Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,987 members, 7,799,383 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

COVID-19: Osagie Denies Knowledge Of Abba Kyari's Whereabouts In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19: Osagie Denies Knowledge Of Abba Kyari's Whereabouts In Lagos (241 Views)

Controversy Surrounds Abba Kyari's Whereabouts After Attack On Kuje Prison / COVID-19: Abba Kyari’s Whereabouts In Lagos Is Personal To Him – Tony Momoh / Osagie Ehanire Silent On Question About Abba Kyari’s Whereabouts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19: Osagie Denies Knowledge Of Abba Kyari's Whereabouts In Lagos by nairapark: 11:07pm On Apr 02, 2020
The Minister of Health, Dr Osagie Ehanire, has refused to disclose the location of the President’s Chief of Staff, Abba Kyari, who has been infected by COVID-19.

Kyari had said in a statement on Sunday that he had been infected by the disease and that he would be seeking treatment in Lagos State but would not be using taxpayers’ funds to treat himself.

However, the Commissioner for Health in Lagos State, Prof. Akin Abayomi, had said on Tuesday that he did not know Kyari’s location thereby sparking reports that the President’s aide was not in any isolation centre.

Responding to a question during the Presidential task force briefing in Abuja on Wednesday, the health minister said Kyari’s location was not important, adding that the President’s chief of staff had a right to privacy.

Ehanire said, “I want to repeat that every person, including each of you here, has a right to privacy. Each of you has the right to tell anyone whether you have been screened or whether you have tested negative or positive and that right is also granted to those who are in public office or VIPs.

“Some VIPs have chosen to disclose by themselves; some have authorised that their own result can be announced and I announced mine, the SGF gave me the permission to announce his, the Vice-President also gave us permission.

“For those who didn’t give us the permission, we don’t announce their results and we don’t tell you who is positive or negative and we don’t go into the fact of whether they are in treatment or not because it is not part of what the public needs to know.

“But let me tell you that all those who are screened and found positive, whether VIP or common man, are all in good care and in custody and are being properly taken care of.”

The minister admitted that some VIPs had refused to be screened at the airports before the outbreak of the virus in Nigeria.

He, however, said since the appropriate authorities had been informed there had been cooperation from the VIPs.

https://www.nairapark.com/news/1585817364/covid-osagie-denies-knowledge-abba-kyari-whereabouts

Re: COVID-19: Osagie Denies Knowledge Of Abba Kyari's Whereabouts In Lagos by JAOS(m): 11:12pm On Apr 02, 2020
he is not in the country grin

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Celebrate Oshiomhole As He Turns 68 / How Positive COVID-19 Patients ‘had Escaped Osun Isolation' / Covid-19: Pdp Is Intellectually Lazy - Bmo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.