Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,513 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

Fake News! Italians Are NOT Throwing Money Away, See Original Source Of Photos - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fake News! Italians Are NOT Throwing Money Away, See Original Source Of Photos (1088 Views)

Dangote Ex-girlfriend Was Photoshopped And Fake See Original Photos / Do You Know That You Have Been Throwing Money Away Each Time You Buy/eat Corn? / Pure Liquid Red Mercury Forsale In Imo State Nigeria. Come And See Original. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fake News! Italians Are NOT Throwing Money Away, See Original Source Of Photos by massmediang: 12:18pm On Apr 01, 2020
Fake News! Italians Are NOT Throwing Money Away, See Original Source of Misleading Photos

The coronavirus virus scourge ravaging most parts of the world is creating an atmosphere for fake news peddlers to thrive. This is why it is very important that you fact-check and cross-check whatever information you get especially from social media sources before sharing, in order not to further create panic.
There’s a story currently buzzing the internet indicating that Italians are throwing their money away because they think it is of no use amidst the high number of COVID-19 related deaths in their country. That story has turned out to be complete fake news, probably concocted by desperate bloggers for traffic, especially now that most people are indoors, mostly browsing the internet.

Fact check by reliable platforms has revealed the original source of the photos used in that fake story.

With the number of dead and infected due to coronavirus rising by the hour in Italy, a pair of images showing currency notes littered all around is going viral on social media with the claim that Italians are throwing their money on the streets as it is useless to them now.

Facebook user “Manish Dhawan” shared the images and wrote a caption in Hindi which translates to, “Italians threw their money on the streets. They say it’s of no use to them now…”

India Today Anti Fake News War Room (AFWA) has found the claim along with the pictures to be misleading. The one-year-old pictures are from Venezuela.

The misleading post has been circulating like wildfire on social media. With the help of reverse search, we found that these pictures are available on the Internet since March 2019, several months before the coronavirus outbreak.
See more: https://massmediang.com/fake-news-italians-are-not-throwing-money-away-see-original-source-of-misleading-photos/

Re: Fake News! Italians Are NOT Throwing Money Away, See Original Source Of Photos by iammo(m): 12:23pm On Apr 01, 2020
cool

I knew it was fake.. 3 people I know that would rather die than throw away money are The Chinese the Jews and the Italian...

Re: Fake News! Italians Are NOT Throwing Money Away, See Original Source Of Photos by dawnomike(m): 12:23pm On Apr 01, 2020
Venezuelans threw out their money when it apparently became worthless due to inflation i think...
Re: Fake News! Italians Are NOT Throwing Money Away, See Original Source Of Photos by Nelsonnwagbo(m): 1:01pm On Apr 01, 2020
U forgot to mention my fellow igbos grin grin grin
iammo:
cool

I knew it was fake.. 3 people I know that would rather die than throw away money are The Chinese the Jews and the Italian...

Re: Fake News! Italians Are NOT Throwing Money Away, See Original Source Of Photos by iammo(m): 1:04pm On Apr 01, 2020
Nelsonnwagbo:
U forgot to mention my fellow igbos grin grin grin

grin grin i would have included it but the Argument go reach from page1 - 30 with denial from online warriors of what everybody knows

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Starting A Minibus Inter-state Passenger Transportation / How To Make N5,000 Or N20,000 Daily ...... / Premium Quillbot, and Invideo Pro Are Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.