Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,439 members, 7,808,575 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund (30382 Views)

East-West Road: Akpabio Secures ₦10bn Funding From Sovereign Sukuk Issuance / Wike Tells FG To Fund East West Road From Sovereign Wealth Fund / COVID-19: Buhari Tests Negative, Kyari Is Positive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by michoim(m): 3:01pm On Apr 06, 2020
vertueptime:
It will be stolen last last
if all monies are stolen(as you allude) will you be collecting salary as government workers?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by rusher14: 3:02pm On Apr 06, 2020
Obec70:
With all the billions donated, yet this one again! when will the masses feel the effects of this billions as they are being locked down to starvation? cost by the carelessness of our leaders

The BMO drew the attention of Nigerians to the fact that all the donations announced by individuals and corporate bodies did not involve any cash remittance to the coffers of the Federal Government. " Donors made it clear that the donations would be in the form of equipment and medicaments required to fight the virus, treat its victims and stop its further spread in the country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by Kuginzi: 3:02pm On Apr 06, 2020
Meninmen:
This man has borrowed from right, left centre, with nothing to show. Now, COVID-19 has given him the opportunity to loot our little savings. I just hope the next president after this clueless idiot will even see money to pay salaries.

Where are those that were shouting "Mr integrity" in 2015? Under integrity, more people are now dying of hunger, we are now the headquarter of poverty in the world.

Integrity kill una there
Buhari is honest and has character!! God will support him to do his best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by bizhop01: 3:04pm On Apr 06, 2020
GIANT OF AFRICA,

Hero to Zero
Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by suremanpatriot: 3:04pm On Apr 06, 2020
you could imagine wht this ppl are doin with naija money while ppl dey home.No transparency Nothing!

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by madridsta007(m): 3:05pm On Apr 06, 2020
vertueptime:
It will be stolen last last

The President in 2023, if he or she comes outside APC, will be saddled with dealing with a debt amount that, perhaps, no other African nation has ever seen in its existence.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by israelmao(m): 3:05pm On Apr 06, 2020
This is period may be exploited for looting the unlootable.
Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by MrNipplesLover(m): 3:06pm On Apr 06, 2020
by the time Buhari finish with this country ehn, una go cry for weeks una no go see tears.

grin grin
Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by somehow: 3:07pm On Apr 06, 2020
Apart from paying salaries, what else are these 3 ties of government going to use the money for since everything is on lockdown?
Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by Kuginzi: 3:07pm On Apr 06, 2020
Damntruth:
had things I wanted to explain why I made that comment ,but reading your previous post.. It obvious u are among the few deluded ones we have in the country ..adiós
Just because I dont support PDP/Atiku does not mean u should insult me. I need a constructive argument and not arguing like a tout.
Meanwhile, Buhari is working diligently to correct our mistakes as a nation. By the Grace of God, Buhari will succeed in lifting Nigeria to the greater height.
Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by Mizwisdom(f): 3:07pm On Apr 06, 2020
rusher14:

Why are we always blinkered in this country?

Is the money strictly for patients?

One minute you ask for palliative, the next minute you say don't use our money.

What exactly do you want?

I'm one of the last person that will blame or accuse PMB unjustly, but this decision he has made is clearly to loot our funds. Covid 19 hasn't killed up to 50, what is the $150 million going to be used for? is it to prepare more isolation centres that will later be abandoned or feed and pay more doctors while they wait idly for patients or what? how on earth will they justify spending such an amount if eventually Corona doesn't take more than 500 lives, they don't even spend as much on Malaria and TB treatment, and these two diseases cause more havoc and kill much more people annually. I refuse to support Buhari sheepishly since he has a policy of making masses pay for his poor judgements.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by kemi2678: 3:08pm On Apr 06, 2020
Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by Jabioro: 3:09pm On Apr 06, 2020
Here will go..less than a month,the government had gone to deep hand into the little saving to squandered..I am saying with all my heart that it is sin for me to Nigerians.
Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by truthstands01: 3:10pm On Apr 06, 2020
Where are all the Billions donated by Nigerians? Where are all the so called billions recovered from looted funds? This man is out to totally destroy Nigeria. He's a total disaster. When other countries are transferring cash to the accounts of their citizens, Nigerian government is embezzling the wealth of the nation. What has Nigeria gotten themselves into?

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by truthstands01: 3:11pm On Apr 06, 2020
Kuginzi:

Just because I dont support PDP/Atiku does not mean u should insult me. I need a constructive argument and not arguing like a tout.
Meanwhile, Buhari is working diligently to correct our mistakes as a nation. By the Grace of God, Buhari will succeed in lifting Nigeria to the greater height.

Says who?
Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by Gerald454: 3:11pm On Apr 06, 2020
NaijaMutant:

Buhari must finish everything before 2023 grin

He is here to steal, kill and destroy

Which of the buhari are u talking about? The one u only see on picture or the one that hate to appear on video
Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by rusher14: 3:13pm On Apr 06, 2020
Mizwisdom:

I'm one of the last person that will blame or accuse PMB unjustly, but this decision he has made is clearly to loot our funds. Covid 19 hasn't killed up to 50, what is the $150 million going to be used for? is it to prepare more isolation centres that will later be abandoned or feed and pay more doctors while they wait idly for patients or what? how on earth will they justify spending such an amount if eventually Corona doesn't take more than 500 lives, they don't even spend as much on Malaria and TB treatment, and these two diseases cause more havoc and kill much more people annually. I refuse to support Buhari sheepishly since he has a policy of making masses pay for his poor judgements.

Are you assuming Nigeria is an island?

All countries are going into their reserves to buffer their economy otherwise they face a crisis never before witnessed.

It appears many Nigerians are still living in lala land.

The impact of the pandemic on every single country that occupies any space on our planet cannot be toyed with.

If we were facing a war, would you question this?
Well if this isn't a physical war, be sure the famine and fallout of the war would be real.

In weeks to come, Nigerians would begin to realise.
Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by internet: 3:15pm On Apr 06, 2020
rusher14:

Why are we always blinkered in this country?

Is the money strictly for patients?

One minute you ask for palliative, the next minute you say don't use our money.

What exactly do you want?
. which palliative? nonsense, stupid, confused and a fraudulent government. no covid 19 in Nigeria. just an avenue to enrich themselves. Nigeria can not stand or survive covid 19.
Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by Vulcan24(m): 3:17pm On Apr 06, 2020
govt revenue drops but it's too early to resort to spending savings, when work resumes and the real expenses hit wat will u spend ?

with the dropping oil prices how do u Bal the deficit in your budget?

these guys are referring to their lavish spendings not govt revenue and looking for ways to augment it.

what we hear is kits and kits been imported yet the front lines are complaining of poor remuneration, so wetin una dey use d money for?
Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by somziency: 3:17pm On Apr 06, 2020
God please save this Country.
Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by rusher14: 3:17pm On Apr 06, 2020
internet:
. which palliative? nonsense, stupid, confused and a fraudulent government. no covid 19 in Nigeria. just an avenue to enrich themselves. Nigeria can not stand or survive covid 19.

It appears you were hoping thousands of Nigerians would be dying but disappointed it hasn't happened.
Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by Kuginzi: 3:19pm On Apr 06, 2020
truthstands01:

Says who?
When I voted for Buhari, I did so with a number of things in mind.
I realized that few individuals had already kidnapped our nation & were holding it hostage. We need a man of honesty and integrity. I had strong feelings that president Buhari could try his best.
So instead of your hatred leading to baseless criticism, pls pray for him to succeed. If he could succeed by taking Nigeria to a greater heigh, then u and me shall be d beneficiaries and not only Buhari's allies.
Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by internet: 3:21pm On Apr 06, 2020
rusher14:

It appears you were hoping thousands of Nigerians would be dying but disappointed it hasn't happened.

. one gullible Nigerian spotted.
Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by MondayOsunbor(m): 3:23pm On Apr 06, 2020
Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by nedekid: 3:24pm On Apr 06, 2020
fergie001:

https://punchng.com/breaking-covid-19-buhari-approves-withdrawal-of-150m-from-sovereign-wealth-fund/?amp=1&__twitter_impression=true
Aboki, them must squander the whole money sha grin
Those days when we were younger, parents will advice their spendthrift kids on the vertues of saving by telling them not to be like malam that will say "let's chop all today, Allah will provide tomorrow"
Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by MondayOsunbor(m): 3:25pm On Apr 06, 2020
Kuginzi:

I realized that few individuals had already kidnapped our nation & were holding it hostage. We need a man of honesty and integrity. I had strong feelings that president Buhari could try his best.
So instead of your hatred leading to baseless criticism, pls pray for him to succeed. If he could succeed by taking Nigeria to a greater heigh, then u and me shall be d beneficiaries and not only Buhari's allies.

anybody who even voted for buhari should face firing squad
Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by Kuginzi: 3:31pm On Apr 06, 2020
MondayOsunbor:

anybody who even voted for buhari should face firing squad
Simply because your "Atiku is Coming" never comes. May he never come forever and ever. Amenn, so that your frustration will increase.
Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by senatordave1(m): 3:32pm On Apr 06, 2020
Mizwisdom:

My fellow cross riverian,the money is strictly to augment the monthly revenue of fg,states and lgas.nothing more,nothing less.most people attscking buhari there are misled by the op and his headline.you dont need to be told that our revenue has dipped,some states are saying they may not be able to cope.oil price is plummetting and revenue for April will dip further due to this pandemic.why suffer when we have savings which can ameriorate the situation?

Oga fergie,please edit the post to reveal strictly the news and even the headline.i believe you didnt do it intentionally

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by kemi464: 3:32pm On Apr 06, 2020
Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by bigtt76(f): 3:34pm On Apr 06, 2020
Isn't this meant to pass through the national assembly (rubber stamp department)? Besides ...what is this for? Can't the states cut their coats according to their pocket?

fergie001:

https://punchng.com/breaking-covid-19-buhari-approves-withdrawal-of-150m-from-sovereign-wealth-fund/?amp=1&__twitter_impression=true

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by nedekid: 3:39pm On Apr 06, 2020
Kuginzi:

If by now you have not wised up, you never will!
A man that all his kids schooled abroad. Ear pains him he flies to UK, same applies to mess. Man that has never turned N1 to N2 before. Government pikin from start to finish. Person that has not written one book, even if it's just to tell us of his challenges in the army or in government. A first class in mental laziness.
The man has nothing to offer and never will. If you where there in the early 80ies during his military times, you will know better. Give him Germany, USA, Qatar, Dubai economy to run for 1 year and the man will drive it to recession. From no where problems will come that will cause recession.
Someone that took 9 months to appoint ministers and would have taken longer if not for pressure. That was a period of world recession ohh. When other countries were putting their thinking caps and hitting the ground running.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Gani Audu In Certificate Forgery Case - ADP Accuses Ize-Iyamu’s Running Mate / Bola Tinubu Meets With Former National Assembly Members / "Nigerians Put To Shame Prophets Of Doom On 2015 Election" - Goodluck Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.