Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,746 members, 7,806,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

Mechanic Roundtable - Car Talk (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mechanic Roundtable (72454 Views)

Fakuade, Taiwo Ojo, Others To Speak On Ekiti Knowledge Zone At Efa Roundtable / Mechanic Roundtable Talk For Master Brake & ABS / Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by radautoworks: 2:59pm On May 08, 2021
dru23:

Thanks man .. Cartalk cabals banned me for 1 year .. Am back with a vengeance now .. A vengeance to educate the public and save them money by offering quality products.......

Cartalk cabal just put a battery pack on my back .

Am back better than ever and cartalk section saying dru we feeling u man..

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by dru23(m): 3:54pm On May 08, 2021
[quote author=radautoworks post=101493753][/quote]

Cartalk cabal are like dru23 is back again .. What are we going to do ? How are we going to eat .......that is there Oga thinking out loud

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by nonhuman(m): 10:07pm On May 08, 2021
After cleaning my throttle body with carb and choke the it idles as high as 1500rpm and this gets me worried, what should I do to make it normal Toyota Rav4
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Neyohpinpin: 11:32pm On May 08, 2021
good evening
I use a honda accord 2010, the oil life of my car goes down from 100% to 15% in less than 1 month after servicing ..this is the second time I am changing the oil this year. I use 5w20 synthetic oil. No shortage or leakage of oil, the oil still guages at that 15%... Please help me Abeg
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 5:56am On May 09, 2021
nonhuman:
After cleaning my throttle body with carb and choke the it idles as high as 1500rpm and this gets me worried, what should I do to make it normal Toyota Rav4

You have to relearn the Throttle body.

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 6:07am On May 09, 2021
Neyohpinpin:
good evening
I use a honda accord 2010, the oil life of my car goes down from 100% to 15% in less than 1 month after servicing ..this is the second time I am changing the oil this year. I use 5w20 synthetic oil. No shortage or leakage of oil, the oil still guages at that 15%... Please help me Abeg

Hope you reset the trip at every servicing
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Neyohpinpin: 10:26am On May 09, 2021
Yes.... I usually do...please what could be the problem?

Hope you reset the trip at every servicing [/quote]
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 11:53am On May 09, 2021
Neyohpinpin:
Yes.... I usually do...please what could be the problem?

Hope you reset the trip at every servicing

The only explanation is the sensor. But run a scan to know more
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Uduenoch(m): 2:06pm On May 09, 2021
Hello guys ,please I need help,I just replaced the driving shaft in my Corrola 2015,now my car jerks when trying to change from gear one to two
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 5:45pm On May 09, 2021
Uduenoch:
Hello guys ,please I need help,I just replaced the driving shaft in my Corrola 2015,now my car jerks when trying to change from gear one to two

Good day boss, before jumping into conclusion pls run a proper scan
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by nonhuman(m): 6:34am On May 10, 2021
Blackbishop:

You have to relearn the Throttle body.
how do I do that
Note when I engage the gear the RPM goes down to 1000 but on park it climbs to 1500rpm
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 7:10am On May 10, 2021
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by BamBamK: 9:27am On May 10, 2021
dru23:

Thanks man .. Cartalk cabals banned me for 1 year .. Am back with a vengeance now .. A vengeance to educate the public and save them money by offering quality products.......

Cartalk cabal just put a battery pack on my back .

Am back better than ever and cartalk section saying dru we feeling u man..

we await the bolded
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by dru23(m): 11:03am On May 10, 2021
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by BamBamK: 12:28pm On May 10, 2021
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by nonhuman(m): 6:33pm On May 10, 2021
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 7:19pm On May 10, 2021
nonhuman:
I did this but it didn't work

Can you call me when you are in the car and I will put you through.
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by nonhuman(m): 7:37pm On May 10, 2021
Blackbishop:

Can you call me when you are in the car and I will put you through.
OK tomorrow i dnt know if i still have your number
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by olaair(m): 6:47pm On May 12, 2021
Blackbishop:
Today I will be discussing more about those that are using Mobile XHP oil 20W50.

I will not condemn the oil but be careful what you put in your engine, now a car was brought down with a wierd noise coming from the engine. A Toyota Camry 2007, at first running a scan was not the best cause of action so we drove round and driving back to the workshop I noticed the Engine oil light blinking, which was a red flag.

Getting to the workshop, I removed the oil cover that was on the engine to check the pressure of the oil pump. It was relatively low and couple with the sound. I decided to drain the engine oil and open up the sump.
Removing the sump I saw cake - I mean the engine oil has caked inside the sump blocking the filter and oil pump. I removed the cake and try brushing the rest with a petrol and I decided to replace the filter with a new one.

Further investigation from the owner he said he has been servicing the car with the Mobile XHP since he bought the car and serviced the car every 3 months.

On conclusion I told him anytime he wants to service the car he should at least drive round for an hour plus then they drain the oil when it's still hot so some of the cake will come out. By that some cake will dissolve temporarily due to the hot engine oil.

Note: Always check the cover of the Mobile XHP that it was sealed and the cover is blue and not black

Please which will you recommend for engine oil when changing oil. I have read that 5w-30/20 recommended but my mechanic said there alot of fake ones in the market and he recommended 20w50. This is my first service for camry 2007
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 8:09pm On May 12, 2021
olaair:

Please which will you recommend for engine oil when changing oil. I have read that 5w-30/20 recommended but my mechanic said there alot of fake ones in the market and he recommended 20w50. This is my first service for camry 2007

Baba fake plenty for market. But there are some sure plugs of 5W20/30. Dont ever buy that mobile 20W50 the fake plenty pass the original.

Service your car with Castrol Magnet X
Penzoil

3 Likes

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by melviniyke2002(m): 8:21pm On May 12, 2021
olaair:

contact dru23 for ur original USA engine oil....u wud be glad u did......

3 Likes

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by dru23(m): 8:50pm On May 12, 2021
olaair:

20w50 fake pass my brother.. Because it is cheap and easy to make .......you can even make am in ur compound to show how easy it is .......

Always use the recommended oil .. The v4 camry 2007 are known to short oil .. Factory defect it is a well and it does not mean that all of the v4 go short .. Just a large portion of it does .......

But if you are lucky enough and 100% sure urs does not short any oil at all .. Than go with the recommended oil on the oil cap .... But if u are unlucky try 5w40 full synthetic .. We have sellers on Nairaland that can buy from including myself .........

1 Like

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 8:23am On May 13, 2021
From us at B-Automobile

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by olaair(m): 3:56pm On May 13, 2021
Thank you all for the advices, I really appreciate it
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by oluwaleokey: 9:24pm On May 14, 2021
Hi gurus in the house
How do i buy oxygen sensors for bank 1 sensor 1 and bank 2 sensor 1?
P0031 and P0051 are the only two codes I got after I ran a scan
How much is it cost?
Which is better tokunbo or new one? Prices too?

I discovered after kazeem use carb cleaner to flush my injector nozzles.... the rpm is now on a lil above 0... how do I raise it to perhaps to 1 or is it normal with v6 1MZ engines coz I have never owned one before.. always on four plugs

Its an lexus es300 car with 1MZ engine
Your inputs will be highly appreciated
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 10:15pm On May 14, 2021
oluwaleokey:
Hi gurus in the house
How do i buy oxygen sensors for bank 1 sensor 1 and bank 2 sensor 1?
P0031 and P0051 are the only two codes I got after I ran a scan
How much is it cost?
Which is better tokunbo or new one? Prices too?

I discovered after kazeem use carb cleaner to flush my injector nozzles.... the rpm is now on a lil above 0... how do I raise it to perhaps to 1 or is it normal with v6 1MZ engines coz I have never owned one before.. always on four plugs

Its an lexus es300 car with 1MZ engine
Your inputs will be highly appreciated

I only sell and give guarantee for new Oxygen sensor. For business call me I will enlighten you more about it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by oluwaleokey: 10:30pm On May 14, 2021
Blackbishop:

I only sell and give guarantee for new Oxygen sensor. For business call me I will enlighten you more about it.

Sure, I will buy from you if not for anything for saving us from getting wrecked by these kazeems moreover I do appreciate your free info u dash out here

Meanwhile, could a blocked catalysts result to a dead oxygen sensor? one kazeem said the reason the scanner indicates bad oxygen sensor is as a result of my bad catalyst... saying after buying those sensors, the catalyst would kill it coz its not open....

I guess i need to check your digits on your profile
Many thanks
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 7:25am On May 15, 2021
oluwaleokey:

Sure, I will buy from you if not for anything for saving us from getting wrecked by these kazeems moreover I do appreciate your free info u dash out here

Meanwhile, could a blocked catalysts result to a dead oxygen sensor? one kazeem said the reason the scanner indicates bad oxygen sensor is as a result of my bad catalyst... saying after buying those sensors, the catalyst would kill it coz its not open....

I guess i need to check your digits on your profile
Many thanks

Lol Kazeem Kazeem. If you have a bad catalyst how e take affect the performance of the sensor. If you have a bad catalyst you get the P0420 code
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by radautoworks: 3:04pm On May 15, 2021
olaair:

Re: Mechanic Roundtable by nonhuman(m): 7:18am On May 16, 2021
My engine makes a rattling noise on stepping on gas pedal especially when it has risen to its normal working temperature
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by Blackbishop(m): 9:57am On May 16, 2021
nonhuman:
My engine makes a rattling noise on stepping on gas pedal especially when it has risen to its normal working temperature

You sure it's not tappet?
Re: Mechanic Roundtable by nonhuman(m): 6:17pm On May 16, 2021
Blackbishop:

You sure it's not tappet?
what is tappet

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (29) (Reply)

Mercedes G-wagon Vs Innoson G80, Which Side Are You On? (Photos) / Nigerian Man Breaks Record, Rides To South Africa From Lagos On Motorbike / Nigerians React As Dubai Police Flaunt Their Exotic Luxurious Police Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.