Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,186 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

What Should We Do To Gotv? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Should We Do To Gotv? (515 Views)

Oct 1st 2020, Gotv Lite Changed To Gotv Smallie / Who Else Is Having Issues Subscribing To GOTV? / GOODBYE TO Gotv:: Just Packed My Gotv, Till We Meet Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should We Do To Gotv? by Princedapace(m): 12:32pm On Apr 05, 2020
GoTv has become something else. If u go to their twitter handle, u will see many Nigerians lamenting about their irresponsible acts. The same with their facebook page.

Many people subscribe and will have to wait for days before they get reconnected. Their customer care number on their website does not go through. And the worse part of is that when they connect you, they must take away one or two days that you never watched from the sub. They ignore messages and keep posting on their handle. They are so rude.

The reason is simple: They control both DSTV and Gotv and have no serious competition. Dear Nigerians, I think there is this cable service people in the east use a lot.

Does anyone know it? I am not based in the east. Startimes is not a serious competition. Multichoice own is too much abeg. Anyone knows the best way to avoid this multichoice, pls share with the rest of Nigerians. This is the problem when there is no serious competition. It is too bad. We dont use pay as you Go which is bad enough because even if there is no light, you will still pay. It is crazy. Make we put heads together and send these guys out of this country if they don't wish to treat their customers better.
Re: What Should We Do To Gotv? by waleyp(m): 12:39pm On Apr 05, 2020
dont you worry, we will deal with them after we get over covid-19. thank you
Re: What Should We Do To Gotv? by backnbeta(f): 12:41pm On Apr 05, 2020
Just manage them for now, what cannot be cured must be endured undecided
Re: What Should We Do To Gotv? by Babatunde40(m): 12:42pm On Apr 05, 2020
GoTV was created to fight Startimes.

GoTV is a cheap backyard project by DSTV. They do not care about GoTV. They always bring new upgrades to DSTV but nothing to GoTV. I don't use either of them sha

4 Likes

Re: What Should We Do To Gotv? by Princedapace(m): 1:08pm On Apr 05, 2020
waleyp:
dont you worry, we will deal with them after we get over covid-19. thank you

Anything to make those guys sit properly is good for the country.
Re: What Should We Do To Gotv? by Princedapace(m): 1:10pm On Apr 05, 2020
Babatunde40:
GoTV was created to fight Startimes.

GoTV is a cheap backyard project by DSTV. They do not care about GoTV. They always bring new upgrades to DSTV but nothing to GoTV. I don't use either of them sha

Go to their DSTV, same issue. The worse part is that they wont attend to u, u will rant and keep quiet. I just wish Nigerians can find alternative to deal with those bast-ards
Re: What Should We Do To Gotv? by scoundrel(f): 1:39pm On Apr 05, 2020
The only alternatives are online services which offer better video quality and non-repeat programming. Since internet service in Nigeria is useless I guess you’re stuck with them. I don’t know about the East, but here in Port Harcourt there is a middle eastern service people subscribe to. I think it’s CTL, I’m not sure.

1 Like

Re: What Should We Do To Gotv? by Princedapace(m): 2:03pm On Apr 05, 2020
scoundrel:
The only alternatives are online services which offer better video quality and non-repeat programming. Since internet service in Nigeria is useless I guess you’re stuck with them. I don’t know about the East, but here in Port Harcourt there is a middle eastern service people subscribe to. I think it’s CTL, I’m not sure.

Thank you dear..

The internet remains the best for now but the poor network as you rightly pointed out is the biggest issue. These guys know this that is why they treat people the way they like.
Re: What Should We Do To Gotv? by Greatzeus(m): 3:50pm On Apr 05, 2020
They created Gotv to cater for middle and lower class Nigerians. So they don't treat Gotv customers with the kind of respect they give DStv subscribers.
Funny thing is a lot of multi millionaires still subscribe for Gotv like my boss. His 2 kids are the ones who watch it 95% of the time.
About 8 days before my sub will end on March 30th,I sub for two months. The week of the lockdown in Lagos,I was happy I subscribed early,so I don't have to worry during lockdown. Only for me to receive a message on March 30th that I should go and renew my subscription.
If you see the race I took to their office eh grin only for their agent to tell me to ignore the text that my payment will expire in 2 months time. Imagine lockdown without cable subscription?
Re: What Should We Do To Gotv? by Princedapace(m): 4:31pm On Apr 05, 2020
Greatzeus:
They created Gotv to cater for middle and lower class Nigerians. So they don't treat Gotv customers with the kind of respect they give DStv subscribers.
Funny thing is a lot of multi millionaires still subscribe for Gotv like my boss. His 2 kids are the ones who watch it 95% of the time.
About 8 days before my sub will end on March 30th,I sub for two months. The week of the lockdown in Lagos,I was happy I subscribed early,so I don't have to worry during lockdown. Only for me to receive a message on March 30th that I should go and renew my subscription.
If you see the race I took to their office eh grin only for their agent to tell me to ignore the text that my payment will expire in 2 months time. Imagine lockdown without cable subscription?
\

Bros, the same thing is happening to DSTV subscribers. Go to DST twitter page and see many people complaining. I personally have DSTV. Their attitude has nothing to do with class.

It is simply a company that knows there is limited competition. MTN still treats customers who have even poor recharge history with respect becus MTN knows that there are countless options. So the reason u gave is not hold ground. DSTV still have very affordable packages that can be compared to Gotv as well.
The company is simply non nonchalant becus they are aware of low competition and poor options for Nigerians. That is just the thing.

(1) (Reply)

Coma (2020) Full Movie Download / The Old Guard (2020 Movie) / Independence Has Passed, Where Is TSTV?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.