Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,526 members, 7,801,462 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:31 PM

Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? (26064 Views)

Sunday Igboho: Release Nnamdi Kanu Now – Ohanaeze Begs Buhari FG / Dockworkers Commend President Buhari, FG For Reopening BUA Terminal, Rivers Port / I Didn’t Support Buhari, Fg’s Refusal To Release Dasuki, Malami Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by Luckymama: 4:40am On Apr 02, 2020
FARA4GA:

Since when zombie learn to begin shake head?
grin grin
I am not affiliated to any party. Any neutral observer can see the people who are hate-filled.
Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by sweetgala(m): 4:52am On Apr 02, 2020
GamalNasser:
It's time we address claims by Buharist clowns that because Nigeria has recorded just 2 death and 155 infections because of Buharis good leadership , this is huge lie and we will put an end to it today !!.

My first question I ask is can zombies tell us what the Buhari govt has done well so the Americans can emulate him and learn , the truth is Buhari has done nothing infact pound for pound his performance in this Covid crisis is one of the worst pro rata.

Why does Nigeria actually have lower numbers :

1 : Traveller inflow : in the first two months of 2020 America had already received over 58 million international travellers while Nigeria recieved about 485 thousand passengers , from this statistics you can see America has received over 100 times more people than Nigeria so is more likely to have imported more infected people but when we take the percentage of infect ion per mille we fine out that America has 0.02% per mille while Nigeria has 0.03% per mille which means Nigeria imported more infections per thousand at 155 confirmed cases today and if I go further and use the wild estimations that some 5000 infections might be runnings wild it the brings Nigeria imported infection per mille to over 1% which is a lot

2: Number of test carried out ; another reason why Nigeria seems to be spotting far lower numbers is due to the low number of testing don't compared to America.. America has tested over 135 thousand people while Nigeria as at today has just test slightly over 200 meaning while America is testing over 300 people per a million of it's population Nigeria is test just 2 people per million so Nigeria is likely to see fewer cases .

3 : Low Transmission and lethality ; Another reason why the rates are low in Nigeria is that for some reason the virus has a slower or weaker rate of transmission and lethality in Nigeria and this might be due to a lot of factors like weather , humidity , genetic make up , diet and most probable to me the absence of any active 5g signal above 24Ghz ( this is for smarter folks so average folks can stand down please )

4 Lack of adequate data base requisite for contact tracing : many contacts have not been traced due to poor address systems and inadequate data base of contact thereby making the issue of contact tracing more difficult and making the numbers of confirmed cases lower .

5 : Self Medication : Nigeria is well known for self medication and data seems to suggest that many patients with similar symptoms as COVID has chosen to knock it off as common flu and self medicated their way out of it with the support of their youthful immunity ( twitter is filled with such stories )

6: Youthful population : Nigeria due it's high ratio of youthful population with Youthful immunity might be acting as a stumbling block to the person to person transmission rate in the country as most youth have the capacity ward off COVID infections without even throwing symptoms .

7: The Grace of Almighty God : Finally like our people say "Cow wey no get tail na God dey help am pursue fly" the only other plausible explanation for the low numbers is that the Grace of Almighty God is with NIGERIANS as even God knows our Govt is not prepared and doesn't have the capacity to handle a full blown COVID pandemic

Gentlemen with these few points I hope you can see that there is nothing special the government of Buhari is doing to stem this crisis instead the the Buhari govt has contributed more to escalating it to where it is today in Nigeria with their reckless behaviour of late travel restrictions till their kids got back home and Federal govt aide even going as far as importing infections and spreading it within govt circle ...I must not fail to commend the stellar leadership in this crisis of the Lagos State govt because they set parameters and template for tackling this which other state Govts have quickly mirrored and which has greatly help but as for the Buhari govt I don't see a single special standout thing they did infact they where late to to the table and only came after Lagos had taken the initiative to bear the index case at it's own risk and initiative

Many of your assumptions are false and with no scientific grounding. I'll come back to dissect it later when I have the time
Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by MrSly(m): 7:33am On Apr 02, 2020
Basher8583:

There you go
Trash! A slowpoke forming genius. Lol. I laugh at you and pity you as well. You know nothing. I thought you meant business, just that you could pick one or two typos doesn't make you a genius. If you think you are, let's make it a thread and find out who writes better. That's how to prove it. Not picking errors on comments which most often we post without cross-checking for mistakes.
Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 8:16am On Apr 02, 2020
helinues:

Are you guys not creative enough to counter this?

Must you always be aggressive?

Not trying to justify the guy you quoted for striking through OP's post, but as a writer Mr op Is, he should have known that for a writer to get unbiased responses from his readers, he too should not be biased. A good writer makes his point known without appearing to have sided any person, being dispassionate and neutral. But from what we have up there, the op didn't just show he is a die hard fan of Mr President but went on orgy of throwing derogatory and vile words at his supposed opponents he referred to as wailers. In all honesty, did you expect the said wailers to return his vile words on them with politeness. A writer should be neutral and allow his readers to pick side without appearing to have cajoled them. Mr op should do better than this next time.
Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by Ceeogbaru2: 9:17am On Apr 02, 2020
Hello God... We have learned our lesson
Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by Playermayweda(m): 9:31am On Apr 02, 2020
What did the FG put in place to assist financially-unstable people who have to eat by day-to-day activities (Shop sellers,Okada riders, Bus drivers) Apart from sharing audio rice, The low number of Cases in Nigeria is by the grace of God as Nigeria doesn't have 2℅of the capability of European countries to Tackle the virus
Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by geunik(m): 6:54am On Apr 11, 2020
rusher14:

Like Burundi and Comoros abi?

Name 1 internationally recognizable person from these places.
Taiwan
Re: Has Buhari/FG Actually Mishandled COVID-19 Pandemic? by Hazardd(m): 6:05am On Apr 11, 2021
adefund:
Good writeup, God bless you for more sheilding more light and with better explanations
bro pls reply ur dm.. want to ask u something concern uk admission process

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Ifeanyi Ejiofor: Britain Likely Connived With Nigeria In Nnamdi Kanu's Arrest / Labour Party Holds Maiden Meeting In Egor LGA, Benin City, Edo State (Photos) / Passenger Shot, Driver Escapes As Unknown Gunmen Attack Travellers In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.