Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,869 members, 7,806,475 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:00 PM

Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State (24971 Views)

Ben Ayade: If You Wear Face Mask, No Need For Social Distancing (Video) / Coronavirus: No Need For Panic Buying, Sanwo-Olu Tells Lagosians / Obuwe Tega, AuchiPoly Student Dies After Complaining Of Movement In Her Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by topstone4: 6:50am On Apr 02, 2020
Shelumiel:
...but face masks don't prevent corona na. undecided
It does
Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by Stanlyag(m): 6:50am On Apr 02, 2020
Am sure one of you here was among those saying the first case in lagos of an Italian was fake until you get to see his face n name. Why not keep doubting.
Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by Nobody: 6:50am On Apr 02, 2020
correctguy0900:
The current situation is not sustainable... give them 2 weeks max

Hunger induced protests, dey get as e be.

Two weeks is impossible.
One week max and you'll see what will happen
Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by BrightAhiah(m): 6:51am On Apr 02, 2020
SweetCunt97:
I tell you oo.

Just as they have made it compulsory to com out wearing the facemask, that how people will be subjected to pass through us or see us if they want to get attention when WE will blow
Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by topstone4: 6:54am On Apr 02, 2020
personal59:
Seriously

Sincerely our government doesn't have any sense whatsoever.

There is nothing on ground to prevent hiking of price when we know Nigerians are mostly worldly and not Godly

For instance nose mask is 3 for #50 before but now it's 1 for #250 without hike in fuel price

When making this kind of decisions they ought to place something upfront to prevent hike in price Or give people free once but no.

All in the name of we are saving you they will still create more problem

It's either you didn't read the post or you have problems with assimilation.

Was it not stated that the face mask will be distributed for free?

And to think you wrote this long post based on shameless ignorance!
Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by OBku4(m): 6:55am On Apr 02, 2020
Ignorance!!
This move is extremely dangerous shocked

Is it that they don't have reputable healthcare advisers in the state??!
Is covid-19 now an airborne virus?

All these facial *surgical masks double the risk of you touching your facial orifices due to the false sense of protection and the discomfort.

if you wanna buy, pls don't buy those surgical masks.

wash ur hands often,
maintain social distancing. if you can't, buy the more expensive masks only (but know that it doubles the risk of you touching your face)

If they enforce this law, covid-19 cases in that state is bound to spike

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by Shelumiel: 6:55am On Apr 02, 2020
Makavelli25:
At least those oyinbo wey dey wear am,e get why
So shut up and obey the gomina
Na ignorance dey worry you. So all those countries wey dey wear face mask dey nor get corona abi? Mumu

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by Shelumiel: 6:56am On Apr 02, 2020
topstone4:

It does
Says who?
Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by personal59: 7:00am On Apr 02, 2020
topstone4:

It's either you didn't read the post or you have problems with assimilation.

Was it not stated that the face mask will be distributed for free?

And to think you wrote this long post based on shameless ignorance!

You don't have to insult me because you have a point to make hummmn

You only display the bad upbringing your parents gave you

Make your point without insult

To help you out

Covid-19 is not an air borne diseases if not everyone would have been positive do you understand? Just maintain your distance

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by OBku4(m): 7:05am On Apr 02, 2020
Lalastica, seun, nairaland mods

Please can you post articles on the dangers of these face *surgical masks and hand gloves?

cos it seems our people are under informed.
Keep up the good work

It's all over the internet.
Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by darlenese(f): 7:07am On Apr 02, 2020
the whites using face mask are still dying
millions are getting effected everyday .

one thing I don't understand about this mask is that , experts keep saying it doesn't protect people from getting the virus but if u are sick or caring for the sick then u can use it.

abeg I confuse jor
Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by topstone4: 7:09am On Apr 02, 2020
personal59:

You don't have to insult me because you have a point to make hummmn

You only display the bad upbringing your parents gave you

Make your point without insult
Making a comment without reading the post is like giving an answer without hearing, reading or understanding the question. Now, that's an obvious sign of dumbness.
Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by Cantonese: 7:09am On Apr 02, 2020
englishmart:
Sho oro niyen? Even in Italy, people still go out without facemasks. I don't like that shiii and I won't ever need it.
Chilling rn in Cuba
Advanced Muntula
Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by topstone4: 7:10am On Apr 02, 2020
Shelumiel:
Says who?

The virus is bigger than the hole in the face mask.
Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by Shelumiel: 7:13am On Apr 02, 2020
topstone4:

The virus is bigger than the hole in the face mask.
Oga, when you're talking be specific. The kind of face mask being referred to is a surgical face mask, and surgical face mask do not protect against corona. The only face mask that gives protection(at least for 2hours) is the N95 mask...or Hazmat suit; not surgical mask.
Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by jamace(m): 7:13am On Apr 02, 2020
BEWARE!

In Spain: over 640,000 #Covid19 testing kits from China dont work

Czech: 150,000 kits from China are defective

Ukraine: 250,000 kits from China are defective

Turkey: 500,000 kits are defective

Netherlands: 600,000 mask from china have been recalled

China proudly killing the world....

Please my fellow Nigerians....
Stay away from all the CoronaVirus kits sent from China government through their agent called Jack Ma... It already arrived MMIA since Monday through Ethiopian airline.. and I heard it was moved to Abuja for distribution... Who knows the fact..
But please don't get close to them in the name of God you serve I beg all of you...
Their mission is to reduce the population of Nigeria and still make money from it.
Those kits from China are the real CoronaVirus.
Thanks...

I love you all.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by godquality: 7:14am On Apr 02, 2020
nony43:
WHO officials on Monday said they still recommend people not to wear face mask, unless they are sick with convid-19, or caring for someone who is sick
was thinking about the usefulness of this mask to healthy people and can't come up with any. And these simple mask won't prevent anything. Don't our govt officials listen to international news and briefings from those that matters like WHO and Robert Koch institute?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by avalontony(m): 7:15am On Apr 02, 2020
grin grin grin grin

At what price biko!!!
Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by ckmayoca: 7:17am On Apr 02, 2020
It prevents the spread to the minimum and reduce the chances of contracting it because it will prevent you from touching your face unknowingly

Shelumiel:
...but face masks don't prevent corona na. undecided
Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by abumeinben(m): 7:17am On Apr 02, 2020
nony43:
WHO officials on Monday said they still recommend people not to wear face mask, unless they are sick with convid-19, or caring for someone who is sick

Bro, better protect yourself. I'm growing suspecting for them.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by OBku4(m): 7:18am On Apr 02, 2020
darlenese:

one thing I don't understand about this mask is that , experts keep saying it doesn't protect people from getting the virus but if u are sick or caring for the sick then u can use it.

abeg I confuse jor

The probs is that using masks automatically doubles the risk of you touching your facial orifices... Ears, eyes, nose, mouth... due to the discomfort.

For doctors taking care of patients, they don't just use the masks, they use facial googles and overalls as well so as not to touch any orifice

Hope this clarifies it

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by Atlanticfire: 7:19am On Apr 02, 2020
darlenese:

abeg I confuse jor

They say you should not use face mask unless you are sick or caring for someone who is sick because the supply of face masks is not enough to get to everyone.

If you force everyone to wear face masks then there will be scarcity of face masks and those who are sick and the nurses and doctors who care for the sick people might no longer have access to the face masks that the require to do their job safely.

All face masks limit the spread COVID 19 because it limit the spread of viral particles form coughs and sneezes, however not all face masks prevent people from getting infected, face masks that prevent people from being infected are not the common surgical masks most people are using, it is the N95 type of face masks that is sealing against the face and filters the air to ensure that viral particles do not pass through

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by Shelumiel: 7:19am On Apr 02, 2020
ckmayoca:
It prevents the spread to the minimum and reduce the chances of contracting it because it will prevent you from touching your face unknowingly

Oga, there is no proof to what you are saying. Even WHO did not recommend this so where are you getting your info from...

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by topstone4: 7:19am On Apr 02, 2020
Shelumiel:
Oga, when you're talking be specific. The kind of face mask being referred to is a surgical face mask, and surgical face mask do not protect against corona. The only face mask that gives protection(at least for 2hours) is the N95 mask...or Hazmat suit; not surgical mask.

ok
Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by fireback: 7:20am On Apr 02, 2020
I've been telling my friends this since. that the only way to stop the spread of this virus is not by restriction of movement but mandatory face masks. whether you have it or not.
Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by evansjeff(m): 7:20am On Apr 02, 2020
nony43:
You should be old enough to know that they want the face mask available for health workers considering the growing shortage world wide.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by personal59: 7:21am On Apr 02, 2020
topstone4:

Making a comment without reading the post is like giving an answer without hearing, reading or understanding the question. Now, that's an obvious sign of dumbness.

Exchanging words with you is a waste of time because it's obvious you lack home training
Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by Abfinest007(m): 7:22am On Apr 02, 2020
i don't know why i love this govt unlike d short governor we have
Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by captainamiedi1: 7:22am On Apr 02, 2020
A face cost between 250 to 400. how do u expect someone you forced to stay at home to afford it? wicked policies from wicked leaders. why not make face mask available at subsidy rate
Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by missimelda01(f): 7:22am On Apr 02, 2020
I sell face mask both in packs and cartons o, for Lagos residents only.. to avoid delivery issues.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I'm Not Passing Urine: Somebody Should Help Me. / Politics Nigeria Warned About iSON Xperiences, Ibadan, In March / "Youths Now Sniff Lizard Faeces” – Psychiatrist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.