Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,499 members, 7,808,848 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

COVID-19: Ondo Closes Borders, Declares Three-Day Fasting And Prayers - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: Ondo Closes Borders, Declares Three-Day Fasting And Prayers (16798 Views)

Ogun Doctors Declare Three-day Warning Strike Amid COVID-19 / Task Force Closes Bars, Clubs And Restaurants In Anambra Over Coronavirus / COVID-19: Enugu Govt Closes All Borders, Markets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Ondo Closes Borders, Declares Three-Day Fasting And Prayers by Seethrough(m): 8:04am On Apr 02, 2020
" Lo this only have I found, that God hath made man upright but they have sought out many inventions " Eccl 7:29
MrPRevailer:

No.
It's Man that is evil. The poverty, famine, pollutions, diseases are being engineered deliberately by the powers that rule the world.
Any technology that helps to curb these menaces in a global scale have been resisted by the globalists for many decades.

They serve a master (Satan)who seeks to have the whole of mankind bow to him. That will be achieved in the One World Government/Religion. They are inturn promised continued power and rule for their services.
Re: COVID-19: Ondo Closes Borders, Declares Three-Day Fasting And Prayers by Kay25(m): 8:10am On Apr 02, 2020
[quote author=Isinweke post=88010548]

Keep deceiving yourselves

So Oyedepo don't know how to pray too?
Why is he donating Ambulance, does ambulance take people to churches or
I laughed may you not enter into it first and see that prayer will be your last resort.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Ondo Closes Borders, Declares Three-Day Fasting And Prayers by shadeyinka(m): 8:13am On Apr 02, 2020
helinues:
Pray to the same God that has forsaken us during this Coronavirus period abi why is the death tolls increasing daily globally?
I felt like replying you....
But the level of your IQ a big disadvantage.

So, I remain kwiet!

Who told you that God had been with you in the first place!!??
Re: COVID-19: Ondo Closes Borders, Declares Three-Day Fasting And Prayers by MainJoe: 8:16am On Apr 02, 2020
Covid-19: Akwa Ibom's Lesson For Other States To Learn From
https://www.nairaland.com/5768968/covid-19-akwa-iboms-lesson-other#88006916

Lockdown means nothing without testing, isolating and treating infected ones
Re: COVID-19: Ondo Closes Borders, Declares Three-Day Fasting And Prayers by Iheuwaneme(m): 8:17am On Apr 02, 2020
helinues:
Pray to the same God that has forsaken us during this Coronavirus period abi why is the death tolls increasing daily globally?

No sir/ma, God did not forsake us, we are the ones that forsook Him long ago. We disobeyed His commandments, we told Him not to interfere in our daily lives. We said His commands are not compatible with the 21st century world. Some of us even deny His existence. So, why do you blame God for the calamities that have befallen the world, why?
Re: COVID-19: Ondo Closes Borders, Declares Three-Day Fasting And Prayers by helinues: 8:20am On Apr 02, 2020
shadeyinka:

I felt like replying you....
But the level of your IQ a big disadvantage.

So, I remain kwiet!

Who told you that God had been with you in the first place!!??

I felt like replying you. But the level of your IQ a big disadvantage

Contradiction of the highest order.... grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Ondo Closes Borders, Declares Three-Day Fasting And Prayers by Iheuwaneme(m): 8:22am On Apr 02, 2020
ignis:
Prayer Prayer Prayer....

We are only deceiving ourselves. Infact we are more religious than the people that brought the religion to us.

The black man believes prayer is the answer and solution to everything.

Developed nations didn't reach that level by mere prayers. Sky scrappers and several world inventions is not achieved by prayers.
It is not all about prayer and fasting, what actions are we taking?
Billionaires didn't become one by prayers.
3 days fasting and prayers...

My sister you are right, prayer is not everything, but we can't deny the fact that we also need prayer. Yes, we need to do other things to help ourselves aside prayer, but that doesn't cancel the fact that prayer is necessary.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Ondo Closes Borders, Declares Three-Day Fasting And Prayers by am4truth(m): 8:22am On Apr 02, 2020
helinues:

No... Friend, God has not forsaken us, rather it is we that have turned our backs on him.
Let's our leaders acknowledge their sins and see what God will do.
I for one knows I CAN'T HAVE COVID 19. IF JESUS CAN'T HAVE IT, I KNOW IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO HAVE IT.
Don't tell me to go to Italy, I won't tempt God.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Ondo Closes Borders, Declares Three-Day Fasting And Prayers by Iheuwaneme(m): 8:26am On Apr 02, 2020
grossintel:
Fasting and prayers ke? Build ICU centres! Pray from now till tomorrow the virus will only keep spreading. Mtchew.

Yea, there's need to develop more ICU centers. But we know that even developed nations with all their ICU and medical prowess, still the virus keeps spreading and killing. While I agree with you that we need to build more medical facilities and so on, we cannot rule out prayer. Prayer is equally important.
Re: COVID-19: Ondo Closes Borders, Declares Three-Day Fasting And Prayers by Iheuwaneme(m): 8:29am On Apr 02, 2020
am4truth:

No... Friend, God has not forsaken us, rather it is we that have turned our backs on him.
Let's our leaders acknowledge their sins and see what God will do.
I for one knows I CAN'T HAVE COVID 19. IF JESUS CAN'T HAVE IT, I KNOW IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO HAVE IT.
Don't tell me to go to Italy, I won't tempt God.

You're right, but it's not just the leaders who have sinned. All citizens of all religions, tribes, languages, and so on, needs to bow the in prayers to God and ask for forgiveness.
Re: COVID-19: Ondo Closes Borders, Declares Three-Day Fasting And Prayers by dayveed1(m): 8:30am On Apr 02, 2020
Emnanuell:
Wow! This man just earned my respect. Thumbs Up to him.
can you work interstate.?
Re: COVID-19: Ondo Closes Borders, Declares Three-Day Fasting And Prayers by Nobody: 8:40am On Apr 02, 2020
Iheuwaneme:

Yea, there's need to develop more ICU centers. But we know that even developed nations with all their ICU and medical prowess, still the virus keeps spreading and killing. While I agree with you that we need to build more medical facilities and so on, we cannot rule out prayer. Prayer is equally important.
We need More ICU centers and ventilators, it's very important we improve our health care first then pray later. We need to do our part, heaven helps those who helps themselves.
Re: COVID-19: Ondo Closes Borders, Declares Three-Day Fasting And Prayers by Iheuwaneme(m): 8:41am On Apr 02, 2020
samsard:
Praying to god is the most useless exercise known to man. At last science will rescue us like it has always done while religitards like yourself will 'give the glory' to their preferred god.
Which serious country turns to god to solve a problem if not clueless Nigeria? This virus has demystified all gods and religions to those who are ready to let god of their childhood indoctrination

How did Ebola go? Did science provide any cure to the Ebola virus? When Ebola was ravaging Africa, was science able to rescue us? Which country recorded the first case of an Ebola patient being discharged? Was it not Nigeria? Which drug or vaccine was used to cure the patient?
Why has science not found the cure to HIV/AIDS after so many years of research? Can you explain why?
I can sense your hatred or denial of the existence of God, and it's okay for you. Let those who trust in science be allowed and let those who put their trust in God be also allowed.
Re: COVID-19: Ondo Closes Borders, Declares Three-Day Fasting And Prayers by israel90: 8:45am On Apr 02, 2020
helinues:
stop making silly statement towards my father he knows far better than you do you are just canal
Re: COVID-19: Ondo Closes Borders, Declares Three-Day Fasting And Prayers by stano2(m): 8:49am On Apr 02, 2020
Isinweke:
Prayer does not work,
Fasting is just a punishment of starvation to yourself.

Bishop Oyedepo knows that prayers don't work that's why he is donating ambulance that will take people to hospitals.
Prayer can't heal you from covid19.
Only your immune system can if strong enough.

Nigerians failed to build enough hospitals, they were busy building mosques and churches instead of hospitals and laboratories.

Bishop praying for Ebola victim(pix)
That Ebola victim is a Rev. Father..He survived
Re: COVID-19: Ondo Closes Borders, Declares Three-Day Fasting And Prayers by samsard(m): 8:54am On Apr 02, 2020
Iheuwaneme:

How did Ebola go? Did science provide any cure to the Ebola virus? When Ebola was ravaging Africa, was science able to rescue us? Which country recorded the first case of an Ebola patient being discharged? Was it not Nigeria? Which drug or vaccine was used to cure the patient?
Why has science not found the cure to HIV/AIDS after so many years of research? Can you explain why?
I can sense your hatred or denial of the existence of God, and it's okay for you. Let those who trust in science be allowed and let those who put their trust in God be also allowed.
Let me school your ignorant ASS. Ebola was not cured! It was contained! If you can't put out a fire simply don't allow it spread. Whatever the case your preferred god had nothing to with it.
Another ignorant point from you is on HIV/AIDS. If you weren't ignorant you'd know that god did not produce antiretrovirals which meant that HIV was no longer a death sentence. Yes, no cure. But HIV is no longer a horrible death sentence.

For diseases that have no cure, some us of us will almost always survive it due to natural immunity. Some few persons are even immune to HIV!
The concept of god is a worthless one, a sadistic character worshipped by emotionally needy humans like you.
Also, we can't let religionist just have free hall with the ridiculous beliefs always because at the end they seek to dictate laws and regulate everything with their bullcrap

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Ondo Closes Borders, Declares Three-Day Fasting And Prayers by Iheuwaneme(m): 8:55am On Apr 02, 2020
helinues:

Coward God that is no where to be found when needed

Do you need Him? Do you believe in Him? Do you believe He exists?
I laugh at all these atheists who, when the everything is fine they brag about the nonexistence of God, but when things begin to go awkward, they blame God for the miseries. How can you blame someone who you say doesn't exist? I still don't understand.

I also laugh at those who claim to be religious, but they'll never obey the commandments of God. They live always in sin and in direct disobedience to God while claiming to be His disciples. And when all of a sudden, there's a calamity, they begin to expect the God who they never truly obey to perform miracle and let the calamity disappear immediately. They're only praying to Him, not that they really want to repent, but that He should take away the plague so they can have the chance to continue in their abominations and sinfulness.

God cannot be mocked, whatever a man sows that's what he's going to reap. The world is reaping what it has sowed, so please leave God out of this. God is not to blame.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Ondo Closes Borders, Declares Three-Day Fasting And Prayers by samsard(m): 8:57am On Apr 02, 2020
Iheuwaneme:

I laugh at all these atheists who, when the everything is fine they brag about the nonexistence of God, but when things begin to go awkward, they blame God for the miseries. How can you blame someone who you say doesn't exist? I still don't understand.

I also laugh at those who claim to be religious, but they'll never obey the commandments of God. They live always in sin and in direct disobedience to God while claiming to be His disciples. And when all of a sudden, there's a calamity, they begin to expect the God who they never truly obey to perform miracle and let the calamity disappear immediately. They're only praying to Him, not that they really want to repent, but that He should take away the plague so they can have the chance to continue in their abominations and sinfulness.

God cannot be mocked, whatever a man sows that's what he's going to reap. The world is reaping what it has sowed, so please leave God out of this. God is not to blame.
Why do atheists blame god?
Let me tell you, spiderman is not real but we'd treat him like the character he is when discussing comics, same thing with god.
People argue about superman and other comic book characters all the time, still doesn't make them real and we keep that in mind

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Ondo Closes Borders, Declares Three-Day Fasting And Prayers by DCmonster: 8:57am On Apr 02, 2020
helinues:
May God have mercy on you, because only a fool will question God.
Re: COVID-19: Ondo Closes Borders, Declares Three-Day Fasting And Prayers by helinues: 8:58am On Apr 02, 2020
DCmonster:
May God have mercy on you, because only a fool will question God.

Let your God first having mercy on innocent people being affected by the virus before considering me

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Ondo Closes Borders, Declares Three-Day Fasting And Prayers by helinues: 8:59am On Apr 02, 2020
Iheuwaneme:

As long as your God is helpless with the world health crisis, we will mock him..

Or is he an audio God?
Re: COVID-19: Ondo Closes Borders, Declares Three-Day Fasting And Prayers by DCmonster: 9:00am On Apr 02, 2020
helinues:

Let your God first having mercy on innocent people being affected by the virus before considering me
Ok! Who are you to question Jehovah lord God almighty. I repeat, may God have mercy on you and forgive you your sins. Amen!
Re: COVID-19: Ondo Closes Borders, Declares Three-Day Fasting And Prayers by Lilyfearless: 9:01am On Apr 02, 2020
God even if many did not believe in you,I believe you will save us please hear our prayers.
Re: COVID-19: Ondo Closes Borders, Declares Three-Day Fasting And Prayers by helinues: 9:02am On Apr 02, 2020
DCmonster:
Ok! Who are you to question Jehovah lord God almighty. I repeat, may God have mercy on you and forgive you your sins. Amen!

Is he helpless in this situations? Just admit
Re: COVID-19: Ondo Closes Borders, Declares Three-Day Fasting And Prayers by Iheuwaneme(m): 9:05am On Apr 02, 2020
samsard:
Let me school your ignorant ASS. Ebola was not cured! It was contained! If you can't put out a fire simply don't allow it spread. Whatever the case your preferred god had nothing to with it.
Another ignorant point from you is on HIV/AIDS. If you weren't ignorant you'd know that god did not produce antiretrovirals which meant that HIV was no longer a death sentence. Yes, no cure. But HIV is no longer a horrible death sentence.

For diseases that have no cure, some us of us will almost always survive it due to natural immunity. Some few persons are even immune to HIV!
The concept of god is a worthless one, a sadistic character worshipped by emotionally needy humans like you.
Also, we can't let religionist just have free hall with the ridiculous beliefs always because at the end they seek to dictate laws and regulate everything with their bullcrap

Calm down bros, no need for insult. We're just having a chat, so don't be nervous. I understand you're an atheist. You certainly have right to believe that God doesn't exist as I have a right to believe He does. We are free moral agents that has the right to choose what to believe and what not to believe. I'm a Christian and I'm very happy about that. I have no intention of forcing you to believe in God, I can't do that. I only pray that one day the eyes of your understanding will be enlightened and you'll come to discover God, not theoretically, but experientially.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Ondo Closes Borders, Declares Three-Day Fasting And Prayers by Iheuwaneme(m): 9:13am On Apr 02, 2020
helinues:

As long as your God is helpless with the world health crisis, we will mock him..

Or is he an audio God?

Maybe you should read about Eschatological events. Nothing happening in the world today will be a surprise to God. Times and events do not change who He is. He is ever unchanging. If you know about Eschatological events you would know that the foolishness of God is greater than the wisest of men. The weakness of God is stronger and mightier than the most powerful amongst men. I urge you once again to study about Eschatological events and find out the truth for yourself.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Ondo Closes Borders, Declares Three-Day Fasting And Prayers by helinues: 9:17am On Apr 02, 2020
Iheuwaneme:

Maybe you should read about Eschatological events. Nothing happening in the world today will be a surprise to God. Times and events do not change who He is. He is ever unchanging. If you know about Eschatological events you would know that the foolishness of God is greater than the wisest of men. The weakness of God is stronger and mightier than the most powerful amongst men. I urge you once again to study about Eschatological events and find out the truth for yourself.

So your God is waiting for how many death tolls globally before interference?
Re: COVID-19: Ondo Closes Borders, Declares Three-Day Fasting And Prayers by alsudaes1(m): 9:23am On Apr 02, 2020
Makavelli25:
Nice one
Not like the lame ass gomina here in ogun

I just pity ogun state,when the real shit start its gona be hard

Stay home guys
Wash your hands
Use ya mask

Stay safe

we move
Is it not surprising that a governor of the state that the index case visited first will be asking for more days to stock up a food bank when other states are locking down, shows that he is not proactive
Re: COVID-19: Ondo Closes Borders, Declares Three-Day Fasting And Prayers by Iheuwaneme(m): 9:25am On Apr 02, 2020
helinues:

Who are the innocent people? What are your criteria for determining who is innocent?
The Bible says all have sinned and come shut of the glory of God. All our Righteousness are as filthy rags before Him. It's only by His grace that we're alive today. Dear friend, I implore you to accept His grace.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Ondo Closes Borders, Declares Three-Day Fasting And Prayers by Iheuwaneme(m): 9:30am On Apr 02, 2020
helinues:

So your God is waiting for how many death tolls globally before interference?

Everybody dies, but not everyone needs to be afraid of death. We are only sojourning here on earth. This world is not our final home. We all pray to live long, but should death come at anytime, my prayer is that, let me die the death of the righteous and let my last end be like his.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Ondo Closes Borders, Declares Three-Day Fasting And Prayers by helinues: 9:34am On Apr 02, 2020
Iheuwaneme:

Everybody dies, but not everyone needs to be afraid of death. We are only sojourning here on earth. This world is not our final home. We all pray to live long, but should death come at anytime, my prayer is that, let me die the death of the righteous and let my last end be like his.

You have not answered my question? Is your God waiting for the death tolls to reach millions?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why When We Sleep Face Up We Usually Have Nightmare / 90% Of Nigerian Households Consume Feces-tainted Water / Reps Consider Making Nurses, Pharmacists, Others To Head Hospitals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.