Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,741 members, 7,806,018 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:20 AM

A Thorn In The Flesh - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Thorn In The Flesh (14275 Views)

Lady Left With Rotting Breasts That Smell Like Rot Flesh After Surgery (graphic) / A Thorn in the Flesh 2 / I Will Show Off More Flesh In 2019, Nigeria Lady Says. See Her 2019 Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by BigBasher: 7:20am On Apr 27, 2020
More.
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by tonysunkan: 3:35pm On Apr 27, 2020
The woman and I left the two men in the office. I followed Ms. Davies through a corridor to her own office.

‘Sit down, Henry,’ she said, motioning me to a seat.

‘Thank you, madam.’

I sat down and studied the office briefly. Then I studied the woman I was to work with. Ms. Davies was a bespectacled, pretty but serious-looking woman. I wondered how she came to be working for the senator.

‘Well, as the senator said, I’m Ms. Omolola Davies, the Chief of Staff. You’ve joined us at a time the political campaigns are about to start. Next week, the campaign will kick off, and as you’re aware, Senator Dayo Osho is seeking re-election under our great party which has already given him the ticket, based on his meritorious service to his constituency.’

She paused to stare briefly at me. I was not surprised she appeared to be verbose. Many politician and their aides were.

‘You’ll have to prove that you’re capable and competent to handle whatever task is assigned to you. In a place like this, I must tell you that it’s
not a tea party. There’s a big work to do and you just have to be up and doing. You have only three months to prove that you’re capable. At the end of your three months with us, I’ll give the honorable senator reports on your evaluation performance. You’re out if you don’t measure up. Do you understand?’

I nodded. ‘Yes, ma’am.’

‘Good. But if you measure up, you’ll indeed enjoy many things. The senator is a generous rewarder of those who do their work diligently. Do your
best, Henry.’

‘Yes, ma’am.’

‘Fine. Now, let me take you to your office.’

I followed her to a large office, where two workers – a male and a female – were already seated.

‘Here is Henry,’ Ms. Davie introduced. ‘He is joining us. Henry, meet Titi and Rasheed, members of the campaign team.’

‘Hello, Henry,’ Rasheed greeted, extending a pudgy hand for a handshake.

‘Good morning, Mr. Rasheed.’ I shook his hand and that of Titi.

‘Later, you’ll still meet with some other people that you’ll be working with,’ Ms. Davies said. ‘Meanwhile, you can occupy that desk.’ She pointed
at the desk at the extreme right.

I nodded and moved over to the desk. In my office at the architectural firm, I had an entire office to myself, but here, I was to share one with
two fellows. Well, things did happen that way.

‘Alright, see you,’ Ms. Davies said and left.

I braced myself up for the new challenges. When it was ten o’clock, Ms. Davies summoned me to her office. ‘A meeting will soon start on
campaign strategies. I will preside over the meeting and it’s holding in the conference room. You’re to be there.’

I nodded. ‘Yes, ma’am. But where is the conference room?’

She smiled briefly. ‘Don’t worry. You’ll soon know.’

Few minutes later, I got to know that the conference room was just down the corridor. It was quite large and could sit two hundred people at a
time. About six of us attended the meeting. I was keen in listening to them and learning how they operated. The constituency was zoned and we
were to meet with some party adherents at the zonal and ward levels on how to mobilize for the rallies and campaign proper. We also deliberated
on the materials and souvenirs to distribute to the people. In- between the meeting, food packs of fried rice and chicken was served. I suddenly
realized that this my new task was going to be interesting, after all.

By noon, the meeting was over. Ms. Davies called me to her office.

‘How did you find our meeting,’ she asked.

I smiled. ‘I must say it was very interesting,’ came my reply.

She smiled too. ‘This is just the beginning. There are usually meetings upon meetings, at different places. It’s not easy but the end pays off.
Where do you live?’

I told her the street and the area.

‘Interesting. Are you on your own or still living with your parents?’

‘I’m living with them,’ I answered.

She nodded. ‘That means you’re still a kid.’

I didn’t like that remark, but didn’t say anything.

READ FULL STORY: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/a_thorn_in_the_flesh_/26753

READ OTHER INTERESTING STORIES: https://thrillplus..com/
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by FairCritic(m): 8:21pm On Apr 27, 2020
Interesting piece.
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by Awesome05: 9:26pm On Apr 28, 2020
Nice one.
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by UltimateSpice: 8:45pm On Apr 29, 2020
Nice update
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by tonysunkan: 11:56am On Apr 30, 2020
I told her the street and the area.

‘Interesting. Are you on your own or still living with your parents?’

‘I’m living with them,’ I answered.

She nodded. ‘That means you’re still a kid.’

I didn’t like that remark, but didn’t say anything.

‘Anyway,’ she went on, ‘there are some rooms in the boys quarters of this building. You can pick a room there. Anytime there’s meeting up till late
in the night, you can sleep there.’

I nodded. ‘Thank you, ma’am.’

There were no more interesting events for the rest of that day, but I noticed that the senator kept receiving visitors upon visitors until he left
around three p.m. I was back in the office I shared with Titi and Rasheed, but the duo soon told me they would be going to Surulere for another
meeting.

I was amazed that they would be attending yet another meeting. I remained in the office till few minutes after four, mostly watching the cable
news from the flat screen. I popped inside Ms. Davies’ office.

‘Well done, ma’am. Sorry, what’s the closing time?’

She grinned. ‘No fixed closing time. Sometimes, you can go home by four, and sometimes, you’ll remain in office till ten in the night.’

I nodded. Since I didn’t have any other thing to do that day, that meant I could close. Ten minutes later, I closed and went to bid her good
night.

‘Do you have a ride?’ she asked.

‘Yes, but I didn’t bring it today.’

‘If you don’t mind, wait for another fifteen minutes or so, I can give you a lift to Ikeja.’

I smiled. ‘That will be appreciated.

So, I had to go back to the office I used and waited for her. Thirty minutes later, she called me that she was ready. I took my folder and we
went out of the building. Her car was the Lexus jeep in the car park. She unlocked the car and I went to the passenger’s side. She drove slowly
like somebody who was still learning or who was not used to Lagos traffic.

‘So, where were you working before you joined us?’ she asked.

‘I worked at Alashe and Associates, a firm of architects.’

She nodded. ‘How old are you?’

I grinned and told her.

She nodded again. ‘I have a daughter in the university.’

My eyes popped out briefly. ‘Really?’

She must have noticed the surprise in my tone. ‘Yes. And why’re you surprised? You don’t expect that at my age, my daughter should be in the
day care, do you?’

No, I didn’t. All the same, I didn’t expect that she would have a grown-up already attending a university. ‘No, I did not,’ I answered.

‘Bisola is twenty and studying biochemistry at University of Lagos, Unilag. She wanted to study medicine but had to settle for biochemistry.’

I nodded. It was not unusual to hear that.

‘I stayed at the G.R.A too,’ she went on.

Again, I was surprised. ‘Really?’

‘Yes. Senator Osho gave me the two-bedroom flat to stay. It’s one of the benefits of working for the senator.’

I nodded. I could see that indeed, the senator was generous to her.

Download complete story at: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/a_thorn_in_the_flesh_/26753

Read other interesting stories at: https://thrillplus..com/
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by Saturn101: 9:12pm On May 01, 2020
Interesting story.
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by ThrillPlus: 10:26pm On May 02, 2020
Hmn
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by Zamar: 8:35am On May 03, 2020
Hmn, nice episode.
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by tonysunkan: 8:32pm On May 05, 2020
‘Bisola is twenty and studying biochemistry at University of Lagos, Unilag. She wanted to study medicine but had to settle for biochemistry.’

I nodded. It was not unusual to hear that.

‘I stayed at the G.R.A too,’ she went on.

Again, I was surprised. ‘Really?’

‘Yes. Senator Osho gave me the two-bedroom flat to stay. It’s one of the benefits of working for the senator.’

I nodded. I could see that indeed, the senator was generous to her.

The jeep drifted with the traffic along Ikorodu Road until it got to Maryland and turned left.

Several minutes later, we got to Ikeja G.R.A.

‘What’s the name of your street again?’ she asked.

‘Egunjobi Street.’

‘That’s not far from my place. I live at Akinbiyi Crescent.’

I knew the place as I had been there many times before. When we got to the junction that led to my street, I thanked her for the ride.

‘I’ll like to get down now, madam. Thank you very much for the ride and everything.’

She pulled the car to a halt. ‘You’re welcome.’

I got down from the car, waved at her and moved on. The junction to my house was less than four hundred meters, so I could easily walk it. It was few minutes to seven when I entered our residence. Kike came to welcome me and to hug me as if we had not seen for a long time.

‘How was work?’ she asked.

‘Fine.’ I grinned at her. ‘How was home?’

‘Fine too. I understand you’re not working for daddy again.’

‘Yes. I now work for a senator.’

‘A senator in Abuja?’

I laughed shortly. ‘Yes, he works in Abuja, but his constituency is here in Lagos State. He is daddy’s friend. Right now, he is in Lagos, preparing
for his re-election.’

I moved inside the house and climbed the stair case to my room. Kike was on my heels.

‘So, what will you be doing for him? Are you the one to campaign for him?’ she asked further.

I unlocked the door to my room and entered. She entered with me.

‘Well, I suppose I’ll be part of his campaign team.’

‘You’re now a politician?’

I grinned again. Normally, I would have got irritated by her seemingly endless questions, but somehow, I was beginning to have a soft spot for her.

READ FULL STORY: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/a_thorn_in_the_flesh_18/26753
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by CasNova: 6:10am On May 06, 2020
Interesting.
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by Zamar: 8:24am On May 07, 2020
Nice update
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by Dfynboi: 11:10am On May 07, 2020
wow,nice story

1 Like

Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by IkeJAH(m): 11:54am On May 07, 2020
So fascinating,and creatively upbuilding too.
How soon are you updating with the next happening ?

1 Like

Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by tonysunkan: 11:37am On May 08, 2020
I laughed shortly. ‘Yes, he works in Abuja, but his constituency is here in Lagos State. He is daddy’s friend. Right now, he is in Lagos, preparing for his re-election.’

I moved inside the house and climbed the stair case to my room. Kike was on my heels.

‘So, what will you be doing for him? Are you the one to campaign for him?’ she asked further.

I unlocked the door to my room and entered. She entered with me.

‘Well, I suppose I’ll be part of his campaign team.’

‘You’re now a politician?’

I grinned again. Normally, I would have got irritated by her seemingly endless questions, but somehow, I was beginning to have a soft spot for her.

‘No, I’m not a politician, my dear Kike.’

I sat on the bed. She quickly came to my side to help in removing my shoes and socks. She never did that before, so I was quite surprised.

‘Thanks,’ I told her.

‘You’re welcome,’ she replied, smiling. I pulled her to me and kissed her deep, long and hard.

She was breathless by the time it was over. My hands went to her boobs and fondled them. I would have gone further than that, but a car drove
inside the compound.

She pulled herself away from me.

‘That must be mummy,’ she said and hurried out of my room.

I grinned as I saw her hurry away. Oh, what a loveable character Kike was turning out to be. I sighed and changed into t-shirt and boxer.

By the time I got downstairs, Kike told me that mum had gone to her room. I sat in the sitting-room to await her coming, but I didn’t wait for
long. Kike was back.

‘Mummy said you should see her in her room,’ she informed me.

I grinned at her and nodded. Then I stood up to go back upstairs while Kike returned to the kitchen. I knocked once and opened the door.

‘Evening, mum,’ I greeted.

‘Henry, how’re you?’

‘Fine. How was business?’ That had become my standard way of greeting.

‘Fine, we thank God. How’s your new place of work?’

‘Well, it’s not bad, but I’m learning new things.’

She nodded. ‘I know you’ll do well. I know you’ll adjust and do well.’

I nodded too. ‘I’ll try my best.’

I sat on her bed.

‘Have you eaten?’

I shook my head. ‘Kike is still cooking.’

‘I’ve told her to always start cooking evening meal on time. By seven p.m., the food should be ready.’

I didn’t say anything.

‘Let’s go downstairs and see how far she’s gone,’ she said further. I followed her out of her bedroom to the kitchen. Kike was in there, turning the
wheat meal she was making on the fire.

‘I thought by now the food will be ready,’ mum said. ‘You should always start preparing evening meal on time.’

‘Yes, ma,’ was all Kike said.

I lingered a bit in the kitchen until the food was done and mum dished it in plates. I went to the dining table while Kike brought my food. As usual,
the meal was more than what I could finish. Mum was always generous with dishing sumptuous meal for me. She too was at the table and while
we ate, Kike waited on us.

I chatted with mum in the sitting-room after the meal until dad came. He too asked how the job went and I told him it was well. After staying in
the sitting-room for several other minutes, I excused myself and went to my room. I switched on the television and watched the news absent-
mindedly. By nine o’clock, I had slept off with the t.v still on.

A couple of hours later, a hand tapped me gently and roused me from sleep. I opened my eyes to see Kike staring at me.

GET THE COMPLETE STORY FROM: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/a_thorn_in_the_flesh_18/26753
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by SeyiDominion: 5:39pm On May 11, 2020
Interesting
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by tonysunkan: 7:27pm On May 11, 2020
I chatted with mum in the sitting-room after the meal until dad came. He too asked how the job went and I told him it was well. After staying in the sitting-room for several other minutes, I excused myself and went to my room. I switched on the television and watched the news absent-mindedly. By nine o’clock, I had slept off with the t.v still on.

A couple of hours later, a hand tapped me gently and roused me from sleep. I opened my eyes to see Kike staring at me.

‘I was hearing the sound from the television and I thought you were still awake,’ she said apologetically.

‘Oh, it’s you,’ I said, quite dreamily. I checked the clock in the room. It was few minutes to mid-night.

‘You’ve not slept?’ I asked. It was obviously an irrelevant question, but I had nothing else to say at that very moment.

‘Yes, so I came to see you.’

I smiled at her. I was now fully awake and could see that she was in bum short and skimpy top.

‘Something is bothering my mind,’ she said.

I sighed and sat up on the bed. ‘What’s that?’

‘It’s actually a question I want to ask you.’

I chuckled. ‘A question for me? Well, go ahead and ask it.’

She hesitated. I held her hand. ‘Come on, Kike, go ahead and ask your question.’

She still hesitated. I moved my right hand on her back in a handling manner. My hand went to her chest, but surprisingly, she moved away.

‘What’s wrong?’ I asked, surprised.

She shrugged. ‘Nothing.’

‘Then why did you move away?’

She became mute. I drew her to myself and made her to sit on the bed beside me. My left hand wrapped her shoulders. ‘Why don’t you tell me what it is?’

She shrugged again. ‘It’s nothing.’

‘No, I won’t believe that,’ I put in. ‘Did mum say harsh words to you?’

‘No.’

Did you quarrel with anybody?’

‘No.’

I suddenly grinned. ‘Have I stopped treating you like a lady?’

Now, she hesitated and I knew what she meant.

‘Okay, I’m sorry if I have. Forgive me. I’ll compensate you. What do you want me to buy for you?’

Her eyes suddenly lit up, but then, she shook her head. ‘It’s not about buying things for me.’

I rubbed her shoulders. ‘So, tell me what it is about.’

‘It is a question,’ she said.

‘Oh, come on Kike, go ahead and ask the question. Okay, maybe you think I’ll get angry over it. I hereby promise I won’t be angry. So, go ahead.’

‘Will you answer it?’

‘Of course, I will, except I don’t know the answer.’

She took a deep breath in. ‘Do you have any other feeling for me apart from just playing with me?’

It was my turn to take a deep breath in. ‘Oh, what kind of question is that?’

‘You promised to answer it.’

I nodded. ‘Yeah, but I don’t know what to say.’

She stood up. ‘That means you don’t have any feelings for me except the lustful urge.’

‘Hey, I didn’t say that.’

She moved towards the door. ‘You’ve implied it. Alright, goodnight.’

‘Come here. That’s your interpretation.’

She didn’t answer me. I was surprised that she walked out of my room. Hey, what was going on? Why was she suddenly behaving like this? Yes, I
had been playing with her before, but I had only had sex with her once. I thought she enjoyed the whole thing, so what feelings was she talking about?

GET THE COMPLETE STORY FROM: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/a_thorn_in_the_flesh_18/26753

READ OTHER INTERESTING STORIES FROM: https://thrillplus..com/
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by CasNova: 10:08am On May 12, 2020
Nice one
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by UltimateSpice: 5:38pm On May 12, 2020
Exciting episode.
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by Zamar: 7:41pm On May 12, 2020
Fascinating story
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by tonysunkan: 11:40am On May 17, 2020
I chatted with mum in the sitting-room after the meal until dad came. He too asked how the job went and I told him it was well. After staying in the sitting-room for several other minutes, I excused myself and went to my room. I switched on the television and watched the news absent-mindedly. By nine o’clock, I had slept off with the t.v still on.

‘I was hearing the sound from the television and I thought you were still awake,’ she said apologetically.

‘Oh, it’s you,’ I said, quite dreamily. I checked the clock in the room. It was few minutes to mid-night.

‘You’ve not slept?’ I asked. It was obviously an irrelevant question, but I had nothing else to say at that very moment.

‘Yes, so I came to see you.’

I smiled at her. I was now fully awake and could see that she was in bum short and skimpy top.

‘Something is bothering my mind,’ she said.

I sighed and sat up on the bed. ‘What’s that?’

‘It’s actually a question I want to ask you.’

I chuckled. ‘A question for me? Well, go ahead and ask it.’

She hesitated. I held her hand. ‘Come on, Kike, go ahead and ask your question.’

She still hesitated. I moved my right hand on her back in a handling manner. My hand went to her chest, but surprisingly, she moved away.

‘What’s wrong?’ I asked, surprised.

She shrugged. ‘Nothing.’

‘Then why did you move away?’

She became mute. I drew her to myself and made her to sit on the bed beside me. My left hand wrapped her shoulders. ‘Why don’t you tell me what it is?’

She shrugged again. ‘It’s nothing.’

‘No, I won’t believe that,’ I put in. ‘Did mum say harsh words to you?’

‘No.’

Did you quarrel with anybody?’

‘No.’

I suddenly grinned. ‘Have I stopped treating you like a lady?’

Now, she hesitated and I knew what she meant.

‘Okay, I’m sorry if I have. Forgive me. I’ll compensate you. What do you want me to buy for you?’

Her eyes suddenly lit up, but then, she shook her head. ‘It’s not about buying things for me.’

I rubbed her shoulders. ‘So, tell me what it is about.’

‘It is a question,’ she said.

‘Oh, come on Kike, go ahead and ask the question. Okay, maybe you think I’ll get angry over it. I hereby promise I won’t be angry. So, go ahead.’

‘Will you answer it?’

‘Of course, I will, except I don’t know the answer.’

She took a deep breath in. ‘Do you have any other feeling for me apart from just playing with me?’

It was my turn to take a deep breath in. ‘Oh, what kind of question is that?’

‘You promised to answer it.’

I nodded. ‘Yeah, but I don’t know what to say.’

She stood up. ‘That means you don’t have any feelings for me except the lustful urge.’

‘Hey, I didn’t say that.’

She didn’t answer me. I was surprised that she walked out of my room. Hey, what was going on? Why was she suddenly behaving like this? Yes, I
had been playing with her before, but I had only had sex with her once. I thought she enjoyed the whole thing, so what feelings was she talking about?

READ OTHER INTERESTING STORIES FROM: https://thrillplus..com/
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by UltimateSpice: 7:24pm On May 17, 2020
Nice one.
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by BigBasher: 7:08pm On May 19, 2020
Interesting
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by CasNova: 9:39pm On May 19, 2020
Nice work
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by kweensheba: 11:33am On May 20, 2020
Nice one.
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by tonysunkan: 1:26pm On May 20, 2020

She didn’t answer me. I was surprised that she walked out of my room. Hey, what was going on? Why was she suddenly behaving like this? Yes, I had been playing with her before, but I had only had sex with her once. I thought she enjoyed the whole thing, so what feelings was she talking about?

What game was she playing? I thought she came around so that we could play a bit, but see how she diverted the whole thing! I was angry with her. And to say that she disturbed my sleep!

I switched off the television and resumed my sleep. The next morning, I dressed up for work at the same time I dressed for work the previous day. I would not need to wait for dad to take me to the place of work again. I was dressed in a white shirt, black trousers and black jacket. I decided that my job did not really require that I should be wearing tie for now.

A breakfast of cornflakes was waiting for me at the table.

'Good morning, Kike,' I greeted.

'Good morning,' she answered from the kitchen. I noticed that she had dropped using the title 'uncle' for me. I grinned and shrugged. She
remained in the kitchen while I took the meal. She was obviously avoiding me. I decided to let her be for now. My breakfast was over. I picked
my black folder and went out of the house. I would be going to my place of work in the car today and I would be going to the club after closing,
I decided. About a minute to eight, I got to the office at Yaba. I went straight to Ms. Davies' office to say good morning to her.

'Good morning, Henry,' she replied. 'How're you?'

'Fine, ma'am.'

I went to my office. Rasheed and Titi had not come. I brought my smart phone out to read some on-line news. The office assistant, Nancy, came
to tell me Mrs. Davies wanted to see me.

I logged off and went to see her.

'Please, you will do something for me,' she said as soon as I entered the office.

'What's that, ma'am?'

'There's a file I was supposed to bring along when I was coming to work this morning, but I forgot it on my dining table. My daughter is in the
house, and I've already told her I'm sending somebody over.' She looked at me curiously. 'You can handle that my jeep, can't you?'

Was there a car I could not handle? 'Sure, I can,' I said.

'Good.' She brought out the car key and handed it to me. 'Please, drive carefully. Go to my house. The number is 90B and the flat is upstairs.
Anyway, Sule the security man will direct you. You will meet Bisola, my daughter, and she will hand the file to you.'

I nodded. 'No problem, ma'am.'

She brought three thousand naira from her purse. 'In case, there's need to buy some fuel, use this.'

I nodded again. 'Alright, ma'am.'

I left her office and walked down the corridor. Just then, I saw Titi as she made her way to the office. I waved at her and moved on. Her car
was sleek and it made such a smooth drive. I might tell dad I wanted a change of car. The traffic was light so it took less than thirty minutes to get to her street.

Locating the number of her house posed a slight problem as the numbering was not in order. I finally found it and parked by the gate. The security man, the one she called Sule came to accost me.

'Ms. Davies sent me,' I said. He didn't let me finish the sentence as he interrupted.

'She no dey house.'

I grinned. 'I know. She asked me to get a file from her daughter who is in the house.'

'Oh, it is her daughter you want to see, ba?'

'Yes, to get the file she said I should bring from her.'

He nodded. 'Okay. Go inside. Their flat dey right side when you don climb up.'

I nodded and thanked him. I got inside the building, climbed up the stair case and pressed the bell of the flat he directed.

In a jiffy, a voice called from within: 'Who is that?'

I cleared my throat. 'I'm the one sent by your mum to get the file.'

There was a moment of pause. Then, the door was unlocked and opened.

READ WHOLE STORY FROM: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/a_thorn_in_the_flesh_18/26753

READ OTHER INTERESTING STORIES: https://thrillplus..com/
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by UltimateSpice: 6:46pm On May 22, 2020
Nice update
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by kweensheba: 7:32am On May 23, 2020
Cool
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by Zamar: 4:52pm On May 25, 2020
Nice update
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by FairCritic(m): 12:23pm On May 26, 2020
Full of intrigues.
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by tonysunkan: 10:10am On May 29, 2020
I nodded and thanked him. I got inside the building, climbed up the stair case and pressed the bell of the flat he directed.

In a jiffy, a voice called from within: 'Who is that?'

I cleared my throat. 'I'm the one sent by your mum to get the file.'

There was a moment of pause. Then, the door was unlocked and opened.

'Please, come in.'

I entered the living-room. 'Good morning,' I greeted.

'Good morning.'

Bisola looked like her mum, especially with her eyes.

'Are you Bisola?' I asked. The question was absolutely unnecessary, but I had the urge to ask it.

'Yes, who are you, please?' She looked at me all over as if she was making an evaluation.

'I'm Henry and I work for her.'

She nodded. 'Yes, let me get the file.'

She went to the dinning-table.

'I was told you're a student of the university,' I said aloud. 'Why are you not in school?'

She was soon back to the sitting-room with the file.

'Don't you listen to news?' she parried.

I raised an eye brow. 'What news?'

'Didn't you hear that ASUU is on strike?'

Now, I remembered. Florence said the same thing.

'Oh, I see.'

She smiled at me as I got the file from her.

'Thank you, Bisola.'

'You're welcome.'

I nodded at her and turned to go. 'Have a nice day.'

'Yeah, you too.'

I left the flat and drove back to the office. This time around, there was some traffic. It took more than one hour to get back to the office. About
noon, a truck came to deliver consignments of face caps and t-shirts bearing the name of the senator and the party logo. These were meant to
be distributed to people when campaigns and rallies started we sorted them out and arranged them in bales. By four o’clock, Ms. Davies informed
that I could close for the day. I had not seen the senator since morning. He had probably gone to attend some political meetings.

'I suppose you came with your car today,' she said.

'Yes, madam.'

'Good night, then.'

'Good night, ma'am.'

I changed my mind about going to the club, so I drove home. As usual, Kike opened the main door for me.

'Hello, Kike. How're you?'

'Fine.'

She was acting too cool for my liking. Rather than following me upstairs to my room, she went straight to her room. I followed her there.

'What's the problem, Kike?' I asked.

'Nothing.' She sat on her bed and I sat by her. I just felt I should say or do something that would make her to be excited.

'I miss you,' I said. She didn't say anything.

'Did you hear me?'

'Yes.'

'And you didn't say anything?'

She folded her arms across her chest. I wrapped my left hand on her shoulders.

'You don't believe me?' I asked.

'I don't know.'

'But you should know.'

She didn't respond. Okay, she was playing games. I could play games too.

Download complete story from: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/a_thorn_in_the_flesh_18/26753
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by UltimateSpice: 5:43pm On May 29, 2020
Nice update

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Landlord's Wife Is Giving Me This "Come And Fvck Me" Sign / Are We Underestimating Nairaland As A Means To Meet A Partner? / I Am The Only One Who Thinks Mrcork Is Not Funny?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.