Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,333 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:25 AM

Eleweomo: Police High Command Orders Arrest Ofsenator Folarin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eleweomo: Police High Command Orders Arrest Ofsenator Folarin (1759 Views)

President Buhari Orders Arrest Of Wife’s Younger Brother Over Alleged Extortion / Oyo: Folarin, PDP Candidate Removes Transformer Donated To Community / Simbiat Angela Folarin, Wife Of Oyo PDP Candidate On Bike As She Campaigns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eleweomo: Police High Command Orders Arrest Ofsenator Folarin by dotman2(m): 1:42am On Jan 01, 2011
Aftermath of Thursday’s murder
of the former Chairman of the
National Union of Road Transport
Workers, Oyo State, Alhaji Lateef
Salako (aka ‘Eleweomo’), during
the state’s PDP local government
congresses, the Police High
Command yesterday in Abuja
ordered the immediate arrest and
detention of Senator Teslim
Folarin, Senate Majority Leader, in
connection with the
assassination.
Vanguard gathered that the
directive to arrest the Senator
followed a three hours meeting
by the Police Management team
chaired by the Inspector General
of Police in which the situation in
Oyo state was reviewed and
drastic measures arrived at to
stem the lawlessness being
perpetrated by certain politicians
in the state.
According to a source, “the
account by Senator Folarin in the
media insinuating he knew
nothing about the killing of
Eleweomo was pregnant with
suspicions especially when
intelligence reports had it that the
killers of the former NURTW
Chairman were members of his
convoy ”.
Another reason, for which the
Senator should be arrested
according to Vanguard
investigations, is the fact that the
Senator was not supposed to go
about a political event like the
congresses with mobile
Policemen armed or with any
armed personnel for that matter.
When reminded that Teslim
Folarin was a serving Senator and
a Principal Officer of the National
Assembly, the source retorted,
“ And so what? Even if he has
immunity, the immunity of any
member of the National Assembly
ends at the chambers of the
National Assembly. And that does
not mean that if any member
commits murder in the chambers,
he would not be arrested”.
On reports that the alleged killers
of Eleweomo were unknown
gunmen or thugs, the source
said, “In this case, there is
nothing like unknown gunmen.
These are known people who
accompanied somebody. They
must be fished out and the Police
must get to the root of this
matter ”.
Vanguard gathered that the IGP is
very miffed over the conduct of
many politicians in the country
who are doing everything to heat
up the system because of selfish
political goals and set the country
ablaze and has consequently
directed States Police
Commissioners to take immediate
actions to stem this tide.
Recall that following the
recurrence of the Jos crises last
weekend, the IGP directed
officers and men of the Police
force to use all the experience
and professionalism at their
disposal to ensure a violence free
elections in 2011.
Ringim gave the directive even as
he noted that in the year 2010,
crime prevention efforts of the
police paid off as over 35, 000
criminals were arrested and
charged to various courts across
the country.
In his New Year message
titled, ‘Brace Up for 2011 General
Elections”, the IG told the officers’:
“The Nigeria Police force is fully
prepared and determined to
ensure the success of the forth
coming 2011 elections ”.
Stressing that “The task of
ensuring a violence free elections
must be given all the seriousness
it deserves ”, he said, “As the year
2011 approaches, you all
(policemen) must remain focused,
exhibit sterling qualities and
professionalism in the conduct of
your duties especially in respect
of the forth coming general
elections”.
Re: Eleweomo: Police High Command Orders Arrest Ofsenator Folarin by dotman2(m): 1:46am On Jan 01, 2011
Re: Eleweomo: Police High Command Orders Arrest Ofsenator Folarin by Becomrich12: 1:52am On Jan 01, 2011
that sound funny,

Jonathan need pain head medicine. wahala plenty for Jonathan.  Ecowas, gbogbo, abuja bombing. Senator arrested, salako killing? Abeg i no fit laugh. wahala plenty.
Re: Eleweomo: Police High Command Orders Arrest Ofsenator Folarin by revomind(m): 11:54am On Jan 01, 2011
Good move. What was the senator doing with mobile policemen? I think an example should be made of this guy to serve as a warning to people who go about with mobile policemen when they are not entitled to them.
Re: Eleweomo: Police High Command Orders Arrest Ofsenator Folarin by revomind(m): 11:58am On Jan 01, 2011
Good move. What was the senator doing with mobile policemen? I think an example should be made of this guy to serve as a warning to people who go about with mobile policemen when they are not entitled to them.

However I don't get what the IGP meant when he referred to that late rogue as 'innocent blood', No one is mourning this rogue's death. Even his wives in the newspaper didn't look too bothered.
Re: Eleweomo: Police High Command Orders Arrest Ofsenator Folarin by blacksta(m): 12:17pm On Jan 01, 2011
If I were Jonathan this guy would be first person i would use to set precedence but as GEJ is weak and inept he would probably give the guy a ministerial seat. I am guessing the position of Minister for defence.
Re: Eleweomo: Police High Command Orders Arrest Ofsenator Folarin by KnowAll(m): 1:26pm On Jan 01, 2011
You don't have to be Einstein to know d Senator was spoiling for a fight, already information must have already been passed to him dat eleweomo & his boys would be there with all their weaponry. Basically It was down sheer Bravado by d Senator to come to d venue obviously buoyed by his mobile guards who probably have been given specific instruction to hit d head man of eleweomo's gang, by doing so d fight would be over b4 it even started.

I think what we have here is you kill or be killed, d Senator lost two aides this is one Russian roullete I would not want get involve in, it is a game of death only played by men who has written their wills, d senator after all escaped by sheer luck.
Re: Eleweomo: Police High Command Orders Arrest Ofsenator Folarin by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jan 01, 2011
KnowAll:

You don't have to be Einstein to know d Senator was spoiling for a fight, already information must have already been passed to him dat eleweomo & his boys would be there with all their weaponry.  Basically It was down sheer Bravado by d Senator to come to d venue obviously buoyed by his mobile guards who probably have been given specific instruction to hit d head man of eleweomo's gang, by doing so d fight would be over b4 it even started.

I think what we have here is you kill or be killed, d Senator lost two aides this is one Russian roullete I would not want get involve in, it is a game of death only played by men who has written their wills, d senator after all escaped by sheer luck.
KnowAll:

Well said.
The senator was coming to HIS local govt, and eleweomo is not from that ward AT ALL, he dey talk say he won come monitor the elections with his thugs as if he is a police officer.
Re: Eleweomo: Police High Command Orders Arrest Ofsenator Folarin by aloyemeka1: 3:58pm On Jan 01, 2011
According to a source, “the
account by Senator Folarin in the
media insinuating he knew
nothing about the killing of
Eleweomo was pregnant with
suspicions especially when
intelligence reports had it that the
killers of the former NURTW
Chairman were members of his
convoy ”.

Another reason, for which the
Senator should be arrested
according to Vanguard
investigations, is the fact that the
Senator was not supposed to go
about a political event like the
congresses with mobile
Policemen armed or with any
armed personnel for that matte
r.

Nigeria is a very ridiculous country. So, because he had a convoy, then he is guilty of murder?. If members of his convoy(who are police officers of the FGN) shot Eleweomo dead, can't they trace the bullet and nab the policemen responsible?. They got intel reports but cannot trace a common bullet?. Which kin intelligence be that?. I am ashamed.
Re: Eleweomo: Police High Command Orders Arrest Ofsenator Folarin by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 01, 2011
aloy/emeka:

Nigeria is a very ridiculous country. So, because he had a convoy, then he is guilty of murder?. If members of his convoy(who are police officers of the FGN) shot Eleweomo dead, can't they trace the bullet and nab the policemen responsible?. They got intel reports but cannot trace a common bullet?. Which kin intelligence be that?. I am ashamed.

No mind them, the senator wasnt suppose to go to congress without any armed personnel or policemen but eleweomo was allowed to enter the place with 30 buses with ammunitions inside them. Who doesnt know that they both came with the same intentions(Kill each other) and the senator was the faster one, it was a matter of kill or get killed.
Re: Eleweomo: Police High Command Orders Arrest Ofsenator Folarin by Dede1(m): 10:24pm On Jan 01, 2011
Nigeria is a modern jungle. It is a preposterous move on the part of the police to order the arrest of Senator Teslim Folarin after the alleged meeting by the Police Management team chaired by the Inspector General of Police. I guess police management meeting has taken the place of professional police investigation. What a country indeed.
Re: Eleweomo: Police High Command Orders Arrest Ofsenator Folarin by MT: 10:32pm On Jan 01, 2011
Eleweomo was a good riddance. Do you have an idea how many people he had killed when he was alive ?. He's not missed in Oyo state. People are quite happy that he's dead. Senator Folarin might be wrong in the way he handled the whole stuff, but I dont think the police have a water-tight case here. No concrete evidence to deal with the guy.

It's the stupid governor, Alao Akala, that needs to be stripped of his immunity and put in jail for causing this crisis,( all because of his second term bid) which has claimed many lives,
Re: Eleweomo: Police High Command Orders Arrest Ofsenator Folarin by Becomrich12: 10:49pm On Jan 01, 2011
what nonsense are you talking , what is folarin business with the man who die. i read folarin called the nigeria police day before , to tell them,, some people were going to cause problem. Why did the nigeria police not do something at the location.? how many men did they send there.
THe nigeria police should go after the killer. That a senator was in a PDP congress at the time of murder does not mean you should arrest him. It does not make sense with this story. Did folarin touch this eleweomo.? No. why the need to arrest him. I dont understand please explain to me better.
you have to be the one who killed a person with prove before you can be arrested, if you have no link to its why arrest a person.
what is he still doing with the PDP? akala would not allow him to win.

Someone must have seen who kill eleweomo . and they should arrest that person. So if jonathan goodluck is in a PDP congress and they kill someone, are you going to arrest jonathan because he was in a congress.?
cant you see, he is been framed? they want to rig election in ibadan. this how they get rig off thier opponent in nigeria. it is sad, we have not change.
naija una get problem.
Re: Eleweomo: Police High Command Orders Arrest Ofsenator Folarin by KnowAll(m): 10:58pm On Jan 01, 2011
On the balance of fairness, the mauling or should I say the wasting of  eleweomo was a fight skewed in favour of the Senator by 60% to the Senator and 40% to eleweomo. It was a fight on the surface of it that bears all the hallmark of a classical western gun duel. Unfortunately there are salient rules to this macabre game of brinkmanship. The presence of a reasonable or some semblance of officialdom would make the most hardened and un-ruly of men to become meek even if for a second and toe the line of good behaviour,  thereby giving the other person that edge and element of attacking first.

This killing was pure cowardice by the senator, not a fair fight, an act in all ramifications similar to the shameful shooting of a man behind his back. I am sure when this dastardly act was committed successfully,  despite the Senator losing two men and escaping by a whisker, the bloooody over paid and over-indulge law office of the federal republic would have been boasting and banging his chest at those who wishes to listen to his phantom tales of bravery not knowing before them stood a man who has just commited a callous and shameful cold blooded murder. In fact I think eleweomo's group did well despite the initial element of suprise employed by the Senator, by killing two of his aides.

Like the old west, people who shoot men behind the back themselves don't live too long to continue peddling their tales from moonlight. I once read a book about the old west, a man once shot a dreaded master gun duelist at the back, by so doing he took the crown of being the fastest  gun-man in the west, what it meant then was who ever kills him would automatically become the next legend of the west, u can imagine the number of takers after this man's scalp.

I am sure the Senator is aware that long knives are out all over Oyo state to take his scalp and whoever succed would step into the un-enviable shoes of eleweomo.
Re: Eleweomo: Police High Command Orders Arrest Ofsenator Folarin by Becomrich12: 11:13pm On Jan 01, 2011
before you start blaming people why dont ask where that person was murdered. Nigeria newspaper said away from the congress. who ever murder him may have been following him. and they knew where he was going to.
look at the picture that location his body is not a school. It is close to a resident. So he was most likely killed outside the congress.

What that means he was been followed or was approached by someone who wanted to kill him.

Why would anyone want to kill him?
what would folarin gain if he killed him? Nothing?
What it means is , it is either his enermy that killed him or someone who wanted to frame Folarin.
Who would like to frame folarin, that should be who the police should be looking for.? and if eleweomo had enermy.?
You also ask who would benefit if folarin is frame? you list out the name. And you find out where they were at the time of murder.
[img]http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/thumbnail.php?file=eleweomo_2_Front_708710848.jpg&size=article_medium[/img]
Re: Eleweomo: Police High Command Orders Arrest Ofsenator Folarin by Becomrich12: 11:24pm On Jan 01, 2011
The most important thing about murder is that you are looking for who would benefit from a murder?  this is how to solve a murder. or someone wanted to cover up a crime.

The way nigeria police works  is wrong. and a need to change the operation and over haul the nigeria police system.

one modification to be made is. you must have state police 36 different police force can not be corrupt at the same time, If I become the president , I would introduce state police. Chief of police is an elected position over here like a governor or president is elected. and others are elected position over here. we have to reform our justice system and police system.
Re: Eleweomo: Police High Command Orders Arrest Ofsenator Folarin by Becomrich12: 12:01am On Jan 02, 2011
i think the nigeria police should follow up on this person called Alhaji Abdulharem Uche Ciroma , I was chating with him like hours before this incident and he kept on saying what if yorubas were fighting within themself
Re: Eleweomo: Police High Command Orders Arrest Ofsenator Folarin by Nobody: 1:26am On Jan 02, 2011
Do you guys even know it is this same eleweomo that seat as speaker the day ladoja was impeached? he was the one who impeached him(he is not even a legislator talkless of being a speaker), he is always at the wrong place causing mischief, good riddance, he isnt missed

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Needs N7trn For Infrastructural Devt- Akabueze (igbo Commissioner) / Pictorial Population Of Igbos That Voted Jonathan / Solution To The Flood Problem In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.