Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,449 members, 7,801,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown (106074 Views)

Households Adopt Extreme Coping Measures As Hunger Spreads / Benin City Residents Take To The Streets To Celebrate Peter Obi In Fanfare / 2022 Budget: Buhari, Osinbajo To Spend 508m On Food As Hunger Bites Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by slimbowwow(m): 9:30am On Apr 02, 2020
LivingSage:
Hungerbad my brother, rest on... Meanwhile, shit is getting real angry How human being go Tek survive, we're on God
PEACE AND FAMINE ARE MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE.
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Ovs4real: 9:31am On Apr 02, 2020
Chicagoesontop:
Naija things dey always different, i see people killing themselves just to give the government a bad name, i haven't seen anybody that just died of hunger, if government no send you abeg send yourself .. Y'all know the kind of country we are in, if you like protest from now till next year, government no send you they no send you, if hunger catch you just find a way and feed yourself and stop dragging government inside your hunger because they didn't provide food for you before the lockdown, blame Corona not the government at this time !!

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by LivingSage: 9:31am On Apr 02, 2020
Yes. Of blessed memory
QuickStandard:

Is the person with the username: "Hungerbad" dead?
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Nobody: 9:32am On Apr 02, 2020
Chicagoesontop:
Naija things dey always different, i see people killing themselves just to give the government a bad name, i haven't seen anybody that just died of hunger, if government no send you abeg send yourself .. Y'all know the kind of country we are in, if you like protest from now till next year, government no send you they no send you, if hunger catch you just find a way and feed yourself and stop dragging government inside your hunger because they didn't provide food for you before the lockdown, blame Corona not the government at this time !!
you are a fool, I haven't meet someone this foolish this year

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by LivingSage: 9:32am On Apr 02, 2020
Yes.
Karmaisme:

Hungerbad don die?
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by MusaChukwudi: 9:32am On Apr 02, 2020
Smif:
Las las we go occupy shop rite n any big shop we dey near by... Huncle hunger no fit fear hanty corona na

This time around you will be SHOT!!!

Try it.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by LivingSage: 9:32am On Apr 02, 2020
Yes. Last year
aimuan:
hungerbad rest on?is he dead?
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by solofresh(m): 9:33am On Apr 02, 2020
[quote author=CoronaVirusRelo post=88008064]

Hello! If they choose not to die by hunger, then it's opened to them to die by Covid-19 virus.

It's an opened choice to all. But the threat is that the stupidity of an individual will manifest on hundreds. That's just the only pain.

Something must kill a man. [/Which kills faster hunger or coronavirus?
Use your head bro]

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Hypocrit: 9:33am On Apr 02, 2020
Thegoodone13:
All Nigerian should fast for 30days is better than die of corona virus. What of if we are into war? Will you be able to sell and buy anything.
let me give you the honor of quoting you. You knew in your heart that what you posted was foolish but you still choose to post it anyway. Na rate your foolishness on a scale of 1 to 10

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Angelfrost(m): 9:33am On Apr 02, 2020
iammo:

not about comfort but about sacrifice.. what is coming is like winter of game of throne, a major out break in lagos would wipe so many souls that dead body would litter the street..

so the decision is should I sacrifice two weeks hunger strike and have my life intact, or should I go about looking for food and face death

Shhh... Don't be ignorant please... The virus has been widespread in Lagos and Nigeria since late February to early March...

If people are to drop dead like flies, at least there ought to first be widespread and massive symptoms across the nation, coupled with hospitalizations on an unprecedented scale by now...

The virus doesn't incubate this long... If not all, at least hundreds should be coming down with severe symptoms by now... Where are the numbers??!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Stillthebest: 9:33am On Apr 02, 2020
Adonko:
Oh so you prefer they die of hunger abi?

People can protest massively online First. And govt won't have a choice than to harken to our yearnings.

If diseases are spread in an unassuming rate, people will see food and won't be able eat. Money becomes useless in the face of death.

We have no Govt but same Govt will leave us to die if people contract disease in a multiplying rate.

I would prefer people fight this battle online massively.

The man we have up there is a deaf man!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by LEBEfirstson: 9:34am On Apr 02, 2020
Chicagoesontop:
... Can you imagine what this IDIOT is saying and I quote" I haven't seen anybody that just died of hunger" and goes on to spew gibberish again " if hunger catch you just find a way and feed yourself". You will never know peace at all until you apologize for this rubbish you typed here! Just last night, a friend house was attacked by thieves and you said things are well with this locked down Let me just ask you, how many deaths have they recorded so far from all these political bruhaha called corona virus of them?? They are you instigating fears in people by increasing the numbers of their so called positive Coronvirus patients thereby syphoning public funds amongst them. Be careful!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Karmaisme(m): 9:34am On Apr 02, 2020
LivingSage:
Yes.
May his soul rest in peace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by LivingSage: 9:34am On Apr 02, 2020
He has died, show some respect
cbngov01:

hungerbad don kpoof?
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by ajl: 9:35am On Apr 02, 2020
Chicagoesontop:

Stupid statement. You said "find something to eat". Only an empty head with toxic mind will say that. It's like they have a farm on each street that people will go to and pick food or a grocery store you will enter to pick free food. Enemies of the people.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by akus6060(m): 9:36am On Apr 02, 2020
Chicagoesontop:
guy in a sane society the government should have put palliatives in place before calling for lockdown and haven't u heard about the saying that an hungry man is an angry man? U made mention of the fact that they should look for food to eat, and I ask how can that be possible when some Nigerians are eating from hand to mouth without savings and can't eat without going out to hustle on a daily basis.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by prinsam30: 9:37am On Apr 02, 2020
onatisi:
This lockdown lockdown they are shouting all over will eventually end in chaos . It is absolutely insane to lockdown ppl in their houses for 2 weeks without providing them any food and expect them not to react.
Even the countries that started this lockdown method didn't do it this way, they are providing daily food to everyone and during the lockdown,they are going into every house testing everyone.
We are just telling ppl to lockdown , we are not testing them to know who and who is infected?
What the fg should have done is to close all schools ,give workers both state and federal workers 4 weeks break with double pay, ask all non essential private business to close for the same period , this will automatically reduce movement by 50% , give food markets 8hrs period to open every day. And establish testing centers in all wards and local government areas ,.TESTING IS THE KEY TO DEFEATING CORONA VIRUS NOT LOCKDOWN . the more you get ppl tested, the more you will understand and know what to do.

The best comment I've ever read since the beginning of coronavirus lockdown, guy I salute u jor

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by judgementyard(m): 9:37am On Apr 02, 2020
AjayOfficial:

My brother I feel the pain of the people but it is a sacrifice we all have to make,bros most of dis people shouting hunger hunger they still have food in d house and truth be told I have never seen who hunger killed before in dis country,even the almajiris, street beggars,orphans,homeless and what have u .all find a way to eat daily,my brother LOCKDOWN is the best way to curb an uncontrollable breakout that even food and money will not solve,bros let us learn lessons from Italy and stay at home to minimize communal transmission,we will win this war eventually and we will all be fine

Amen
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by iammo(m): 9:38am On Apr 02, 2020
Angelfrost:

Shhh... Don't be ignorant please... The virus has been widespread in Lagos and Nigeria since late February to early March...

If people are to drop dead like flies, at least there ought to first be widespread and massive symptoms across the nation, coupled with hospitalizations on an unprecedented scale by now...

The virus doesn't incubate this long... If not all, at least hundreds should be coming down with severe symptoms by now... Where are the numbers??!

after the two weeks we can take your hypothesis serious, for now we know more than 3 have died even if FG is claiming lesser number
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by michoim(m): 9:39am On Apr 02, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:

Hello! If they choose not to die by hunger, then it's opened to them to die by Covid-19 virus.

It's an opened choice to all. But the threat is that the stupidity of an individual will manifest on hundreds. That's just the only pain.

Something must kill a man.
On point
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by 989900: 9:39am On Apr 02, 2020
By the time they create anarchy and millions get infected (which could happen real quick in few months), I want to see how the trade and commerce to feed would go on -- last-last y'all protesters and pro-protesters would still die of the same hunger or the virus.

2 weeks of sacrifice is not too much to ask to prevent an impending disaster of catastrophic ramifications.

If your pastor/imam asked you to fast for 40 days and 40 nights against some imaginary/virtual enemy(ies), I bet y'all would.

Between my late teenage years and early 20s, my family and I went through the Babangida and Abacha lockdowns without mobile phones, without internet, without mobile banking, with a sick father, with an out-of-job mother and 5 other younger siblings. Yes, it was trialsome, but hunger didn't kill us -- we survived, it taught us hard useful lessons that made us who we all are today.

Sorry, but I have a very thin skin for unreasonable cry babies.

Yes, we are in a terrible situation, but what is our alternative? Plague and multiple deaths if we don't comply -- get with the program: lockdown.

As we speak, many entrepreneurs are losing millions/billions in sales, some have taken loans that would probably give them HBP maybe lead to death, NOT only poor people are affected, it is a pandemic and this is what it does!

As I type, I have my own serious worries too!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by okwusdidi: 9:40am On Apr 02, 2020
The thing here is to show compassion to these people.It may shock you to know how many people go to bed hungry in this Lagos the banning of keke and okada without alternatives has not helped matters,and now this.In the UK for instance food is in abundance.So they can afford to lockdown.The government knows this but it was a difficult decision for them to take.
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by ivolt: 9:40am On Apr 02, 2020
Farki:

Do you have news to the contrary?
Fake news is easy to spot.
No place, no name and use of fake pictures.
Worst of all, it happens after the government allows free movement between 10 am and 2 pm.

It's like you missed the point of what Ceaser is try to say, when you leave the citizens with nothing they will violently revolt because they have nothing left to lose. If you don't believe me just look at what happened to the French and Russian royal families.

You and Caesar are wrong going by the manner of his death.

Even the French Royal family's story tells us that the well-fed man is to be feared
the most because they are power-hungry and possess the resources to topple the government.
They organized, preached and sponsored the revolution.
The "people" were just a tool for their power grab.

When the dust settled, it was obvious who was in charge.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by solofresh(m): 9:41am On Apr 02, 2020
[quote author=Chicagoesontop post=88008208]Naija things dey always different, i see people killing themselves just to give the government a bad name, i haven't seen anybody that just died of hunger, if government no send you abeg send yourself .. Y'all know the kind of country we are in, if you like protest from now till next year, government no send you they no send you, if hunger catch you just find a way and feed yourself and stop dragging government inside your hunger because they didn't provide food for you before the lockdown, blame Corona not the government at this time !![/No worry nah when armed robber come your house for night you go know watsup ]
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Thegoodone13(m): 9:41am On Apr 02, 2020
Hypocrit:
let me give you the honor of quoting you. You knew in your heart that what you posted was foolish but you still choose to post it anyway. Na rate your foolishness on a scale of 1 to 10
sorry, I knew what you are passing through. Frustration will not kill you.
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by anny270: 9:41am On Apr 02, 2020
LivingSage:
Hungerbad my brother, rest on...
Meanwhile, shit is getting real angry
How human being go Tek survive, we're on God
Whenever I see comments pertaining hunger this dude just come mind. RIP to him!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by samuelson06(m): 9:41am On Apr 02, 2020
SoNature:

While you raised some valid points, you must understand why governments around the world are implementing lockdowns.

The truth of the matter is that Covid-19 is a new virus, and researchers don't know much about it up till now.

It is veryyyyyyyy misleading to assume that the little you know about the disease is all there is to it. Yes, researchers are losing sleep just to understand it better even till today.

For instance, if you read some facts about Covid-19 on WHO website, you will see that there are many questions begging for answers.

In summary, you can only contain something you understand not something you don't. The idea of lockdown is to reduce human interaction to the barest minimum because it's the fastest way of reducing the spread of Covid-19 pandemic.

It's quite a pity that we always bastardize things in this country, including religion and lockdowns.

You can't fault that guy in any way. You just can't. Whether you understand the virus or not, you don't expect people to remain locked and die of hunger. Do you know that hunger deprives sleep? Do you know how wicked and fatal hunger can be? Look, we've never had a country that works so if coronavirus is coming to take us all, so be it.

If our leaders were sincere, they know what to do but it's because they derive joy in making Nigerians suffer so they'd never do. At the end of the day, they'd allocate billions to themselves but look at how they are handling what concerns a common man. No! Allow the people please. Allow them fight to survive instead of telling them to lock themselves in without food.

We've been hearing donations here and there, but when you look closely you'd realize that the government have not spent up to half of the donations let alone their own contribution. Allow people, please. God would make a way. Stop being sycophantic.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Nobody: 9:41am On Apr 02, 2020
Viking007:
[s][/s]What part of people are starving don't you understand?? Countries I mean working countries are daily giving out basic amenities to support their citizens, what has this useless zoo of a country done? The billions donated are currently being shared amongst themselves.

Who did Nigerians offend? Even in the midst of a global pandemic these criminals still found a way of making things more difficult for the masses. Go to Twitter and see millions of Nigerians posting account number everywhere begging!

If it's to track rich people, they will know there is BVN, or to collect tax, or to collect stamp duty.

Many bank accounts have only N2,000 or less inside them.

Why not credit such accounts with N5,000 each.

They prefer to come out and tell us that it costs N10,000 to test one person for Corona Virus. A test they won't still grant a poor man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by ivolt: 9:42am On Apr 02, 2020
Smif:
Las las we go occupy shop rite n any big shop we dey near by... Huncle hunger no fit fear hanty corona na
You only get one shot at it, so make sure you loot at least 2 month's supply.
Because after that, shoot at sight order will be implemented everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Angelfrost(m): 9:42am On Apr 02, 2020
Thegoodone13:
All Nigerian should fast for 30days is better than die of corona virus. What of if we are into war? Will you be able to sell and buy anything.

We are not at war sir... We being forced to follow the rest of the world to stop the spread of a virus with less lethality here than most resident infections... Fact!!!

Use better analogies please!!!
Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by BobbyGenius(m): 9:43am On Apr 02, 2020
Nna ehn my brothrs government just want to cuz hazard bein home is another hunger virus curfew 19

Oya mai una prove government wrong

1 Like

Re: Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown by Rexmy(m): 9:43am On Apr 02, 2020
onatisi:
This lockdown lockdown they are shouting all over will eventually end in chaos . It is absolutely insane to lockdown ppl in their houses for 2 weeks without providing them any food and expect them not to react.
Even the countries that started this lockdown method didn't do it this way, they are providing daily food to everyone and during the lockdown,they are going into every house testing everyone.
We are just telling ppl to lockdown , we are not testing them to know who and who is infected?
What the fg should have done is to close all schools ,give workers both state and federal workers 4 weeks break with double pay, ask all non essential private business to close for the same period , this will automatically reduce movement by 50% , give food markets 8hrs period to open every day. And establish testing centers in all wards and local government areas ,.TESTING IS THE KEY TO DEFEATING CORONA VIRUS NOT LOCKDOWN . the more you get ppl tested, the more you will understand and know what to do.
You are very correct bro. I wonder how we always arrive at this kind of people in government when we have so many cerebral people in the country. Our government is not a true representative of us at all. No planning, no foresight, no nothing... Just to sit at the realm of power and order... Chai!
It's very obvious that the strategy used in the developed nations won't definitely work here, why can't they design a strategy that will work here instead. At least they cannot be in power, have access to citizens data and nature of affairs in the country and say they don't understand the system. This is where educational intellects are needed but no, our government doesn't know the benefits of the Academia.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Nigerian Troops Prevent Speaker Aminu Tambuwal From Entering The National Assemb / Photos Of Cancer-Stricken Diezani Alison-madueke With Dele Momodu / PDP NATIONAL CONVENTION 2018: Result As Announced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.