Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,577 members, 7,801,652 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:29 PM

A Thorn In The Flesh - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Thorn In The Flesh (14271 Views)

Lady Left With Rotting Breasts That Smell Like Rot Flesh After Surgery (graphic) / A Thorn in the Flesh 2 / I Will Show Off More Flesh In 2019, Nigeria Lady Says. See Her 2019 Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by ThrillPlus: 7:40pm On Aug 18, 2021
More
Re: A Thorn In The Flesh by Saturn101: 5:25pm On Feb 24, 2022
tonysunkan:
Before she got down from the car, she said something I found irksome: 'I think the earlier we get married, the better. I don't want any other lady to snatch you away from me. I can't bear losing you.'

She kissed me goodbye and disembarked from the car. Now, why was it that it was when I told Kike about marriage that Bisola too was bringing forth the matter?

Anyway, I would keep telling her I would pray about it and, finally, I would come with the answer that God did not give me the go ahead. That
should be simple enough, shouldn't it?

It was Monday morning that Kike finally called me.

'I've seriously prayed about it,' she said. 'The Lord said it can be.'

'Really? Does that mean your answer is yes?'

'I’m not too sure. But to me, personally, the answer is yes.’ '

'Hmn, that's Kike, my baby.' I found myself getting excited.

But that was ironic. At the back of my mind, I believed she should be the one to get excited because I proposed to marry her. Why was I
behaving over her like this?

'But, there's a clause,' she went on.

I became alert. 'What clause?'

'I was made to understand the there's a thorn in your flesh that must be got rid off, if everything is to go well.'

I caught my breath. 'A thorn in the flesh? What is that thorn in the flesh?'

'That is what you really have to pray about. Are you ready to turn your life to Christ? Doing that will help you attain what you desire, especially
about me.'

I breathed in deeply. It was interesting to note that my dear Kike was sermonizing. I briefly considered what she said. The 'thorn' she was
referring to, I had no doubt, was my lust for sex. I had options before me. If I wanted a wild, sex life, Bisola would perfectly fit in, but I wanted
such a life no more. I preferred to go with cool Kike, and that would mean I had to drop 'the wild' aspect.

'I will pray for you,' Kike was saying. 'I love you and I really want to be your wife, but we have to pray.'

I felt lifted by her words. 'Alright, Kike. Don't worry, things will work out well.'

If I wasn't very sure before, now I was certain that I was in love with her. It didn't matter that she was our house maid. It didn't matter that my parents were the ones sponsoring her education. I was now fully convinced that Kike was the lady for me. The following morning, Tuesday, I took early morning flight to Abuja to work at the Abuja office. By Friday afternoon, I was back in Lagos. Kike and I were now in touch every day. Now,

I loved to hear her voice. I even had to persuade her to send her accounts details to me so that I would send some money to her. A couple of hours after I arrived Lagos that Friday afternoon, Dad called me.

'I want you to come to Ikeja this evening,' he said. 'There's a matter we need to discuss.'

'Okay, dad.'

By seven p.m., I was at our Ikeja home. Dad had not yet come, but mum was around. I gave mum a bear hug.

'This your new job is paying off,' she said. 'See how your cheeks are coming out.'

We laughed briefly. Dad did not come until eight o'clock. In the large living-room, dad, mum and I sat to discuss private matter.

'It's something we should have told you before now,' dad began. 'But we decided to wait until she is about to complete her education. Now, the
time is ripe.'

I was in the dark about what dad was talking about, so I kept quiet.

Get the complete story: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/a_thorn_in_the_flesh_18/26753

Read other interesting stories at: https://thrillplus..com/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Are We Underestimating Nairaland As A Means To Meet A Partner? / Chaii Which Kind Breast Is This Abeg / Most Beautiful Dark Female Nairalanders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.