Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,877 members, 7,806,522 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:49 PM

COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund (30373 Views)

East-West Road: Akpabio Secures ₦10bn Funding From Sovereign Sukuk Issuance / Wike Tells FG To Fund East West Road From Sovereign Wealth Fund / COVID-19: Buhari Tests Negative, Kyari Is Positive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by topstone4: 6:29pm On Apr 06, 2020
Miracle1991:
Any person that can use leg to wake his father is as useless as dog shit. And everyone knows those people that wake their parents with leg.

Lolz. It's obvious that being a Buhari ass licker tampers with some people's brains. The senseless ass lickers think everyone who doesn't act like a Buhari fool must be an Igbo. They are cursed with stupidity and can never be free.

They know they have failed and that their fake integrity has been exposed for what it is a really is. Cursed idiots that praise buahri for being a failure.

And to think this same idiots never thought twice to call Jonathan unprintable names. Now, they find it difficult to swallow their own bitter pills. Bunch of cursed omo àlès.

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by Kuginzi: 6:46pm On Apr 06, 2020
lexy2014:

I didn't ask u if "better de come". See what I asked u:

Are u saying God hasn't been supporting buhari all these years? By d way, has d meaning of honest changed?
Pls note: " It's easier to destroy something but to repair it is difficult". The damages done to our nation cannot be repaired within a short period of time. It takes prayers, patient sacrifice and hardwork to transform Nigeria again. Remember, the price of crude oil fell when Buhari took over. So he is working diligently within his power in correcting the wrongs. And by the Grace of God, we shall get there.
Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by lexy2014: 6:48pm On Apr 06, 2020
Kuginzi:

Pls note: " It's easier to destroy something but to repair it is difficult". The damages done to our nation cannot be repaired within a short period of time. It takes prayers, patient sacrifice and hardwork to transform Nigeria again. Remember, the price of crude oil fell when Buhari took over. So he is working diligently within his power in correcting the wrongs. And by the Grace of God, we shall get there.

U still haven't answered my questions:

Are u saying God hasn't been supporting buhari all these years? By d way, has d meaning of honest changed?
Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by Kuginzi: 6:52pm On Apr 06, 2020
lexy2014:

U still haven't answered my questions:

God is helping him off course, that's why he is not borrowing to pay salaries just like his predecessor did before handing over. Secondly, there is no more bombing of Churches and mosques in the Northeast again. Thirdly, he took us out of recession. Lastly, Infrastructural development is going on( rails, roads, etc). So God is Great!!
Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by lexy2014: 6:56pm On Apr 06, 2020
Kuginzi:

God is helping him off course, that's why he is not borrowing to pay salaries just like his predecessor did before handing over. Secondly, there is no more bombing of Churches and mosques in the Northeast again. Thirdly, he took us out of recession. Lastly, Infrastructural development is going on( rails, roads, etc). So God is Great!!

U didn't answer this: has d meaning of honest changed?
Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by lexy2014: 7:01pm On Apr 06, 2020
Kuginzi:

What was d damage done to d country and what has been repairs?

Can u name one country in d world were they used prayers to solve national problems?

When u say "patient sacrifice", what do u mean and who is to make that "patient sacrifice"?

Who is doing d hardwork u mentioned? Have Nigerians not been working hard?

Kindly name what buhari has done with his diligent work?
Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by Banmeallday: 7:02pm On Apr 06, 2020
WHy is th journalist still using Major General to describe him as if he forgot? LOL
Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by Deepfreezer(m): 7:08pm On Apr 06, 2020
grin grin we are doomed
NaijaMutant:

Buhari must finish everything before 2023 grin

He is here to steal, kill and destroy
Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by CyberWolf: 7:13pm On Apr 06, 2020
That’s N57 billion shocked .. Looters are already positioning themselves.
Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by senatordave1(m): 7:18pm On Apr 06, 2020
Mizwisdom:

Bruh the you're right

For a state like crs where the government only pays salaries,that money is crucial.as far as government projects cannot continue,payment of salary must not stop

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by Kuginzi: 7:22pm On Apr 06, 2020
lexy2014:

Can u name one country in d world were they used prayers to solve national problems?

When u say "patient sacrifice", what do u mean and who is to make that "patient sacrifice"?

CORRUPTION: For years, corruption was institutionalized &groomed into a monster. It has consumed the fabric of our society.
INSECURITY: Our dear nation was on fire. No one was safe from Bokoharam. Insurgency became our daily routine. There was no week without Bomblast either mosques or churches. Christians were unable to celebrate Christmas in the Northeast before Buhari's arrival. Kidnapping of school pupils (e.g Chibok girls) became business. It was death, arson & destruction everywhere. Bombs, bombs & bombs everywhere. Bokoharam ruled the nation freely while d government looked the other way. Thanks to Buhari & our gallant soldiers who subdued the Bokoharam militants.
Billions were stolen in d name of fuel subsidy and purchase of military equipments to fight Insurgency. They milked the nation dry.
If u know where Nigeria is coming from yesterday, you will appreciate where Nigeria is today and HAVE HOPE FOR A BETTER NIGERIA TOMORROW.
Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by Nobody: 7:39pm On Apr 06, 2020
Kuginzi:

The hatred you've already developed for Buhari will never let u see any good about him. The bold step he is taking to provide Funds from World bank, IMF, African Development Bank, etc in this period of Pandemic (global Economic recession) is a sign that he cares for Nigeria. May God continue to guide him. Ameen

I Don't hate anybody, not to talk of hating someone who doesn't know I exist. But I analyse situations and draw conclusions.

He has takes bold step to borrow funds. Please, tell me, has he not been borrowing b4? The money he has borrowed is more than the money all past PDP presidents borrowed. Someone, in 5 years has borrowed MORE money than what others borrowed in 16 years. More o, not same money. More. Please, can you tell me what has been done with such monies?

Let's have an intelligent discourse. You will tell me the achievements of Buhari as president while I show you how clueless, evil and corrupt and disastrous he is. Facts will be presented

I will wait for your response.
Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by Nobody: 7:45pm On Apr 06, 2020
Kuginzi:

The hatred you've already developed for Buhari will never let u see any good about him. The bold step he is taking to provide Funds from World bank, IMF, African Development Bank, etc in this period of Pandemic (global Economic recession) is a sign that he cares for Nigeria. May God continue to guide him. Ameen

This just made front page. You know I asked you to look up the definition of someone who is honest and has character.

You remember Buhari said Abacha never stole any money. That Abacha was not corrupt. Years after, we are still talking about his looted funds. But your hero said be didn't steal any money. Now, his govt cut a deal with Bagudu for money he said Abacha didn't steal.

Make una still dey use una brain small. Just small

Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by inyenejo(m): 7:46pm On Apr 06, 2020
We apologise to Abacha and his family because we have finally seen the most corrupt President in the history of mankind , under normal circumstances, a Fulani man is not supposed to rule this country again, never again!

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by Kuginzi: 7:50pm On Apr 06, 2020
Meninmen:

I Don't hate anybody, not to talk of hating someone who doesn't know I exist. But I analyse situations and draw conclusions.

He has takes bold step to borrow funds. Please, tell me, has he not been borrowing b4? The money he has borrowed is more than the money all past PDP presidents borrowed. Someone, in 5 years has borrowed MORE money than what others borrowed in 16 years. More o, not same money. More. Please, can you tell me what has been done with such monies?

Let's have an intelligent discourse. You will tell me the achievements of Buhari as president while I show you how clueless, evil and corrupt and disastrous he is. Facts will be presented

I will wait for your response.
You see!! Nigeria is not borrowing the $50M Bond from IMF, Africa Development Bank, and the World Bank Bond President Buhari just applied for. The money is ours, it's our long term savings with them.
Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by Kuginzi: 7:51pm On Apr 06, 2020
Meninmen:

This just made front page. You know I asked you to look up the definition of someone who is honest and has character.

You remember Buhari said Abacha never stole any money. That Abacha was not corrupt. Years after, we are still talking about his looted funds. But your hero said be didn't steal any money. Now, his govt cut a deal with Bagudu for money he said Abacha didn't steal.

Make una still dey use una brain small. Just small
Pls can u upload d video or audio where Buhari said that?
Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by Nobody: 7:58pm On Apr 06, 2020
Kuginzi:

Pls can u upload d video or audio where Buhari said that?

You need video or audio? Lol. It's everywhere in the news media. Type it on google and read it in vanguard newspaper. Or now you don't believe the newsprint?

Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by Kuginzi: 8:04pm On Apr 06, 2020
Meninmen:

You need video or audio? Lol. It's everywhere in the news media. Type it on google and read it in vanguard newspaper. Or now you don't believe the newsprint?
I don't believe it. I need an audio or Video clip
Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by Nobody: 8:08pm On Apr 06, 2020
Kuginzi:

You see!! Nigeria is not borrowing the $50M Bond from IMF, Africa Development Bank, and the World Bank Bond President Buhari just applied for. The money is ours, it's our long term savings with them.

Be there deceiving yourself. The govt is to withdraw $150 million dollars from the sovereign wealth fund and also approach the World bank and IMF for more funds.

Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by Nobody: 8:08pm On Apr 06, 2020
Kuginzi:

I don't believe it. I need an audio or Video clip

How will you believe before. Zombie

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by dreamwords: 8:16pm On Apr 06, 2020
I neef 1% of that funds
Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by DedeNkem: 8:18pm On Apr 06, 2020
Buhari and his fellow thieves are looting public funds in the name of "fighting covid 19"!
Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by Seventy7kings: 8:48pm On Apr 06, 2020
festacman:
Now, the Governors have no reason not to pay salaries.
exactly my thought
Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by Kuginzi: 10:07pm On Apr 06, 2020
Meninmen:

How will you believe before. Zombie
Hahaha.... So it's all just insinuations!!
Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by Kuginzi: 10:08pm On Apr 06, 2020
Meninmen:

Be there deceiving yourself. The govt is to withdraw $150 million dollars from the sovereign wealth fund and also approach the World bank and IMF for more funds.
The money will be used for Nigeria and Nigerians.
Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by connkg(m): 10:18pm On Apr 06, 2020
I thought the Nigerian Customs gave wonderful figures just weeks ago? It appeared they could singlehandedly fund the budget in days...
Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by lexy2014: 11:03pm On Apr 06, 2020
Kuginzi:

Are u saying that when a president isn't doing well then it means God isn't helping him?

What funds did buhari use in paying salaries and executing d war on terror in his first month in office?

How did Nigeria get into recession in d first place?

Is this first time in d history Nigeria that we are seeing roads and rails being built? Pls what is etc?

What has Gods greatness got to do with d discussion?
Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by lexy2014: 11:25pm On Apr 06, 2020
Kuginzi:

CORRUPTION: For years, corruption was institutionalized &groomed into a monster. It has consumed the fabric of our society.
INSECURITY: Our dear nation was on fire. No one was safe from Bokoharam. Insurgency became our daily routine. There was no week without Bomblast either mosques or churches. Christians were unable to celebrate Christmas in the Northeast before Buhari's arrival. Kidnapping of school pupils (e.g Chibok girls) became business. It was death, arson & destruction everywhere. Bombs, bombs & bombs everywhere. Bokoharam ruled the nation freely while d government looked the other way. Thanks to Buhari & our gallant soldiers who subdued the Bokoharam militants.
Billions were stolen in d name of fuel subsidy and purchase of military equipments to fight Insurgency. They milked the nation dry.
If u know where Nigeria is coming from yesterday, you will appreciate where Nigeria is today and HAVE HOPE FOR A BETTER NIGERIA TOMORROW.

U barely answered d following questions:
lexy2014:

Pls what is d state of corruption right now in Nigeria?

According to u:
"INSECURITY: Our dear nation was on fire. No one was safe from Bokoharam."

When u say "no one was safe...", who is d no one? Was it d whole nation that was on fire?

U say "they milked the nation dry". Who did? Are u saying there was nothing left after "they milked the nation dry"?
Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by jeph19(m): 11:47pm On Apr 06, 2020
The future of the country has been mortgaged
His tenure is the worst, even if imagine withdrawing 150 million USD equivalent to
55,050,000,000.00 (fifty five billion and fifty million naira) haba... What's there for generations after...?
This will eventually lead to more devaluation of our currency and lead to a deficit in the future

Lastly, you and I know the money will not get to the local man.
This administration would be very happy for this Corona because it has appeared to be a cash cow
Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by Gamelord007: 12:34am On Apr 07, 2020
johnmartus:
What is your problem guy . Is your money they withdraw?

Yes its our MONEY !
Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by Gamelord007: 12:35am On Apr 07, 2020
johnmartus:
What is your problem guy . Is your money they withdraw?

Yes, its our MONEY !
Re: COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund by Gamelord007: 1:23am On Apr 07, 2020
You are talking here about him

*Finishing almost all savings from our excess crude oil account ( shared among the 36 state governors) , ,
*Diverting 1 billion US dollars from the excess crude oil account to the Nigerian army which some would also be diverted for the personal use of the top hierarchy of the Nigerian Army and it goes with his faulty reasoning- that the money is to be used fighting bokoharam.
Now almost all our savings have been used up his next attraction is to drain our sovereign wealth funds. What a pathetic kind of leader this is.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

INEC Must Transmit Governorship Election Results Electronically - Court / Presidential Result In Akwa Ibom: PDP Wins, APC Rejects Result - The Nation / Ahmed Idimi Shares On A Private Jet (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.