Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,869 members, 7,798,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:06 PM

Did A COVID-19 Patient Die In Omole Estate? A Fact Check - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Did A COVID-19 Patient Die In Omole Estate? A Fact Check (52994 Views)

My Experience As A Covid 19 Survivor. / Coronavirus Suspect Dies In Omole, Lagos / First COVID-19 Patient In Oyo Discharged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did A COVID-19 Patient Die In Omole Estate? A Fact Check by Kingpele(m): 6:55pm On Apr 03, 2020
Nawah
Re: Did A COVID-19 Patient Die In Omole Estate? A Fact Check by gammarays(m): 6:56pm On Apr 03, 2020
Owners of these fake news blog sites should be arrested and fined heavily to deter others.
Fake news sites everywhere even opera news
Tufiakwa!

1 Like

Re: Did A COVID-19 Patient Die In Omole Estate? A Fact Check by CanadaOrBust: 6:56pm On Apr 03, 2020
WHY DID NAIRALAND RUSH UNVERIFIED NEWS CONCERNING SUCH A SENSITIVE TOPIC TO FRONT PAGE??!!!!!!!!!!!
Lalasticlala, Seun

2 Likes

Re: Did A COVID-19 Patient Die In Omole Estate? A Fact Check by Skillsnigeria: 6:57pm On Apr 03, 2020
Fake news is Nigeria pride, the Lord will deliver them
Re: Did A COVID-19 Patient Die In Omole Estate? A Fact Check by Galaticos444: 7:02pm On Apr 03, 2020
ZombiePUNISHER:
Nigerians

Always living in a fool's paradise...

This disease is everywhere and has affected thousands of Nigerians already without knowing..

Few People will die
And people will look for a way to explain their death and not link it to corona...
Maybe because of fear or political reasons..

How did I know all this..
I personally beat this virus
Only God knows why it isn't lethal in this part of the globe..
same here,was aving flu-like symptoms some days back and wen I checked my temperature it was 42 so I quietly went to d pharmacy and got azithromicin and today I can authoritatively tell u am better

Modify: for those of u quoting me the most important tin is dat I feel better now but I must say I suspected I had d virus cos i hangout with a returnee 4rm uk and friends that ar immigration officers that works in d airport and not so ago I flew 4rm Lagos to Abuja

2 Likes

Re: Did A COVID-19 Patient Die In Omole Estate? A Fact Check by Fariq: 7:02pm On Apr 03, 2020
Damntruth:
how did u defeat it..please enlighten us..thanks

Do you want to be enlightened by a liar?

2 Likes

Re: Did A COVID-19 Patient Die In Omole Estate? A Fact Check by Fariq: 7:03pm On Apr 03, 2020
Galaticos444:
same here, was having flu-like symptoms some days back and when I checked my temperature it was 42 so I quietly went to d pharmacy and got azithromycin and today I can authoritatively tell u am better

And now that means you have Coronavirus right?

6 Likes

Re: Did A COVID-19 Patient Die In Omole Estate? A Fact Check by Vulcan24(m): 7:04pm On Apr 03, 2020
ZombiePUNISHER:
Nigerians

This disease is everywhere and has affected thousands of Nigerians already without knowing..

Few People will die
And people will look for a way to explain their death and not link it to corona...

everything u wrote is fake except that I can't know if u beat d virus or not....

1. even the reports of the thousands of death recorded in Europe is not directly caused by corona.

why the world is scared is cos it's like a catalyst for death

1 Like

Re: Did A COVID-19 Patient Die In Omole Estate? A Fact Check by Damntruth(m): 7:06pm On Apr 03, 2020
Fariq:

Do you want to be enlightened by a liar?
for real...you don't even know who to believe or trust this days biko undecided
Re: Did A COVID-19 Patient Die In Omole Estate? A Fact Check by obidevine(m): 7:07pm On Apr 03, 2020
ZombiePUNISHER:
Nigerians

Few People will die

Hello. Please how did you beat it ( covid 19?) Can you break it down to me . Thanks .
Re: Did A COVID-19 Patient Die In Omole Estate? A Fact Check by gidoskiaustino(m): 7:07pm On Apr 03, 2020
God have mercy on us Lord
Re: Did A COVID-19 Patient Die In Omole Estate? A Fact Check by Damntruth(m): 7:07pm On Apr 03, 2020
Galaticos444:
same here,was aving flu-like symptoms some days back and wen I checked my temperature it was 42 so I quietly went to d pharmacy and got azithromicin and today I can authoritatively tell u am better
you sure? about this?
Re: Did A COVID-19 Patient Die In Omole Estate? A Fact Check by Luckydubby7(m): 7:08pm On Apr 03, 2020
ZombiePUNISHER:
Nigerians

Few People will die

. Fake news
How do u know u have the virus? Ur type is one of the problem we are trying to solve first.
Better still, u can tell the world d medicine u used.

4 Likes

Re: Did A COVID-19 Patient Die In Omole Estate? A Fact Check by sleekier(m): 7:09pm On Apr 03, 2020
What would it have cost them to check the Primary Health Centre for documentation and proper investigation?

1 Like

Re: Did A COVID-19 Patient Die In Omole Estate? A Fact Check by ednut1(m): 7:10pm On Apr 03, 2020
Fake news publishers should be beheaded
Re: Did A COVID-19 Patient Die In Omole Estate? A Fact Check by AreaFada2: 7:10pm On Apr 03, 2020
ZombiePUNISHER:
Nigerians

Few People will die

Please tell us more about this. This is no time for secrecy sir. Were you tested and had Covid-19? Did you have symptoms? What were the symptoms and were they mild or severe? How long did the symptoms last? Were you hospitalised or you self-quarantined?

From the way things are going, some patients have symptoms, seem to improve and suddenly worsen. Even those without known underlying conditions.
Re: Did A COVID-19 Patient Die In Omole Estate? A Fact Check by Vulcan24(m): 7:10pm On Apr 03, 2020
Galaticos444:

you guys are mixing it up..... u can't catch flu like symptoms of corona in this hot weather in Africa unless u av contact with persons who lives in the affected areas or u go there yourself.

what you av is the common fever of the tropics either from malaria, typhoid or heat stroke n stress.

the virus would attack ur respiratory organs first after lowering your immune system. the fever you experience is your immune overworking. (technical)

bottom line get exposed to an Italian with d virus gangan and u will know wasup!

1 Like

Re: Did A COVID-19 Patient Die In Omole Estate? A Fact Check by AreaFada2: 7:15pm On Apr 03, 2020
Vulcan24:

you guys are mixing it up..... u can't catch flu like symptoms of corona in this hot weather in Africa unless u av contact with persons who lives in the affected areas or u go there yourself.

what you av is the common fever of the tropics either from malaria, typhoid or heat stroke n stress.

the virus would attack ur respiratory organs first after lowering your immune system. the fever you experience is your immune overworking. (technical)

bottom line get exposed to an Italian with d virus gangan and u will know wasup!
Any scientific evidence that this is the ONLY sequence of event/pathogenesis?
Re: Did A COVID-19 Patient Die In Omole Estate? A Fact Check by Vulcan24(m): 7:15pm On Apr 03, 2020
AreaFada2:

Please tell us more about this. This is no time for secrecy sir. Were you tested and had Covid-19? Did you have symptoms? What were the symptoms and were they mild or severe? How long did the symptoms last? Were you hospitalised or you self-quarantined?

From the way things are going, some patients have symptoms, seem to improve and suddenly worsen. Even those without known underlying conditions.

observations from Europe medical experts says young ppl with healthy lifestyle may not show symptoms or av mild symptoms but still be carriers and infectious

recovery is similar to cases of fever lessening cos it's an immune issue and it repairs itself. but if a vaccine or cure is found it will kill d virus without d immune fighting it.

1 Like

Re: Did A COVID-19 Patient Die In Omole Estate? A Fact Check by Damalex4luv(m): 7:17pm On Apr 03, 2020
landmark86:
Someone die of hunger dey say na covid-19.
Mumu.. Hope you know how expensive it's to rent apartment at omole estate

2 Likes

Re: Did A COVID-19 Patient Die In Omole Estate? A Fact Check by Vulcan24(m): 7:17pm On Apr 03, 2020
AreaFada2:

yes..... I will check and send it to u, alternatively you can look up ... d virus is actually called severe acute respiratory syndrome CoV
Re: Did A COVID-19 Patient Die In Omole Estate? A Fact Check by Vulcan24(m): 7:22pm On Apr 03, 2020
Perfecttouchade:
The panic is huge and the awareness is low...educate people more on the virus and how to stay safe

but we av no medical guide or extract from Africa. majority of the guide and medical testimonies are from Europe, don't bother reading or listening to CGTN.....

British are doing a fine job (John Hopkins via BBC )

Trump is missing a large part of the story cos he's somewhat an invincible guy... guys are dying n it's no time for his style. so the states are using economy to fight a medical prob.

Africa ..... trash and garbage, by now they don't even know if the virus is here or it s the ever present malaria

1 Like

Re: Did A COVID-19 Patient Die In Omole Estate? A Fact Check by Investnow2017: 7:23pm On Apr 03, 2020
aminulive:
@POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

At a time when countries all over the world are combating the COVID-19 pandemic, misinformation is also at its peak with myriads of hoaxes and fake news being shared around.

Series of fake news have been spread about the casualty figures, mode of treatment, cure and public figures who contracted the respiratory disease.

However, POLITICS NIGERIA, in its support for accountability media rooted in verification, has dispelled rumours through publishing consistent fact checks.

Recently, there are reports that a COVID-19 patient died in Omole Estate, one of the major estates in Ikeja, Lagos State capital.

This online newspaper, however, made efforts to confirm the veracity of such information.

CLAIM: A report published on Ladunliadinews, dated April 3, stated that some residents claim a woman has died of coronavirus in Omole Estate.

https://www.ladunliadinews.com/2020/04/residents-claim-woman-has-died-of.html?m=1

The platform quoted Starconnectmedia.com, which earlier published something similar on Thursday. Starconnect claimed it was a suspected case.

"The incident, we gathered occurred in Omole Estate Phase II, which extends into Olowoira, Lagos. The patient, we gathered became very sick, exhibiting symptoms noted for the COVID-19 pandemic and was taken to the Primary Health Centre in the area but when there was no ambulance from the Nigerian Centre for Disease Contro, (NCDC) and the Lagos State Ambulance Service (LASAMBUS) to evacuate her to the Infectious Disease Centre, Yaba, she was returned to her residence in a tricycle where she eventually died.

"In the Memo to residents, Chairman, Omole Phase II, Mr Bamidele Lanisa noted that many people could have come into contact with the patient, stressing that the risk of transmission is real in the neighbourhood.

“We advise residents to please stay in their houses and refrain from unnecessarily going about. Please safe. We advise a total stay at home for now”, Starconnectmedia quoted the Chairman.

Nevertheless, other media platforms had reported the same, attributing the story to starconnect.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2020/04/03/coronavirus-suspect-dies-in-omole-lagos/amp/

VERIFICATION: Findings by this paper showed that an aged woman died in Olowora on Wednesday. Olowora is a downtown area, which according to Google map, is 9 minutes drive from the estate.

Also, in the report published by Starconnect, no resident was reached out to.

Meanwhile, when our correspondent contacted some occupants of the estate on Friday, they said they were not aware of the incident.

Farotade Henry, a resident made it known that the information was fake.

He noted that the chairman of the estate had already debunked it.

According to the information passed across to the occupants, which was obtained by POLITICS NIGERIA, the deceased woman in question was already aged and she has been sick for more than a year.

"Health officers and COVID -19 team from the LG and LASG has fully investigated the case and reported that the patient was not tested, thus Coronavirus is not confirmed. Be as it may please let's all be aware that Coronavirus is real. It is very important we all observe all the precautionary measures put in place by relevant authorities such as; Stay at home, observe social distancing, wash your hand with soap and water regularly." Mr Lanisa wrote.

Moreso, official data has it that Nigeria recorded its first COVID-19 death in a 67-year-old male and the second death was recorded four days ago.

None could be traced to the deceased woman who died two days ago.

However, the spokesperson of the NCDC refused to respond to calls and text messages from POLITICS NIGERIA to get an official response to the claim.

VERDICT: The CLAIM that a COVID-19 patient DIED in Omole Estate is FALSE.

https://politicsnigeria.com/fact-check-did-covid-19-patient-die-in-omole-estate/

Your Verdict is also wrong because the woman was never tested and NCDC has not established it's position.

2 Likes

Re: Did A COVID-19 Patient Die In Omole Estate? A Fact Check by Basher8583: 7:26pm On Apr 03, 2020
ZombiePUNISHER:
Nigerians

Few People will die

Maybe when you finally kick the bucket we will link your death to Covid19...
Re: Did A COVID-19 Patient Die In Omole Estate? A Fact Check by jaxxy(m): 7:27pm On Apr 03, 2020
Another fake news and bandwagon mentality situation.
Re: Did A COVID-19 Patient Die In Omole Estate? A Fact Check by AreaFada2: 7:28pm On Apr 03, 2020
Vulcan24:

observations from Europe medical experts says young ppl with healthy lifestyle may not show symptoms or av mild symptoms but still be carriers and infectious
recovery is similar to cases of fever lessening cos it's an immune issue and it repairs itself. but if a vaccine or cure is found it will kill d virus without d immune fighting it.

Well, not all young people living a healthy lifestyle are healthy. Considering that up to 5% may succumb, the unhealthy that live healthily become important. Some have motor neuron, auto-immune and other conditions. Asthma, Cystic fibrosis and Sickle cell disease are common in young people in some places.

A child of 13 who had psoriasis died of Covid-19 in Spain. One would suspect that he probably used immune-suppressing drugs to treat it.

If by chance one has antibodies against a somewhat similar virus, and the body starts to attack covid, but sadly the pattern is not close enough to attack it effectively, the immune system could go into overdrive trying to do the job. It then affect vital organs in possibly in unsustainable and lethal way.

2 Likes

Re: Did A COVID-19 Patient Die In Omole Estate? A Fact Check by AreaFada2: 7:29pm On Apr 03, 2020
Vulcan24:

yes..... I will check and send it to u, alternatively you can look up ... d virus is actually called severe acute respiratory syndrome CoV
Yep, its SARS-Cov-2 really. I guess the SARS part is removed in public arena to reduce panic.
Re: Did A COVID-19 Patient Die In Omole Estate? A Fact Check by Roon9(m): 7:31pm On Apr 03, 2020
ZombiePUNISHER:
Nigerians

Few People will die

Egbon commando
Corona survivor
Virus destroyer
Eyan Rambo
I greet u sir

1 Like

Re: Did A COVID-19 Patient Die In Omole Estate? A Fact Check by Fariq: 7:36pm On Apr 03, 2020
AreaFada2:

No scientific evidence, research are still ongoing regarding the novel Coronavirus. Anybody that tells you that is simply assuming. There are 3 types of coronavirus and Covid 19 is the newest and that's why it's called novel.

1. Severe acute respiratory syndrome - SARs
2. Middle East respiratory syndrome - MERs
3. Novel coronavirus - Covid 19
Re: Did A COVID-19 Patient Die In Omole Estate? A Fact Check by salford1: 7:37pm On Apr 03, 2020
Competition of bloggers. One blogger disclaiming the report of another blogger.

These bloggers need to be shut down during this period. The government should let only reputable media houses handle the coverage.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dermatologist In The House Pls I Need Urgent Help / Suicide: The Picture Of Olivia James' Boyfriend Who Dumped Her / Traditional Doctors Forcing A Child Out Of A Woman 'Pregnant For 7 Years' (Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.