Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,347 members, 7,808,213 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:50 AM

TECNO Camon 15 Premier Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos) - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / TECNO Camon 15 Premier Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos) (54495 Views)

TECNO Camon 16 Premier Unboxing & Quick Review: Should You Upgrade? / Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) / Infinix Note 7 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TECNO Camon 15 Premier Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos) by michealdeco: 1:17pm On Apr 03, 2020
fergieboy:
to be frank with you the camera of tecno pouvoirs 3plus beat the one of redmi note 8 hands down

you're sick bro

Very sick

7 Likes

Re: TECNO Camon 15 Premier Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos) by Willress(m): 1:18pm On Apr 03, 2020
seunmohmoh:
You go dey alright.

Lol
Re: TECNO Camon 15 Premier Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos) by ityP(m): 1:19pm On Apr 03, 2020
Opperwezen:

Sorry if I sounded condescending.

You need to realize that no company would put false information on any of its product without expecting a lawsuit slammed on its "arse".
Ever tried putting a 128gb memory card into a phone that clearly has its limits at 64gb? A 64mp or 48mp camera module would work on the helio processor albeit suboptimally, all this is countered by a process called "pixel binning". Please read up on it.

I agree. Same way the Redmi Note 7 came with 48mp even though SD 660 doesn't really support 48mp

1 Like

Re: TECNO Camon 15 Premier Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos) by kingxsamz(m): 1:19pm On Apr 03, 2020
fergieboy:
to be frank with you the camera of tecno pouvoirs 3plus beat the one of redmi note 8 hands down

Damn bro, you're on some good weed. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: TECNO Camon 15 Premier Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos) by olaridwan(m): 1:21pm On Apr 03, 2020
No gorilla glass, not snapdragon processor... Tech no
Re: TECNO Camon 15 Premier Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos) by Nobody: 1:29pm On Apr 03, 2020
odinga1of:
Dear all, please use the same money for this phone to buy Xiaomi or Hauwei

Who buys Hauwei these days?
Re: TECNO Camon 15 Premier Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos) by Nobody: 1:29pm On Apr 03, 2020
It's OK but I'll stick to Huawei products. Done with Tecno.

Re: TECNO Camon 15 Premier Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos) by MartinsD12(m): 1:29pm On Apr 03, 2020
ityP:

Aswear. Anybody wey carry 95k buy this nonsense, when u can get a Samsung or iPhone for that price, na thunder go fire you. Bleep your preference
Let's say no to tecno nonsense
Re: TECNO Camon 15 Premier Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos) by Jefferyhi86(m): 1:29pm On Apr 03, 2020
I swear xiaomi note 8pro is way cheaper n give a one good value for money
sunshineV:
carry your money buy xiaomi note 8 pro jeje cus with this shit u still can't play pubg in high settings.

Henry007 what's your verdict? To buy or lookaway
Re: TECNO Camon 15 Premier Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos) by ityP(m): 1:32pm On Apr 03, 2020
MartinsD12:

Let's say no to tecno nonsense

Lol. As in eh
Re: TECNO Camon 15 Premier Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos) by mangojuice(m): 1:32pm On Apr 03, 2020
Uchesis:
The funny thing is,
despite the way people hail and praise xiaomi redmi fones, u will hardly see any one using them when u walk around. The fact still remains that majority of Nigerias still buy and use tecno/infinix fones. I've only met 3 people that use a xiaomi fone. I myself used the redmi note 3 last year though it was stolen in a bus. Before it got lost i was having issues with the earpiece jack. To me i believe if u sabi use fone, u can use any fone and it will serve u well. Peace out. #staysafe
That xiaomi is still trash. Had a redmi note 7 that lasted for just a month.
Re: TECNO Camon 15 Premier Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos) by ityP(m): 1:33pm On Apr 03, 2020
Meninmen:

Who buys Hauwei these days?

As in eh. Except na Huawei flagships, their budget devices no be am. Better Xiaomi

1 Like

Re: TECNO Camon 15 Premier Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos) by atheistandproud(m): 1:33pm On Apr 03, 2020
ityP:

I agree. Same way the Redmi Note 7 came with 48mp even though SD 660 doesn't really support 48mp

SD660 does support 48mp

https ://en.
wikichip. org/wiki/qualcomm/snapdragon_600/660

1 Like

Re: TECNO Camon 15 Premier Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos) by ityP(m): 1:34pm On Apr 03, 2020
mangojuice:

That xiaomi is still trash. Had a redmi note 7 that lasted for just a month.

Which phone you dey use now?
Re: TECNO Camon 15 Premier Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos) by Nobody: 1:35pm On Apr 03, 2020
ityP:

As in eh. Except na Huawei flagships, their budget devices no be am. Better Xiaomi

Apart from that sef, because of the US sanctions, some things (especially goggle products like playstore, Google map, etc) are missing in their newer phones

1 Like

Re: TECNO Camon 15 Premier Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos) by eki2000(m): 1:35pm On Apr 03, 2020
Tecno does not have a good marketing manager. Because Galaxy A50 is 87,500k, Huawei Y9s is 98k, Nokia 7.2 is 102k, the new galaxy A51 is 103k, Oppo A9 2020 is 82k, so come on, who the hell is gonna buy a transsion product at that price.

3 Likes

Re: TECNO Camon 15 Premier Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos) by ityP(m): 1:36pm On Apr 03, 2020
atheistandproud:

SD660 does support 48mp

https ://en.
wikichip. org/wiki/qualcomm/snapdragon_600/660

Single camera bro. Seems you came late to the party ooo. It was the talk of the town that year when the Note 7 came out na. Everyone was shouting scam scam too. But pixel binning provided a justification for it

1 Like

Re: TECNO Camon 15 Premier Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos) by ityP(m): 1:37pm On Apr 03, 2020
Meninmen:

Apart from that sef, because of the US sanctions, some things (especially goggle products like playstore, Google map, etc) are missing in their newer phones

True, like the P40 and Mate 30 pro. E go suck
Re: TECNO Camon 15 Premier Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos) by peppermint7(m): 1:38pm On Apr 03, 2020
henry007:
TECNO Camon 15 premier 'Opal White' unboxing and review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHTk5gdI9MI

I explored the 64MP camera, battery, gaming and general performance of TECNO's latest camera-centric smartphone. It is not to be mistaken with the TECNO Camon 15 Pro which only spots a 48MP Camera, which is the only difference in terms of specs. What's new from it's predecessor is the uninterrupted display devoid of notches and punch holes, all thanks to the motorised pop up camera but does the new design, upgraded camera, better processor and FHD+ display make it worth buying if you already own the Camon 12 series?

Price: N95,000

See screenshots from the video below
And an iPhone7 with just one camera of 12 mp and 2gb of ram will come out and confidently smash this phone.
(Spits)
No puns intended tho

1 Like

Re: TECNO Camon 15 Premier Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos) by Nobody: 1:40pm On Apr 03, 2020
ityP:

True, like the P40 and Mate 30 pro. E go suck

I dey tell you
Re: TECNO Camon 15 Premier Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos) by Dabliss02(m): 1:40pm On Apr 03, 2020
Hope is not too expensive sha
Re: TECNO Camon 15 Premier Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos) by AmTruth: 1:40pm On Apr 03, 2020
They want to buy 95k phone now at this perilous time and after they would be shouting give us money.

At this time use the money for the less privileged around, the phone can come later.

Sorry Mr marketing executive I just say make them hold on I no say make them no buy your phone.

God bless Nigeria!!!
Re: TECNO Camon 15 Premier Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos) by Nobody: 1:41pm On Apr 03, 2020
Tonyreal49:
God thank you I bought Samsung A30 at the end of my I.T last year
I hope you have bought land as well?.
Re: TECNO Camon 15 Premier Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos) by Enijesiku(m): 1:42pm On Apr 03, 2020
���
TwoBottles:
Chinko phone @ 95k...... Lol
Re: TECNO Camon 15 Premier Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos) by AmTruth: 1:43pm On Apr 03, 2020
See funny but very very sensible question
OrangeDream:
I hope you have bought land as well?.
Re: TECNO Camon 15 Premier Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos) by Omoejigbahe(m): 1:45pm On Apr 03, 2020
TwoBottles:
Chinko phone @ 95k...... Lol

God forbid, i buy this trash for 30k, not to talk of 95k.
Re: TECNO Camon 15 Premier Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos) by ekwerendi(m): 1:46pm On Apr 03, 2020
Is Techno not in this world.... People are looking for a way to combat convid19, they are here unboxing their product..... Nawaoooooo
Re: TECNO Camon 15 Premier Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos) by Mrviktor(m): 1:47pm On Apr 03, 2020
Karex81:
95000k for mtkp35 device, when we have the likes of redmi note 8 pro, a51, Huawei y9s. Omo see bezels and 720p resolution in 2020?
Transsion holdings should stop producing mediocre product.
Nice review though

Oga which 720p.. 1080p fhd.
And d camera is better Dan dat of the note 8 pro. And a51 and y9s..
That's an imx 686 oh..
Only redmi k30.. K30 pro use dat sensor..
Maybe the mtk chip isn't d fastest but it's worth it for an average user.
Re: TECNO Camon 15 Premier Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos) by atheistandproud(m): 1:48pm On Apr 03, 2020
ityP:

Single camera bro. Seems you came late to the party ooo. It was the talk of the town that year when the Note 7 came out na. Everyone was shouting scam scam too. But pixel binning provided a justification for it

Every one knows that the Samsung GM1 sensor on the RN7 uses a Quad Bayer filter and effectively outputs in 12mp. Note that it also has a 48mp pro mode with the single main shooter.

The sensor on the RN7 is actually a 48mp binned down to 12mp to get a better photo resolution.

Let's agree for example that a 48mp Quad Bayer sensor is used on the Helio P35 which translates to a 12mp, how does that explains the 64mp which translates to 16mp on a 13mp sensor?

1 Like

Re: TECNO Camon 15 Premier Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos) by atheistandproud(m): 1:53pm On Apr 03, 2020
Opperwezen:

Sorry if I sounded condescending.

You need to realize that no company would put false information on any of its product without expecting a lawsuit slammed on its "arse".
Ever tried putting a 128gb memory card into a phone that clearly has its limits at 64gb? A 64mp or 48mp camera module would work on the helio processor albeit suboptimally, all this is countered by a process called "pixel binning". Please read up on it.

To sum it up in one sentence, pixel-binning is a process that sees data from four pixels combined into one. So a camera sensor with tiny 0.9 micron pixels will produce results equivalent to 1.8 micron pixels when taking a pixel-binned shot.

Pixel binning is the combination of smaller pixels into larger pixels to get a better image resolution. If I'll concede that fine, 48mp is a go on the Helio P35's 13+13mp configuration, how do you plan on explaining the 64mp (16mp binned photos)?

Finally going by your own comment, if this camera works suboptimally, won't that be a slap in the face of the customers?

Re: TECNO Camon 15 Premier Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos) by AroFx: 2:00pm On Apr 03, 2020
Still enjoying my redmi note 8
grin grin grin
Re: TECNO Camon 15 Premier Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos) by ityP(m): 2:04pm On Apr 03, 2020
atheistandproud:

Every knows that the Samsung GM1 sensor on the RN7 uses a Quad Bayer filter and effective outputs in 12mp. Note that it also has a 48mp pro mode with the single main shooter.

The sensor on the RN7 is actually a 48mp binned down to 12mp to get a better photo resolution.

Let's agree for example that a 48mp Quad Bayer sensor is used on the Helio P35 which translates to a 12mp, how does that explains the 64mp which translates to 16mp on a 13mp sensor?

Hopefully, someone would throw more light on this. Similar to the Umidigi power that comes with Helio p35 and 16+5MP cam. We go dey wait

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Know Those Who Saved Your Contact On Whatsapp / MTN Wants Whatsapp & Viber Banned In Nigeria, Says Affecting Its Business / Upload A Picture Of Your Homescreen And Let's Guess The Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.