Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,709 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

COVID-19: PDP Directs Members To Scale Up Personal Interventions - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19: PDP Directs Members To Scale Up Personal Interventions (14239 Views)

NLC Directs Members To Cripple Activities At CBN Offices Nationwide / Enugu 2023: PDP Directs Adherence To Existing Power Rotation At All Levels In SE / Inconclusive Polls: PDP Directs Members To Besiege INEC Offices Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: PDP Directs Members To Scale Up Personal Interventions by jarawa: 9:58pm On Apr 04, 2020
T[b]he Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has directed its members across the country to intensify their efforts in providing assistance to vulnerable Nigerians in their neighborhood to further mitigate the socio-economic impact of the COVID-19 lockdown directives.[/b] The PDP also asked the federal government to bring in the hands used in winning the battle against the Ebola virus disease as well as commission indigenous manufacturers, especially auto and equipment producers, to concert effort towards production of ventilators and other equipment needed in the fight against the pandemic.

The PDP in a statement on Saturday by its National Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan also called on more Nigerians to join public-spirited individuals and groups in extending assistance to vulnerable citizens in the overall effort to contain and check the spread of the pandemic in the country. The PDP said its call is against the backdrop of the failure of the All Progressives Congress (APC)-led administration “to shelve its greed and corruption and make adequate provisions for social palliatives and other panaceas to Nigerians, despite the immense resources at its disposal.”

Stating that its position is also in line with its manifesto and guiding principles to ensure the security, wellbeing and happiness of all citizens, irrespective of creed, ethnicity and political persuasion, the PDP called on all Nigerians to look beyond primordial considerations and join forces to defeat the virus. “The party therefore urges Nigerians to use this time to further display their spirit of brotherly care by assisting vulnerable persons around them particularly the aged, the unemployed as well as individuals and families whose means of livelihood had been crippled for the restriction directives.

“Furthermore, the PDP laments as worrisome, that at a time as this, the APC and its government would remain lethargic and allow sheer incompetence, greed, avarice and primitive corruption to continue to constrict it into unnecessary parochialism in the handling of effort against the spread of COVID-19 in our country. “Our party also bemoans the lack of accountability and the manifest sleaze in the disbursement of financial palliatives with allegations of diversion of billion of naira to private purses to the detriment of poor Nigerians. Indeed, such is not the way to go,” the PDP said.

“The party therefore urged the Federal Government to be transparent and involve more capable Nigerian medical experts, researchers as well as equipment manufacturers to assist in checking the spread of the pandemic in our country,” the party said.
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/covid-19-pdp-directs-members-to-scale-up-personal-interventions.html

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: PDP Directs Members To Scale Up Personal Interventions by Otunba80: 10:07pm On Apr 04, 2020
Thats why i trust PDP not their members thou but i know they are spenders. Pdp are spenders and corrupt but Apc are very stingy. You will prefer to have a pdp chairman in your party(occasions) than Apc cos they are very stingy

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: PDP Directs Members To Scale Up Personal Interventions by chatinent: 10:22pm On Apr 04, 2020
PDP and APC are the only political parties in Nigeria. Others are mere social groups.

7 Likes

Re: COVID-19: PDP Directs Members To Scale Up Personal Interventions by Doctor2021: 6:32am On Apr 05, 2020
Better
Re: COVID-19: PDP Directs Members To Scale Up Personal Interventions by helinues: 6:33am On Apr 05, 2020
Nice one from Pdp.

This is the kind of opposition they should be playing..

Everything shouldn't be about condemnation all the time..

Hope Apc as a leading party can also start to behave maturely most especially stubborn Oshiomole

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: PDP Directs Members To Scale Up Personal Interventions by kerry57: 6:33am On Apr 05, 2020
Eeeeh, feedeefee self wan intervene? Make them give us back the uncountable that they stole from the masses and make Afeecee give us the ones they have stolen and are currently stealing, then i bet everyone will be fine. God bless naija.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: COVID-19: PDP Directs Members To Scale Up Personal Interventions by AntiChristian: 6:33am On Apr 05, 2020
The post started neutrally addressing issues only to later go into blaming the other party!

Anuofia! The pot calling the kettle black!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: PDP Directs Members To Scale Up Personal Interventions by sotomayor: 6:33am On Apr 05, 2020
This men

Re: COVID-19: PDP Directs Members To Scale Up Personal Interventions by Bossontop(m): 6:33am On Apr 05, 2020
undecided
Hope say e no go be audio interventions like d wan wey dis apc government dey do??

5 Likes

Re: COVID-19: PDP Directs Members To Scale Up Personal Interventions by odunade01: 6:35am On Apr 05, 2020
Power to the People

5 Likes

Re: COVID-19: PDP Directs Members To Scale Up Personal Interventions by SoapQueen(f): 6:35am On Apr 05, 2020
I really feel bad for not being created as a pair of scissors, a cat, flowers or I'd have just come to this life as a handbag. Who send me message come this Wahala world

I'm tired of all these bad, sad and mad news. The kind of panic in my mind can even wreck more havoc than this stupid contagion.

God, please help us.
Re: COVID-19: PDP Directs Members To Scale Up Personal Interventions by Uniqueteco(m): 6:36am On Apr 05, 2020
Its time to help the needy

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: PDP Directs Members To Scale Up Personal Interventions by Valfrankie(m): 6:36am On Apr 05, 2020
We are all vulnerable at this period, and the government, including the oppositions should end the long English and come up with a palliative assistance for everyone. Other countries are doing it not because they have a lot of money to WASTE, or because because they cannot be frugal, they are doing it because they understand the social and economic effect of the pandemic on individuals. Working class people are forced to stay home thus disrupting their income, entrepreneurs cannot go out for business, thereby losing clients, money, sales and operating at a loss. The unemployed are sunk deeper in the mire. Unfortunately though, our government are the most heartless and vile of the bunch. What do they care how we are affected?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: PDP Directs Members To Scale Up Personal Interventions by Nobody: 6:37am On Apr 05, 2020
Good suggestion from PDP.

Are you having challenges recruiting quality and suitable staff for your business?
Do you need expert input to move your business forward?
You don't have to worry anymore. Prime Watermark Consulting can do all that for you. We offer Quality Human Resource and Business Consulting Services.
Areas of Focus.
Administrative, Engineering, Finance, ICT, Hospitality, Medical, Domestic staff (Drivers, Chefs, Stewards, etc). For more info: Kindly check the signature.
Thank you.
Re: COVID-19: PDP Directs Members To Scale Up Personal Interventions by WildChild00(m): 6:40am On Apr 05, 2020
PDP powerrrrrrrr grin
Re: COVID-19: PDP Directs Members To Scale Up Personal Interventions by SEGLIZ: 6:41am On Apr 05, 2020
scammers.

4 Likes

Re: COVID-19: PDP Directs Members To Scale Up Personal Interventions by Obipt200ab: 6:42am On Apr 05, 2020
Na Naija we dey nah.. Always different from others
Re: COVID-19: PDP Directs Members To Scale Up Personal Interventions by Chomolungma: 6:43am On Apr 05, 2020
Chomolungma:
I really feel bad for not being created as a pair of scissors, a cat, flowers or I'd have just come to this life as a handbag. Who send me message come this Wahala world

I'm tired of all these bad, sad and mad news. The kind of panic in my mind can even wreck more havoc than this stupid contagion.

God, please help us.
Re: COVID-19: PDP Directs Members To Scale Up Personal Interventions by ITbomb(m): 6:45am On Apr 05, 2020
APC lockdown Lagos and Ogun, then start distribution of money palliative in Katsina and Nassarawa.
At the end of the day, N5bn looted within 48 hours.

7 Likes

Re: COVID-19: PDP Directs Members To Scale Up Personal Interventions by SEGLIZ: 6:46am On Apr 05, 2020
SoapQueen:

God, please help us.

#FEARNOT
create not course to worry for You are Fearfully and Wonderfully made in God's image.
Fear Not for The Lord Almighty is got your back, no evil shall come near You, Your Family, Friends and Everything that has to do with You.
You are Greatly covered by the Covenant in the Blood of Jesus.
Amen.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: PDP Directs Members To Scale Up Personal Interventions by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:50am On Apr 05, 2020
Useless party of hypocrites.
Trying to score cheap political points.
Why not direct your party members and not talk about APC.

4 Likes

Re: COVID-19: PDP Directs Members To Scale Up Personal Interventions by klax(m): 6:52am On Apr 05, 2020
chatinent:
PDP and APC are the only political parties in Nigeria. Others are mere social groups.

Calling other political parties social group you have even overrated them. All other political parties are mere family meeting or all those CDA of streets.

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: PDP Directs Members To Scale Up Personal Interventions by chatinent: 6:55am On Apr 05, 2020
klax:

Calling other political parties social group you have even overrated them. All other political parties are mere family meeting or all those CDA of streets.
Lol. You bi bad man killer!
Re: COVID-19: PDP Directs Members To Scale Up Personal Interventions by Iyiataata92: 6:55am On Apr 05, 2020
kerry57:
Eeeeh, feedeefee self wan intervene? Make them give us back the uncountable that they stole from the masses and make Afeecee give us the ones they have stolen and are currently stealing, then i bet everyone. God bless naija.
Many of those that stole money in PdP are now in APC and in government and are still stealing

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: PDP Directs Members To Scale Up Personal Interventions by Iyiataata92: 6:57am On Apr 05, 2020
AntiChristian:
The post started neutrally addressing issues only to later go into blaming the other party!

Anuofia! The pot calling the kettle black!
But the cases raised were valid. The government, led by APC have used this coronavirus pandemic to create a avenue to loot funds. Even ASUU, a professional union accused the government of mismanagement of funds in this period.
Why now will you find fault in the points raised by PDP?

5 Likes

Re: COVID-19: PDP Directs Members To Scale Up Personal Interventions by SoapQueen(f): 6:59am On Apr 05, 2020
SEGLIZ:

#FEARNOT
create not course to worry for You are Fearfully and Wonderfully made in God's image.
Fear Not for Lord Almighty is got your back, no evil shall come near You, Your Family and Friends and Everything that has to do You.
You are Greatly covered by the Covenant in the Blood of Jesus.
Amen.

Amen Amen. God Bless You. Same to you

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: PDP Directs Members To Scale Up Personal Interventions by Funkyswagzz(m): 7:00am On Apr 05, 2020
This is the first time PDP have put politics aside

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: PDP Directs Members To Scale Up Personal Interventions by Amanda4life: 7:00am On Apr 05, 2020
helinues:
Nice one from Pdp.

This is the kind of opposition they should be playing..

Everything shouldn't be about condemnation all the time..

Hope Apc as a leading party can also start to behave maturely most especially stubborn Oshiomole

That TOAD HEAD of a man
Re: COVID-19: PDP Directs Members To Scale Up Personal Interventions by Makavelli25: 7:06am On Apr 05, 2020
Great one
We can only win this war when we are united
Stay home
Stay safe
Re: COVID-19: PDP Directs Members To Scale Up Personal Interventions by obrakaneey: 7:07am On Apr 05, 2020
PDP...... share the money

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: PDP Directs Members To Scale Up Personal Interventions by SEGLIZ: 7:14am On Apr 05, 2020
SoapQueen:

Amen Amen. God Bless You. Same to you

Amen and thanks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Security Officer, 6 Others Nabbed For Dealing In Cocaine / Ebitu Ukiwe 76th Birthday Interview: Nigeria’s In Chaos, It’s Stuck / Names Of 27 New Commissioners In Abia And Their Portfolios

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.