Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians (46996 Views)

Edwin Clark: Mamman Daura Is Cabal Leader In Aso Rock, Garba Shehu Is Errand Boy / 'Garba Shehu Is A Clown' - Reno Omokri Counters This Garba Shehu's Statement / Reno Omokri : Garba Shehu Is Dishonest, Blame Oriented And Morally Pliable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by googi: 7:32pm On Apr 02, 2020
So these are the children and future Woke Soyinka was tortured and ready to die for?

Wasted sperms and eggs.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by mindtricks: 7:33pm On Apr 02, 2020
Iamgrey5:
So anyone that doesn't support PDP is a paid propaganda machine of APC.

I thought every society respect the role of voice of dissent and civil societies in shaping governance.

It's true that PDP are simply pretending because they are currently in the opposition. You are just as terrible as APC

Don't mind them. It is a crime to speak his mind. Like Soyinka doesn't the liberty to hate Jonathan's failure, a people so shortsighted, quick to forget Jona's lack of performance was a selling point for the present unproductive government. Do they even know Soyinka's history, a man now even too
old to keep trying to do what younger ones should be doing.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by themanderon: 7:34pm On Apr 02, 2020
It's the beginning of the end. No powers will be relinquished. They are moving from this to a new level of wickedness. This crises will be a ploy to further limit people's freedom.
The new world order is coming people. Prepare for the coming world order. It will not be pretty no freedom no civil liberties but a world run by Devils.
People erroneously think this crisis is just a random occurrence but no it was all carefully planned and well executed.
Your last remaining rights will soon be taken away from you.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by WesleyPepper: 7:41pm On Apr 02, 2020
GamalNasser:

Yeah he said if Trump was voted he will tear his green card and this was somebody that voted Buhari ooo
Lol..You were there when he was voting Buhari and how did his personal opinion about Trump mean he convinced Americans to vote against Trump.

How many people even know WS in America .??Smh.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by GamalNasser: 7:45pm On Apr 02, 2020
WesleyPepper:

Lol..You were there when he was voting Buhari and how did his personal opinion about Trump mean he convinced Americans to vote against Trump.

How many people even know WS in America .??Smh.

It wasn't his personal opinion they all did it to create mass hysteria of voters , it was all arranged , Wole Soyinka did his to ramp up African American immigrants to vote against Trump ..We know how these evil people use these so called influencers to create mass hysteria
Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by guy222: 7:48pm On Apr 02, 2020
TIGRITIS:
Oga prof, with due respect sir, you are an authority in your field. Medicine is not your field of study. The situation at hand is not about who is being paid for whatever reason. It is also not about trading of words. It is about the safest approach to save lives. Sir, in this case, a 400 level medical student is of more relevance than you. I'm sure you know it. So, oga prof, leave matter where e dey. If you have any contributions, don't hesitate, but if non, pls shut the fvck up.
true talk
Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by itu404(m): 7:54pm On Apr 02, 2020
The fear of infringing on people rights was what countries like Spain, Italy, Germany Netherlands and france is on lockdown, put into consideration, but when death came calling in their hundreds on daily bases. italy, spain and France had no choice than to put in place lock down. if you are caught like the warri boys you pay a heavy fine for it. Social distancing and lockdowns are known to have help to flatten the curve in this pandemic .let us not be too quick to talk in areas we do not know a thing. This virus is known to grow exponentially and the only way out is to carry out social distancing and lockdowns in a worse case scenario then the result will be that the hospital will not be overwhelmed .
Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by lagdmark(m): 7:56pm On Apr 02, 2020
Grace001:
They can’t sustain their useless government without propaganda. Propaganda is their modules operandi
If you remember that Mr Tinubu was part of the propaganda that brought the most useless government today and the shameless looter is planning to contest for president, God will scatter his plans!
Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by DonMekino(m): 7:59pm On Apr 02, 2020
The tragedy of one Nigeria

By Charles Ogbu

18 April 2017   |   2:52 am

Nigeria Flag

There is absolutely nothing wrong in a man choosing to live in denial of the reality of his situation for a short while. After all, denial is part of the grieving process. The first part, actually.
When I lost my father, the late Emmanuel Nwodo Ogbu Nwa-Chima, not too long ago, too afraid to admit the obvious and too scared to face the world on my own, for days, I lied to myself that my good man wasn’t dead but had somehow disappeared to someplace cool and would re-appear later to attend to his good boy. Sadly, he never did. And here I am. Stronger than he left me.
The biggest tragedy that would befall a man is for him to live in denial for far too long that he has now come to accept his own lies about his ugly situation and swallow them as though they were the gospel truth.
Sadly, this is the tragedy of the situation of Southerners in the Nigerian experiment.Contrary to what many believe, the Southern part of Nigeria IS NOT in a union with the North. They are in slavery and the North is their slave master. It grieves me to admit this but it grieves me even more that its true.
But this is not even the real problem. The real problem here is that most southerners appear either oblivious of the fact that they are in slavery or they’ve come to see their chain as a very beautiful bracelet. There is no task more tedious than rescuing a slave who is unaware of his slave status.
“I freed a thousand slaves. I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves,” says Harriet Tubman.
Southern Nigeria is living in slavery. Let’s hurt ourselves with the truth rather than comfort ourselves with lies. If the truth is bitter, that is more reason we need to hear it.
Here in this country, less than two years ago, a Northern Muslim man from Kano State who goes by the name Yunusa Dahiru (alias Yellow) kidnapped an under-aged Christian girl named Ese Oruru from Bayelsa State. And to prove that a child sent to steal by the father breaks the door with his head, Yunusa took his victim straight to the palace of the Emir of Kano where the girl was brain-washed and forcibly converted to Islam before being repeatedly raped and impregnated by Yunusa. She is nursing the baby even as I write this.
Now, here is the real proof of the slave status of the southerners: The then Police Inspector General was a southern Christian by name Solomon Arase and this police chief had known about this case for over nine months. He equally knew the identity as well as the address of both the victim and the perpetrator and accomplices of this crime but he was too scared of the slave masters to intervene to rescue the innocent girl. On several occasions, the mother of the victim travelled from Bayelsa to Kano in search of her daughter but was assaulted by a Kano mob at the palace of the emir while the police played the spectator. I.G Solomon Arase would later tell the whole world that he could not just walk into the emir’s palace to rescue the kidnapped victim without the blessing of the emir who was in Saudi Arabia for the lesser hajj.
A police chief admitted waiting for the permission of a traditional ruler before rescuing a kidnapped victim hidden in the palace of the traditional ruler with the full knowledge of the said traditional ruler.
How do you think this would have played out if it was a certain Chukwudi that abducted an under-aged Muslim girl from Kano and hid her at the palace of the Obi of Onitsha?  Would the police wait for permission from the Obi before invading his palace? Would our Muslim brothers even wait for the police before killing any southern living and non- living thing around them?
Fulani criminals have murdered thousands of Nigerians and displaced millions. To make it worse, they’ve repeatedly admitted to these killings right in the presence of security agencies. Matter of fact, last year, immediately after they slaughtered over 500 Agatus in Benue State and dozens in Nimbo, Uzo-Uwani, Enugu State, the leader of the marauding Fulanis, one Senator Dagari Alkali led a delegation of the butchers straight to the defence headquarters where they publicly told everyone that, indeed, they were responsible for the killings attributed to them because in his words; “we have been pushed to the wall”
And what was the response of the defence chiefs? They all shook hands, took a group photograph with the ‘special’ visitors with open teeth and the Fulanis majestically walked out of the defence headquarters like the slave masters that they are. And the killing continues.
But just in case, these instances didn’t quite explain the slavery situation well, here are other instances: Last year, an Igbo Christian woman, Mrs. Bridget Agbohime was gruesomely murdered in broad day light in Kano by a group of Muslim youths for what they call blasphemy. We cried. We shouted. We wailed louder than the reggae god, Bob Marley.
To pull a wool over our eyes and shut us up, the sharia government of Kano State – the same state government that has secured death sentence in the state sharia court against number-less persons for the same blasphemy – decided to arrest the killers of Bridget. And it did and even charged them to court. Right there in the court, the state chief prosecutor, Mr.  Dauda Jubril took time to explain to the magistrate how the five accused carried out the crime but the moment the case file got to the state Attorney General, Mr. Haruna Falari, he categorically told the court to discharge and acquit the five accused as according to him, “they had no case to answer”.  And that was the end of the case. Meanwhile, the case of Joe Umunnakwe who named his dog “Buhari” was not left to the government of Ogun State. A police D.I.G was put in charge of the case.
Now think of Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB members in different prisons all over the country while Boko Haram and Fulani terrorists once tagged the deadliest and fourth deadliest terror groups in the whole world, all from the same religion and region as the slave masters, are being gifted with a juicy amnesty offer, released from prison and even protected with a special army task force on top your tax and oil money.
Now, think of Ile-Ife where despite the fact that Hausa/Fulanis drew the first blood and even paraded the severed head of the victim, according to report, the arrests by the Hausa/Fulani headed security agencies have been lopsided against the Ife indigenes and have seen even a Yoruba monarch arrested and paraded alongside other Yorubas like common criminals simply for defending their ancient city of Ile-Ife.
The Interior Minister, Abdulrahaman Dambazzau, has never visited any venue of the Fulani attacks in the past. But he quickly visited Ile-Ife and suddenly, the badly compromised security forces that have never arrested and prosecuted the Fulani terrorists killing and maiming innocent people have suddenly become more efficient than Jack Bauer. They want us to think that the killings were done by the Yorubas alone while the Hausa settlers folded their arms all through.

The most shameful aspect of this whole tragedy is that while this rape is being perpetrated against southerners, southern elites are still busy mortgaging the future of their unborn generation to these same Northern slave masters for crumbs while their well educated but fundamentally stupid youth are busy in some Igbo-Yoruba-Niger Delta cat and mouse fight. Talk of misplaced anger!
If you criticise the lopsided arrest in Ife killing, chances are the first person that will attack you will be a southerner.  Condemn the continued detention of Nnamdi Kanu and trust me, you will be attacked not by northerners but southerners first.
Such is the degree of the willingness of southerners to continue defending their slave masters. But, while it is important that we acknowledge our slave status at the hands of a few northern oligarchs and work towards our freedom, it is more important if not most important that we do not fail to remember the faces of our southern parents who deliberately marched us into this slavery out of sheer greed.
Ogbu, a social analyst, writes from Port Harcourt.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by SaintLucia: 8:04pm On Apr 02, 2020
eni4real:
You don't value Education!!!
Mumu check your dictionary and get the real definition of education. Most of u that have been brainwashed think say na only person wey go school be educated person. Your prof fumble same way he promised to tear his passport if Trump win. Has he tear the passport? Go and find out the conceptual definition of education from your dictionary if u have one.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by guy222: 8:06pm On Apr 02, 2020
Kwanza:

http://saharareporters.com/2020/04/02/garba-shehu-paid-propagandist-hired-distract-nigerians-complex-issues-health-%E2%80%94soyinka
prof just shut the bleep off, you think controlling a pendamic is same as writting a play? Or you think you know better than the entire word leaders that are shuting down places as a result of advice from doctors around the world. People are dying and you are here spewing rubish, you have being making noise for days now yet you fail to give the government a single altanative, in ghana, south africa, ivory, sudan, cameroon, russia, spain, uk, italy, usa, saudi infact all over the world, it was their president or prime minister that declear a total lockdown yet no single person has come out to challenge their government. You open your big mouth to say we are not at war, if this is not war then what is it? you think you know better idiot cultist
Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by kafeii123: 8:22pm On Apr 02, 2020
TIGRITIS:
Oga prof, with due respect sir, you are an authority in your field. Medicine is not your field of study. The situation at hand is not about who is being paid for whatever reason. It is also not about trading of words. It is about the safest approach to save lives. Sir, in this case, a 400 level medical student is of more relevance than you. I'm sure you know it. So, oga prof, leave matter where e dey. If you have any contributions, don't hesitate, but if non, pls shut the fvck up.

Kindly read the article in full, I'm sure you will edit this comment after doing so. Soyinka did not proffer a solution to our health challenge. He only aired his fears that the same way General Muhahhamdu Buhari exploited the extant laws to make himself the Minister of Petroleum in his first term, and granted the EFCC, DSS, SARS and other law enforcing agencies powers to treat dissidents /perceived enemies in such inhumane manner as we all witnessed under the guise of corruption.

That now that he successfully accrued to himself the right to order a shutdown of all economic activities in a state of the federation. Whether such power(s) will be relinquished easily after this whole pandemic dies out.

Not just Buhari alone but also other leaders who did the same. Because if not repealed or a binding clause (stating specifically the case of a pandemic/other justifying conditions in which such a power can be exercised) inserted, One fool may just wake up anytime and misuse the same power, and it may be difficult to resist such occurrence.

And how is Prof. Soyinka, who has been at the forefront of fighting against tyranny, perhaps before you knew what humans call pencil, paper or chalk. How is he out of his depths with such statement?

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by kafeii123: 8:25pm On Apr 02, 2020
GamalNasser:
Soyinka you were part of those that deceived Nigerians to vote in this failed govt and you also tried to convince Americans not to Vote in Donald Trump but you failed

Being an artist, He will most likely be a democrat by default. That will definitely colour his lens on Trumps presidency. Republicans promote industry while the arts mostly flourish under Democrats. That being the case, one must still blame him for not recognising that bias in himself. Because truth must be told even if at a direct cost to self.

But on supporting our presidentcovik's 's first term in office. Hindsight they say is 2020. One will think the saviour had come with the propaganda of that time.

I was not deceived though, I never expected the acclaimed best berber of 1988 to perform better than a fifth year trainee in barbing, I hope you understand me. somethings only come by exposure and frontline[b] current [/b]experience. I pray God grants our current president and his team the strength to act in our best interest more henceforth. They all must have now realised that if this country goes down, even their hidden monies wont save them or their relatives.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by israelmao(m): 8:30pm On Apr 02, 2020
Deadly knockout!"..paid errand voices.."

Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by 0m0nnakoda: 8:43pm On Apr 02, 2020
kafeii123:

Kindly read the article in full, I'm sure you will edit this comment after doing so. Soyinka did not proffer a solution to our health challenge. He only aired his fears that the same way General Muhahhamdu Buhari exploited the extant laws to make himself the Minister of Petroleum in his first term, and granted the EFCC, DSS, SARS and other law enforcing agencies powers to treat dissidents /perceived enemies in such inhumane manner as we all witnessed under the guise of corruption.

That now that he successfully accrued to himself the right to order a shutdown of all economic activities in a state of the federation. Whether such power(s) will be relinquished easily after this whole pandemic dies out.

Not just Buhari alone but also other leaders who did the same. Because if not repealed or a binding clause (stating specifically the case of a pandemic/other justifying conditions in which such a power can be exercised) inserted, One fool may just wake up anytime and misuse the same power, and it may be difficult to resist such occurrence.

And how is Prof. Soyinka, who has been at the forefront of fighting against tyranny, perhaps before you knew what humans call pencil, paper or chalk. How is he out of his depths with such statement?

There is something else he said

He said he hopes we are not laying a POLITICAL VIRUS for the future

Once something happens once it becomes the norm

Obasanjo stopped Lagos LGA allocation
Impeached Alamiesiegha and Fayose
The courts later declared Fayose's impeachment ILLEGAL
Jonathan sacked Sanusi for being outspoken and the CBN has lost its independence
Now we see Emefiele bowing to Funtua and Dambazzau

Such powers can be use to create RUGAs,take peoples houses,money or wives or any thing else in the future citing a doctrine of necessity
At the same time he can stop the courts from sitting to scrutinise his actions

No power should be absolute or unquestionable?

The road to hell is often paved with good intentions.
The end does not always justify the means.

What Buhari has done is to legislate.

My question is if he has the power to shut down Lagos for 14 days does he not have the power to shut it down for 14 months?
We have provision for states of emergency that involves the National Assembly. Buhari has not engaged them and is clearly contemptuous of that body

DEMOCRACY MEANS DEBATE,IT MEANS ACCOUNTABILITY IT MEANS GOVERNMENT BY THE PEOPLE

The people means citizens and the press.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by oji2013(m): 8:45pm On Apr 02, 2020
prof. don use grammar finish shehu garba. femi Adeshina over to you now.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by Seventy7kings: 8:48pm On Apr 02, 2020
Iamgrey5:
So anyone that doesn't support PDP is a paid propaganda machine of APC.

I thought every society respect the role of voice of dissent and civil societies in shaping governance.

It's true that PDP are simply pretending because they are currently in the opposition. You are just as terrible as APC
what a perfect response.

cc: Racoon

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by Seventy7kings: 8:50pm On Apr 02, 2020
kafeii123:

Being an artist, He will most likely be a democrat by default. That will definitely colour his lens on Trumps presidency. Republicans promote industry while the arts mostly flourish under Democrats. That being the case, one must still blame him for not recognising that bias in himself. Because truth must be told even if at a direct cost to self.

But on supporting our presidentcovik's 's first term in office. Hindsight they say is 2020. One will think the saviour had come with the propaganda of that time.

I was not deceived though, I never expected the acclaimed best berber of 1988 to perform better than a fifth year trainee in barbing, I hope you understand me. somethings only come by exposure and frontline[b] current [/b]experience. I pray God grants our current president and his team the strength to act in our best interest more henceforth. They all must have now realised that if this country goes down, even their hidden monies wont save them or their relatives.
it takes only the wise to understand this. You're wise man
Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by 21million(m): 8:58pm On Apr 02, 2020
Soyinka 1
Shehu 3
Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by Guestlander: 9:14pm On Apr 02, 2020
kafeii123:

Thank God for people like you on this forum. I am beginning to get bored with the level of ignorance of a lot of people here. Perhaps they are too young to know what is really going on.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by Nobody: 9:17pm On Apr 02, 2020
SaintLucia:
Mumu check your dictionary and get the real definition of education. Most of u that have been brainwashed think say na only person wey go school be educated person. Your prof fumble same way he promised to tear his passport if Trump win. Has he tear the passport? Go and find out the conceptual definition of education from your dictionary if u have one.
You are very predictable grin

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by Yakenn(m): 9:28pm On Apr 02, 2020
TIGRITIS:
I guess you don't have respect for your father..
Idiot
Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by bizhop01: 9:29pm On Apr 02, 2020
Soyinka is a virus, he brainwashed yorubas to vote stupid president in 2015,

I can't forgive him, because he also one of those that reduced Nigeria to zero indirectly.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by kbbanj10(m): 9:33pm On Apr 02, 2020
Dear Prof. u got it wrong this time. Issues at hand transcends any criticism from d govt as it stands now. Health issues are serious issues that must not be treated with levity any policy to quench the spread of the pandemic is so much important
Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by ojialo(m): 9:39pm On Apr 02, 2020
Lavisha:
garba is a woefully bantering troglodyte and a preposterous acidly acrimonious abomination of humanity
chimooo
Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by SaintLucia: 9:40pm On Apr 02, 2020
eni4real:
You are very predictable grin
Cos I predicted the ignorance in u and your fiction writer.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by HMarshal(m): 9:41pm On Apr 02, 2020
Kwanza:

http://saharareporters.com/2020/04/02/garba-shehu-paid-propagandist-hired-distract-nigerians-complex-issues-health-%E2%80%94soyinka

In the end,uneasy lies the head that wears the crown.wateva he does will be judged.some learnerd ones can become nuisances (pray not to av em in ur landlord association meetings).& Set backs to common progressions .

I support only good deeds & governance irrespective of party (seyi makinde on my priority but)but Wat does he mean by dictatorial tendencies?is the president not a law maker in a way? Anyways ppl will always talk.seeking some kind of relevance for wateva sake
Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by jolyment: 9:44pm On Apr 02, 2020
TIGRITIS:

Soyinka wasn't against the advice by medical experts. He only said leaders are now dictatorial .
Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by HMarshal(m): 9:47pm On Apr 02, 2020
Kwanza:

I think I prefer the "paid -propangandist" lash.he said you (prof) can write a fiction if the pandemic after it's over.lwkmd

So ppl just give destructive criticism,just so their voice will be in the midst .wat has your efforts been to assist ppl who can't buy food in ur neighborhood talkless of the world @large apart from big-grammar-laced criticism.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by adenigga(m): 9:53pm On Apr 02, 2020
Righteousness89:
Hahahaha ...

Pa Soyinka has Grammatically Discombobulated Comrade Garba Shehu!

This Man don't kill me with laughter o!
I never eat since morning o!!
You are too much!!!!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by CoolAmbience(m): 11:14pm On Apr 02, 2020
TIGRITIS:

Arrant nonsense!

A 400 level Medical student is more relevant to Soyinka on the matter of health? What's that?

Is Soyinka talking about the treatment of the Corona virus or admonishing the leadership to try to strike a balance between the exercise of their powers in the handling of the pandemic viz prioritizing the welfare of the masses.

Sometimes, I wonder the level of foolishness we display in Nigeria. Soyinka has now become someone who will talk and persons who can't make simple correct sentences in English language would publicly criticise and malign him. It is indeed a shame.

You dare compare Soyinka with a medical school undergraduate who relies on google to make prescriptions for ailments? I will tell you why Soyinka is, by far, better than even a medical doctor or a CMD with decades of practice.

For instance, the governor of Delta state is a medical doctor right? Why is the state on lockdown with security operatives humiliating, harassing, assaulting and extorting money from people? Is the governor not a medical doctor? Is there a single case of Corona virus in the state? Why weren't the state's borders manned and equipped with testing facilities and perhaps makeshift centers to hold incoming visitors for 2 - 3 days before letting them in?

This isn't about having a medical background. It is about intelligence and rationality. I am a supporter of this administration, however, I think Soyinka is in order in his submission.

The governors obviously want their share of the Covid-19 fund, as more and more donations pour in from within and outside the country.

Fuel stations, banks, markets are operational yet people can't freely board vehicles, even in ones and twos, to these distant places. What is medical about this? What is there that anyone can't understand, let alone an emeritus professor of global reckoning? How many of these states have paid workers salaries for the month of March while clamouring a stay at home or lockdown? What about artisans and the informal sector? Who caters for the daily needs?

Abeg, you guys should stop this nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians by Nobody: 11:15pm On Apr 02, 2020
SaintLucia:
Cos I predicted the ignorance in u and your fiction writer.
You are predictable again!!!
Too shallow!!!

I'm glad Nobel Prize is not awarded by shallow minded peeps like you!! grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerians React To Binani’s ‘Void’ Declaration / Wike Orders Task Force To Destroy 500 Impounded Commercial Motorcycles / "Ibrahim Danmaziri Murtala Hired Thugs To Attack A Blogger" - Facebook User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.