Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,712 members, 7,805,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:42 AM

No Licence For 5G Network In Nigeria –FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Licence For 5G Network In Nigeria –FG (47955 Views)

APC Group Hits Pdp,says Opposition No Licence For Pedestrian Propaganda / Visa Ban: Don’t Disrespect Nigeria, FG Tells US, UK / Sabo Nanono: There Is No Hunger In Nigeria – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Licence For 5G Network In Nigeria –FG by themomentng: 4:06pm On Apr 04, 2020
FG clarifies position on 5G deployment

…says It would Act on Informed Decision

The Federal government says no license has so far been issued for 5G deployment in the country. In a statement issued on Saturday by the Spokesperson to the minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Mrs. Uwa Suleiman, the minister said he was worried by the public concern about the health implications of the deployment of the Fifth Generation Mobile Networks (5G) in Nigeria and affirmed that the National Frequency Management Council (NFMC), of which he is the chairman had not deliberated on or released any bulk frequency spectrum for the deployment of 5G in Nigeria.

The minister maintained that no license has been issued for the deployment of 5G anywhere in the country, as the ministry is currently at the stage of studying and reporting the a 3-month study trial conducted by the ministry is ongoing.

The study, according to the statement, was sequel to a directive by the minister to the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) on 25th November, 2019 to ensure that a team of experts, security agencies and other stakeholders fully participate in the trial process.

The statement reads in part: ‘'The attention of my office has been drawn to the public concern about the health implications of the deployment of Fifth Generation Mobile Networks (5G) in Nigeria. Based on available records at my office and the earlier report received from the regulator.

‘’I would like to clarify as follows that: the National Frequency Management Council (NFMC), of which I am the Chairman, has not deliberated on or released any bulk frequency spectrum for the deployment of 5G; no license has been issued for the deployment of 5G in the country.

‘‘A 3-month study trial commenced on the 25th of November, 2019 in order to critically review and study the health and security implications of deploying 5G in Nigeria; as part of the study trial process, I directed the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) to ensure that a team of experts, security agencies and other stakeholders fully participate in the trial process and my office also invited these agencies to participate in the trial; and ‘‘The trial process has been concluded and the study and reporting process is currently ongoing.’’

For Pantami, President Muhammadu Buhari, places a premium on the welfare, health and security of Nigerians, insisting that he would not allow his desires for technological advancement at the expense of the health and welfare of our citizens. He noted that government will not act on speculations only, but rather take an informed decision on 5G after due consultation with experts and the public.

While thanking the general public for reaching out to the ministry on this issue, he assured them that government will always take the welfare, health and security of the public into account while considering the deployment of any technology.

‘‘I have also directed the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), to engage citizens on any questions or concerns they may have regarding 5G,’’ the minister said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/04/fg-clarifies-position-on-5g-deployment/amp/

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Licence For 5G Network In Nigeria –FG by Ivimilly: 4:07pm On Apr 04, 2020
grin grin grin
No be the same China wey one give Una loan they champion the 5G...... PIKIN WEY DEY FIND PARTY RICE NO SUPPOSE THEY FEAR DANCE.
A stupid government is elected by stupid people

216 Likes 15 Shares

Re: No Licence For 5G Network In Nigeria –FG by Precious4real50(f): 4:09pm On Apr 04, 2020
cheesy grin

I still remain Ada ogwashi cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Licence For 5G Network In Nigeria –FG by Nobody: 4:10pm On Apr 04, 2020
This one that has beards that look like mosquitoes is actually heading a government parastatal or a religious cult?

110 Likes 8 Shares

Re: No Licence For 5G Network In Nigeria –FG by NaijaRoyalty(m): 4:11pm On Apr 04, 2020
Believe this lying government at your own peril

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Licence For 5G Network In Nigeria –FG by Duru9(m): 4:14pm On Apr 04, 2020
Noted
Re: No Licence For 5G Network In Nigeria –FG by LibertyRep: 4:15pm On Apr 04, 2020
Do people truly believe this 5G rumor?

18 Likes

Re: No Licence For 5G Network In Nigeria –FG by chiefolododo(m): 4:16pm On Apr 04, 2020
G
Re: No Licence For 5G Network In Nigeria –FG by APCNig: 4:17pm On Apr 04, 2020
LibertyRep:
Do people truly believe this 5G rumor?

IPOB miscreants really do

59 Likes 9 Shares

Re: No Licence For 5G Network In Nigeria –FG by APCNig: 4:17pm On Apr 04, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
Believe this lying government at your own peril

Should we believe a lazy lying youth like you?

43 Likes 7 Shares

Re: No Licence For 5G Network In Nigeria –FG by APCNig: 4:18pm On Apr 04, 2020
Vortex369:
This one that has beards that look like mosquitoes is actually heading a government parastatal or a religious cult?

He has a PhD in Computer Networks from Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen. What is your highest qualification? OND or NCE from your village college?

244 Likes 27 Shares

Re: No Licence For 5G Network In Nigeria –FG by rusep: 4:19pm On Apr 04, 2020
Vortex369:

Haba! how can a woman talk like this. What wrong with his beards or religion. Please let us not degenerate to this level.

50 Likes 7 Shares

Re: No Licence For 5G Network In Nigeria –FG by Nbote(m): 4:21pm On Apr 04, 2020
D FG is as stupid as those who believe corona virus is related to 5G coverage

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Licence For 5G Network In Nigeria –FG by princemillla(m): 4:43pm On Apr 04, 2020
No wahala let's see ow it goes
Re: No Licence For 5G Network In Nigeria –FG by rusher14: 4:43pm On Apr 04, 2020
APCNig:

He has a PhD in Computer Networks from Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen. What is your highest qualification? OND or NCE from your village college?

Oga have mercy.

81 Likes 10 Shares

Re: No Licence For 5G Network In Nigeria –FG by Nobody: 4:59pm On Apr 04, 2020
APCNig:

No PhD holder in Computer Networks look like a lunatic in a religious garb. Seems he prefers the Mosques to Office.

58 Likes 9 Shares

Re: No Licence For 5G Network In Nigeria –FG by Ivimilly: 5:03pm On Apr 04, 2020
APCNig:

If you had an OND or NCE Diploma, you wouldn't have this miserable job that mandates you to come online and make a fool of yourself

114 Likes 6 Shares

Re: No Licence For 5G Network In Nigeria –FG by helinues: 5:05pm On Apr 04, 2020
Sauce and curry
Re: No Licence For 5G Network In Nigeria –FG by helinues: 5:07pm On Apr 04, 2020
Ivimilly:

If you had an OND or NCE Diploma, you wouldn't have this miserable job that mandates you to come online and make a fool of yourself

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Licence For 5G Network In Nigeria –FG by otokx(m): 5:12pm On Apr 04, 2020
There is no smoke without fire, nothing should be taken for granted.

There is something cool

4 Likes

Re: No Licence For 5G Network In Nigeria –FG by GamalNasser: 5:47pm On Apr 04, 2020
Means a test bed is already running in some building in Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Licence For 5G Network In Nigeria –FG by hakeemhakeem(m): 5:47pm On Apr 04, 2020
Nbote:
D FG is as stupid as those who believe corona virus is related to 5G coverage

Fg quickly gave response based on rumors going round now you abuse when they didn't abuse

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Licence For 5G Network In Nigeria –FG by otokx(m): 6:21pm On Apr 04, 2020
GamalNasser:
Means a test bed is already running in some building in Nigeria

Information available online shows it was clearly tested in Abuja last year at a ceremony, it appears tests were also done in Lagos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Licence For 5G Network In Nigeria –FG by Lanretoye(m): 6:30pm On Apr 04, 2020
This rumor about 5g is getting real
Re: No Licence For 5G Network In Nigeria –FG by limeta(f): 6:30pm On Apr 04, 2020
Na quota system mallam bi this o
Boko haram kinspin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Licence For 5G Network In Nigeria –FG by APCNig: 6:33pm On Apr 04, 2020
Ivimilly:

I have a Masters degree in Computer and Information Technology. I think I fuccked up by arguing with Primary school drop outs.

56 Likes 7 Shares

Re: No Licence For 5G Network In Nigeria –FG by APCNig: 6:33pm On Apr 04, 2020
Vortex369:

No PhD holder in Computer Networks looks like lunatic in religious garb. Seems he prefers the Mosques to Office.

Check this out.

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: No Licence For 5G Network In Nigeria –FG by miteolu(m): 6:45pm On Apr 04, 2020
Is 5G next issue?

2 Likes

Re: No Licence For 5G Network In Nigeria –FG by Ivimilly: 6:54pm On Apr 04, 2020
APCNig:

I have a Masters degree in Computer and Information Technology. I think I fuccked up by arguing with Primary school drop outs.
Then you should be ashamed of yourself in short you need to tender an unreserved apology to your sponsors and all the lecturers that lectured you, your department and the university at large because you must be the possible worst case scenario to ever come out of the university.

Not that I believe your audio Kpali anyways cheesy

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: No Licence For 5G Network In Nigeria –FG by Salvador1: 6:54pm On Apr 04, 2020
Tomorrow now they say another thing

We know them

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Licence For 5G Network In Nigeria –FG by APCNig: 7:21pm On Apr 04, 2020
Ivimilly:

Then you should be ashamed of yourself in short you need to tender an unreserved apology to your sponsors and all the lecturers that lectured you, your department and the university at large because you must be the possible worst case scenario to ever come out of the university.

Not that I believe your audio Kpali anyways cheesy

I need to see your certificate if mental fitness because you are showing early symptoms of psychiatric disorders and hallucinations.

19 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Edo Youths Protest Against SARS In Front Of Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) / Cyril Oshiomhole Contesting For House Of Reps In Edo (Photo) / Saraki Reacts As Court Orders The Forfeiture Of His Properties In Ikoyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.