Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,931 members, 7,806,695 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

Coronavirus Lockdown: 5 Care Tips For Your Car - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Coronavirus Lockdown: 5 Care Tips For Your Car (20546 Views)

4 Ways To Stay Healthy At Home During Coronavirus Lockdown / 5 Tips For Keeping Your Car/Vehicle Safe During Coronavirus Lockdown / 10 Significant Car Care Tips For The Rainy Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: 5 Care Tips For Your Car by legalwealth(m): 9:20am On Apr 03, 2020
Tijuana:

Like I stated on your thread, you stole the content from somewhere else and then somebody else did the same to you, so why are you complaining?

Karma is real, so just accept it and move on.

Next time come up with original content so people would take you seriously.

Why did you out of shame didn't reply what I replied you with on the thread? You are just one of those pained, bitter and depressed beings grin.

You didn't see anything to say about the image the OP attached to the post, what did weirdworld do? You didn't see that they even turned the exact content of the image to theirs.

For your information, I promoted the article on facebook and over 47,000 of those living in Lagos and Abuja I targetted saw it and some clicked to my forum.

Search engine robots also brought people to my forum.

legalwealth:

@ OP

You stole this article of mine I wrote on March 29th and removed its SOURCE 》https://autosandcartalk.com/threads/here-are-5-tips-for-keeping-your-car-vehicle-safe-during-coronavirus-lockdown.116/ my forum from it.

I also posted it on nairaland here 》https://www.nairaland.com/5763489/5-tips-keeping-car-vehicle on March 29th while you copied and posted it with your moniker on April 2nd.

Cc
Seun, Marpol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: 5 Care Tips For Your Car by orunmila144: 9:37am On Apr 03, 2020
MY CAR HAS NO HANDBRAKE

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: 5 Care Tips For Your Car by legalwealth(m): 9:39am On Apr 03, 2020
orunmila144:
MY CAR HAS NO HANDBRAKE

grin grin grin
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: 5 Care Tips For Your Car by rolams(m): 9:45am On Apr 03, 2020
Trade Cryptocurrency now!

zb.com your best bet!
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: 5 Care Tips For Your Car by Nobody: 10:09am On Apr 03, 2020
Mydazz:

That got me curious too,.... where I park the car is a little sloppy so what's the alternative to handbrake in a parking situation?
I wonder o
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: 5 Care Tips For Your Car by davit: 10:18am On Apr 03, 2020
Have you asked the reason for this?
Onyenna:
Thanks OP.... Lemme go lower the hand brake....
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: 5 Care Tips For Your Car by StyleAfos(m): 10:35am On Apr 03, 2020
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: 5 Care Tips For Your Car by Onyenna(m): 10:39am On Apr 03, 2020
davit:
Have you asked the reason for this?

Nope.... But my car is parked on a flat surface... So i don't really think there's a need for it.......

Handbrake will be required on a "not too horizontal" surface when parked though .....
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: 5 Care Tips For Your Car by ReloJosh(m): 10:48am On Apr 03, 2020
Good advice...........all these will eliminate any existing germs
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: 5 Care Tips For Your Car by 3kay945(m): 11:16am On Apr 03, 2020
enigmang:
Handbrake is also known as parking brakes. Strange you say we shouldn't use parking breaks when the car is parked.

And honestly if you need to start your car every 3days to prevent the battery from dying.. the car is not in very good condition.

Probably the type that fans run immediately ignition is on.

That shi.t kills battery very fast.

My previous car taught me. grin
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: 5 Care Tips For Your Car by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 03, 2020
femi4:
2-5mins is ok

In the storage state, the brakes can start sticking to the disks
Thanks for the info.
If I got you right, once every 3days I'll have to run the engine for 5minutes to keep the battery from dying.
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: 5 Care Tips For Your Car by endy232: 12:26pm On Apr 03, 2020
Kindly add to the List.
If you own a Toyota corolla, please ensure you park in a safe place. Engage additional security measure, if possible.
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: 5 Care Tips For Your Car by cerpvad(m): 1:24pm On Apr 03, 2020
I will agree with you that it depends on the condition of the car or its battery capacity.
However, most cars owned by Nigerians suffer from faults that range from mechanicals and electricals which the owners may not have awareness of. Even when some owners are aware of those faults, they will still be driving the car around pending the time they will have money to fix them.

But generally, I want us to know that cars are 'use it or lose it' devices. If cars are not driven for a very long time, it affects their optimal performance.
PuZZyNegro:

Before the lock down, I can stay one week without driving my car. Unless that car is never in good condition. Two weeks of not driving the car should never make the battery to run down. If handbrake is engaged where the car is not in a sloppy area, it's as good as not engaging it as such, there's no pressure on the brake
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: 5 Care Tips For Your Car by femi4: 2:18pm On Apr 03, 2020
Matrimonous:

Thanks for the info.
If I got you right, once every 3days I'll have to run the engine for 5minutes to keep the battery from dying.
yes
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: 5 Care Tips For Your Car by petitejolie(f): 2:45pm On Apr 03, 2020
I can drive the car within my street and close streets in proximity and drive alone
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: 5 Care Tips For Your Car by femi4: 4:46pm On Apr 03, 2020
murmee:
What about removing the Negative battery terminal connector or even both Positive and Negative?
Bad Idea
That ll disable the vehicle security
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: 5 Care Tips For Your Car by Deyemz(f): 5:58pm On Apr 03, 2020
Ok
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: 5 Care Tips For Your Car by Legendguru: 6:41pm On Apr 03, 2020
Ok
Re: Coronavirus Lockdown: 5 Care Tips For Your Car by kernniejay(m): 6:03am On Apr 05, 2020
My own contribution:
Do not park vehicle down for too long, two weeks is too long. Make sure you drive it within your neighbourhood to ensure that all turning parts rotate. You can engage the handbrake/park brake when you park if you drive the car at intervals or periodically. But if you want to park for long to be warming the car on that spot, you may not engage handbrake so that it would not stiffen the wheels. Shift automatic gear to P, put manual gear in Neutral. You can use a stone or wood block as chock to prevent car from rolling. If you just want to warm car, make sure you warm it without revving the engine, if you warm it and temperature gauge did not rise till you off the engine then you have not actually warmed the car.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meet Jelani Aliyu, Nigerian Genius Who Designed Chevrolet Volt (Photo) / How Good Is Used Peugeot 407 For A Beginner... / How To Steer Your Car (Images)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.