Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,707 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:31 PM

Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring (20490 Views)

My Boyfriend Is Boring: Am I Crazy For Wanting To Dump Him? / My Love Life Is Boring!! I Need A Man!!! / Sllow Bobo And Chiamaka Aliba's Pre-Wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by bukatyne(f): 11:54am On Apr 05, 2020
KevinDein:

Somewhere in their hearts they know this and are perfectly fine with it. Heck they encourage it.

Nice thread, @op.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 05, 2020
In as much as I acknowledge the importance Compromise in relationships i.e giving/letting go of some things to make the relationship more enjoyable for your partner, I would never subscribe to changing your being ( who you are) to please anyone (Man or Woman) . If you are a traditional Man, find a traditional Woman (vise versa) If you are a Modern Man go for a Modern Woman (vice versa). Picking a partner who has contrary views of life with the hope of changing him or her is not only foolishness but selfishness as well.
The truth is, there comes a time/stage in a relationship or marriage where the will to impress, endure and satisfy the other partner is strained, and the only thing that keeps the relationship is Compatibility. There comes a time when that spontaneous partner becomes predictable and all you can fall back on to keep the relationship going are the things you share and enjoy doing together until that phase is passed. Never make the mistake of getting involved with someone whose ethical leanings isn't aligned with yours.Thats a disaster waiting to happen.

On Male bestie, lol It's a No for me. Your partner should be your bestie. If you find someone else apart from your partner occupying the space of someone who you share your important moments with, talk to about everything, listen to you and give you shoulders to cry on, protect you , advise you and makes you laugh then you should question the essence of your relationship with that partner. Besties take important places in our lives, they are the ones we share our joy, sorrow, happy times, downs and ups with. Now who is more worthy of this position than our Partners whom we claim to love? If a guy has a female as his bestie, he needs no girlfriend. If a lady has a guy as her bestie she needs no boyfriend because they have their partners in their besties already.

That said, I believe the point op is trying to make is Patience. Don't be too haste to judge a person Since humans are dynamic in nature, it is important to try to understand a person's perspective however it isn't compulsory to always act accordingly to that perspective.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by Nobody: 11:59am On Apr 05, 2020
Designerdollars:
just shut up abeg undecided
All these girls with terrible IQ points sef, if they put your brain in a bird, I'm certain it will fly backwards. undecided
Men and women don't have anything in common to just be "friends" .
All these besties are 99% in most cases beta orbiters hoping to Bleep you someday.
And it's girl's with low self esteem that keep alot of men as friends.
You don't have to be toxic to pass an opposing opinion you know?

So if Men and Women have nothing in common to be just 'friends' how come they have everything in common to be business partners, siblings, helpmate etc? Is it the 'Sex' you fear so much? Lol. Friends don't have sex. Woman and Man can be friends. Just Friends.

3 Likes

Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by Designerdollars: 11:59am On Apr 05, 2020
Women are inferior to men ofcourse they should subjugate themselves.
Even the Bible said so.
Wives respect your husband
Paxie55:
This op is always telling women how to live their lives through subjugation as her only means. When i saw this thread and the moniker, I've already envisaged the type of balderdash i was about to read.

1 Like

Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by bukatyne(f): 12:00pm On Apr 05, 2020
adexpa:
I love this thread not because of the topic but the responses. The arguments here are logical and reasonable. I love what op addressed n everyone has reacted specially on it. My concern is about bestie..... I don't think there should be anyone call bestie aside the guy you claim to be your boyfriend, you can ask n discuss all your concerns n issues with your boyfriend rather than having one bestie that is waiting for a minor misunderstanding between you and your boyfriend to capitalize n take advantage of you.

Thank you.
Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by Paxie55: 12:00pm On Apr 05, 2020
Designerdollars:
Women are inferior to men ofcourse they should subjugate themselves
This human actually wants me to argue with him grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by Romanoff(f): 12:04pm On Apr 05, 2020
xrayj:

Thank u my brother
Don't mind that of a senseless thing!
You didn't see female bestie, it is male bestie u want? It obviously means there are certain qualities lacking in her boyfriend or hubby she wants to complement with d male bestie. This is a good thread by op. Male & female bestie nonsense shouldn't be encourage, it doesn't usually end well.

Birds of a feather obviously flock together. The fact that you're unable to contribute without insults shows you lack the ability to communicate in a civil manner.

3 Likes

Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by xrayj(m): 12:09pm On Apr 05, 2020
Romanoff:

Birds of a feather obviously flock together. The fact that you're unable to contribute without insults shows you lack the ability to communicate in a civil manner.
Till male bestie show u something...be shouting male bestie up & down! What happens to female bestie?? I pity u!

11 Likes

Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by COVIK19: 12:11pm On Apr 05, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

I'm that girl. I'm in my twenties and I want to date as little guys as possible before marriage but I don't see how two people who are on different sides of the spectrum can be compatible. Being ready for marriage does not involve toning down flexing. I've seen couples who are as flamboyant as ever marry each other. I've also seen a couple who weren't very social marry. A flamboyant lady and a 'boring' guy won't work out well. That's my point.
So as you dey like this so, you like Owambe? wink
Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by Bayokun(m): 12:12pm On Apr 05, 2020
Making opposite sex as your bestie is wrong, unless you do not value your relationship..

Same thing applies to the school father ish.....

3 Likes

Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by Nobody: 12:14pm On Apr 05, 2020
Romanoff:
I was okay with all you said until I saw the male bestie part and then, some of your comments made it look like a woman can't have a life just cause she's hoping to get married.

A woman can have a male bestie and it will be a pure friendship. Any man who can't handle a woman who has a male beat friend should just leave her alone and go for one who doesn't.

Why should a woman throw her friendship away because of relationship that might end tomorrow.

Instead of controlling the crowd she moves with, why not look around for a woman who flows with your kind of crowd?

This kind of thinking makes it looks like a man should change a woman to suit him.

How about you look for woman that suits you in the first place?

The happening guy verse boring guy part. See ehn, every woman has what she wants in a man. Some like the happening guys and some just want a quiet life.

I've seen these fast life girls marry a boring guy and still want to club why husband is home. I know one sef that left her baby at home while her husband travelled so she could go clubbing.

Just have the right qualities you want in a partner and date with a purpose. My two cents.

we know people like you... cheats

8 Likes

Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by COVIK19: 12:15pm On Apr 05, 2020
Paxie55:
This op is always telling women how to live their lives through subjugation as her only means. When i saw this thread and the moniker, I've already envisaged the type of balderdash i was about to read.
If you completely read that Post and you think it’s balderdash then, you either have comprehension issues, having a bad day, or you just decide to be ignorant

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by Nobody: 12:16pm On Apr 05, 2020
So basically the only thing that worries the Nigerian guys on Male bestie is the " Sex" that may likely happen not the emotional detachment, psychological replacement or being subjected to second place in the hearts of their Partners. It's just the "Sex" grin grin

Interesting.

3 Likes

Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by xrayj(m): 12:17pm On Apr 05, 2020
Paxie55:
@bold because the op doesn't preach the things u want to hear, it is baldersdash? This thread is for young ladies like u, looking for that "happening guy". After your lives has been shattered & ruined by that happening guy & that male bestie has dumped one baby inside of u, u come back looking for the boring guy with one baby. U people never learn! cheesy

15 Likes

Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by xrayj(m): 12:18pm On Apr 05, 2020
Ariza:
So basically the only thing that worries the Nigerian guys on Male bestie is the " Sex" that may likely happen not the emotional detachment, psychological replacement or being subjected to second place in the hearts of their Partners. It's just the "Sex" grin grin

Interesting.

Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by COVIK19: 12:19pm On Apr 05, 2020
Ariza:
You don't have to be toxic to pass an opposing opinion you know?

So if Men and Women have nothing in common to be just 'friends' how come they have everything in common to be business partners, siblings, helpmate etc? Is it the 'Sex' you fear so much? Lol. Friends don't have sex. Woman and Man can be friends. Just Friends.
The OP clearly pointed out the difference b/w ‘a male friend’ and ‘a male bestie’. We both know these are different

1 Like

Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by COVIK19: 12:20pm On Apr 05, 2020
Ariza:

Interesting.

Why go through all that in the first place if you’re in a serious relationship? That’s what the OP is trying to point out
Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by bukatyne(f): 12:20pm On Apr 05, 2020
cococandy:

Or... hear me out.

that version of yourself is perfect for him hence the attraction in the first place.
Sometimes it’s not complicated smiley

I’m assuming he’s a mature man who can immediately identify the characteristics he likes and follows them.

There is no perfect person and while we like the template, there would be one or two things either party doesn't like. As you both grow, there would also be things that person develops that you prune or tweak as they surface. There are things the person starts liking.

E.g.:

You meet a 20yr old guy in 200L he wears Jeans and top always. When you both grow more and he gets a job, you might not like the work dresscode he develops and you tweak his dressing. He might develop the habit of wearing a pair of socks for a week and you tweak him to wearing a fresh pair everyday.

A guy meets an 18yr old who just started putting on trousers or making up. The guys says this style of trousers doesn't suit you, this one, I don't like it. This red lipstick is too loud or the shade doesn't fit you. This crazy jeans is too crazy bla bla bla.

I have seen it play over and over again hence the 'men change in marriage.'

Anybody who doesn't complain or tell you what they want is either pretending or not planning long term with you. I will say it anywhere.

Now, a guy who is wealthy enough to change this girl wardrobe one week at a time is doing same as the guy who says 'I prefer dresses on you.'

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by Romanoff(f): 12:21pm On Apr 05, 2020
xrayj:

Till male bestie show u something...be shouting male bestie up & down! What happens to female bestie?? I pity u!

Pity yourself first sir with this thinking that all men, yourself inclusive, can't be trusted.
Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by bukatyne(f): 12:21pm On Apr 05, 2020
Odunharry:
Hmmm

Spill it out.
Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by bukatyne(f): 12:22pm On Apr 05, 2020
GreatResearcher:
Educate them on how to bring something to the table.
Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by Nobody: 12:22pm On Apr 05, 2020
COVIK19:

The OP clearly pointed out the difference b/w ‘a male friend’ and ‘a male bestie’. We both know these are different
Sir, the post I quoted and laid emphasis on says.. 'Men and Women have nothing in common to be just "friends". Designer stated that.

Please read with understanding.

2 Likes

Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by xrayj(m): 12:22pm On Apr 05, 2020
Bayokun:
Making opposite sex as your bestie is wrong, unless you do not value your relationship..

Same thing applies to the school father ish.....
Only cheats engage in such!
Your bestie should be restricted to your gender!

2 Likes

Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by Romanoff(f): 12:23pm On Apr 05, 2020
Kingjebba:
we know people like you... cheats

We also know people like you, always showing their machismo.

1 Like

Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by Nobody: 12:24pm On Apr 05, 2020
This op and toks should have married. They think they are wise and have manual for relationships and marriage. Crap

3 Likes

Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by bukatyne(f): 12:25pm On Apr 05, 2020
Afriifa:
You know, until now, I have wondered if there could be any lady who could acknowledge my exact personality succinctly like you have done..
Please, permit me to appreciate you: "You're a valuable treasure".
I have referred my lady to this post.
I hope she assimilates all you have been trying to relay.

Thank you.

I hope your lady assimilates it. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by xrayj(m): 12:26pm On Apr 05, 2020
Romanoff:

Pity yourself first sir with this thinking that all men, yourself inclusive, can't be trusted.
We men don't need your fvcking trust undecided
Only your partner deserves your trust!
Why the fvck would u wanna keep male bestie when u have a partner?? Is female bestie not enough? Like op clearly stated, male friend is different from male bestie, don't mix it up!

8 Likes

Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by Nobody: 12:26pm On Apr 05, 2020
COVIK19:

Why go through all that in the first place if you’re in a serious relationship? That’s what the OP is trying to point out
Sigh.....
In my post, I wondered why the major concern for a Nigerian guy is about the "sex" that may likely happen with Male bestie. And not other things that may happen like detachment etc as mentioned in the post you quoted.
Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by Designerdollars: 12:27pm On Apr 05, 2020
I'm telling you bro grin
The guys they really want end up using them as cum rags.
I have one in my house now, in her mind she thinks she has found husband. grin
Me wey no even dey reason marriage now.
I'm just enjoying the sex she provides.
I'm sure if I no propose in the next two years,
She will get the hint and quit the relationship.
Girl's can be so dumb.
Chasing men that don't really want them because he is "exciting" grin
They think it's every guy with money that will sacrifice bachelorhood to be with them. grin

I love my current lifestyle and I'm not ready to sacrifice it for any woman.
Make we dey dey Bleep ourselves dey go.
Shebi nah 'excitement' you want grin
xrayj:

@bold because the op doesn't preach the things u want to hear, it is baldersdash? This thread is for young ladies like u, looking for that "happening guy". After your lives has been shattered & ruined by that happening guy & that male bestie has dumped one baby inside of u, u come back looking for the boring guy with one baby. U people never learn! cheesy

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by xrayj(m): 12:29pm On Apr 05, 2020
Kekereekun123:
This op and toks should have married. They think they are wise and have manual for relationships and marriage. Crap
Unless u are not being honest
Their threads are logical & unbiased to a very large extent!

3 Likes

Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by xrayj(m): 12:34pm On Apr 05, 2020
Designerdollars:
I'm telling you bro grin
The guys they really want end up using them as cum rags.
I have one in my house now, in her mind she thinks she has found husband. grin
Me wey no even dey reason marriage now.
I'm just enjoying the sex she provides.
I'm sure if I no propose in the next two years she
She will get the hint and quit the relationship.
Girl's can be so dumb.
Chasing men that don't really want them because he is "exciting" grin
They think it's every guy with money that will sacrifice bachelorhood to be with them. grin
Hahahaha @bold

7 Likes

Re: Sisi Mi, Before You Say That Bobo Is Boring by Paxie55: 12:36pm On Apr 05, 2020
xrayj:

Please, shut up.
You don't just see someone on the net and draw out a baseless conclusion. I'm even into boring guys more. I have my man well reserved. All I'm saying is that she's on this habit of always telling women how to live their lives for nitwits and dumb idiots as if her life is perfect.

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ladies: Can You Marry A Guy Who Is Still Living With His Mother? / Can I Touch Your Peniss Without Being Penetrated ? / Curvy South African Model, Cocoriana Poses Completely Nude As She Embraces

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.