Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,601 members, 7,801,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:30 PM

Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State (24961 Views)

Ben Ayade: If You Wear Face Mask, No Need For Social Distancing (Video) / Coronavirus: No Need For Panic Buying, Sanwo-Olu Tells Lagosians / Obuwe Tega, AuchiPoly Student Dies After Complaining Of Movement In Her Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by Shelumiel: 10:39am On Apr 02, 2020
phreakabit:

Says the West....Look at their stats.
S.Korea's health minister in a press briefing said he doesn't know why the West has refused to use masks.
He argued that masks are what has helped them contain the spread of the virus and flattened the curve in Korea.
Sir, WHO recently took an aerosol test to see if Covid-19 could be prevented using surgical mask and the results came out negative. So the best advice on this is to stay at home. Period

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by phreakabit(m): 10:49am On Apr 02, 2020
Shelumiel:
Sir, WHO recently took an aerosol test to see if Covid-19 could be prevented using surgical mask and the results came out negative. So the best advice on this is to stay at home. Period

Yes staying at home is the best option, but what happens when they call of the 14 days lock down and people have to go to work?
Masks and face shields or just glasses have been proven to work against droplets.
I will go with Asians on this one. WHO are just trying to sell vaccines en masse when they are ready.
Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by Nobody: 10:55am On Apr 02, 2020
I think forcing people to wear face masks will increase the spread of the virus than not wearing it. Before u think I'm crazy, hear me out.

1. Face masks don't prevent the spread of the virus unless u are infected or caring for someone who is infected. Social distancing is better.

2. Some people will contract the virus while putting on face masks and they would be thinking they are safe. It has been reported that some masks are already contaminated from factory (no proof though).

3. A lot of people re use their face mask. This is very bad and can be an easy way to contract the virus. One mask is now 250-300, majority cannot afford it. And when they buy one they can use it for a whole week, normally it's supposed to be used once and disposed ones removed. Re using a mask is a very easy way to contract the virus. Also wearing a mask gives u false sense of security, and many don't practice social distancing because they think they are safe wearing a mask. They use their hands to touch the mask a lot of times to either adjust it or to remove it, can be contaminated that way.

Personally I would prefer using a scarf or handkerchief as a mask. At least I can wash them and be sure they are not contaminated from factory.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:58am On Apr 02, 2020
Shelumiel:
...but face masks don't prevent corona na. undecided
The face mask protects your face from a coughing or sneezing person.

It also serves as a barrier if or when you attempt to touch your nose or mouth with your hand.
Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:00am On Apr 02, 2020
nony43:
WHO officials on Monday said they still recommend people not to wear face mask, unless they are sick with convid-19, or caring for someone who is sick
The face mask shields your face.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by Brazzy4real: 11:02am On Apr 02, 2020
China supplies 2 million masks for Africa.
The most suspicious is that the WHO says that Africa must prepare for the worst.
My advice is as follows: Wherever you are (markets, hospitals, etc ...) if they distribute the masks, please do not take them.
These are infected brands.
Save lives.
Share to everyone.
Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by leosahm(m): 11:06am On Apr 02, 2020
instead of including hand sanitizer, he's giving only face mask......

is face mask the cure....... I dy calabar......xhaaaa hm say friday..........

gov. ayade abeg try check dz marian/watt bus drivers dem dy carry overload ooo
Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by Shelumiel: 11:12am On Apr 02, 2020
phreakabit:

Yes staying at home is the best option, but what happens when they call of the 14 days lock down and people have to go to work?
Masks and face shields or just glasses have been proven to work against droplets.
I will go with Asians on this one. WHO are just trying to sell vaccines en masse when they are ready.
Bro, drop the conspiracy theories and get this straight :
WHO gains nothing from all this. And secondly the Asian haven't really contained the spread as through the use of face mask. They only thing that they seem to be doing right is creating awareness within their societies.
Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by OBku4(m): 11:19am On Apr 02, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I’ve done my part. I really shouldn’t have because ultimately educating dunces is not my job. But we’re in dire times and the person an asymptotic person infects when he coughs can be me.

Good day.

EgunMogaji is out.
Ok sir, I see your point. Seems you didn't see my first post on page 2.

Yes, they do give 1st line defence from infected people's body secretions, (*not surgical masks) if you cannot maintain social distancing

*for the benefit of others who read this post, if you can't maintain social distancing, do not buy disposable surgical masks, (why? during the course of usage, our mouth secretions get them wet, and hence they lose their protectiveness; because of diffusion)

buy the more expensive facial mask instead. But also note, that though it gives 1st line protection, it doubles the risk of you infecting urself through face-hand contact

By the way, egunmogaji, you can pass across your points without using derogatory words.
It shows maturity
Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by phreakabit(m): 11:28am On Apr 02, 2020
Shelumiel:
Bro, drop the conspiracy theories and get this straight :
WHO gains nothing from all this. And secondly the Asian haven't really contained the spread as through the use of face mask. They only thing that they seem to be doing right is creating awareness within their societies.

I don't see any conspiracy theories in my post.
I actually see pragmatism and common sense. FYI the USA is about to adopt the mask policy too.
Maybe you can hop on the bandwagon now or wait for WHO to give the go ahead for people to do something that should ordinarily be intuitive.
Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by OBku4(m): 11:29am On Apr 02, 2020
Shelumiel:
You are right bro, surgical masks are really bad. The painful part it that that's what's readily available.
You see what's going on in Italy, disposable surgical mask and gloves usage by the populace was a major catalyst

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by Powersurge: 11:33am On Apr 02, 2020
nony43:
WHO officials on Monday said they still recommend people not to wear face mask, unless they are sick with convid-19, or caring for someone who is sick

The WHO officials that said that are not smart. There are two ways to wear medical masks. The person who has been infected already will wear it with the green side out (normal wearing). Those who are seeking to prevent contact with the virus will wear it other way round (turning the white side out). This is because the material coating is on the white side: preventing from going out or from coming in. It's not foolproof but it's part of the precaution.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by travelland(f): 11:34am On Apr 02, 2020
Makavelli25:
At least those oyinbo wey dey wear am,e get why
So shut up and obey the gomina

Lol how? You don't watch news. America has 210,000 cases and they have been wearing mask. Don't hero worship blindly
Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by Sheminator: 11:47am On Apr 02, 2020
WHO already said face mask does not prevent spread of corona virus..waste of time and resources.
Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by nwanwaoge(m): 11:50am On Apr 02, 2020
Makavelli25:
So the one i bought in iya mulika shop had also be infected abi
You are dumb
If face mask doest has it part that it plays. It wont that be generally accepted
Even people of high calibre wear it
Just go and get yours

We move
low level brains curse easily. No point trying to induce in you... sanity
Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by Chukwurah003: 11:55am On Apr 02, 2020
personal59:
Seriously

Sincerely our government doesn't have any sense whatsoever.

There is nothing on ground to prevent hiking of price when we know Nigerians are mostly worldly and not Godly

For instance nose mask is 3 for #50 before but now it's 1 for #250 without hike in fuel price

When making this kind of decisions they ought to place something upfront to prevent hike in price Or give people free but all na lie. You give people first before making policy not policy with audio giving

All in the name of we are saving you they will still create more problem

Even WHO says don't put on mask unless you have the symptoms or virus or taking care of those with it but our own government policies are overboard and without sense maybe they want to enrich one of their families

You’re only thinking in one direction. Masks will reduce the spread because if everybody uses it, it becomes harder for those who have the virus to transmit it when they sneeze, cough etc. That’s why the Czech Republic has been successful in curtailing the spread of the virus. Everyone there wears masks.
Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by bongolistik(m): 11:57am On Apr 02, 2020
darlenese:
the whites using face mask are still dying
millions are getting effected everyday .

one thing I don't understand about this mask is that , experts keep saying it doesn't protect people from getting the virus but if u are sick or caring for the sick then u can use it.

abeg I confuse jor
Dear, maybe you are not updated with the latest news and info making the round.. Those eexperts are recently reviewing their earlier statements as they are quickly finding out that in Asia were most residents put on face mask that the spread there is on the decline compared to other regions that only but a handful wear face mask.. They have also come to terms that during the sars pandemic too in 2013, that face mask provided about 70% protection from the virus and that COVID-19 spread could also be highly stemmed down through the use of face mask by all and sundry
Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by Iceberg3: 12:17pm On Apr 02, 2020
Chukwurah003:

You’re only thinking in one direction. Masks will reduce the spread because if everybody uses it, it becomes harder for those who have the virus to transmit it when they sneeze, cough etc. That’s why the Czech Republic has been successful in curtailing the spread of the virus. Everyone there wears masks.
Kindly Shut up and let reasonable people do the talking, thank you.
Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by pryme(m): 12:26pm On Apr 02, 2020
OBku4:

No sir, that is not true.

Pls always do your research from reputable health sites WHO etc or reputable News organisations BBC etc

The virus is transmitted via droplets only (body secretions)...which are to heavy to hang in air.

Sorry mate,
WHO got this wrong, i want to leave you with this small excerpt from this article, you can read more here

"He says these are hard questions to answer, and scientists still argue over how much of the transmission of influenza might be airborne. Some
research shows that exhaled gas clouds from people contain a continuum of many droplet sizes and that a "high-momentum cloud" created by a
cough or sneeze might carry droplets long distances.

What's more, one study of hospital rooms of COVID-19 patients found that "swabs taken from the air exhaust outlets tested positive, suggesting
that small virus-laden droplets may be displaced by airflows and deposited on equipment such as vents"

I also got this info from internationally recognized expert in infectious disease epidemiologist Michael Osterholm you can look him up.
Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by nwanwaoge(m): 12:29pm On Apr 02, 2020
Makavelli25:
So the one i bought in iya mulika shop had also be infected abi
You are dumb
If face mask doest has it part that it plays. It wont that be generally accepted
Even people of high calibre wear it
Just go and get yours

We move
because you are this dumb ...I’ll help you a bit....it’s clear to all it’s not airborne ie Covid 19. WHO and many doctors and scientists have come out to say so.

The new mask been sent in from China to various countries have been rejected in some countries like holland since they noticed it has corona virus in them after testing.

Stupid people are usually hard to teach or guide. You are just one.
Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by Makavelli25: 12:33pm On Apr 02, 2020
nwanwaoge:
because you are this dumb ...I’ll help you a bit....it’s clear to all it’s not airborne ie Covid 19. WHO and many doctors and scientists have come out to say so.

The new mask been sent in from China to various countries have been rejected in some countries like holland since they noticed it has corona virus in them after testing.

Stupid people are usually hard to teach or lead. You are just one.

You are a lowlive with a brain the size of a mustard seed
If i continue arguing with you,i will probably get a year ban
Continue wallowing in poverty and abstract foolishness
Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by Makavelli25: 12:34pm On Apr 02, 2020
nwanwaoge:
low level brains curse easily. No point trying to induce in you... sanity
Okay son
Now get away
Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 02, 2020
ictplotter:

What is good, Does face mask stop the virus for spreading?

At least face mask prevents people from inhaling the viruses.

That's how it's done in other countries.

If you're caught outside without face mask in a normal time, you will be arrested and fined.

If you caught outside when it's 7pm, whether with mask or not, you will be arrested and jailed for 2 weeks.
Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by oscarline2002: 2:04pm On Apr 02, 2020
helinues:
grin

Is this another Olimpotic Meristemasis restrictions?
Next year's budget will be titled Budget of COVIDmantic Sanitizerology. The man can always raise dust where there is none. I heard him saying no case of COVID 19 has been recorded in cross River State. One case has been recorded in Ugep.
Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by Successkay12(m): 10:41pm On Apr 02, 2020
How many has he provided for the citizens?

Or, he expects person wey never chop to buy face mask?
Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by treasureossy(f): 2:09am On Apr 03, 2020
Eheh.
Onlyonebuhari:
But they are putting it on wrongly
Re: Coronavirus: No Face Mask, No Movement In Cross River State by Shuggaa: 7:48pm On Apr 10, 2020
AmbassadorIsiny:
We are still moving to the permanent site.

The problem with this seat at home in Cross river is that places like Akamkpa LG will never have NEPA light.
Even at that they will be violating the law of seat @ home by moving from one house to another to collect bill.

NEPA should plz be giving light especially to Akamkpa Cross river so that corpers who have been stucked here will not be violating the law of social distancing in the name of looking for where to charge phone.

Where in akamkpa are you serving?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"Youths Now Sniff Lizard Faeces” – Psychiatrist / Politics Nigeria Warned About iSON Xperiences, Ibadan, In March / Sokoto Discharges All 101 COVID-19 Patients

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.