Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,630 members, 7,801,822 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos (65400 Views)

Anambra Discovers Unused 4 Ventilators In Medical Store / Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister / COVID-19: Innoson Ready To Produce Ventilators & Medical Equipment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by anonimi: 12:08pm On Apr 02, 2020
rusher14:
That's the spirit we talk about.
We can't keep complaining but we must act.
Demonstrate what you can do and see how your society prospers.
As your society prospers, so do you.

Kudos young man.
Watch how he would start having many engagements on the basis of this.

Excellent

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4160987_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by Andreinsta7: 12:09pm On Apr 02, 2020
《《《SECURE DIGITAL PLATFORM 》》》

Invest minimum of $20 (~ NGN 7,200) in for€x investments, precious metals , cryptocurrenci£s like bitcoins , ethereum etc and get up to 10 % everyday for 20 DAYS. You can start making up to ₦10,000 daily

Register Now: W W W. D I G I S A F E. P R O

This is completely a side income program where you focus on your day to day activities while earning money on the side.
E.g: Invest N10,000 and get up to N1,000 everyday.
This platform is very legitimate.

We are aware the forex market is very volatile and returns depends on various factors, some beyond our control. So we have several cushion effect in place to ensure security of invested funds.

BANK TRANSFER, BITCOIN AND ETHEREUM ACCEPTED.

You can WhatsApp < 0 8 0 7 2 9 8 1 5 2 8 > for more details.
Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by byinks(f): 12:10pm On Apr 02, 2020
Ventilators is a last resort in this epidemic.

I pray no Nigerian become ill enough to warrant mechanical ventilation.

Most deaths in Europe and America occur while on ventilator.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by anonimi: 12:10pm On Apr 02, 2020
missimelda01:
These are the real people making contribution, not all those politicians transferring audio money from their current account to their savings account.

They are doing it because they get praised by the sufferers.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2174510_nigeriansmobmentality_jpegd710c25fa577a4f0fb35da579ff1eb3d

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2900978_nigeria_jpeg4ee84b7726a847792475badcbc938fb7

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by wasi9ice: 12:11pm On Apr 02, 2020
God will bless them,
For this reason also, Corona will not get them and their loves ones
Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by anonimi: 12:12pm On Apr 02, 2020
byinks:
Ventilators is a last resort in this epidemic.
I pray no Nigerian is I'll enough to warrant mechanical ventilation.
Most deaths in Europe and America occur while on ventilator.

Rigorous tracking, isolation and testing are the keys to minimising impact and flattening the curve quickly.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by Cloud007: 12:12pm On Apr 02, 2020
Nbote:
Dis guy has simply added 3 more ventilators to our fleet of working ventilators... A govt who has sense will quickly look for him and contract him to fix d remaining comatose ones...
since they won't profit From it. They had looked the other way.
Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by byinks(f): 12:13pm On Apr 02, 2020
anonimi:

Rigorous tracking, isolation and testing are the keys to minimising impact and flattening the curve quickly.
Thanks.

Ok, I don't doubt you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by SenecaTheYonger: 12:13pm On Apr 02, 2020
There are a lot of Nigerians like this, and even many more that can design and build ventilators from scratch, but you'll find them working in banks, or selling bitcoin at home, while their technical knowledge shrinks.

Nigeria can kill your dream.
Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by Dajugba: 12:14pm On Apr 02, 2020
Funny enough we have the kind of government in 36 state and the president who won't even consider to empower them to partner with the nation to build a factory house where this can be vastly produce. But if it is to pay one stupid chines man or one america man to come fix this, they will pay millions that would get them hundred of such machines and even give them Nigeria soldiers as first class citizens to protect them. Just watch how this news sleep away in few days, and read headlines of such: " Nigerian Govt Paid 1.9 billion naira to Chines Firm to import ventilators!" Na who do us?

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by Nobody: 12:14pm On Apr 02, 2020
Nbote:
Dis guy has simply added 3 more ventilators to our fleet of working ventilators... A govt who has sense will quickly look for him and contract him to fix d remaining comatose ones...

Not in nigeria. As long as the feat has nothing to do with cows it's useless to oga on top at aso rock.

You ask yourself what did the teaching hospital do when the stuff spoilt in the first place.
Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by Juventus4life: 12:14pm On Apr 02, 2020
dawnomike:
Thanks so much Williams and God bless you
They said Williams and Nura Jibrin but you only applauses Williams and excluded Nura.
why?

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by aimuan(m): 12:15pm On Apr 02, 2020
missimelda01:
These are the real people making contribution, not all those politicians transferring audio money from their current account to their savings account.
Tinubu must see this,I am off to his house.. Get ready for DSS visit o
Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by Sardauna24(m): 12:16pm On Apr 02, 2020
dawnomike:
Thanks so much Williams and God bless you
Thanks them all together its two of them i.e Jubrin
Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by IMASTEX: 12:17pm On Apr 02, 2020
sodiqapril:
God bless him .. this is what those billionaires should have done.. physical donations that we can see not the ones that will be embezzled by those bastard politicians. Nigeria has only four hundred ventilators for a population of over 200m and half of them has already been booked for prominent people. God bless the guy once again and anybody that attempts to make money illegally of this Corona virus will die a terrible death along his family members
Swear nor dey catch those people again. They are now juju themselves. People wey fit turn Boko Haram mess to business.
Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by Otunski: 12:17pm On Apr 02, 2020
A whole Jos University Teaching Hospital no functional Ventilator! Shame on the Federal government under the leadership of the clueless dullard.
Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by NairaMaster1(m): 12:17pm On Apr 02, 2020
PlateauNews:
As the Covid-19 pandemic rages on, many have succumbed to the temptation of the blame game. They blame government, health workers and others for the lack of adequate preparation to fight the COVID-19 pandemic.

They forget that blaming others at this point will not help us as the scourge is already upon us. However, there are still some who are thinking of how or what they can contribute to this fight with their skills.

One of such persons is Williams Gyang .

As we get worked up with the inadequate number of ventilators we have, he called to tell me how he wants to construct a ventilator to increase the numbers we have in Plateau State.

Being that he was no health personnel, he wanted to see how a ventilator operates and if he could get some parts from spoilt or "scrapped" ventilators.

We went to the Jos University Teaching Hospital(JUTH) and thankfully, the JUTH leadership gave him a chance. He was shown ventilators that were spoilt and even considered as "scraps".

To cut the long story short, himself and his friend Nura Jibrin were able to fixed 3 ventilators that were not working before.
This increased the number of ventilators in JUTH to 6.

In a resources limited setting like ours, this is no mean feat. What Williams Gyang and Nura Jibrin did is what I pray every Nigerian will do. This pandemic calls for unity among us in order to win. Think of what you can contribute to this fight against the pandemic with your gifts or skills. This pandemic is on us and blaming government will not help us.

I write this to celebrate Williams Gyang and Nura Jibrin who are motivated to live a life of contribution and make a difference in the society.

They are not thinking of material gain but seeking to make a difference on humanity.

I am appealing to Plateau State Government to look within to get a pool of innovators, artisans, scientists and researchers to help in this fight against COVID-19.

In addition, I want to profusely thank the CMD (Prof Edmond Banwat) and CMAC (Dr Pokop Bupwatda) of JUTH for taking a chance on Williams and Nura.

WHAT CAN YOU DO FOR YOUR STATE AND COUNTRY?!
- Dr Daniel Meshak
JUTH

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10222497342002883&id=1250013493

Wonder shall never end. So, before now my ama mate TH had only 3 vents
Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by Jaylite10(m): 12:17pm On Apr 02, 2020
This is commendable, not this useless government making useless noise of transferring audio money to civilians...
Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by Sardauna24(m): 12:18pm On Apr 02, 2020
sodiqapril:
God bless him .. this is what those billionaires should have done.. physical donations that we can see not the ones that will be embezzled by those bastard politicians. Nigeria has only four hundred ventilators for a population of over 200m and half of them has already been booked for prominent people. God bless the guy once again and anybody that attempts to make money illegally of this Corona virus will die a terrible death along his family members
Thanks the other guy too i.e Jubrin
Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by Alvin212(m): 12:20pm On Apr 02, 2020
That scrap belongs to the scrappy pile-up of technological history
Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by Abey23: 12:20pm On Apr 02, 2020
Great
Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by blowjohn(m): 12:21pm On Apr 02, 2020
That is why I will keep on saying that anyone donating hundreds of millions in cash to any government is a bastard and a wicked person.
All of them.
If u cant buy what the hospitals need, go to hell with ur money
Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by Awoo88: 12:22pm On Apr 02, 2020
PlateauNews:

WHAT CAN YOU DO FOR YOUR STATE AND COUNTRY?!
- Dr Daniel Meshak

JUTH

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10222497342002883&id=1250013493
What has my state and country done for??
Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by Jostoman: 12:22pm On Apr 02, 2020
God bless you
Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by Namagic: 12:22pm On Apr 02, 2020
Nice one!.. Way to go!!!
Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by ALABACONNECT(m): 12:22pm On Apr 02, 2020
God bless those who do more than just audio giving
Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by delpee(f): 12:22pm On Apr 02, 2020
God bless William and Nura in marvellous ways. As they have selflessly added value to our lives, so shall their lives be fruitful. They shall flourish and live gloriously from generation to generation. Amen

Unlike some wicked people who will be busy finding ways to inflate contracts now to double our plight.

You're forever blessed great guys!

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by SirNumeroUno: 12:23pm On Apr 02, 2020
I'm so happy and proud about this, more because of their names after two decade of clashes between the communities they came from. United we stand! We gonna leave Plateau State better than we met it.
Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by Pharovo(m): 12:25pm On Apr 02, 2020
sodiqapril:

Leave the family members out of it... let the person or group of persons die their death(s) alone
Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by blowjohn(m): 12:25pm On Apr 02, 2020
9jaDoomCountry:

Not in nigeria. As long as the feat has nothing to do with cows it's useless to oga on top at aso rock.

You ask yourself what did the teaching hospital do when the stuff spoilt in the first place.

The teaching hospitals dont even have enough money to buy more essential items, talk less of ventilator repairs
Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by putin2: 12:26pm On Apr 02, 2020
Hmmm they try but any thing Nigeria technicians touch will not be okay again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Head Is Getting Bald And It Is Making Me Feel Depressed,pls Help! / Cure For Bumps, Spots & Female Facial Hair / 10 Reasons You Must Stop Eating Instant noodles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.