Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,492 members, 7,781,478 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:12 PM

COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos (65375 Views)

Anambra Discovers Unused 4 Ventilators In Medical Store / Coronavirus: Nigeria May Not Need Many Ventilators For Patients – Minister / COVID-19: Innoson Ready To Produce Ventilators & Medical Equipment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by buJu234: 12:28pm On Apr 02, 2020
God bless you guys.

These are the real patriotic Nigerians..

It's time to look inwards..

govt. Should mobilze the people that can manufacture nose Masks, chloroquine, ventilators etc to start right now, including test kit..

Let's look inwards, every country is trying to keep all these for their people

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by boladale123: 12:28pm On Apr 02, 2020
juman:
They are most probably still bad.
Many parts of the equipment will still not work well as expected.

You dont play with human lives.

How come all you see in their good is evil?

Are a technical person at all?
If you know how to fix them why are you still sitting at your home ?

I thought home training has a module called appreciation?

Better appreciate a good deed,so that you could be appreciated tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by mechanics(m): 12:29pm On Apr 02, 2020
Nice one.
Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by Ghostmode2two(m): 12:29pm On Apr 02, 2020
People like this should be encouraged though a company in Anambra offered to manufacture ventilators but the minister of health said covid 19 patients don't really need ventilators
Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by 9jatriot(m): 12:30pm On Apr 02, 2020
God bless them. People keep marking northerners look stupid, once again they prove not all of them are.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by mightyleks(m): 12:30pm On Apr 02, 2020
missimelda01:
These are the real people making contribution, not all those politicians transferring audio money from their current account to their savings account.
grin grin cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by Mayflowa(m): 12:32pm On Apr 02, 2020
mosho2good:
Can you now see the importance of dating someone in your location or your street, at times like this

Lol. Is it late?
Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by techstack: 12:33pm On Apr 02, 2020
Electricboy:
grin with all this corona stuff, mannabbq never contribute anything , if na to talk nonsense baba no go waste time

The blame game continues
Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by todugo(m): 12:34pm On Apr 02, 2020
Nbote:
Dis guy has simply added 3 more ventilators to our fleet of working ventilators... A govt who has sense will quickly look for him and contract him to fix d remaining comatose ones...
Fleet? undecided
Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by Havertz(m): 12:35pm On Apr 02, 2020
God bless u sir with ur family
Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by yaki84: 12:37pm On Apr 02, 2020
PlateauNews:
As the Covid-19 pandemic rages on, many have succumbed to the temptation of the blame game. They blame government, health workers and others for the lack of adequate preparation to fight the COVID-19 pandemic.

They forget that blaming others at this point will not help us as the scourge is already upon us. However, there are still some who are thinking of how or what they can contribute to this fight with their skills.

One of such persons is Williams Gyang .

As we get worked up with the inadequate number of ventilators we have, he called to tell me how he wants to construct a ventilator to increase the numbers we have in Plateau State.

Being that he was no health personnel, he wanted to see how a ventilator operates and if he could get some parts from spoilt or "scrapped" ventilators.

We went to the Jos University Teaching Hospital(JUTH) and thankfully, the JUTH leadership gave him a chance. He was shown ventilators that were spoilt and even considered as "scraps".

To cut the long story short, himself and his friend Nura Jibrin were able to fixed 3 ventilators that were not working before.
This increased the number of ventilators in JUTH to 6.

In a resources limited setting like ours, this is no mean feat. What Williams Gyang and Nura Jibrin did is what I pray every Nigerian will do. This pandemic calls for unity among us in order to win. Think of what you can contribute to this fight against the pandemic with your gifts or skills. This pandemic is on us and blaming government will not help us.

I write this to celebrate Williams Gyang and Nura Jibrin who are motivated to live a life of contribution and make a difference in the society.

They are not thinking of material gain but seeking to make a difference on humanity.

I am appealing to Plateau State Government to look within to get a pool of innovators, artisans, scientists and researchers to help in this fight against COVID-19.

In addition, I want to profusely thank the CMD (Prof Edmond Banwat) and CMAC (Dr Pokop Bupwatda) of JUTH for taking a chance on Williams and Nura.

WHAT CAN YOU DO FOR YOUR STATE AND COUNTRY?!
- Dr Daniel Meshak
JUTH

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10222497342002883&id=1250013493
I think leadership is a curse in Nigeria.
If no senator or reps, them for budget billions for repairs and maintenance. Even CMDs of most if not all THs(teaching hospitals) in Nigeria r thieves. They find them on a yearly basis, they still make money from patients on a daily basis without giving back to the govt yet theywill be shouting n blaming govt for not funding them.
The small they receive can they account for it?
Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by Nobody: 12:37pm On Apr 02, 2020
rusher14:
That's the spirit we talk about.

We can't keep complaining but we must act.
Demonstrate what you can do and see how your society prospers.

As your society prospers, so do you.

Kudos young man.

Watch how he would start having many engagements on the basis of this.

Rush zombie
Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by Originalsly: 12:38pm On Apr 02, 2020
Hmmm......'spoiled ventilators'..... as in spoiled food.... and they see them as same. When ventilators now have more value than gold.... no one in the hospital administration thought of repairing then. When their cars "spoil"..... like the ventilators.... do they scrap them? Hospitals should long be gathering their non working ventilators and have them repaired.
Thank goodness that these guys approached them.... but ..... ventilators are in great demand..... worldwide. I am also sure... in a months time... 6 ventilators would not be in this hospital... don't ask me why.
Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by yahmohy27: 12:39pm On Apr 02, 2020
dawnomike:
Thanks so much Williams and God bless you
Thank You Nura And William
Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by Nobody: 12:41pm On Apr 02, 2020
Electricboy:
grin with all this corona stuff, mannabbq never contribute anything , if na to talk nonsense baba no go waste time

Abi God wan punish you ni!
Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by ojtech8291: 12:41pm On Apr 02, 2020
There are many of them out there but Nigeria never believed in merit. A person like me that can fix anything fixable. I hope the eyes will open this time around. Many talented guys are out there waiting to help but our government prefered those ones that can keep secrete about how they shared the money. God bless you guys!
Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by CSTR2: 12:41pm On Apr 02, 2020
Where are those people that like commonizing Nigerian trained engineers?
Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by 2LESS(m): 12:44pm On Apr 02, 2020
You will be surprised that the ventilators will be moved to Abuja or Lagos for sole use by the VIPs
Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by Yusman316(m): 12:46pm On Apr 02, 2020
Wow see my childhood friend that I consider a brother Nura making the headlines for the right reason in difficult times. God bless ur efforts brothers. I'm so elated right now. This is how we move this country forward and not by all this blame games and insults all the time
Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by Kulimi: 12:49pm On Apr 02, 2020
This guys dese'v a special rewards and automatic employement from govt. good
Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by CSTR2: 12:51pm On Apr 02, 2020
ojtech8291:
There are many of them out there but Nigeria never believed in merit. A person like me that can fix anything fixable. I hope the eyes will open this time around. Many talented guys are out there waiting to help but our government prefered those ones that can keep secrete about how they shared the money. God bless you guys!
I know a guy like that.
Tochukwu is gifted as fucckk.

He can repair anything. He hardly forgets anything. He did a job for Unilever when he was in 200 level.

He was on 5.0 CGPA in 300 level electrical engineering at uniben when the faculty of engineering wanted to give him a separate exams because he gets 100% in all his papers.

A photographic memory that nigga has. The guy imagines and understands electrical engineering as if it is a living thing.

It's sad to say, tochukwu is now in America.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by Talknochip(m): 12:52pm On Apr 02, 2020
Highly Commendable!

This may be one of the lesson this pandemic want the govt and the Nigerian youth to learn from.

lessons; We should all fear God and be humble before him. the govt should focus on developing the youths. our leaders should provide selfless leadership. we should Look inwards. our relationship with family, our maker, relations, friends and community should always come first above money, riches, fame and power.

And the scary one i always ponder on, is the one of religious activities not been what pleases God. But having a personal relationship with Him.
Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by favour32(m): 12:57pm On Apr 02, 2020
mosho2good:
Can you now see the importance of dating someone in your location or your street, at times like this
If na wahala or colo girl/woman for your area you dey date nko...na you go use ya leg RUN go quarantine yourself for another place grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by Akmike1983: 1:00pm On Apr 02, 2020
Good job, God bless ur contribution is far better than those Banks given FG money instead of going tru the account of there customers and credit the customers they notice don't ve cash
Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by MrCuteking(m): 1:06pm On Apr 02, 2020
Unfortunately, politicians don't read stories on nairaland

Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by Nobody: 1:14pm On Apr 02, 2020
blowjohn:

The teaching hospitals dont even have enough money to buy more essential items, talk less of ventilator repairs

Lolz! But they are budgeting billions to repair aso rock claiming the repair is long overdue

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by juman(m): 1:14pm On Apr 02, 2020
boladale123:

How come all you see in their good is evil?

Are a technical person at all?
If you know how to fix them why are you still sitting at your home ?

I thought home training has a module called appreciation?

Better appreciate a good deed,so that you could be appreciated tomorrow.

I laugh.
You dont know what you comment on.
A person put under ventilator, his life depend on work accuracy of that equipment.
There is no room for try and error.

Those repaired ventilators should be thrown away.
Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by Randerl: 1:25pm On Apr 02, 2020
rusher14:
That's the spirit we talk about.
We can't keep complaining but we must act. Demonstrate what you can do and see how your society prospers.
As your society prospers, so do you.
Kudos young man.
Watch how he would start having many engagements on the basis of this.
Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by bigcee(m): 1:27pm On Apr 02, 2020
Electricboy:
Lwkmd grin .Sey u want make him grill e neighbour chicken give you grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by mu2sa2: 1:27pm On Apr 02, 2020
Nackzy:
Nice one but how long he go last
They have repaired the machines and you're raising a pointless query. Rather, ask the authorities why they left the machines in a broken condition when they could be easily repaired by "local boys"?

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by yyba: 1:33pm On Apr 02, 2020
dawnomike:
Thanks so much Williams and God bless you
so it's only Williams you saw their ?

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos by holajeedayy: 1:34pm On Apr 02, 2020
Where are all the buhari media keyboard warrior .....they will only come out to defend bad new from buhari...what is bad in it if they get there various boss aware of this and contract them....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control? / I Have This Skin Disease And I'm About To Get Married... Help Needed!! / 10 Reasons You Must Stop Eating Instant noodles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.