Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,760 members, 7,806,080 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:07 AM

Who Can Solve This Primary School Quantitative Question Given To My Cousin - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Who Can Solve This Primary School Quantitative Question Given To My Cousin (2238 Views)

See The Question Given To Year 5 Mechanical Engineering Students Of UNILAG / What Is The Solution To This Primary Five Quantitative Reasoning Questions / Can U Solve This Primary 6 Quantitative Reasoning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Can Solve This Primary School Quantitative Question Given To My Cousin by Olammy76(m): 10:57am On Apr 04, 2020
Yesterday I asked my cousin to bring out his book and read at least an hour daily. Unfortunately he came back and told me to solved this, behold I have been unable to solve it, I have sent it to my colleagues and non of them have able to do so. Please kindly share your clue on this.

Re: Who Can Solve This Primary School Quantitative Question Given To My Cousin by Abboki: 10:58am On Apr 04, 2020
angry
Re: Who Can Solve This Primary School Quantitative Question Given To My Cousin by Olammy76(m): 10:59am On Apr 04, 2020
Abboki:
angry
any problem?
Re: Who Can Solve This Primary School Quantitative Question Given To My Cousin by Olammy76(m): 11:01am On Apr 04, 2020
Moderator please kindly move this to the front page, I have sent it to highly educated and so called logic expert, yet no positive answer.
Re: Who Can Solve This Primary School Quantitative Question Given To My Cousin by Humanoid01(m): 11:04am On Apr 04, 2020
What class is your cousin?
Re: Who Can Solve This Primary School Quantitative Question Given To My Cousin by Olammy76(m): 11:05am On Apr 04, 2020
Humanoid01:

Basic 5
Re: Who Can Solve This Primary School Quantitative Question Given To My Cousin by Olammy76(m): 11:05am On Apr 04, 2020
Humanoid01:

the major concern is to provide a clue sir.

1 Like

Re: Who Can Solve This Primary School Quantitative Question Given To My Cousin by Humanoid01(m): 11:25am On Apr 04, 2020
Olammy76:
the major concern is to provide a clue sir.
Yeah, I know.
I have figured out how to get the answer to the box in the lower center.
Add both numbers on the edges (top left edge + top right edge, and lower left edge + lower right edge), then subtract the smaller number from the bigger.
In the examples:
(1.) 1+9 = 10
4+7 = 11

11-10 = 1

(2.) 2+8 = 10
5+6 = 11

11-10 = 1

That's how they got the "1" in the middle boxes below.

1 Like

Re: Who Can Solve This Primary School Quantitative Question Given To My Cousin by Olammy76(m): 11:31am On Apr 04, 2020
Humanoid01:

Yeah, I know.
I have figured out how to get the answer to the box in the middle below.
Add both numbers on the edges, then subtract the smaller number from the bigger.
In the examples:
(1.) 1+9 = 10
4+7 = 11

11-10 = 1

(2.) 2+8 = 10
5+6 = 11

11-10 = 1

That's how they got the "1" in the middle boxes below.
It's not correct please, it doesn't work for exercise 3.

1 Like

Re: Who Can Solve This Primary School Quantitative Question Given To My Cousin by Humanoid01(m): 11:33am On Apr 04, 2020
For the box on the lower right, add the numbers on the top edges, subtract the number on in the lower center from the number on the lower left edge. After that, subtract the smaller number from the bigger one.

In the examples:

(1). 1+9 = 10
4-1 = 3

10-3 = 7

(2). 2+8 = 10
5-1 = 4

10-4 = 6

That's how they got the "7" and "6" in the right edges below in examples 1 and 2 respectively.

1 Like

Re: Who Can Solve This Primary School Quantitative Question Given To My Cousin by Humanoid01(m): 11:36am On Apr 04, 2020
Olammy76:
But it worked for both examples 1 and 2. If the same process works two times with different numbers, then it's definitely correct.

Lol do you understand the explanation?

1 Like

Re: Who Can Solve This Primary School Quantitative Question Given To My Cousin by Humanoid01(m): 11:40am On Apr 04, 2020
Olammy76:
If you want, I can solve the exercises and send them to you.
Re: Who Can Solve This Primary School Quantitative Question Given To My Cousin by Humanoid01(m): 11:44am On Apr 04, 2020
I think some figures in the exercises are wrong.
Re: Who Can Solve This Primary School Quantitative Question Given To My Cousin by Olammy76(m): 11:56am On Apr 04, 2020
Humanoid01:
I think some figures in the exercises are wrong.
I'm working on a solution now please, give me some minutes
Re: Who Can Solve This Primary School Quantitative Question Given To My Cousin by Humanoid01(m): 12:04pm On Apr 04, 2020
For the box in the top left, add both numbers on the lower edges together, add the number in the top center to the number at the top right, then subtract the smaller number from the bigger one.

In the examples:

(1). 4+7 = 11
3+9 = 12

12-11 = 1

(2). 5+6 = 11
8+5 = 13

13-11 = 2.

1 Like

Re: Who Can Solve This Primary School Quantitative Question Given To My Cousin by Admiral49(m): 1:56pm On Apr 04, 2020
He
Re: Who Can Solve This Primary School Quantitative Question Given To My Cousin by Mrshape: 2:22pm On Apr 04, 2020
Have it been solved?
Re: Who Can Solve This Primary School Quantitative Question Given To My Cousin by Olammy76(m): 2:28pm On Apr 04, 2020
Mrshape:
Have it been solved?
yes

3 Likes

Re: Who Can Solve This Primary School Quantitative Question Given To My Cousin by NIJJAking(m): 4:10pm On Apr 04, 2020
Thunder fire all my math teachers for disturbing my young tender brain with senseless, purposeless and tormenting jargons like this rubbish. Honestly I was severely traumatized both psychologically and physiologically by such maths equations that serves no use to my present life. Educationists should help our future generations not to pass through the pains we endured in maths by removing all this inconsequential topics out of students curriculum. I have sympathy for generations yet to be born. Mathematics is a tormentor.

3 Likes

Re: Who Can Solve This Primary School Quantitative Question Given To My Cousin by RubiesBanking: 4:25pm On Apr 04, 2020
Olammy76:
yes

He must have been given a clue to get it grin
Re: Who Can Solve This Primary School Quantitative Question Given To My Cousin by Aohnn: 4:32pm On Apr 04, 2020
Your head is there.. very correct.
Olammy76:
yes
Re: Who Can Solve This Primary School Quantitative Question Given To My Cousin by Emmyjb(m): 6:27pm On Apr 04, 2020
Why did you asked him to go and read for 1 hour.... You are the person that bought trouble...
Re: Who Can Solve This Primary School Quantitative Question Given To My Cousin by Humanoid01(m): 10:01pm On Apr 04, 2020
NIJJAking:
Thunder fire all my math teachers for disturbing my young tender brain with senseless, purposeless and tormenting jargons like this rubbish. Honestly I was severely traumatized both psychologically and physiologically by such maths equations that serves no use to my present life. Educationists should help our future generations not to pass through the pains we endured in maths by removing all this inconsequential topics out of students curriculum. I have sympathy for generations yet to be born. Mathematics is a tormentor.
I was even going to ask the OP if that school was for special kids (Kids with very high IQ).
Re: Who Can Solve This Primary School Quantitative Question Given To My Cousin by YungMillionaire: 10:23pm On Apr 04, 2020
shocked shocked
Re: Who Can Solve This Primary School Quantitative Question Given To My Cousin by josh1st(m): 11:34pm On Apr 04, 2020
Example 1:- (4*7) - (1*9) = 19

19 / (3+1) = 4 remainder 3

Note:- The remainder is the answer.

Example 2:- (5*6) - (2*cool = 14

14 / (5+1) = 2 remainder 2

Note:- Also, the remainder is the
answer.

1 Like

Re: Who Can Solve This Primary School Quantitative Question Given To My Cousin by BrutusOj(m): 12:07am On Apr 05, 2020
Olammy76:
yes
There are several ways of solving numerical problems such as the one above. @humanoid01 solved the two examples and you said he wasn't correct. You did even check his work before marking him bad, you go be bad teacher oo.
Re: Who Can Solve This Primary School Quantitative Question Given To My Cousin by oladele239(m): 10:20am On Apr 05, 2020
Very simple
Re: Who Can Solve This Primary School Quantitative Question Given To My Cousin by Olammy76(m): 7:43am On Apr 06, 2020
RubiesBanking:

He must have been given a clue to get it grin
definitely, but it was just a clue, non of them was actually correct, I came up with the correct one my self.
Re: Who Can Solve This Primary School Quantitative Question Given To My Cousin by Olammy76(m): 7:44am On Apr 06, 2020
Humanoid01:

I was even going to ask the OP if that school was for special kids (Kids with very high IQ).
Not at all, that's how quantitative is right from time, I remember when I was in primary school, sometimes no one solved my assignments correctly on quantitative.
Re: Who Can Solve This Primary School Quantitative Question Given To My Cousin by Olammy76(m): 7:45am On Apr 06, 2020
BrutusOj:
There are several ways of solving numerical problems such as the one above. @humanoid01 solved the two examples and you said he wasn't correct. You did even check his work before marking him bad, you go be bad teacher oo.
it doesn't work for all the exercise sir, he acknowledged it.
Re: Who Can Solve This Primary School Quantitative Question Given To My Cousin by Mastercraft(m): 4:24am On Apr 13, 2023
This is just simple Multiplication rule
For Example:
For number one
1. 1 1 3 x 5 = 5 6 5
Box: 6

(1) (Reply)

Ebonyi State University In Pictures / Pre-degree Form / The Federal Poly Ado Part Time Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.