Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,333 members, 7,780,871 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:24 AM

Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site. (2036212 Views)

The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult / Christ Embassy's Yookos Vs Mark Zuckerberg's Facebook / 2 Year Old Christ Embassy Girl Speaks In Tongues And Preaches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site. by osaxx: 4:19pm On Jan 20, 2011
wow! this is the best thing to happen to the world from africa, pastor chris and c.e always in for practical christainity, god is really using you to cross boundry, that is because u have a great faith, i have been following you, only great men are spoken of, love u, thank god fro given u to us, jesus is really alive
Re: Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site. by Chiunda: 6:20am On Feb 07, 2011
Pastor Chris

Thank you so much for introducing yookos to us as the program has many features which will help us be it in business or to communicate with you our Man of God.

It is so encouraging and we can also market our businesses through this network

Regards

Bro Henry Sande
Christ Embassy Benoni,Johannesburg,South Africa
Re: Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site. by worldsearc(m): 5:09pm On Feb 07, 2011
Great 6 letter domain name. The whole concept is nice and forward looking but the technology or scripting is not smart enough to take the industry by storm.

The whole website needs an overhaul sincerely. The site elements like links, graphics and presentation is nothing close to web2.0. It is more like a miniature twitter not a social network.

I would propose a better concept like giving the user a better experience and value for their time spent on the network. The sad truth is, the internet has become very competitive and there is no way you can break through with new technologies if you don't do things differently and with acceptable standards.
Re: Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site. by elomi: 12:45pm On Feb 08, 2011
Good for yookos.com and their developers/owners.

Come to think of it, I posted a new website that owns 100% their code and ideas and it was removed by the site moderators.

This is not fair and we say we encourage hardwork.

We should learn to practice what we preach and treat others as we would like to be treated.

Can somebody tell me what he/she thinks about bijemi.com?

Please let us encourage originality and creativity and not mediocrity.
Re: Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site. by kachiface(m): 4:51am On Mar 01, 2011
Hmm, i forsee a big problem when this site will need scaling and expansion to cope with growth - both it's own and industry wide. The social space keeps expanding and that's why Facebook keeps improving, adding new things, opening platforms for other businesses to connect and depend upon.

As for Yookos, the fact that it runs on open source, it may not be able to scale so quickly or at all. Further down the road, they will see these problems. As is often said, some level wisdom (phronesis) comes from experience.

E.g. Nairaland (though a Great and impressive work, kudos to Seun) is open source, hence, we have not seen much (or any) innovation and expansion in the past like 5years?
Re: Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site. by Nobody: 8:46pm On Mar 01, 2011
Nigerians, we still think in a Myopic light, with highly Fallacious words.

Three things i want to address.

1. License terms should be met, regardless of who is involved, you should not conceal the fact and encourage copyright breach!

2. Sly spoke on security and Lagos Host said who cares. I guess that shows the kind of developer he is. Security is of utmost importance and should be taken to account. The earlier we know that security of users data on a site is their right, the better for we developers.

3. I guess many of us here have not heard of API, Scripts, Codes and things like that. Let's start accepting the honest fact that a developer can not write every thing from scratch in all cases. Regardless of if the backbone of any site or just a fragment uses some borrowed technology, the final output is the main thing!.

Generally the site needs an improvement in terms of speed, if many users are expected to use it. As for the Layout, sites of this nature are best built this way, for the suggested given in the earlier part of this paragraph!
Re: Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site. by Cactus(m): 11:15am On Mar 02, 2011
@kachi_face  "fact that it runs on open source, it may not be able to scale so quickly or at all"

If you are not sure of what you are writing it is best not to write anything all. Tools that companies like facebook use to scale their application were open source and they created some of their own and provided them to everyone as open source. Basically what you are saying is similar to this that a group of people decided to create a F1 racing car. However, since they are not corporate, they may not have the necessary knowledge and tools to create a high performance car that will be able to compete with companies like ferrari. This is absolutely flawed.

For your reference
http://developers.facebook.com/opensource/
http://www.slideshare.net/davemitz/7-stages-of-scaling-web-applications
http://highscalability.com/scaling-digg-and-other-web-applications
http://www.developerzen.com/2008/08/13/scaling-web-application-recommended-readings/

I have taken the time to help search for resources, hope you can read and others to so they understand what scaling is about.
Re: Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site. by mrperfect(m): 3:52pm On Mar 02, 2011
I think this is a welcome development, it just that the site takes time to load.
Re: Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site. by kachiface(m): 11:28am On Mar 03, 2011
@Cactus: It's a pity my use of the broad term "open source" has misled you in understanding my point or the context of it.

Open source is surely the way to go, Facebook run's on open source, yes. I build on open source PHP etc.

My point was, not quite about the "open source" as it was about the fact that an off-the-shelf solution never really works for a huge portal. Check the world over and investigate the histories of the really BIG hits. I mean really big, not just a few hundred thousand hits.

I tried to use the context of Nairaland - Please educate me, if you will:
1. Why is it not available in multiple other channels? Mobile apps, Ipad, a mobile site, BB app etc?
2. Why have there been no 'real' upgrades/updates in the user experience
3. Why didn't I get a desktop app with it, plus a notifier to tag my interests?
4. Why is there no way of filtering a delivering to me (even if via RSS) topics I am interested in ONLY, and maybe people I choose to follow their comments etc?

I can keep going, and you can of course choose to take a defensive stance, or like many nairalanders, use abusive language, Your choice.

Open Source - I can conceptualize a car, have Ferarri build me an engine (my specs possibly), make the seats by some custom designer, get the windshields etc from another and the bumpers from China - cool, really cool. That's Open Source.

However, i will definitely have a problem if I buy a Kia Cerato, love-vendor it up, blah blah blah, some things - nah - lots of things, I cannot do anything about. - That's my point.
Re: Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site. by Cactus(m): 9:18pm On Mar 03, 2011
All these questions are easily answered. Ask the owner of the site how far he is willing to go to put these features. It is not about why are they not there, ask the owner why has he not decided to put these things in place. I have suggested some previously. It seems like he is just simply satisfied. This is not an issue about the limitation of the application being used on this site.

This is more like ok, I have this up and running, and I have people on it so I am satisfied withi what i have no need to change much let it just run itself? Why put in more effort if I am getting things out of it? Well, definitely more effort can be put in place to make this work better and also for the owner to benefit more from this but guess what? He is just satisfied with what is and not what should be.

This is not about open source or closed source. Google SMF RSS, SMF mobile you will find solutions that are in existence based of the same application NL is running off. Simple Machine Forum

This is just an individual's willingness to go as far as he/she could go but doesnt wish to go.
http://kb.siteground.com/article/How_to_enable_RSS_in_SMF.html

it is not about software platform it is about user mentality. Dont let the computer use you, use the computer
Re: Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site. by honeywallz: 3:39am On May 11, 2011
hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe. LOL!!! i don learn english today grin shocked
Re: Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site. by iwantto(m): 11:10am On May 11, 2011
This is the current stats for yookos.com from Alexa

Average Load Time for Yookos.com
Very Slow (8.459 Seconds), 99% of sites are faster.

99% of websites on the internet is faster than Yookos.com, this is quite strange given the size of the website owner and pedigre

7 day 103,007 +34,888
1 month 61,736 +14,431
3 month 43,687 +2,090

The site traffic is drastically falling daily, meaning lot of people has stopped using the website most likely due to its load time or lack of mission driven contents.

My Opinion:
Nigerians need to understand that a web project should be treated like a normal company with proper staffing and daily contributions and assessment of progress. Yookos need a proper development team to steer it.
Re: Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site. by tansill: 4:57pm On May 11, 2011
Yookos is a great site, even though they might have used an open source script. And i hope they move up high,

Am also a developer and currently in India studying BScIT. Have always wanted to make Africa proud in the world of IT (WEB in specific), it's a strong will which drove me into currently working on something similar to Yookos, a social networking site which is still at a the starting stage. I need 5 more developers to work with cos with the plan i have layed out and with the help of GOD, i realised this site development will take months if i was to code everything alone. Though have some of the php libraries (signup, login, captcha, mail, database, pagination, multilang, template_switching and many more).
The developers am looking for will be my TEAM to work together an make this site a reality. The core reason for this site is for the christian world which is also opened to everyone.

The developers am looking for will be specific in this fields,
1. PHP
2. JQUERY AND AJAX
3. HTML AND CSS
4. GRAPHIC DESIGNER
5. FLASH AND ACTION 3 DEVELOPER.

I am currently good in PHP, HTML and CSS. :-D. but will be learning Jquery with Ajax soon. If you're interested PM here.

CHelo.
Re: Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site. by dearaijay(f): 5:37pm On Jun 17, 2011
hi y'all. enjoyed your talks n they all got me thinking. i really didnt like the rude comments by some attacking oda pple's opinions. bt its al gud.
Hey, i hav ds great idea dat i think will put Nigeria on top on the social network websites map. bt i gat a problem - i know nothing abt building a website. being tryin to learn tho. had to start wt creating a blog, created a very active facebook group, learnt sm stuff der, nw I think i am ready to start the social network website. Just paid for the domain name today - .com. Anyone willing to lend his/her experienced ear n hands n mind to the project?
Re: Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site. by DualCore1: 5:53pm On Jun 17, 2011
That domain is still available, edit your post and remove it.
Re: Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site. by tansill: 6:09am On Jun 18, 2011
Dearaijay, i will like to hear how, you can pull this off, Am a nigerian and a programmer. Presently studying in India, If you check the post before your post you'll see my previous post about also working on social site and also trying to recruite programmer and would also love to work with you, as and someone with good ideas too are welcome,
What do you think ?
Re: Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site. by mayraja(f): 3:04am On Jun 25, 2011
cry :I love to join Christ embassy and also worship with them every sunday. but there is no Christ embassy here in Baltimore Maryland USA
Re: Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site. by mayraja(f): 3:11am On Jun 25, 2011
cry :I love to join Christ embassy and also worship with them every sunday. but there is no Christ embassy here in Baltimore Maryland USA.
someone tell me what to do
Re: Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site. by crossman9(m): 7:53pm On Jul 03, 2011
yookos the site you cant join no matter how hard you try to mission impossible
Re: Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site. by crossman9(m): 9:41pm On Jul 03, 2011
how do join the site it is impossible not even tom cruise will break him to join
Re: Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site. by guru01(m): 10:45pm On Jul 03, 2011
@mayraja
you can watch pastor chris on loveworld plus tv, or through the internet, visit their website for more details.

I beleive in yookos, and i love to work with the team of developers.
Anyone with a close contact, let me know.

CHEERS.
Re: Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site. by crossman9(m): 12:40am On Jul 04, 2011
you never answered me i need help joining there is not page to join this spiritaul revelotion
Re: Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site. by luluosas(m): 7:15pm On Jul 07, 2011
I just join the service. It is good.
Re: Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site. by crossman9(m): 10:40am On Jul 08, 2011
well tell me where to join
Re: Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site. by luluosas(m): 3:35pm On Jul 08, 2011
crossman9:

well tell me where to join

Just visit http://www.yookos.com You will be asked to verify your email. Enter your email address and they will send you a link to your mail box to verify your email. Click on the sent link and you will be directed to the yookos homepage. This is where you will register your username, password and other info. Try it now.
Re: Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site. by Godknows1: 12:30am On Jul 12, 2011
Yookos is own by christ embassy

Re: Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site. by Godknows1: 12:34am On Jul 12, 2011
Thank u pastor chris u are grate pastor in this world we love u

Re: Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site. by Godknows1: 10:40pm On Jul 15, 2011
The lord is good thank u lord 4 ur protection all day

Re: Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site. by sanayitipi: 7:52pm On Sep 02, 2011
Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site really natural

commercial kitchen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.