Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,421 members, 7,781,228 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:56 AM

COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG (49899 Views)

Sadiya Farouq: FG To Pay 24 Million Poor Nigerians N5,000 Each / Nigerians With Over N5,000 In Bank Won’t Get Palliatives - FG / 11 Million "Poor And Vulnerable" List. Zamfara Leads, South-East Lowest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by jarawa: 7:00am On Apr 01, 2020
…‘Why we haven’t evacuated Nigerians abroad’

The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Sadiya Umar Farouq, yesterday said the Federal Government had identified over 11 million poor Nigerians to benefit from the palliatives to cushion the harsh effects of the coronaviru pandemic. Speaking in Abuja at the briefing by the presidential task force on COVID-19, she said the ministry had “11,045,537 individuals, 35 states, 453 local governments, 4,946 wards, 47,698 communities and 2,644,495 households on the national social register of poor and vulnerable households.”

The Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, said though some countries had evacuated their nationals from Nigeria, the Federal Government was yet to evacuate Nigerians from other countries owing to diplomatic procedures. He noted that evacuations had to be done within the framework of the embassies. “As at now (Tuesday), that there have not been any requests from any of our embassies indicating any significant numbers of Nigerians to leave, and if we receive such notification, we would act accordingly,” he said.

The Secretary to the Government of the Federation and Chairman of the task force on COVID-19, Boss Mustapha, said that the government would issue the restriction protocol and exemption guidelines of the lock-down in FCT, Lagos and Ogun States over the COVID-19 global pandemic.

“We’ve just begun the first day of restrictions in Lagos, Ogun and Abuja. We’re observing developments around the country as we receive reports.

The PTF has however met with the security chiefs to smoothen the rough edges of implementation and within the first day of implementation and an appropriate restriction protocol and exemption guidelines will be issued. “The coronavirus has not only attacked our health as people; it has also attacked our wealth as a nation,” he said.

Source: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/covid-19-11m-to-get-palliatives-fg.html

3 Shares

Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Niorte: 7:11am On Apr 01, 2020
Hmmm

When will the tax payers ever going to benefit from the govt?

Another way to fund the poor in the North. This ought to be shared based on effects on each state.

Lagos people for example should have the largest share as they are the most hit and most affected by the Lockdown.

All those who sell loaves of bread on the road, cold soft drinks and gala are not included on that list. These are struggling Nigerians, not the beggars in the North waiting for free food.

At such a time as this. Every body should be catered for except those who think they don't need federal govt help.

In the US for example, those who earn 75k or below are entitled to $1200 while those who earn above $75k are entitled to $2400 every month.

Here in Nigeria, we always give out money to an imaginary poor people who do not contribute anything to the economy and give no benefits of any kind to those who actually pay their taxes and struggle to work.

80% of the poor are in the north....that's where the money is going but there are only few affected states in the north.

Federal Govt is your government ONLY FOR THE POOR??

407 Likes 26 Shares

Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by clevvermind(m): 7:13am On Apr 01, 2020
I need my 10k sha. I know that there is corruption in this country. Expect nothing.

7 Likes

Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Nancydearie(f): 7:13am On Apr 01, 2020
They have already idenfied over 11 million Nigerians? Hmmm, how is that possible? What's their means of identification?

163 Likes 10 Shares

Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Nbote(m): 7:22am On Apr 01, 2020
11 million Audio Almajiris abi?? Now what happens to majority of d population who have had to shutdown d small businesses dey manage?? What happens to those who hawk gala and satchet water for a living in our major streets becos we all know dey are not captured in wateva audio figures d govt is coming up with

104 Likes 7 Shares

Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Citytrend: 7:23am On Apr 01, 2020
Only a fool will call Money given to a Local Government Chairmen a palliative. Because we all know that average Nigerian Local Government Chairman is a pety thief.

Why not share these cash using the Bank or a Trusted NGO in collaboration with the Socalled Local Government Chairmen?

Anyway, I will Design a Professional Logo for your Company or Product For 2k Only. Offer valid Today Only. See my info below to Chat me

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by topstone4: 7:49am On Apr 01, 2020
Please let someone enlighten me on how, when and where Buhari government compiled the list of names on the "National Social Register of Poor and Vulnerable Households."
This is the first time I will be hearing of such a register.

108 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by DModeCntStopMe: 9:05am On Apr 01, 2020
shocked

Useless govt

How will this foolish govt ascertain the poorest amongst Nigerians

And the 11million poorest Nigerians according to FG are:

Mohammed
Sani
Danjuma
Amina
Bello
Ahmed
Aisha
..........etc

And the rest of the money dives into pockets of politicians

Northerners always gain the most while they contribute nothing to Nigeria

Silly people

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by sLentlover7778(m): 9:05am On Apr 01, 2020
The best April fool of the year.. coming from FG.. grin grin grin

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Yankiss(m): 9:05am On Apr 01, 2020
As if we have a roll call or documentation of poor Nigerians. What is the index of poverty in Nigeria? The Federal Government is yet to give us a comprehensive answer t this bare-faced falsehood.

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by gurunlocker: 9:05am On Apr 01, 2020
grin

What I don't understand is, who are the poor Nigerians?

This is another avenue for some set of people to enrich themselves. We don't have a database, so how does this works?

The poorest I know are in some part of the country, is this particularly for them?

It's a shame a country calling herself giant of Africa with a lot of genius can't boost of database.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Bossontop(m): 9:05am On Apr 01, 2020
undecided
Well as per the usual default settings of this government "INCOMPETENCE even in the most BASIC of things".........smd

7 Likes

Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by EmmanuelMacron: 9:05am On Apr 01, 2020
Fellow citizens of the world
We have been brave so far to fight the "unseen enemy" and I believe we will soon win this war
Like every war, there will be casualties,
I'm reaching out to my people in USA, because this coming weeks , we will probably see the death tolls increase drastically.

Another problem we are facing globally is climate change.
And since we've failed to act to reduce the impact on our planet,
We are going to start seeing the effects, strange weather and deadly earthquakes

In the face of all these,
We have to come together as one world
This is the time to become one planet and face our problem with one approach

Emmanuel Macron

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by ipobarethieves: 9:06am On Apr 01, 2020
undecided useless government.Afta dem don loot/steal enough,who knw if nah miserable 1/2k dem go give some selected pipu and show us old pic,Thieves
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by PastorBK(m): 9:06am On Apr 01, 2020
Ctr W = Control waiting
Ctr V = Control Paste

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by ImmaculateJOE(m): 9:06am On Apr 01, 2020
11million ke..

Madam there are more than 90million Nigerians that are poor...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by babyfaceafrica: 9:06am On Apr 01, 2020
Audio palliatives

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Kylekent59: 9:06am On Apr 01, 2020
shocked

Anything he does, they criticise him.

Who can now satisfy these people?

I am very optimistic about this words of his. About 11m Nigerians are definitely gonna get palliatives.

Nice work Mr. President.

Anything for now is of importance.

"When he speaks a word or tries to do something, people are waiting patiently to blast him." If you doubt me, re-read comments on page 1 again.

Let's see how it goes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Nobody: 9:06am On Apr 01, 2020
As at now (Tuesday), that there have not been any requests from any of our embassies indicating any significant numbers of Nigerians to leave, and if we receive such notification, we would act accordingly,” he said.

hustle smart and forget government brakadabra talks.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by datola: 9:06am On Apr 01, 2020
The first criteriun should be poor Nigerians in the states affected by the restriction order.

4 Likes

Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Evergreen4(m): 9:06am On Apr 01, 2020
So out of over 200 million Nigerians, there are only 11 million poor people. grin ,oinn, this government is doing well. They have really tried in reducing the poverty level in the country. Audio president, Audio government.

28 Likes

Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by iammo(m): 9:06am On Apr 01, 2020
cant you read or you left out the part of the 35 states

Niorte:
Hmmm

When will the tax payers ever going to benefit from the govt?

Another way to fund the poor in the North. This ought to be shared based on effects on each state.

Lagos people for example should have the largest share as they are the most hit and most affected by the Lockdown.

All those who sell loaves of bread on the road, cold soft drinks and gala are not included on that list. These are struggling Nigerians, not the beggars in the North waiting for free food.

At such a time as this. Every body should be catered for except those who think they don't need federal govt help.

In the US for example, those who earn 75k or below are entitled to $1200 while those who earn above $75k are entitled to $2400 every month.

Here in Nigeria, we always give out money to an imaginary poor people who do not contribute anything to the economy and give no benefits of any kind to those who actually pay their taxes and struggle to work.

80% of the poor are in the north....that's where the money is going but there are only few affected states in the north.

Federal Govt is your government ONLY FOR THE POOR??

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Onlinealaba(m): 9:06am On Apr 01, 2020
11million..and only 35states, is FCT excluded? I don't know how they came about these but am very sure the larger portion of the sharing will go to the north..now that ain't fair.

Affordable used top notch Smart TVs and sound bar Available

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Martinola(m): 9:06am On Apr 01, 2020
I really wanted to believe this will go right and not end up in the wrong pockets, but this government has proven times and again they can't be trusted.

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by helinues: 9:06am On Apr 01, 2020
We hope so
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by israelmao(m): 9:06am On Apr 01, 2020
Out of army of poor people?

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by leonard002(m): 9:06am On Apr 01, 2020
I hope this is not a propaganda because it's sounding like one
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by ttemmi(m): 9:06am On Apr 01, 2020
s
Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by Pope22(m): 9:06am On Apr 01, 2020
Always differentiating Nigerians using poor Nigerians as if all Nigerians are not poor.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: 11 Million Poor Nigerians To Get Palliatives — FG by candidbabe(f): 9:07am On Apr 01, 2020
G

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tinubu Considering ‘Temporary Subsidy’ On Petrol / Herdmen And Their Cattle In Front Of CBN In Abuja(photo) / Aftermath Of Edo Assembly Complex Invasion By Hoodlums (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.