Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,269 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

COVID-19: We Regret Begging Elon Musk For Ventilators - FG - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19: We Regret Begging Elon Musk For Ventilators - FG (82502 Views)

We Regret Voting Tinubu – Northern Elders / LP: We Regret Making Peter Obi Our Presidential Candidate – Apapa-faction / Coronavirus: Ministry Of Finance Begs For Ventilators On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: We Regret Begging Elon Musk For Ventilators - FG by Wettoid123: 9:48pm On Apr 02, 2020
So democratic listening government!
Re: COVID-19: We Regret Begging Elon Musk For Ventilators - FG by Ameboperoo(m): 9:59pm On Apr 02, 2020
omowolewa:
Official handle means official statement. People should learn how to take responsibility.

Message of that caliber is definitely from high officer, silence would have been golden.
Very true. Now they have tried to cover up incompetence with a greater incompetence.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: We Regret Begging Elon Musk For Ventilators - FG by Ladycewhy(f): 10:31pm On Apr 02, 2020
eni4real:
You have started again undecided
I dey hungry jor , embarassed.
Re: COVID-19: We Regret Begging Elon Musk For Ventilators - FG by Ladycewhy(f): 10:35pm On Apr 02, 2020
WildChild00:

I dey tell you grin grin
grin grin
Re: COVID-19: We Regret Begging Elon Musk For Ventilators - FG by idealogical: 10:39pm On Apr 02, 2020
joyfullyjoyous:
Begging is better than stealing. No need to regret. Arrogance won't help us in this Corona era.

I really don't know what they are regretting. Other countries are begging for the same thing, even advanced countries so why is poor Nigeria making yanga? Are we better than America, Spain and others.

Poor people looking at death but still forming.

This government need to develop some back bone and stop letting these hateful elements bully them, they actually did nothing wrong.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: We Regret Begging Elon Musk For Ventilators - FG by IJEYdiamond(f): 11:19pm On Apr 02, 2020
Chapii:
Push & Start Government.
This is what happens when there is no leadership.
Buhari's only achievement is to appear once in a while and prove to us that he is still alive then disappears again. _ Farooq Kperogi.

Chaii.... oo oo!!

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: We Regret Begging Elon Musk For Ventilators - FG by GRACEGLORY: 11:22pm On Apr 02, 2020
Nigeria need 10,000 ventilators, already acquired 169 ventilators that are distributed to some states, and each cost about #10M-#19M, and there’re shortages around the world. So, they reached out to a billionaire who’s got some to ship out. If you asked me, I’d tell you this country Nigeria cares for her own.

All ya’ll do is crucify your motherland like Lidocaine

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: We Regret Begging Elon Musk For Ventilators - FG by safetyboot: 11:27pm On Apr 02, 2020
iammo:

the whole of Ibo land has just 4 ventilators and you have 40 million people, in case of emergency ventilators can not service more than one patient with collapsed lungs, the whole 4 is located in Ebonyi , so do you think the 4 ebonyi Ibos that would have access to the ventilators would be una laughing wailers and ordinary citizens abi?

This is because we are immune to corona
Re: COVID-19: We Regret Begging Elon Musk For Ventilators - FG by 1Hover1(m): 11:55pm On Apr 02, 2020
Funny thing is everyone is criticizing the govt for asking for Ventilators. We've finally bullied them into deleting the tweet.
We've forgotten:
1. These ventilators are highly scarce, every country is searching to increase their stock.
2. Elon Musk made the offer first, saying simply, if you want it, ask me... I see nothing wrong with Min. Of Fin asking officially.
3. Nigeria wasn't the only country asking to be included in the free ventilators distribution. You have Ukraine, you have Spain, you have Chile, you have European countries asking too.
I have attached a screenshot of the days tweet on Elon Musk's page and also a link to his tweet.

Funny thing is that the same Nigerians trashing the govt for asking, are themselves asking Elon Musk to give to them to distribute in Nigeria �
Nigeria isn't perfect, and we have serious FLAWS BUT! Not everything is CRITICISM.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1245009716935188481?s=08

Re: COVID-19: We Regret Begging Elon Musk For Ventilators - FG by 1Hover1(m): 12:04am On Apr 03, 2020
I'll ask you this... Even with all the billion billion DOLLARS, US still can't get enough ventilators. That should tell you something that "TO HELL WITH YOUR MONEY" This equipment is scarce, period. It's hardly available, countries are squabbling to get any ventilator they can lay their hands upon... It's not about Money.

bjnice:

What happened to the 25 Billions naira FG approved recently? Has it be utilized to the letter? Afterall, several billions of naira has roll in front corporate coys and private individuals. Are you aware that 100 ventilators @ $25,000 cost just 2.5 Millions dollars less than 1Billion. That is just one individual contribution towards the fight against Covid-19, so on what basis are will subjecting ourselves to a begging nation's when we are yet to account for the money contribute and approved which runs into billions of naira. This is highly unfortunate, the terrible part of it no one will be punished for this gross misconduct.
Re: COVID-19: We Regret Begging Elon Musk For Ventilators - FG by NoToPile: 12:15am On Apr 03, 2020
Nigerians just like to criticize for criticism sake.

Not everything is politics now

Nigeria needs the ventilators so what was the issue.

They shouldn't have deleted that tweet, there are times to ignore
Re: COVID-19: We Regret Begging Elon Musk For Ventilators - FG by idealogical: 12:54am On Apr 03, 2020
GRACEGLORY:
Nigeria need 10,000 ventilators, already acquired 169 ventilators that are distributed to some states, and each cost about #10M-#19M, and there’re shortages around the world. So, they reached out to a billionaire who’s got some to ship out. If you asked me, I’d tell you this country Nigeria cares for her own.

All ya’ll do is crucify your motherland like Lidocaine

God Bless You.

And if they perished because of lack of ventilators, the same people will cry and wail that their country did not do enough to ave their miserable lives.
Re: COVID-19: We Regret Begging Elon Musk For Ventilators - FG by Emary(f): 1:30am On Apr 03, 2020
Re: COVID-19: We Regret Begging Elon Musk For Ventilators - FG by Nobody: 1:53am On Apr 03, 2020
Someone must own responsibility for that. In other countries someone will lose their job. Who was responsible for the posting.
#Who post am#
Re: COVID-19: We Regret Begging Elon Musk For Ventilators - FG by idealogical: 3:04am On Apr 03, 2020
Obim555:
Someone must own responsibility for that. In other countries someone will lose their job. Who was responsible for the posting.
#Who post am#

Other countries are also openly begging for the same thing so how come they are not losing their jobs?

Why should people lose their jobs for trying to save your life.?

You are not making any sense.

Ingrates.
Re: COVID-19: We Regret Begging Elon Musk For Ventilators - FG by pacehood(m): 4:57am On Apr 03, 2020
what about Bashir Ahmed's own. He speaks for the government too
Re: COVID-19: We Regret Begging Elon Musk For Ventilators - FG by rampantlover: 6:08am On Apr 03, 2020
Giant of Africa by mouth grin grin grin grin grin A country full of people with foolish and empty pride
Re: COVID-19: We Regret Begging Elon Musk For Ventilators - FG by joyfullyjoyous(f): 7:21am On Apr 03, 2020
Dont mind them.Many have brain but few can reason well.
idealogical:

I really don't know what they are regretting. Other countries are begging for the same thing, even advanced countries so why is poor Nigeria making yanga? Are we better than America, Spain and others.

Poor people looking at death but still forming.

This government need to develop some back bone and stop letting these hateful elements bully them, they actually did nothing wrong.
Re: COVID-19: We Regret Begging Elon Musk For Ventilators - FG by Pinkybush: 7:31am On Apr 03, 2020
iammo:
angry

Nigerians wailing idiots would end up killing themselves with too much reaction on twitter

Donald trump made an appeal to the world on donation of Sanitizers and Ventilators he also offer to pay if need be, Spain government and Ukrainian government also begged[/b]

We should beg because Donald Trump begged, Spain and other countries did. When in the mist of this pandemic your rubber stamp lawmakers bought exotic cars worth millions of dollar. How many of them have given support to fight this virus? And you are here spewing trash. So, at your age you haven't come in contact with this thing called 'SENSE', at least for once?
Re: COVID-19: We Regret Begging Elon Musk For Ventilators - FG by roladex(f): 7:45am On Apr 03, 2020
Righteousness89:
Its not Only Regrettable! Its Ridiculous! It's Heavy Mockery!

How does a Government whose lawmakers just acquired the Lastet Toyota Camry at a cost of about $25,000(USD) each be begging?
jesus

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: We Regret Begging Elon Musk For Ventilators - FG by EMMALEX4REAL: 8:07am On Apr 03, 2020
What of d money donated by people i tink its enof to get those things required to tackle dis virus
Re: COVID-19: We Regret Begging Elon Musk For Ventilators - FG by Waterbear(m): 8:47am On Apr 03, 2020
SARS wont see this one abi..
They wont see as they are begging oyibo man 4 things now abi..
Its when common man beg they would arrest him and call him a yahoo boy.
Re: COVID-19: We Regret Begging Elon Musk For Ventilators - FG by iammo(m): 8:59am On Apr 03, 2020
Pinkybush:
We should beg because Donald Trump begged, Spain and other countries did. When in the mist of this pandemic your rubber stamp lawmakers bought exotic cars worth millions of dollar. How many of them have given support to fight this virus? And you are here spewing trash. So, at your age you haven't come in contact with this thing called 'SENSE', at least for once?

honestly sense truly is not common in Nigeria so I rest my case after this.. ventilator cost $50,000 per one and requires months to make, people who have it are no longer willing to sell as everyone is scared they might need it, in Nigeria the fact is we don't have enough.. Elon Musk offered 500, to any country in need, ministry of finance contacted him on his post on twitter next thing foolish youths insulted the ministry and it was taking down, now who is at lost? health minister who can afford one with her status, or Nigerian youth who cant even get 100 km close to one...

I pray should anyone dies due to shortage of ventilators bought the government and those who stopped this donation request suffer the fate of the dying victim
Re: COVID-19: We Regret Begging Elon Musk For Ventilators - FG by iammo(m): 9:10am On Apr 03, 2020
safetyboot:

This is because we are immune to corona

you better be oo,
Re: COVID-19: We Regret Begging Elon Musk For Ventilators - FG by johnad3(m): 9:24am On Apr 03, 2020
Can you imagine that word "beg" haba a whole country begging just one man, the country is in fuckup mess

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: We Regret Begging Elon Musk For Ventilators - FG by iammo(m): 9:51am On Apr 03, 2020
GEEBITE:
You are yet to respond to me if an Imam,Ustaz or a Muslim organisation has made a donation towards this pandemic. At last you must have heard of Adeboye's ,Oyedepo's and the Dunamis pastor donation.Please dont mention Dangote or Rabiu Samad as they are both businessmen.

we don't loud our own donation by calling the press and renting praise singers
Re: COVID-19: We Regret Begging Elon Musk For Ventilators - FG by GEEBITE: 10:52am On Apr 03, 2020
Lol. Just like the pastors were not doing until you hypocrites forced them out against Christ injunction. I have known since 1993 how Oyedepo has been giving scholarships to indigent students of his hometown in kwara state.He has even built a world class university there creating hundreds of direct and thousands of indirect jobs.Or will you say it is the tithe of the poor people of Omu Aran that built the University too? Just tell me what and where your own Imam donated to,at least it won't violate any law as you guys give poor people money and cook for them openly.
iammo:

we don't loud our own donation by calling the press and renting praise singers
Re: COVID-19: We Regret Begging Elon Musk For Ventilators - FG by GEEBITE: 11:18am On Apr 03, 2020
You can get a ventilator for $25k brand new.My spouse works for Medtronics the second largest maker in US.
iammo:

honestly sense truly is not common in Nigeria so I rest my case after this.. ventilator cost $50,000 per one and requires months to make, people who have it are no longer willing to sell as everyone is scared they might need it, in Nigeria the fact is we don't have enough.. Elon Musk offered 500, to any country in need, ministry of finance contacted him on his post on twitter next thing foolish youths insulted the ministry and it was taking down, now who is at lost? health minister who can afford one with her status, or Nigerian youth who cant even get 100 km close to one...

I pray should anyone dies due to shortage of ventilators bought the government and those who stopped this donation request suffer the fate of the dying victim
Re: COVID-19: We Regret Begging Elon Musk For Ventilators - FG by ussv: 3:20pm On Apr 03, 2020
That was a big error, you should have begged for money .No nation would give you ventilators now, it is a global crisis and every nation is fighting their own battles right now. They would rather give you money and relief materials. No nation is completely out of it and they would rather keep their caches of ventilators for the continous rainy days of COVID-19
Re: COVID-19: We Regret Begging Elon Musk For Ventilators - FG by biafraisdead(m): 2:05am On Apr 15, 2020
WildChild00:

This Buhari govt na scam oooo
But he is better than your good for nothing and miserable thing of a father.
Re: COVID-19: We Regret Begging Elon Musk For Ventilators - FG by biafraisdead(m): 2:06am On Apr 15, 2020
WildChild00:

Na wa, no piilative measures from federal government, Nigeria shocked shuuu all countries are helping their citizens ooo
Illiterate that can't spell simple words correctly, 'palliative' and not 'piilative' piilative kill you dia.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Eugene Anenih Slumps And Dies Of Heart Attack (Photo) / Army Invades Nnamdi Kanu's House In Umuahia Again With Armoured Tankers (Video) / Fact-Check: Did Two Persons Fly Out Of Crashed Aircraft Conveying Attahiru?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.