|Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,964,613 members, 7,194,134 topics. Date: Wednesday, 30 November 2022 at 04:04 PM
|Tips To Successfully Run Your Real Estate Business During The Covid-19 Pandemic. by sternakin(m): 5:23pm On Apr 02, 2020|
TIPS TO SUCCESSFULLY RUN YOUR REAL ESTATE BUSINESS DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC.
It's no longer news that COVID-19, otherwise known as coronavirus, has made an unexpected and immediate impacts on the world. Businesses large and small, no matter the industry, are transforming, many sending employees home to practice social distancing.
This is no different for real estate companies, as the government in efforts to promote social distancing and other preventative measures to curb wild spread of the virus announced cancellation of large gatherings and events, limiting open houses and showings, and establishing remote working policies to help close offices.
As a result, for real estate agents, open houses, home walk-throughs and meetings with clients have been impacted immensely. In times like these, with most people at home, social media will be a main platform for any type of communication. Staying connected to your clients, future homebuyers.
Although no one anticipated a pandemic of this nature at this period, but we at A2 REALMART OPTIONS have been strong advocates of leveraging on technology for best real estate practises through our past organized trainings and seminars and during this trying period, those that have attended our past trainings/seminars are making the best use of the techniques learnt at those seminars to get positive desired results.
Be that as it may, we are pleased to proffer here some tips for brokers/agents on how to still stay connected with clients, prospects, generate leads during this stay at home/lockdown and even thereafter.
1. Provide Virtual Tours while still maintaining social distancing or stay at home order. Many home inspection or viewing have being canceled; however, that doesn’t mean you still can’t provide potential buyers with a similar experience digitally.
For your available listings (of course, with permission from the seller), utilize your phone or camera to record detailed walk-throughs video of the property. If you're capable, edit the videos and post alongside your listings and share across all of your social media accounts or send on request by a serious prospect. This remind me of our lately organised seminar on "Use of drone in real estate practise".
2. Hold virtual meeting(s) with prospects, members of staff etc.
While many companies are already using the video conferencing App Zoom for business meetings, interviews, and other purposes, individuals who are facing long days without contact with friends and family are moving to Zoom for face-to-face and group get-togethers.
This is a quick guide for those who haven’t tried Zoom yet. To get started, download the app on your Android phone, IOS phone or laptop. The next thing to do of course is to register for the service. You can do this either from your laptop or from your mobile phone depending on the device you downloaded the app.
1. Lets cover the web service first.
* Go to Zoom’s sign up page. You’ll be presented with a few options for creating an account. At the top, you can enter your email in the box labeled “Your work email address.” If you do this, move on to step two. Even though Zoom asks for a work email, a personal email should work fine, but you should be aware that there have been reports of Zoom leaking some email addresses and user photos via Zoom’s Contact Directory because the app can think people with certain email domains work for the same company. However, Zoom blacklists some popular email domains like gmail.com and yahoo.com from automatically appearing in that directory.You can also create an account by clicking the “Sign in with Google” or “Sign in with Facebook” buttons, after which you just download the Zoom desktop app and move on to step seven.
* If you entered an email, Zoom will send an activation email to that address. Click the “Activate Account” button in the email or copy and paste the activation URL into your browser to activate your account.
* On the page that opens up in your web browser, fill in your first and last name and a password.
* On the next page, you can invite other people to create a free Zoom account via email. You can skip this step if you want.
* Next, you’ll be given a link to your personal meeting URL and will have the option to click an orange “Start Meeting Now” button to start a test meeting. If you copy that URL into your browser or click that orange button, you should be prompted to download the Zoom desktop app.
* Follow the prompts to install the app.After you’ve installed the Zoom app, you’ll see buttons to “Join a Meeting” or “Sign In.”
* To start your test meeting, click “Sign In.”On the next screen, enter the email and password you just used to sign up for Zoom in your browser. If you registered using the “Sign in with Google” or “Sign in with Facebook” buttons, click those buttons and follow the prompts.
* Once you’re logged in, make sure you’re on the “Home” tab, and then click the orange “New Meeting” button in the Zoom app. Your meeting will start.
If you sign up for Zoom using the mobile app, the process is similar to how it is on the web.
2. Zoom on Android or iOS.
* Download the iOS or Android app. When you open the app for the first time, you’ll be presented with the options to join a meeting, sign up for Zoom, or sign in to a Zoom account.
* Tap “Sign Up.”On the next screen, you’ll be asked to enter your email address, your first and last name, and to check a box to agree to Zoom’s terms of service.
* After you do, tap “Sign Up” and you’ll be sent an activation email.
* Tap the “Activate Account” button in the email you receive, or copy and paste the activation URL into your mobile browser. From there, you’ll be asked to complete the same steps outlined above to make an account, just from your mobile browser.
* Once you get to the screen that has your personal Zoom meeting URL and orange “Start Meeting Now” button, tap either and you’ll be taken directly to a waiting room for your test meeting in the Zoom app.
* To open the meeting, tap the “Sign In” button at the bottom of the screen. On the next screen, enter your login information and tap the “Sign In” button.Your test meeting will open up in the app.
3. How to invite people to your Zoom meeting
Once you have an account, you can invite people to a Zoom meeting a few different ways.
If you’re using the desktop or mobile apps, click or tap on the Meetings tab. From there:
On the desktop app, if you click the “Copy Invitation” button on the screen, a message with your Zoom meeting’s URL, ID, and phone dial-in information will be copied to your clipboard that you can drop in an email or a text message.
On the mobile app, when you tap the “Send Invitation” button, you’ll be presented with three options: “Send Message,” which will let you text your meeting URL to someone; “Send Email,” which will open up an email with your meeting’s information; or “Copy to Clipboard,” which will copy your Zoom meeting’s URL and meeting ID to your phone’s clipboard.
You can also invite people to your meeting while you’re already in it:
On the desktop app, on the toolbar that shows up when you move your mouse in the meeting window, click the “Invite” button. When you do, Zoom will open a window where you can invite your Zoom contacts, send an email with information on how to access your Zoom meeting, copy your meeting URL to your clipboard, or copy a longer message with your meeting URL and dial-in information to your clipboard.On the mobile app, tap “Participants” on the bottom row of icons and then tap the “Invite” button on the bottom of the next screen. When you do, you’ll be able to send an email invite, send a text message invite, invite your Zoom contacts, or copy the meeting URL to your phone’s clipboard.
Though COVID-19 has created challenges for many industries and businesses, it hasn’t taken away the ability to adapt. Implementing these strategies can help your real estate business stay relevant, informative and successful. By making these pertinent changes now, you can ensure your success in the future.
In conclusion, if you find this article informative and would love to read more useful information on real estate, land matters, you may join our Facebook group tagged "Principles and Practices of Real Estate Investing". The aim of this group is to provide members with free advisory service on real estate investing /land matters, proffer solutions to challenges faced by real estate investors, chunk out useful information about processes of buying properties without having issues, land documentation and to introduce profitable real investment opportunities pportunities. Should you wish to join the group, click on the below link https://www.facebook.com/groups/963016777388030/
Or click here to like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/A2RealmartOptions/?referrer=whatsapp
Thank you and stay safe...
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105