Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,357 members, 7,808,241 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:17 AM

Using The Blackberry As An Internet Modem - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Using The Blackberry As An Internet Modem (2314 Views)

Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site / How Much Do Nigerians Love The Blackberry / The Blackberry Thread: Apps, Faqs, Tips, Problems. .etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Using The Blackberry As An Internet Modem by slim05: 6:41pm On Jan 01, 2011
How do i use my Blackberry 8310 as an internet modem, pls. Even tho it has d 4.5 OS and i av d 5.0 OS installed on my system but i still cant use it as a modem.
Re: Using The Blackberry As An Internet Modem by snoopy(m): 10:51pm On Jan 01, 2011
Get the BB desktop software. I currently use my bold 9000 as a modem without any hitches
Re: Using The Blackberry As An Internet Modem by slim05: 11:13pm On Jan 01, 2011
i av d Blackberry desktop OS 5.0 installed on my system, its not working still. what network do u use? zain, glo or mtn?
Re: Using The Blackberry As An Internet Modem by snoopy(m): 7:45pm On Jan 02, 2011
i use zain
Re: Using The Blackberry As An Internet Modem by sidnazious(m): 1:16am On Jan 03, 2011
@snoopy, is it only zain dat works with the blackberry software? and is the data unlimited as on the BB, what about the quality of service of the BIS. do reply.
Re: Using The Blackberry As An Internet Modem by juliusg: 1:50am On Jan 03, 2011
@snoopy, pls can you share more light? What type of BB destop manager are you using?
Re: Using The Blackberry As An Internet Modem by snoopy(m): 10:16pm On Jan 03, 2011
i use the bb desktop software 4.6. not much difference with the 5.0. you just click on the 'mobile internet' option at the bottom left corner and it connects immediately. the speed is ok at least for opening web pages but not very reliable when downloading. and yes its an unlimited bundle. you are simple extending your bis function. unless yo' bis comes with a bundle thats
limited which i dont think is applicable to any network
Re: Using The Blackberry As An Internet Modem by snoopy(m): 10:21pm On Jan 03, 2011
plus i wouldnt know if zain is the only network that allows it but i,ve got friends on mtn who said they've not been able to use the modem mode and even when they do, it eats up their credit
Re: Using The Blackberry As An Internet Modem by juliusg: 1:22pm On Jan 06, 2011
@snoopy, u're wonderful, thank you vey much.
Pls is d BB desktop software u're talking about thesame with BB desktop manager? Becos I coudn't find mobile internet option on it.

(1) (Reply)

Where To Download Flash Player For Android 4.2.2 / Android Phone Of 10k / Review Lenovo A7010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.