Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,132 members, 7,807,435 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:28 PM

Is It Possible To Study In Europe With NABTEB, ND And HND? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is It Possible To Study In Europe With NABTEB, ND And HND? (11850 Views)

Is It Possible To Keep Mute Entirely About Your Travel Plan? / How A Nigerian Lady Landed In Europe Because Of 80 Naira Sachet Milk / Fantastic: My First Snow Experience In Europe 2020 (photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Possible To Study In Europe With NABTEB, ND And HND? by Ijomobi(m): 11:28am On Apr 03, 2020
Dear all,
Please I really need your help and suggestions, I have NABTEB, ND and HND in Architecture. I want to further my education in any European country, I have tried my best to find schools that can accept my education background either for Bachelor Degree or Master, but unfortunately most of the schools I mailed or checked their website asked for either WAEC or NECO for Bsc admission and they stated that my HND did not qualify me for Master admission. Among those country I searched are: Estonia, Lithuania and Poland.

I would have tried Germany but am on tight budget and can't raise money for block account.

Has anybody face the same challenge as mine?
How did you overcome it and achieve your aim?
Is there any other good option I should try?

Please help a brother.
Thanks in advance.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Possible To Study In Europe With NABTEB, ND And HND? by Ussycool: 11:32am On Apr 03, 2020
Wait make i ask fidelis
Re: Is It Possible To Study In Europe With NABTEB, ND And HND? by Ijomobi(m): 11:40am On Apr 03, 2020
Ussycool:
Wait make i ask fidelis
OK brother, thanks
Re: Is It Possible To Study In Europe With NABTEB, ND And HND? by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 03, 2020
What's the tuition fees like?
Re: Is It Possible To Study In Europe With NABTEB, ND And HND? by flowergirl222: 12:05pm On Apr 03, 2020
Ijomobi:
Dear all,
Please I really need your help and suggestions, I have NABTEB, ND and HND in Architecture. I want to further my education in any European country, I have tried my best to find schools that can accept my education background either for Bachelor Degree or Master, but unfortunately most of the schools I mailed or checked their website asked for either WAEC or NECO for Bsc admission and they stated that my HND did not qualify me for Master admission. Among those country I searched are: Estonia, Lithuania and Poland.

I would have tried Germany but am on tight budget and can't raise money for block account.

Has anybody face the same challenge as mine?
How did you overcome it and achieve your aim?
Is there any other good option I should try?

Please help a brother.
Thanks in advance.

Let me help you.

YES, they accept all our various formations, whether it is NABTEB, OND, HND, or BSc.

Let me break it down for you.....

1. Generally if you have WAEC, NECO or NECO GCE, or WAEC GCE, you are eligible to apply for any BSc program.

2. If you hold NABTEB, OND, HND, or even BSc, you are allowed to apply for 3rd year programs in some universities that offer such 3rd year programs, e.g France. Also, UK and Denmark do top-up programs where you can use your HND (only) to apply for a top-up program in your discipline.

3. Lastly, if you hold BSc, you are eligible for Masters.

Basically there is little or no postgraduate programs in the EU. They refer their PG programs as M1 & M2 which means Master 1 & Master 2 and you are eligible only with a BSc certificate. If your CGPA is not strong enough, you may be enrolled into M1 and later qualify for M2 after completing M1. However, with a strong CGPA from 3.40 upward, you can enroll directly into M2.

Truthfully, I only read comments on NL, I personally don't comment because of some foolish and confusing contradictory opinions but I decide to write this out and explain to everyone in your shoes because I have realized that most ND, HND, NCE, and NABTEB students/graduates are always having this similar challenges. So in a nutshell, if you have ND, NCE, NABTEB, or HND what you can apply for in Europe is either a 3rd yr program (this means joining classes in the final yr - direct entry) or a Top-up degree(with your HND only). If you need more guidance, ask me further or go to google.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Possible To Study In Europe With NABTEB, ND And HND? by Ijomobi(m): 12:16pm On Apr 03, 2020
flowergirl222:

Let me help you.

YES, they accept all our various formations, whether it is NABTEB, OND, HND, or BSc.

Let me break it down for you.....

1. Generally if you have WAEC, NECO or NECO GCE, or WAEC GCE, you are eligible to apply for any BSc program.

2. If you hold NABTEB, OND, HND, or even BSc, you are allowed to apply for 3rd year programs in some universities that offer such 3rd year programs, e.g France. Also, UK and Denmark do top-up programs where you can use your HND (only) to apply for a top-up program in your discipline.

3. Lastly, if you hold BSc, you are eligible for Masters.

Basically there is little or no postgraduate programs in the EU. They refer their PG programs as M1 which means Master 1 and you are eligible only with a BSc certificate.

Truthfully, I only read comments on NL, I personally don't comment because of some foolish and confusing contradictory opinions but I decide to write this out and explain to everyone in your shoes because I have realised that most ND, HND, NCE, and NABTEB students/graduates are always having this similar challenges. If you need more guidance, ask me further or go to google.

Thanks for detail info.
I will check those countries you mention out, if I need more detail I will DM.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Study In Europe With NABTEB, ND And HND? by flowergirl222: 12:22pm On Apr 03, 2020
Ijomobi:

Thanks for detail info.

You are welcome.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Study In Europe With NABTEB, ND And HND? by Liodins: 1:11am On Apr 04, 2020
I have the same exact credentials I have, but I had to rewrite neco last year to give me a better chance of securing admission into one of the EU countries, but now I have to wait for things to go back to normal to start applying.
Pls try and write any proficiency test to give u better chance.
Re: Is It Possible To Study In Europe With NABTEB, ND And HND? by Ijomobi(m): 9:04am On Apr 04, 2020
Liodins:
I have the same exact credentials I have, but I had to rewrite neco last year to give me a better chance of securing admission into one of the EU countries, but now I have to wait for things to go back to normal to start applying.

OK brother, thanks
Re: Is It Possible To Study In Europe With NABTEB, ND And HND? by Robbyhuud: 2:45pm On Apr 04, 2020
Liodins:

Please why did you rewrite NECO again and can someone use two waec result in place of one to apply for admission abroad
Re: Is It Possible To Study In Europe With NABTEB, ND And HND? by Liodins: 7:12pm On Apr 04, 2020
Robbyhuud:

Please why did you rewrite NECO again and can someone use two waec result in place of one to apply for admission abroad

Well my reason is simple: most of the European countries don’t recognize other result other than NECO/WAEC
And to your second question I haven’t seen anyone who gained admission with two results, but if u have credit in maths and English with any three other subjects I think u are good to go, but if u are going for MSC u don’t have to worry much abt your SSCE cos your BSc already covers for it

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Is It Possible To Study In Europe With NABTEB, ND And HND? by Liadi2(m): 3:21am On Apr 05, 2020
I have Hnd too although i am searching for school that cheap to convert my hnd to bsc or so my master. Please let's embark on this journey together.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Study In Europe With NABTEB, ND And HND? by Ijomobi(m): 8:42am On Apr 05, 2020
Liadi2:
I have Hnd too although i am searching for school that cheap to convert my hnd to bsc or so my master. Please let's embark on this journey together.

OK bro, I just hope people can give us more options and advice on how to go about it.
Re: Is It Possible To Study In Europe With NABTEB, ND And HND? by Nobody: 9:18am On Apr 05, 2020
Ijomobi:

OK bro, I just hope people can give us more options and advice on how to go about it.
You need information and advice from people but you don't want to give out the ones you have?
Re: Is It Possible To Study In Europe With NABTEB, ND And HND? by Ijomobi(m): 10:51am On Apr 05, 2020
Mavin1:

You need information and advice from people but you don't want to give out the ones you have?

How? I don't understand you, because I stated clearly in my write up those countries I have tried and the one I can't due to block account. So which information am I hiding?
Re: Is It Possible To Study In Europe With NABTEB, ND And HND? by cuteBB(f): 8:50am On Jul 07, 2021
I was just denied admission into the Klaipeda university because my cgpa is not up to 60%.
Please any one knows if I can still apply to other schools that accept a 2:2 in this july. Or I can not meet up again this year fro Lithuania schools(masters)
Re: Is It Possible To Study In Europe With NABTEB, ND And HND? by cuteBB(f): 8:54am On Jul 07, 2021
This is really disheartening. My cgpa was 54% after their calculation. It isn't up to 60% but they didn't give me an option of doing a program like M1 to upgrade the bsc rather they just denied me. Admission fee gone...
This has broken me I swear....
Re: Is It Possible To Study In Europe With NABTEB, ND And HND? by nairaandaed: 11:53am On Jul 17, 2021
pls where u successful in using ur nabteb result to gain admission
Ijomobi:

Thanks for detail info.
Re: Is It Possible To Study In Europe With NABTEB, ND And HND? by nairaandaed: 5:00pm On Aug 16, 2021
Ijomobi:

Hi, pls did u succeed in finding universities that accept nabteb, ive been searching but i cant find any

Thanks for detail info.
Re: Is It Possible To Study In Europe With NABTEB, ND And HND? by anigbajumo(m): 7:35am On Nov 17, 2022
cuteBB:
This is really disheartening. My cgpa was 54% after their calculation. It isn't up to 60% but they didn't give me an option of doing a program like M1 to upgrade the bsc rather they just denied me. Admission fee gone...
This has broken me I swear....

Gudmorni ma, Pls I need more information regarding the CGPA calculations. Pls let me knw when u are online. If av CGPA of 3.11 In Pure And Applied Physics, I don’t knw if I’m good to go for my masters in UK or Germany.

(1) (Reply)

Lokoja River Port To Cost N4.112 Billion - George Moghalu, NIWA MD / COVID-19: UK Expected To Remove Nigeria, 10 Other Countries From Red List / The London Skyline Is Finally Taking Shape!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.