Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,387 members, 7,781,115 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:11 AM

Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown (106028 Views)

Households Adopt Extreme Coping Measures As Hunger Spreads / Benin City Residents Take To The Streets To Celebrate Peter Obi In Fanfare / 2022 Budget: Buhari, Osinbajo To Spend 508m On Food As Hunger Bites Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by smokeyupu(m): 8:33am On Apr 02, 2020
Inevitable
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by athaboi(f): 8:33am On Apr 02, 2020
It should be Nationwide
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Ayinke93(f): 8:34am On Apr 02, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:

Hello! If they choose not to die by hunger, then it's opened to them to die by Covid-19 virus.

It's an opened choice to all. But the threat is that the stupidity of an individual will manifest on hundreds. That's just the only pain.

Something must kill a man.

Many of you are just ignorant and lack empathy. How do you enforce a lockdown in the poverty capital of the world without making provisions for the poor masses. You should understand that the fact that you can stay home is a privilege and have some compassion for these people

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by jidxin(m): 8:34am On Apr 02, 2020
LivingSage:
Hungerbad my brother, rest on...
Meanwhile, shit is getting real angry
How human being go Tek survive, we're on God
. Is hungerbad dead
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by 7lives: 8:34am On Apr 02, 2020
onatisi:
This lockdown lockdown they are shouting all over will eventually end in chaos . It is absolutely insane to lockdown ppl in their houses for 2 weeks without providing them any food and expect them not to react.
Even the countries that started this lockdown method didn't do it this way, they are providing daily food to everyone and during the lockdown,they are going into every house testing everyone.
We are just telling ppl to lockdown , we are not testing them to know who and who is infected?
What the fg should have done is to close all schools ,give workers both state and federal workers 4 weeks break with double pay, ask all non essential private business to close for the same period , this will automatically reduce movement by 50% , give food markets 8hrs period to open every day. And establish testing centers in all wards and local government areas ,.TESTING IS THE KEY TO DEFEATING CORONA VIRUS NOT LOCKDOWN . the more you get ppl tested, the more you will understand and know what to do.

SHIOR, it's either you swim or sink.
Ogun agbotele ki pa aro, fun aro to ba gbon.
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Nobody: 8:35am On Apr 02, 2020
Chicagoesontop:
Naija things dey always different, i see people killing themselves just to give the government a bad name, i haven't seen anybody that just died of hunger, if government no send you abeg send yourself .. Y'all know the kind of country we are in, if you like protest from now till next year, government no send you they no send you, if hunger catch you just find a way and feed yourself and stop dragging government inside your hunger because they didn't provide food for you before the lockdown, blame Corona not the government at this time !!
YOU ARE A CAPITAL FOOL

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by bomber64(m): 8:35am On Apr 02, 2020
Activeman391:
Governor Babajide Sanwo-olu of Lagos state on Tuesday, March 24, issued a sit-at-home order across the state to enable the government tackle further spread of coronavirus. A week later, President Muhammadu Buhari in a nationwide broadcast, ordered a lockdown across Lagos, Abuja and Ogun states as part of measures to curb the disease. However, since the lockdown order by Buhari took effect on Monday, 30th March by 11pm, there have been many criticisms and outcries as citizens lambasted government for not providing palliatives to enable people cope during the shutdown.

With over a week into lockdown for residents of Lagos state, some Lagosians have taken to the streets to lament and even challenge members of the state’s task force. In a video which has gone viral on social media, the residents stated that hunger and epileptic power supply makes it difficult for them to stay at home.

https://www.correctng.com/lagos-residents-hit-the-streets-to-protest-as-hunger-strikes-hard-amid-lockdown-video/

Hmmm
Hunger is not a joke ooo
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Wallade(m): 8:35am On Apr 02, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:

Hello! If they choose not to die by hunger, then it's opened to them to die by Covid-19 virus.

It's an opened choice to all. But the threat is that the stupidity of an individual will manifest on hundreds. That's just the only pain.

You call the instinct of survival foolishness. Anyway, the choice between hunger and Covid 19 is theirs not yours.
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Lamanii22(f): 8:35am On Apr 02, 2020
Lavisha:

Hungerbad is dead?

Yes since...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:36am On Apr 02, 2020
Waiting for people in Choba, Ozuoba, Rumuolagu, Agip Areas/junction and from Education bust/stop in Ikwerre road in Portharcourt to hit the streets before i ll join them. ...if mouth won tear, make e tear finish!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Swagahyk(m): 8:36am On Apr 02, 2020
yenereal:

Na today? Getting to 2yrs

I'm socked just knowing now...I still remember that moniker...'HungerBAD'. rest on
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by LivingSage: 8:36am On Apr 02, 2020
Yeah
jidxin:
. Is hungerbad dead

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Nobody: 8:37am On Apr 02, 2020
Adonko:
Oh so you prefer they die of hunger abi?

Someone who tested positive for corona virus can at least be taken to isolation centre for further treatment and up keep, but someone tested positive for Hunger and starvation and malnutrition can not be taken to anywhere except mortuary ooooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Udyawanga: 8:38am On Apr 02, 2020
Niger people never believed in this virus. If they do, this protest will not hold. Government in their own side is not prepared either. To fight this virus effectively, people shld cooperate with govt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Realcash224(m): 8:39am On Apr 02, 2020
I have been expected this to happen. mark my word, this stay at home will never reflect on containment the spread of the virus. the figure keep rising day by day.
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Glink2018(m): 8:39am On Apr 02, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:

It's an opened choice for all. But the threat is that the stupidity of an individual will manifest on hundreds. That's just the only pain.

And since you are in Nigeria, you are also not safe. So, allow the virus to do the reduction in the naija population.
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by sallyopy(f): 8:39am On Apr 02, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:
People are just anxious to die.

Even the protest aids transmission of the virus.

In the quest to keep them safe, they still revolting.

can u now see that we are the problem of our own country not d government
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Viking007(m): 8:39am On Apr 02, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:

Okay Oga.

Go and protest.

Our values in life are different.

You don't have any value so shut up and let those with empathy and respect talk.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by MrNipplesLover(m): 8:40am On Apr 02, 2020
u can't blame the people protesting for no palliative provided by the government, while u can still blame them for risking their lives (which could affect more people) with the virus.

however, u can't blame the government for ordering stay at home to prevent the spread of the virus cos Nigeria doesn't have the capacity to fight it if it outburst/spread beyond manageable numbers, while you can still blame the government for being so slow and stupid in preventing this from entering the country initially, and also not creating palliative for people before the actual lockdown in those states.

Óró yi so sini lènu, otun bu iyó si.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by OfficialJayy: 8:40am On Apr 02, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:

Corona virus is not a death sentence bro, people do recover from it.. infact many people for don die by now cuz I'm sure there are thousands of undiagnosed cases in Nigeria..

But you see this thing called hunger, e dey kill.. just ask our biafran brothers

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Martinola(m): 8:40am On Apr 02, 2020
Chicagoesontop:
Naija things dey always different, i see people killing themselves just to give the government a bad name, i haven't seen anybody that just died of hunger, if government no send you abeg send yourself .. Y'all know the kind of country we are in, if you like protest from now till next year, government no send you they no send you, if hunger catch you just find a way and feed yourself and stop dragging government inside your hunger because they didn't provide food for you before the lockdown, blame Corona not the government at this time !!
Govt no send, govt no send... Make dem kuku ma leave pipul since dem no send.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by mployer(m): 8:40am On Apr 02, 2020
judgementyard:

Pls read what you wrote again.How can I hungry person find something to eat while there are no economic activity taking place?
Do you Know that there are people that eat by what they make in a day?
Well the truth is that a hungry man is an angry man and soon the 'have not ' will take by force from those that 'have'

Stay home and die alone of hunger rather than come out and kill thousands of people along with yourself with coronavirus.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by RondaRouseym: 8:40am On Apr 02, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:

Hunger is more deadly than Coronavirus

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by klax(m): 8:41am On Apr 02, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:

Thanks. But think about hunger and remember hungry man is a angry man, Infact with no food in stomarch Coro will kill more.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by babyfaceafrica: 8:41am On Apr 02, 2020
Chicagoesontop:
e, i haven't seen anybody that just died of hunger,

You obviously come from a privileged home... Daily people die of hunger around the world.. Please leave your comfort zone

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Thegoodone13(m): 8:41am On Apr 02, 2020
All Nigerian should fast for 30days is better than die of corona virus. What of if we are into war? Will you be able to sell and buy anything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by 4gunners(m): 8:41am On Apr 02, 2020
They were not quick to lock down airport cos it wiil affect them, but found it easy to lock down the whole state cos they've everything stocked up for them-- food, medicine, power are in abundance.

The elites will always have their way, while the masses suffers.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Perfecttouchade: 8:41am On Apr 02, 2020
No electricity too in Ogun state. ..call for your Aluminium windows
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Nobody: 8:42am On Apr 02, 2020
There is no hunger in Nigeria - APC.

Meanwhile these are the Buhary voters.

I won't laugh shaa..
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Joefat: 8:42am On Apr 02, 2020
Most of people right here in Nairalander.. U guys have enough and some doesn't have.. That's why you speak like that. Lagos state government are really trying, however, they've been standout since this pandemic has started.. But mind you, there is know way they can satisfy everybody. And if you go hunger in a day.. You will understand what the name called HUNGER is. A guy DM me on my IG account. He state his name and location.. He said having coronavirus is even more better than stay at home without eating anything. And he asked me anyway I can help. I was like crying. I just pray God help us all.
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Ernerstdavid55(m): 8:42am On Apr 02, 2020
Wre dem Dey make I join dem
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Farki: 8:42am On Apr 02, 2020
I said it that violence against authorities by desperate people would escalate due to the lockdown, this has been the way throughout history.

It is not these well-fed long-haired men that I fear, but the pale and the hungry-looking.

- Julius Caesar

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari And Patience Jonathan Handshake (Photos) / ‘enough Of Igbo Disruption In Lagos’ - Yorubas Outside Nigeria Speak / PDP NATIONAL CONVENTION 2018: Result As Announced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.