Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,632 members, 7,801,822 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

My Newly Bought Puppy Doesn't Eat, I Don't Know Why... - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My Newly Bought Puppy Doesn't Eat, I Don't Know Why... (2624 Views)

My 3 Months Old Puppy Doesn't Eat,vomits And It's Stool Is Watery / My Dog Kept Barking At Me Don't Know Until I Goggled This / Please Rate My Newly Bought Caucasian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Newly Bought Puppy Doesn't Eat, I Don't Know Why... by sam121(m): 9:14pm On Apr 04, 2020
I bought a sweet brown German rott puppy today and since morning it has refused to eat anything. I have spent whole lot of money buying all sort of feed, both Can beef, diamond biscuits, milk soybean etc. Yet it won't eat anyone presented to him. Am just exhausting my patience. Please guys I need an advice on what to do next. I don't just want to lose this puppy...

Thank you guys for viewing through...
Re: My Newly Bought Puppy Doesn't Eat, I Don't Know Why... by daddytime(m): 9:15pm On Apr 04, 2020
E dey see you as Covid19. E no trust you.

Return am go collect your money back.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Newly Bought Puppy Doesn't Eat, I Don't Know Why... by dawnomike(m): 9:19pm On Apr 04, 2020
It us due to the change of environment... Give your puppy some time to come to terms with the change.
Didn't give up on your pup

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Newly Bought Puppy Doesn't Eat, I Don't Know Why... by EkoErrands: 9:23pm On Apr 04, 2020
sam121:
I bought a sweet brown German rott puppy today and since morning it has refused to eat anything. I have spent whole lot of money buying all sort of feed, both Can beef, diamond biscuits, milk soybean etc. Yet it won't eat anyone presented to him. Am just exhausting my patience. Please guys I need an advice on what to do next. I don't just want to lose this puppy...

Number 1 all the food you listed up there don't sound like dog food. Get canned dog food, even if your dog has worms it cant resist dog food in a can. It will still throw up the canned food after eating it but at least you will know its worm disturbing it

Then get a vet to deworm the dog that's the problem.
Re: My Newly Bought Puppy Doesn't Eat, I Don't Know Why... by sam121(m): 9:30pm On Apr 04, 2020
Bros abeg this one no be joke matter, I need a real advise to save this puppy...

daddytime:
E dey see you as Covid19. E no trust you.

Return am go collect your money back.
Re: My Newly Bought Puppy Doesn't Eat, I Don't Know Why... by scoundrel(f): 9:32pm On Apr 04, 2020
diamond biscuits, milk soybean
What in the? Get that dumb animal some proper dog food. If you can get on Nairaland you can also use Google. Find out what dogs eat.
Re: My Newly Bought Puppy Doesn't Eat, I Don't Know Why... by zoeA: 9:33pm On Apr 04, 2020
Get this Ebook... Just N500

1 Like

Re: My Newly Bought Puppy Doesn't Eat, I Don't Know Why... by sam121(m): 9:34pm On Apr 04, 2020
Bro, I bought a pup can food, I can send the pic to you...

EkoErrands:

Number 1 all the food you listed up there don't sound like dog food. Get canned dog food, even if your dog has worms it cant resist dog food in a can. It will still throw up the canned food after eating it but at least you will know its worm disturbing it

Then get a vet to deworm the dog that's the problem.

Re: My Newly Bought Puppy Doesn't Eat, I Don't Know Why... by sam121(m): 9:44pm On Apr 04, 2020
Please if you know the best dog feeds, please tell a brother here, I wouldn't mind driving into town now to get them for my little pup...

scoundrel:

What in the? Get that dumb animal some proper dog food. If you can get on Nairaland you can also use Google. Find out what dogs eat.
Re: My Newly Bought Puppy Doesn't Eat, I Don't Know Why... by Shekoniadebayo: 9:48pm On Apr 04, 2020
sam121:

It’s change of environment all my dogs did the same thing when I got them, and which one is Diamond biscuit?? Or you mean Diamond dog food I don’t understand
Re: My Newly Bought Puppy Doesn't Eat, I Don't Know Why... by sam121(m): 10:08pm On Apr 04, 2020
Please i pray it's change of environment. Because right i can't just sleep. Yeah..it's diamond dog food..

Shekoniadebayo:

It’s change of environment all my dogs did the same thing when I got them, and which one is Diamond biscuit?? Or you mean Diamond dog food I don’t understand
Re: My Newly Bought Puppy Doesn't Eat, I Don't Know Why... by scoundrel(f): 10:13pm On Apr 04, 2020
sam121:
Please if you know the best dog feeds, please tell a brother here, I wouldn't mind driving into town now to get them for my little pup...

It depends on where you stay. In any city you can easily visit a supermarket and ask the attendants, they’ll show you their offerings. Off the top of my head Pedigree is a brand I’m familiar with. I don’t have a dog, however I’m familiar with packs of the product in almost every mall I visit.
Re: My Newly Bought Puppy Doesn't Eat, I Don't Know Why... by EkoErrands: 10:24pm On Apr 04, 2020
sam121:
Bro, I bought a pup can food, I can send the pic to you...

Ok then I think what the other poster said about new environment is likely the cause ...
Re: My Newly Bought Puppy Doesn't Eat, I Don't Know Why... by Nobody: 10:51pm On Apr 04, 2020
It's the change of environment, my dogs all did that when I brought them home. Leave the pup to gradually adapt to its new home.

You can put the food and keep water too besides it. When it gets really hungry, it will go and eat the food. Don't be surprised if you wake up tomorrow and see an empty and cleanly licked food plate.

2 Likes

Re: My Newly Bought Puppy Doesn't Eat, I Don't Know Why... by sam121(m): 11:40pm On Apr 04, 2020
Thank you so much bro...at least am bit ok now...I just can't sleep, this pup has really given me a restless night...

Bubewilson:
It's
the change of environment, my dogs all did that when I brought them home. Leave the pup to gradually adapt to its new home.

You can put the food and keep water too besides it. When it gets really hungry, it will go and eat the food. Don't be surprised if you wake up tomorrow and see an empty and cleanly liked food plate.

1 Like

Re: My Newly Bought Puppy Doesn't Eat, I Don't Know Why... by Shekoniadebayo: 1:21am On Apr 05, 2020
sam121:
Please i pray it's change of environment. Because right i can't just sleep. Yeah..it's diamond dog food..

Nothing to worry about once the dog gets a bit use to the new environment it will eat
Re: My Newly Bought Puppy Doesn't Eat, I Don't Know Why... by Shekoniadebayo: 1:30am On Apr 05, 2020
Bubewilson:

You can put the food and keep water too besides it. When it gets really hungry, it will go and eat the food. Don't be surprised if you wake up tomorrow and see an empty and cleanly liked food plate.

Well said grin

1 Like

Re: My Newly Bought Puppy Doesn't Eat, I Don't Know Why... by Geepee77(m): 2:47am On Apr 05, 2020
sam121:

You will not loose the puppy, it's change of environment. First of all deworm the puppy, try and look for chicken intestines or fish intestines, cook it and mixed with the food. Also melt the diamond puppy food with water and mixed with the intestines, he must eat it. Buy multivitamin too to boost his appetite. After all said and done, if he doesn't it, then force feed him pap with plenty milk for like 2 days to regain strength.
Re: My Newly Bought Puppy Doesn't Eat, I Don't Know Why... by Gabrokpara001(m): 6:12am On Apr 05, 2020
sam121:

Well I guess I saw this late...you have been given the answer to your predicament by experienced dog lovers.. it's normal for a puppy to reject food due to it's new environment don't loose patient

Maybe you can send us a pic of the pup
Re: My Newly Bought Puppy Doesn't Eat, I Don't Know Why... by TomorrowToday: 1:51pm On Apr 05, 2020
Geepee77:

You will not loose the puppy, it's change of environment. First of all deworm the puppy, try and look for chicken intestines or fish intestines, cook it and mixed with the food. Also melt the diamond puppy food with water and mixed with the intestines, he must eat it. Buy multivitamin too to boost his appetite. After all said and done, if he doesn't it, then force feed him pap with plenty milk for like 2 days to regain strength.
Which type of multivitamin do u recommend pls and how is it administered?
Re: My Newly Bought Puppy Doesn't Eat, I Don't Know Why... by Geepee77(m): 7:40pm On Apr 05, 2020
TomorrowToday:
Which type of multivitamin do u recommend pls and how is it administered?
I use Pet booster multivitamin tablets. It's 2 types, one with 100 capsules and the other with 50 capsules. But you can go to any vet and buy a good multivitamin tablets or syrup. It's one daily, but I'm giving my puppy 2 daily.
Re: My Newly Bought Puppy Doesn't Eat, I Don't Know Why... by sam121(m): 11:24pm On Apr 05, 2020
I bought chicken intestines today, cooked it and gave it to my puppy, lo and behold, he pounced on it like he hasn't eaten for ages. Though I gave him large quantity which he finished and licked his plate.
Nevertheless, this evening, I mixed the intestines with noodles, he sniffed the mixture and refused to eat. I tried giving him the intestines alone, yet he wouldn't eat but was busy drinking water till now.
Though a friend told me, the pup overfed himself, that's why he can't eat.
Please I need other suggestions in feeding my pup.
Thank you guys for your help.

1 Like

Re: My Newly Bought Puppy Doesn't Eat, I Don't Know Why... by xana101: 10:21am On Apr 06, 2020
May God bless u @sam121 at this Coro time u still get worried that ur dog no eat.
Re: My Newly Bought Puppy Doesn't Eat, I Don't Know Why... by wizi44(m): 11:01am On Apr 06, 2020
xana101:
May God bless u @sam121 at this Coro time u still get worried that ur dog no eat.
so the dog he bought with his hard earned money should not eat because of coro

1 Like

Re: My Newly Bought Puppy Doesn't Eat, I Don't Know Why... by TomorrowToday: 3:49pm On Apr 08, 2020
Okay, thanks. Like how much do they sell the type you use?
Geepee77:
I use Pet booster multivitamin tablets. It's 2 types, one with 100 capsules and the other with 50 capsules. But you can go to any vet and buy a good multivitamin tablets or syrup. It's one daily, but I'm giving my puppy 2 daily.
Re: My Newly Bought Puppy Doesn't Eat, I Don't Know Why... by Geepee77(m): 5:55pm On Apr 08, 2020
TomorrowToday:
Okay, thanks. Like how much do they sell the type you use?

The one I'm using is 3000 and it's 100 capsules.
Re: My Newly Bought Puppy Doesn't Eat, I Don't Know Why... by Geepee77(m): 6:04pm On Apr 08, 2020
sam121:
I bought chicken intestines today, cooked it and gave it to my puppy, lo and behold, he pounced on it like he hasn't eaten for ages. Though I gave him large quantity which he finished and licked his plate.
Nevertheless, this evening, I mixed the intestines with noodles, he sniffed the mixture and refused to eat. I tried giving him the intestines alone, yet he wouldn't eat but was busy drinking water till now.

Continue using the chicken intestines for now, don't worry the puppy will eat, whenever you want to cook the chicken intestines add enough water so you can use the water in cooking the Indomie.
Mind you, go and buy liquid flagyl because diarrhoea(watery stool) might start anytime soon.
Re: My Newly Bought Puppy Doesn't Eat, I Don't Know Why... by TomorrowToday: 3:23pm On Apr 09, 2020
Geepee77:

The one I'm using is 3000 and it's 100 capsules.
Okay
Re: My Newly Bought Puppy Doesn't Eat, I Don't Know Why... by Nicklaus619(m): 4:10pm On Apr 09, 2020
Make sure he had got all his shot, and dewormed then, let him relax and familiarise and try again tomorrow morning,

Dogs can substain hunger, most times dogs do have constipation just like us, so when they are not eating allow them to sleep and reboot, make sure you put glucose Inside his water to stay hydrated.

Then tomorow you Serve him rice with sauced chicken he will eat. cool
Re: My Newly Bought Puppy Doesn't Eat, I Don't Know Why... by Nicklaus619(m): 4:18pm On Apr 09, 2020
sam121:

Dogs has a hyper nasal prowess, it can smell for africa and knows different kinds of smell, how are you cooking the chicken intestine, ?? Make sure you use pepper soup spice but don't add much pepper, don't mix the indomie with the chicken , cook chicken differently with the pepper soup spice and cook indomie differently , dish the indomiee in a bowl and make sure he sees you do this, then add the chicken intestine with the soup water and mix thoroughly, while doing this, toose him an intestine let him taste it to tickle his taste buds,
He will anticipate to devour it, then drop the food for him and watch him do dig in cool
Re: My Newly Bought Puppy Doesn't Eat, I Don't Know Why... by sam121(m): 12:02pm On May 08, 2020
I have really been so busy with hustling and hustling to make ends meet, a friend Advised me to buy dry food(diamond) for my puppy. I went to a vet but couldn't afford the bag which costs approximately 9k. So I bought the 1kg wrapped in a transparent nylon.
Please my petlanders help me confirm if what I have is the real Diamond dry food.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladoum Sheep / My First Time Seeing GSD Mixed With Nigerian Local Dogs / I Don't Have Money But I Need Pet Who Can Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.