Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown (106084 Views)

Households Adopt Extreme Coping Measures As Hunger Spreads / Benin City Residents Take To The Streets To Celebrate Peter Obi In Fanfare / 2022 Budget: Buhari, Osinbajo To Spend 508m On Food As Hunger Bites Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by menzo4u: 12:10pm On Apr 02, 2020
SoNature:

While you raised some valid points, you must understand why governments around the world are implementing lockdowns.

The truth of the matter is that Covid-19 is a new virus, and researchers don't know much about it up till now.

It is veryyyyyyyy misleading to assume that the little you know about the disease is all there is to it. Yes, researchers are losing sleep just to understand it better even till today.

For instance, if you read some facts about Covid-19 on WHO website, you will see that there are many questions begging for answers.

In summary, you can only contain something you understand not something you don't. The idea of lockdown is to reduce human interaction to the barest minimum because it's the fastest way of reducing the spread of Covid-19 pandemic.

It's quite a pity that we always bastardize things in this country, including religion and lockdowns.

Bro, you may be enjoying three square meal, but it is not the same for everyone. Most people survive on daily income. Check this video, even in Italy, people are now revolting and breaking down foods stores cos they have no food to eat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsNWbfatRwg

So the government need to be held accountable.
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Charmingrascal(m): 12:11pm On Apr 02, 2020
LivingSage:
Hungerbad my brother, rest on... Meanwhile, shit is getting real angry How human being go Tek survive, we're on God

Hungerbad is dead?
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Lavisha(f): 12:12pm On Apr 02, 2020
mctfopt:

Well, it appears most missed the thread done in honour of this great nairalander. Here it is for some of those that missed it: https://www.nairaland.com/5204822/popular-nairalander-hungerbad-dies-age
Thanks for the link bro.
e dey pain me die!

I remember those days with those monikers.
HunderBad
MadCow
Madgoat

Rest on bro.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by mechanics(m): 12:13pm On Apr 02, 2020
The truth is that the government can't feed everyone.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Olarewaju89: 12:14pm On Apr 02, 2020
The day garri go finish for poor man house,Corona go know say nobody de fear am,for now make he de continue dey brag shaa.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Olarewaju89: 12:15pm On Apr 02, 2020
Shot up undecidedbut they can collect nepa bill from everyone. Idiot

mechanics:
The truth is that the government can't feed everyone.
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by eaglez(m): 12:16pm On Apr 02, 2020
Dem don dey break into shops for my area
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by mechanics(m): 12:16pm On Apr 02, 2020
Olarewaju89:
Shot up undecidedbut they can collect nepa bill from everyone. Idiot

Did I insult you, mind your words.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Farki: 12:16pm On Apr 02, 2020
ivolt:

Yes, it is still fake.
Though this source managed to temper the sensationalism of the first link,
it still fails basic journalistic integrity.
Where and who was involved in the "protest"?

A protest has a specific meaning.
An organized actions against a policy or person.

All this video shows is that some people refuse to stay indoors as told.

They were already outside before the task force run into them.
It was never a protest.

There are some streets where boys are playing football, there are even some drivers
who converge in motor parks to play ludo. Are they also protesting hunger?

Yes. The Chinese understand this better. Other authoritarian regimes are also scared of not
the ordinary citizens but the powerful opposition elites. No matter how well fed a populace is
they can be convinced that they have it worse and deserve better either based on the ethnic, religious
or social difference which will always exist.

It is very very easy to deceive an average person into their doom and that is why they are
stringent measures against free media in some countries.

A protest is a public demonstration of disapproval where is the requirement that it must be organised?

They are in public and expressing their disapproval, civil disobedience is a form of protest.

Concerning the second point I would just drop it, I stand by my point that dissatisfied populations lead to rebellions which don't always have to be formed by elite opposition and it seems we just can't agree.
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by todugo(m): 12:16pm On Apr 02, 2020
mployer:

Real selfishness is choosing to momentarily stay alive even if it means killing thousands of people doing it.
Government didn't send you aid is no reason you should come out and kill innocent citizens. The government officials are in their houses, they won't die with you.

It's on people like you that sit at home and watch movies rather than follow the news that will write this rubbish.

If you know the daily fatality of this pandemic you won't spew this trash. US and EU allowed citizens to move around now they are burying them in thousands daily.

You didn't get my point, because if you did, you won't spit this shit you just said. Yes, there should be a lockdown but relief aid such as cash or food items ought to be sent by the government to the people and test kit should be made available in all local government of the states so that people will know their health status on the virus and stop spreading it to other people. Watch CNN and BBC you will see what other Nations are doing to help their Citizens while imposing lockdown. But our Government wants us to die so that they can live.WHAT A NATION!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by lokoloko84(m): 12:18pm On Apr 02, 2020
onatisi:
This lockdown lockdown they are shouting all over will eventually end in chaos . It is absolutely insane to lockdown ppl in their houses for 2 weeks without providing them any food and expect them not to react.
Even the countries that started this lockdown method didn't do it this way, they are providing daily food to everyone and during the lockdown,they are going into every house testing everyone.
We are just telling ppl to lockdown , we are not testing them to know who and who is infected?
What the fg should have done is to close all schools ,give workers both state and federal workers 4 weeks break with double pay, ask all non essential private business to close for the same period , this will automatically reduce movement by 50% , give food markets 8hrs period to open every day. And establish testing centers in all wards and local government areas ,.TESTING IS THE KEY TO DEFEATING CORONA VIRUS NOT LOCKDOWN . the more you get ppl tested, the more you will understand and know what to do.
Brilliant submission

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Lavisha(f): 12:18pm On Apr 02, 2020
sweetrace:

What kind of ignorant talk is this? To manage themselves for to weeks so that Coronavirus can be curbed is now a big deal to some of you. Why do most Nigerians think with their bellies and not their brains? S group of people without any foresight.
A sharp tongue is no indication of keen mind.
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Blackfriday: 12:20pm On Apr 02, 2020
Adonko:
Oh so you prefer they die of hunger abi?
No, you prefer when the entire nation is affected, cos of stupidity.
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by anonimi: 12:22pm On Apr 02, 2020

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by LivingSage: 12:24pm On Apr 02, 2020
Yes. Of blessed memory
Charmingrascal:

Hungerbad is dead?
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Blackfriday: 12:24pm On Apr 02, 2020
judgementyard:

Pls read what you wrote again.How can I hungry person find something to eat while there are no economic activity taking place?
Do you Know that there are people that eat by what they make in a day?
Well the truth is that a hungry man is an angry man and soon the 'have not ' will take by force from those that 'have'
Story, bros... No disrespect intended.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Jat222: 12:25pm On Apr 02, 2020
Corona no see dey catch, na hunger dey wire��
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by pseudaria: 12:31pm On Apr 02, 2020
iammo:
cool

this are the Koronu People of Lagos,

Jesus fasted for 40 days and 40 nights, Prophet Muhammad PBUH fasted for 30 days too, People trekking from desert to Europe don't eat for 2weeks in hard conditions, people running from boko haram and soldiers don't eat for days ..

this ibescile haven't fasted for 2 days they are protesting , God Forbid things get ugly like UK and Italy or America, nobody would tell this hungry black monkeys to seat at home, they wont only wear face mask they would wear turban like Emir Sanusi

If not for Dr Stella Adadevohs ultimate sacrifice, that saved this bunch of ingrates during Ebola virus crisis and if 10,000 Lagosian had died, they would had have sense

#StayatHome

Shut up your stupid mouth you fucking bastard, a young man who has two hands and two legs but can't feed himself because of lockdown what do you expect him to do?. Death from corona and death from hunger which one do you think is more painful. Nigga go Bleep yourself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by iammo(m): 12:34pm On Apr 02, 2020
pseudaria:

Shut up your stupid mouth you fucking bastard, a young man who has two hands and two legs but can't feed himself because of lockdown what do you expect him to do?. Death from corona and death from hunger which one do you think is more painful. Nigga go Bleep yourself

I will simply press the report button rather than give you the fight and insult you hope for.. an I am sure Mynd44 and lalasticlala would do the needful
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by BlessedDNA: 12:35pm On Apr 02, 2020
[i][/i]
LivingSage:
Hungerbad my brother, rest on...
Meanwhile, shit is getting real angry
How human being go Tek survive, we're on God
LivingSage:
LivingSage:
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by BlessedDNA: 12:36pm On Apr 02, 2020
[i][/i]
LivingSage:
LivingSage:
LivingSage:
las las e don happen..
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Nobody: 12:37pm On Apr 02, 2020
RondaRouseym:

Hunger is more deadly than Coronavirus
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Nobody: 12:38pm On Apr 02, 2020
RondaRouseym:

Hunger is more deadly than Coronavirus.
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Blackfriday: 12:40pm On Apr 02, 2020
onatisi:
This lockdown lockdown they are shouting all over will eventually end in chaos . It is absolutely insane to lockdown ppl in their houses for 2 weeks without providing them any food and expect them not to react.
Even the countries that started this lockdown method didn't do it this way, they are providing daily food to everyone and during the lockdown,they are going into every house testing everyone.
We are just telling ppl to lockdown , we are not testing them to know who and who is infected?
What the fg should have done is to close all schools ,give workers both state and federal workers 4 weeks break with double pay, ask all non essential private business to close for the same period , this will automatically reduce movement by 50% , give food markets 8hrs period to open every day. And establish testing centers in all wards and local government areas ,.TESTING IS THE KEY TO DEFEATING CORONA VIRUS NOT LOCKDOWN . the more you get ppl tested, the more you will understand and know what to do.
Do your country have financial strength those other countries have, to Carter for every citizen?... No. But are providing the little they can, example what the LASG is doing.

Even with the sophisticated medical advancement of the so developed countries, they find it difficult to contain this pandemic, what do you think will happen if our cases keep blowing on exponential rate?... We are doomed.

I know it's very hard and difficult for the common man to cope this period but I think it's necessary we abide by the stipulated measurements put in place by the FG. Let's contain this evil thing within us, the best way we can.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Blackfriday: 12:44pm On Apr 02, 2020
iammo:
cool

this are the Koronu People of Lagos,

Jesus fasted for 40 days and 40 nights, Prophet Muhammad PBUH fasted for 30 days too, People trekking from desert to Europe don't eat for 2weeks in hard conditions, people running from boko haram and soldiers don't eat for days ..

this ibescile haven't fasted for 2 days they are protesting , God Forbid things get ugly like UK and Italy or America, nobody would tell this hungry black monkeys to seat at home, they wont only wear face mask they would wear turban like Emir Sanusi

If not for Dr Stella Adadevohs ultimate sacrifice, that saved this bunch of ingrates during Ebola virus crisis and if 10,000 Lagosian had died, they would had have sense

#StayatHome

Hard point but truth.

Most of us in this country, don't think with our brains.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by LivingSage: 12:45pm On Apr 02, 2020
What happened?
BlessedDNA:
[i][/i][color=#000099][/color] las las e don happen..
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Blackfriday: 12:49pm On Apr 02, 2020
Lavisha:

Because you've got comfort right?
So, others should just stay home and die?!
common!
Must one man out of foolishness, kill a thousand more?

Nobody is comfortable but it's a necessity.

#stayhome #stayalive

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Sotland: 12:52pm On Apr 02, 2020
Activeman391:

Mr Sabi all go and help the govt by doling out money to the poor since u have enough and stop masturbating ur ignorance here ..u simply don't know wat hunger can do to a man's brains cos u have nt worn the shoes before[sub][/sub].

If you can't comment in a polite manner, go look for who to insult and start online war with.. I'm not one of those kinds.. I adore politeness, end of discussion!
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by persinpapa: 12:53pm On Apr 02, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:

Hello! If they choose not to die by hunger, then it's opened to them to die by Covid-19 virus.

It's an opened choice to all. But the threat is that the stupidity of an individual will manifest on hundreds. That's just the only pain.

Something must kill a man.

I am sure you are in a chilled room with a.c on as you re typing this *hit
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Blackfriday: 12:54pm On Apr 02, 2020
Lavisha:

It is better to go about looking for food and face death than stay home like a sitting duck waiting for slaughter.

Get his point.... It's about sacrifice.

If you don't consider your life Worthy enough to endure hunger for 2 weeks, how about the life's of others, the one's you love?

Contract the virus and kill several thousand people with you. What height of selfishness is that?

#stayhome #stayalive #saveothers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Lavisha(f): 12:56pm On Apr 02, 2020
Blackfriday:
Must one man out of foolishness, kill a thousand more?

Nobody is comfortable but it's a necessity.

#stayhome #stayalive
But now your fhucking govt said pple can go to market between 8am and 2am.
Shey Corona virus no de potent between those hours?!
Brain dey pain all of you mofo behind total lockdown.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Welcome To Abia State: God's Own State (pictures) / Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb / Photos Of Cancer-Stricken Diezani Alison-madueke With Dele Momodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.