T430 For Sale / Web And Mobile App Development To Ur Specifications / UK Used HP Folio 9480m Notebook PC 14inch Core i5 500/8GB 130000 in Abuja❌❌❌Sold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.