Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

Making Your Child Compete Academically With The Best. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Making Your Child Compete Academically With The Best. (300 Views)

Don't Relent Academically, My Short Experience. / Girls Are More Smarter Than Boys: The Do Better Academically. / How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Making Your Child Compete Academically With The Best. by Kakaakinews: 6:10pm On Apr 04, 2020
Making your child compete academically with the best.
- Weekly Child Guide with Moradeke Otegbola, Visioner, MO Foundation.

Apparently, its the duty of all parents to give the best to their child(ren) irrespective of their financial status. Following some guides and not neglecting the rudiments will by far give that child the best of education irrespective of the school such child is enrolled into.

Read carefully as I take you through some essentials of helping your child(ren) grow to compete with the best across the world.

The early childhood of human development Starts from birth to Eight years, the stage that the parents or guardian have a lot of role to play. Because these are very important development stages which the children are designed to contribute to their overall development.

During the Childhood Development most children learn thorough fun activities or play. Taking a view on the current research works of child development researchers, the first eight years of life is the period of human development where major brain development occurs.

As a result, nutrition, human interaction, and education during these years greatly impact a child's brain development.

Poor nutrition and quality education; especially lack of playing time and activity based education can negatively impact the child's brain development.

Therefore, the early education a child receives can have lasting effects throughout their lifetime.

Accordingly, since research has shown that early childhood brain development can be linked to their education performance, it is the obligation of the Parents, at the early stages, to start educating their child(ren). Abolishing the idea of waiting until they are enrolled to school.

Children who begin to receive education, by making use of their hands and learning about their culture, at the early stage usually experience improved emotional, social and brain development.

More importantly, brain development during these stages in early childhood occurs at high rates, which the parent or guardian have to take a good advantage of by giving them the proper guidance.

Parents should also understand that the first eight ( 8 ) years of their child(ren)'s lives are crucial years for identity development. During these years, children develop a self identity and begin to form relationship. It is recommended that children learn thorough play and activity based education.

Children develop various skills as well.

Play based on learning also aids children in children in developing morals and social skills.

Moreover, have you ever asked yourself the reason why the brain of the rich children and the poor performs at different rates. It is the time invested to help them grow.

Are you ready to invest your time?

Then you have to consider these factors. when bring up a child: When bringing up a child there are some things you have to put in place;

1. You have to communicate with the child frequently.

2. Speak to the child with a sentence not in monosyllables ( not in a word or two).

3. Listen to the child opinions whenever you're talking to him/her.

4. Often allow the child to make decision on what to do.

5. Encourage the child to work on his/her own.

6. Don't hold the child hands too often, allow him or her to use his/her hands creatively.

7. Allow the child to feed him/herself.

8. You don't have make decisions for the child always, just guide.

9. You don't speak for him/her in all situations.

10. Give your child the freedom of expression.

11. You don't blame or comment on every words or actions they say or do.

12. Show respect to his/her privacy.

13. Discuss daily with the child.

14. Don't force the child to do what he/she don't want to do.

15. Create self independent in your child.

Before the next episode, you can send an email for free counselling and guidance.

moradekeadeola997@gmail.com

Re: Making Your Child Compete Academically With The Best. by Oharina(m): 6:33pm On Apr 04, 2020
Nice one, noted!
Re: Making Your Child Compete Academically With The Best. by sisianne: 8:56pm On Apr 04, 2020
Thanks for this insight. It's really an eye opener. Hope to do better as stated here with my daughter.

(1) (Reply)

Covid-19: Edo Govt Organizes Televised Classes For SSCE, NECO Students / How I Started Make Over $10,000 Doing Dropshipping Business After I Graduated / Aston University Global Excellence Scholarship 2020 Is Now Running.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.