Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

Edo Seals Off 13 Churches For Defying COVID-19 Directives - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Edo Seals Off 13 Churches For Defying COVID-19 Directives (47848 Views)

Chris Oyakhilome Speaks On Pastors Arrested For Defying Isolation Order / Saudi Arabia 'agrees Deal With Vatican To Build Churches For Christians / CAN Criticises Churches For Inviting Nollywood Celebrities, Musicians & Comedian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Seals Off 13 Churches For Defying COVID-19 Directives by agwom(m): 10:01pm On Apr 05, 2020
The Enforcement Team on COVID-19 in Ovia South-West Local Government Council of Edo state, on Sunday, locked up no fewer than 13 churches that refused to adhere to the state government’s directive on social distancing. The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the Vice Chairman of the council, Mr Fred Aimienwanwu, led the task force team on the exercise.

Aimienwanwu said that the team took the decision to visit some worship centres in order to ensure total compliance with the state government’s order to prevent the spread of Coronavirus in the state. NAN reports that the enforcement team was mandated by the council boss, Mr Destiny Enabulele, to enforce compliance and seal off the churches defying government’s order.

Aimienwanwu said that the team carried out the enforcement, acting on tip-off given by some individuals. “These observers reported that some churches directed their members to attend service in spite of the lockdown order by the federal, state and local governments,” he said. He further warned businesses and worship centres within the council area to adhere to the orders given by President Muhammadu Buhari, Gov. Godwin Obaseki and by extension, the local government chairman.

“There will be no hidden place for defaulters,” the vice chairman warned. Aimienwanwu was accompanied by other members of the committee, Secretary to the Local Government, Obateru Oladimeji and the Divisional Police Officer, Iguobazuwa division, Adenodi Bamidele, among others. (NAN)

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/social-distancing-edo-seals-off-13-churches-for-defying-covid-19-directive.html

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Seals Off 13 Churches For Defying COVID-19 Directives by Brighfuture(f): 10:03pm On Apr 05, 2020
Their phone numbers please... The church opposite my house is always disturbing me

166 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Edo Seals Off 13 Churches For Defying COVID-19 Directives by ojun50(m): 10:04pm On Apr 05, 2020
Good
Re: Edo Seals Off 13 Churches For Defying COVID-19 Directives by TheGiftedOne(m): 10:06pm On Apr 05, 2020
The church as an entity has over the years blindfolded it's followers to the truth. So it's not surprising that they continue to flout rules and government orders all in the name of being covered with the blood of Jesus.

Jesus don suffer for churches hand with the way they'll just be calling his name recklessly in every thing. The church is in the driving seat of the vehicle taking us to the express in this COVID-19 pandemic.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Seals Off 13 Churches For Defying COVID-19 Directives by ignis: 10:12pm On Apr 05, 2020
It is not enough to seal the churches.

The deaf and dumb members should be flogged 24 strokes of the cane on their bumbum irrespective of age and gender.

The pastors and leaders of such churches should be put in prison for 2 years. Next time they will take the government seriously.

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Edo Seals Off 13 Churches For Defying COVID-19 Directives by momodub: 10:12pm On Apr 05, 2020
Really ovokho

1 Like

Re: Edo Seals Off 13 Churches For Defying COVID-19 Directives by chiemmanuel(m): 10:12pm On Apr 05, 2020
This shows that some churches will just fold if they don't collect offerings

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Seals Off 13 Churches For Defying COVID-19 Directives by Slawormir: 10:12pm On Apr 05, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Isoright
Re: Edo Seals Off 13 Churches For Defying COVID-19 Directives by osaslord500(m): 10:12pm On Apr 05, 2020
Good move. I still don't know why some hooligans will take everything including health for granted. Yes God is the greatest but we need to help ourselves out first

12 Likes

Re: Edo Seals Off 13 Churches For Defying COVID-19 Directives by crafteeworld: 10:13pm On Apr 05, 2020
Nice one.

We must respect constituted authority at all times.

Contact us at crafteedesignworld for your Architectural and structural designs.
Check our signature for contact details.

Re: Edo Seals Off 13 Churches For Defying COVID-19 Directives by tolumizzy(m): 10:13pm On Apr 05, 2020
Weldone... Na by force
Re: Edo Seals Off 13 Churches For Defying COVID-19 Directives by Tonymegabush1(m): 10:13pm On Apr 05, 2020
Odi egwu

3 Likes

Re: Edo Seals Off 13 Churches For Defying COVID-19 Directives by NaijaOlosho(f): 10:13pm On Apr 05, 2020
grin
Re: Edo Seals Off 13 Churches For Defying COVID-19 Directives by IMASTEX: 10:13pm On Apr 05, 2020
Good development. We all need to cooperate now to avoid what we can't fight due to manpower, equipments, etc.

2 Likes

Re: Edo Seals Off 13 Churches For Defying COVID-19 Directives by tiso222(m): 10:13pm On Apr 05, 2020
shocked shocked shocked cool shocked
Re: Edo Seals Off 13 Churches For Defying COVID-19 Directives by ipobarethieves: 10:13pm On Apr 05, 2020
sad Naija pipu sha sad undecided sad! If u nor go Church,God nor go answer ur prayer undecided sad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Seals Off 13 Churches For Defying COVID-19 Directives by fearless247: 10:13pm On Apr 05, 2020
Brighfuture:
Their phone numbers please... The church opposite my house is always disturbing me
AntiChrist.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Seals Off 13 Churches For Defying COVID-19 Directives by Franzinni: 10:13pm On Apr 05, 2020
Government lock the houses of God !!! How is that possible ?

2 Likes

Re: Edo Seals Off 13 Churches For Defying COVID-19 Directives by Zico5(m): 10:14pm On Apr 05, 2020
I wonder why some pastors could not obey simple order. Even Jesus obeyed the authorities.

12 Likes

Re: Edo Seals Off 13 Churches For Defying COVID-19 Directives by Imperare(f): 10:14pm On Apr 05, 2020
I think the pastors of those churches failed to understand that their member's life and health should come first. Italy for instance is highly religious, look where they are now.
the pastors in question should have used the live streaming platform. I also don't judge them because I know that pastoring (leading people) is not easy. some members behave like animals. and can't really obey simple instruction. I pray that this matter would be resolved soon.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Seals Off 13 Churches For Defying COVID-19 Directives by Jalinspy(f): 10:14pm On Apr 05, 2020
That's how my Pastor was calling me on phone today to come to the church in this critical time undecided. Thank God i stayed back.

3 Likes

Re: Edo Seals Off 13 Churches For Defying COVID-19 Directives by GeniusWeb: 10:14pm On Apr 05, 2020
this is serious
Re: Edo Seals Off 13 Churches For Defying COVID-19 Directives by SEGLIZ: 10:14pm On Apr 05, 2020
the pastors should be arrested and prosecuted.

3 Likes

Re: Edo Seals Off 13 Churches For Defying COVID-19 Directives by Bukden16(m): 10:14pm On Apr 05, 2020
Have their abroad based Italian sisters come back..?

Re: Edo Seals Off 13 Churches For Defying COVID-19 Directives by gfon(m): 10:14pm On Apr 05, 2020
I need to report churches in my area. Any number i can call?

5 Likes

Re: Edo Seals Off 13 Churches For Defying COVID-19 Directives by PureGoldh(m): 10:15pm On Apr 05, 2020
Just speechless
Re: Edo Seals Off 13 Churches For Defying COVID-19 Directives by GoshenNLA(m): 10:15pm On Apr 05, 2020
I believe if the church can observe the necesary preventive measures, social distancing, facemask, washing of hands, sanitizers, service can still hold BUT strict compliances with the preventive rules
We need the church too at this time, not just common sensitical things, i believe Covid19 is spiritual one kin, God dey vex
Re: Edo Seals Off 13 Churches For Defying COVID-19 Directives by emeijeh(m): 10:15pm On Apr 05, 2020
All na to pave way for the Anti-Christ.

Things will begin to unfold in the coming months.
Brace up guys, brace up The church!
The end is here.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Seals Off 13 Churches For Defying COVID-19 Directives by ursullalinda(f): 10:15pm On Apr 05, 2020
Good.....Nigerians always claiming too religious.

3 Likes

Re: Edo Seals Off 13 Churches For Defying COVID-19 Directives by fearless247: 10:15pm On Apr 05, 2020
TheGiftedOne:
The church as an entity has over the years blindfolded is followers to the truth. So it's not surprising they continue to flaunt rules and government orders all in the name of being covered with the blood of Jesus.

Jesus don suffer for churches hand. They'd be calling his name recklessly. The church is in the driving seat of the vehicle taking us to express in this COVID-19 pandemic.

What about the Mosque still holding prayers on Friday? People are so scared of police station being burnt down. hypocrites.

30 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Reacts To Bishop Oyedepo's 'Dangerously Rich' Statement / Grammy Winner Mandisa Dies At Age 47: 'She Is With The God She Sang About' / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Ashimolowo's Allegations: "I Didn't Beat My Ex-Wife"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.