Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,365 members, 7,808,271 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says (82269 Views)

Akwa Ibom Is Constructing Nigeria's 4th Longest Bridge In Mbo LGA (Photos) / Akwa Ibom Is Building First Cable Bridge In South-South Nigeria (Photos) / Abba Kyari Tried To Clean Up Nigeria, Says The Economist Of London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by Goddyj(m): 8:04pm On Apr 03, 2020
ChaoHendrix:
Akwa Ibom is the most underrated state in Nigeria..
Though its' government is bedeviled by corrupt practices just like every other state in Nigeria,they've had the best and most sensitive government..
When it comes to good roods,no state can compare with Akwa Ibom and every street,I mean every street gets swept every morning..
The only problem is electricity..
While some areas have steady power supply,some hardly see light...
All in all, I love my State..
I'm from Akwa Ibom, but I will rather say things the way there are.
Akwa Ibom is not the cleanest State in Nigeria.
If you live in Uyo, you may be tempted to believe it is.
But for people like us whose businesses take round the State almost on a daily basis know better.
Out of the three major cities in the State, it's only Uyo that has a functional waste disposal management. Ikot Ekpene, Eket, and other local Government Areas dump all their refuse in the gutter, thereby making sure that there's no functional drainage systems.
And when it rains, those refuse are scattered all over the roads and streets.
And please, it's only in Uyo that roads are swept sometimes; not every morning.
Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by Siberia01(m): 8:05pm On Apr 03, 2020
SlayerSupreme:

This is what they all say. But las las there's nothing in the state, economy wise, money wise, structure wise. Nothing. And don't even talk of roads, Anambra beats Akwa Ibom by a mile.

Roads anambra haha no disgrace yourself

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by kikake: 8:05pm On Apr 03, 2020
Owerri used to be the cleanest town in the East, until Owerri people teaming up with ignorant governors started to reduce Imo state's development process to only a thing for Owerri zone

Nature struck Owerri: overpopulation with refuse heaps all over Owerri since then.

Owerri doesn't think that any other town in Imo state deserves modern development institutions and infrastructures of govt.
Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by Codes151(m): 8:07pm On Apr 03, 2020
iWasNotHere:
State of Sodom and Gomorrah.
illiterate.
Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by SlayerSupreme: 8:16pm On Apr 03, 2020
Siberia01:
Roads anambra haha no disgrace yourself

Which disgrace?

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by Siberia01(m): 8:17pm On Apr 03, 2020
SlayerSupreme:

Which disgrace?
oga forget even in the next 10 years anambra can never have the quality of a street in Uyo

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by Blackking98(m): 8:19pm On Apr 03, 2020
Jegiosowor:

They know but will never admit it
Lol no be small. Outside Calabar please where in Cross river is as developed as ikot ekpene or eket or itam or abak. Y'all are running a one city state, it's pretty much vice versa. Learn from us.
First picture ikot ekpene and second one eket. If you can't provide photos of ikom or ugep or akampa rest grin

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by Blackking98(m): 8:19pm On Apr 03, 2020
JayPeeOham:

All these they learnt from their mother, CROSS RIVER STATE! tongue
you wish.
Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by SlayerSupreme: 8:19pm On Apr 03, 2020
[s]
Siberia01:
oga forget even in the next 10 years anambra can never have the quality of a street in Uyo
[/s]

I think say you get sense. Hahaha.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by Blackking98(m): 8:21pm On Apr 03, 2020
SlayerSupreme:

Which disgrace?
rest huncle. When states want to measure up with Akwa Ibom on roads you sef you follow mention anambra? No reason am.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by SlayerSupreme: 8:22pm On Apr 03, 2020
[s]
Blackking98:
rest huncle. When states want to measure up with Akwa Ibom on roads you sef you follow mention anambra? No reason am.
[/s]

Both you and the other Siberia guy are clowns.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by favour32(m): 8:23pm On Apr 03, 2020
Kinematics:

What a rare marriage. I've never seen an Akwa Ibomite in a polygamous setting. Quite rare.
Nothing is constant but change.
Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by SlayerSupreme: 8:24pm On Apr 03, 2020
They won hype their glorified village because they win neatest state. Thunder.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by Ayo199(m): 8:27pm On Apr 03, 2020
mtinfx:

My wife is from Oron Am from akwa ibom too cool
Tell her alaa ha! I served in oron but that their language is too complicated
Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by Blackking98(m): 8:27pm On Apr 03, 2020
SlayerSupreme:

Both you and the other Siberia guy are clowns.
can you provide pics of roads from anambra. I will supply u with that of Akwa Ibom. I'm sure you'll chicken away and cancel post as usual, ego filled coward grin
Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by Farki: 8:27pm On Apr 03, 2020
Kinematics:

Relatively small? So almost 4 million as at the last census is relatively small? The 15th most populous state in Nigeria as at 2006 census is relatively small?
Wonders shall never end.

Which is why I used the word relatively in relation to other states. So the idea can be tried there before implementing in more highly populated areas like Lagos or distributed inland..

Also are you really going to use a 14 year old census to nitpick my comment?
Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by Blackking98(m): 8:28pm On Apr 03, 2020
SlayerSupreme:
They won hype their glorified village because they win neatest state. Thunder.
E pain you grin. Glorified erosion state grin (Anambra)

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by Reference(m): 8:28pm On Apr 03, 2020
Absolutely. Akwa Ibom first and the FCT next.
Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by Kinematics: 8:32pm On Apr 03, 2020
Farki:

Which is why I used the word relatively in relation to other states. So the idea can be tried there before implementing in more highly populated areas like Lagos or distributed inland..

If you carry out a proper census now it will even be in the top 10 currently. Everything must not be Lagos, population must not be the yardstick.
Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by obontami: 8:34pm On Apr 03, 2020
What about gidi? undecided
Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by SlayerSupreme: 8:34pm On Apr 03, 2020
Blackking98:
can you provide pics of roads from anambra. I will supply u with that of Akwa Ibom. I'm sure you'll chicken away and cancel post as usual, ego filled coward grin

Lol. I don't have to. Anambra has probably the best roads in Nigeria so calm down. Akwa Ibom is just coming up recently. No biggie over there. I've also noticed the little development Akwa Ibom has seen recently in Uyo and Eket is making them loud. I laugh. Hahaha.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by theBaGG: 8:34pm On Apr 03, 2020
Oyo and Lagos should be the dirtiest

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by Blackking98(m): 8:36pm On Apr 03, 2020
Farki:

you're still wrong oga. Outside Kano (which I believe their population is bloated on paper) which other Nigerian state can compare to Lagos in terms of population? River's, kaduna and other thick states still have relatively small population to Lagos. So your parameter for comparing Akwa iboms population to Lagos is just weird considering Lagos is over 50 years old and Akwa Ibom was created 1987. 15th most populous state out of 36 states and fct is not relatively small sir. It means a state state that is 30th is relatively non existent According to you.
Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by Kinematics: 8:36pm On Apr 03, 2020
favour32:

Nothing is constant but change.

Those people dont do polygamy. They rather marry one then get several side chicks.
AKS is one state that I know that polygamy is almost nonexistent, however them still dey pork outside. Them pork outside their marriage pass anyone, they dont even hide their marriage from the side kick.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by Blackking98(m): 8:37pm On Apr 03, 2020
grin rest huncle. I accept your surrender,no need making it look beautiful and eloquent.
SlayerSupreme:

Lol. I don't have to. Anambra has probably the best roads in Nigeria so calm down. Akwa Ibom is just coming up recently. No biggie over there. I've also noticed the little development Akwa Ibom has seen recently in Uyo and Eket is making them loud. I laugh. Hahaha.
Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by Blackking98(m): 8:38pm On Apr 03, 2020
Kinematics:

Those people dont do polygamy. They rather marry one then get several side chicks.
AKS is one state that I know that polygamy is almost nonexistent, however them still dey pork outside. Them pork outside their marriage pass anyone, they dont even hide their marriage from the side kick.
no be lie
Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by Kinematics: 8:39pm On Apr 03, 2020
Blackking98:
you're still wrong oga. Outside Kano (which I believe their population is bloated on paper) which other Nigerian state can compare to Lagos in terms of population? River's, kaduna and other thick states still have relatively small population to Lagos. So your parameter for comparing Akwa iboms population to Lagos is just weird considering Lagos is over 50 years old and Akwa Ibom was created 1987. 15th most populous state out of 36 states and fct is not relatively small sir. It means a state state that is 30th is relatively non existent According to you.

Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by Blackking98(m): 8:39pm On Apr 03, 2020
Kinematics:

Of you carry out a proper census now it will even be in the top 10 currently. Everything must not be Lagos, population must not be the yardstick.
yes. Given to the rapid development between 2006 and now plus the oil companies and stuff
Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by SlayerForever: 8:42pm On Apr 03, 2020
Blackking98:
grin rest huncle. I accept your surrender, no need making it look beautiful and eloquent.

The point is passed. cheesy
Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by Blackking98(m): 8:43pm On Apr 03, 2020
SlayerForever:

The point is passed. cheesy
yes sir wink
Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by AsomughaChuks05: 8:44pm On Apr 03, 2020
What will attract people to Akwa-Ibom is not neatness but availability of job opportunities. Right now, it's just civil service and church, church, church everywhere with pockets of pure water producers here and there. Not forgetting that betnaija is also a big industry in that state.

6 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Is The Cleanest State - Clean-Up Nigeria Says by Kinematics: 8:44pm On Apr 03, 2020
SlayerSupreme:

Well they are loud because it's new to them(Its normal to have something you never had). However they've done a good job in the past 12yrs.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Nathaniel Samuel: How I Got The Bomb I Took To Winners Chapel Church In Kaduna / See What Ugandans Think About Buhari On Facebook / Hausa And Igbos Clash In Aba, 3 Dead (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.