Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,173 members, 7,807,556 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

Nigerians Should Thank God That COVID-19 Did Not Hit Us Like Italy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Should Thank God That COVID-19 Did Not Hit Us Like Italy (404 Views)

Tinubu Should Thank Peter Obi / The Southern Nigeria Should Thank God That PDP Lost KANO / 5 Lessons Nigerians Should Learn From The Ekiti Governorship Election For 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Should Thank God That COVID-19 Did Not Hit Us Like Italy by 50power: 5:54pm On Apr 06, 2020
If COVID-19 had hit us like other countries like Italy, America, Brazil, China etc, Nigerian government wouldn't have been able to save us even with their lockdown order.

First of all, the panic buying that resulted to massive rushing and pushing in all markets and shops the day before the lockdown is enough to get many people infected. A lot of people would had gone to stay at home with the deadly virus and thereby infecting others at homes.

Fifty percent of the houses in Nigeria especially Lagos are these kind of bungalow (face me and I face you) types of houses that look more like barracks. Different families share the same toilets, bathrooms, kitchens and corridors.

During the lockdown, women would sit together to gossip, men would sit together to discuss the affairs of the country or to play drafts and children would play and fall on top of one another. Social distances cannot never be observed in these types of houses. If one person is infected in this type of house, what will happen to others? I think we should be grateful to God instead.
Re: Nigerians Should Thank God That COVID-19 Did Not Hit Us Like Italy by 50power: 5:55pm On Apr 06, 2020
By now over one million people would have been dead. I thank God though.

Get more customers and clients. List your business on https://www.nairakobo.com.ng/
Re: Nigerians Should Thank God That COVID-19 Did Not Hit Us Like Italy by Finnese001: 5:56pm On Apr 06, 2020
Iol
Re: Nigerians Should Thank God That COVID-19 Did Not Hit Us Like Italy by ZombiePUNISHER: 6:00pm On Apr 06, 2020
I knew it was all divine

A lot of people actually have it but they dont know ... It's that mild over here

Slight fever... Headache... Sore throat... Coughing is minimal

Two weeks... Tops
I'm better

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Thank God That COVID-19 Did Not Hit Us Like Italy by Nobody: 6:00pm On Apr 06, 2020
So god must hate the rest of the world who’s dying from covid? The insensitivity of many religious people kill me, imagine if westerners were jubilating when ebola was killing Africans then we’d yell racism Yh? Many Africans countries are lucky because the travelling rates are lower than the rest of the world. Italy is a tourist hot spot, same as China, Berlin etc. Sometimes I wonder if some people actually stop to think or even read any researches or just type away?���
Re: Nigerians Should Thank God That COVID-19 Did Not Hit Us Like Italy by Nobody: 6:00pm On Apr 06, 2020
Lol we are their younger brothers na... Them gas chop first before us grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Should Thank God That COVID-19 Did Not Hit Us Like Italy by Nobody: 6:02pm On Apr 06, 2020
ZombiePUNISHER:
I knew it was all divine

A lot of people actually have it but they dont know ... It's that mild over here

Slight fever... Headache... Sore throat... Coughing is minimal

Two weeks... Tops
I'm better
A stronger immune system. Westerners hardly eat any fresh food like Africans, everything is processed, even the meat and fish are pumped with antibiotics and hormones to make them grow in two months instead of a year. All those weakens the body and immune system. You ever questioned why westerners have a higher cancer rate than Africans??

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Thank God That COVID-19 Did Not Hit Us Like Italy by Wilstino: 6:21pm On Apr 06, 2020
O boy it's too early to rejoice. I remember vividly when theirs and the US cases were in hundreds, now its in tens of thousands.

Let's hope and pray our government do the right thing and have a good grip on it, else....

However, our prayers and thought are with the affected ones and those who lost their loved ones globally.
Re: Nigerians Should Thank God That COVID-19 Did Not Hit Us Like Italy by tatatar: 6:28pm On Apr 06, 2020
Swiitdoll:
So god must hate the rest of the world who’s dying from covid? The insensitivity of many religious people kill me, imagine if westerners were jubilating when ebola was killing Africans then we’d yell racism Yh? Many Africans countries are lucky because the travelling rates are lower than the rest of the world. Italy is a tourist hot spot, same as China, Berlin etc. Sometimes I wonder if some people actually stop to think or even read any researches or just type away?���
Why isn't it ravaging the UAE then
Re: Nigerians Should Thank God That COVID-19 Did Not Hit Us Like Italy by Nobody: 6:31pm On Apr 06, 2020
tatatar:

Why isn't it ravaging the UAE then
Their government acted faster than boris Johnson and other european leaders and Trump who thought it’ll stay over there in China. Right now Heathrow is still open whilst people are dying . I have no idea why they just don’t gaf
Re: Nigerians Should Thank God That COVID-19 Did Not Hit Us Like Italy by bestpunterever: 6:39pm On Apr 06, 2020
Too early for this.
Re: Nigerians Should Thank God That COVID-19 Did Not Hit Us Like Italy by moderatedguy: 6:40pm On Apr 06, 2020
To everyone who thinks that 122 confirmed cases of Covid 19 in Kenya , 214 in Ghana and Nigeria 224 are not serious, look at the numbers below and think and think again.

�� Italy
February 21 2020 - 21 cases
March 27 2020 - 86,498 cases

�� United States
February 21 2020 - 16 cases
March 27 2020 - 100,037 cases

�� France
February 26 2020 - 18 cases
March 27 2020 - 32,964 cases

�� Germany
February 25 2020 - 18 cases
March 27 2020 - 50,178 cases

�� Spain
February 27 2020 - 25 cases
March 27, 2020 - 64,059 cases

�� Iran
February 19 2020 - 5 cases
March 27 2020 - 32,332 cases

South Africa ��
March 1 2020 - 1 case
March 27 2020 - 1,170 cases

We are currently where these countries were in the last 3-4 weeks and we can easily get to where they are right now. Let's break the chain of transmission by staying at home.

It's our individual responsibility to do so!.

Pls Circulate this to all your contacts to take precautions so we don't get to that level. Pls let's Stay at Home stay safe��

(1) (Reply)

I'll Do My Best To Sacrifice Everything For Biafra Says Nnmadi Kanu / Just What If Abba Kyari's Stolen Casket ....??? / Nigerian Professor Named President Of American University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.