Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,163 members, 7,807,537 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:54 PM

Stay-at-home Order: Lagos Husbands Narrate Experiences - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Stay-at-home Order: Lagos Husbands Narrate Experiences (58842 Views)

Husbands Kicks, Wives Rejoice At Stay-At-Home Order / 60% Of Married Women Don’t Love Their Husbands- Lady Says, See Response / Female Medical Doctor Advises Husbands To Marry Extra Wife. See Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stay-at-home Order: Lagos Husbands Narrate Experiences by ijustdey: 6:48pm On Apr 06, 2020
More reactions from husbands are trailing the stay-at-home directive of both Lagos State and federal governments, which entered Day 11 and Day Seven, respectively.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Lagos State Government had on March 24 directed closure of open markets, recreational centres, salons and other public places with exception of those selling food, medicine and other live-saving essentials.

The closure took effect from March 26.

The government had earlier directed its workers on Grade Levels 12 and below to work from home except those on essential duties.

The Federal Government had equally directed its workers on similar grade levels to work from home, before ordering a lockdown of Lagos, Ogun and Abuja for 14 days with effect from 11.00p.m., March 30.

Only a few categories of workers, shops and companies are excepted from the lockdown.

All the directives are aimed at checking coronavirus spread.

Mr Timilehin Ilesanmi, a 42-year-old engineer, described the experience so far as an opportunity to work on his nine-year-old marriage.

He told NAN that he had been able to strengthen bonding with his family.

“On a normal day, I don’t get to stay with my wife and children because of the nature of my job.

“I leave the house at 6:30a.m. every work day and come back at 10:30p.m; so, we hardly have time to share thoughts.

”Now, I carry our baby most of the time; my wife, who didn’t believe I could take care of infants, now believes me,” he said.

Also, an information technology professional, Mr Taiwo Shodipe, 55, told NAN that the stay-at-home order had given him more time to interact with his children.

“I have used this period to educate my children more on sex education; it has also given me time to ask questions on their love lives,” he said.

Mr Odunayo Arasanyin, 32, who recently got married, said the directive favoured him.

“I got married just 12 days ago. This directive pays me a lot; it has extended my honeymoon as I should have resumed work on March 29.

“I am having a nice time with my wife; it is just the two of us and we like it,” he said.

Equally, Mr Collins Agbor, a 30-year-old civil servant, said the lockdown had enabled him to understand the volume of house chores done by his wife daily.

“I now appreciate all mothers out there, especially my wife, for efforts in taking care of the home.

“I now know that taking care of children, especially toddlers, is a real work.

“My three children, aged two, four and six years, play a lot. You have to shout at them countless number of times; you have to watch them so that they don’t injure themselves.

“Ah! Women are trying,” he exclaimed.

However, Mr Jeremiah Obeto, a businessman, described the experience so far as a nightmare.

“I am not the type that stays in one place, I am really finding it difficult to cope; the 14 days period is like eternity to me.

“I pray that COVID-19 goes back to where it came from so that Nigeria can be free again and there can be movement as before,” he said.

Similarly, a 38-year-old civil servant, Mr Francis Ukphore, said he never enjoyed staying at home.

“I have a wife who nags a lot, she reacts to every little thing.

“In order to avoid her troubles, after leaving the office every day, I hang out with my friends in a bar and come home late.

“I miss my friends. I miss my drinking joint, I can’t wait for this pandemic to be over,” he said.

Mr Gbenga Akinola, a businessman, said that since he got married 12 years ago, he had not stayed together for long with his wife because of his business.

“I stay in Abuja while my wife and children stay here in Lagos.

“I came to Lagos on a two-day visit and this lockdown pinned me down.

“I am not enjoying my stay at all. It is like prison,” he said.

He however, said that the lockdown was necessary, and hailed Nigeria’s efforts to curb the spread of coronavirus.

“Staying at home is hard but a major way out. I pray that we shall overcome.

“The infected ones will live and their health restored,” he prayed. (NAN).

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/04/stay-at-home-order-lagos-husbands-narrate-experiences/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stay-at-home Order: Lagos Husbands Narrate Experiences by Evablizin(f): 7:06pm On Apr 06, 2020
Wow. Thank God some are enjoying the stay-at-home order.

Well to those that their wife nags a lot sorry oh the Lord is muscle and strength,you shall overcome when Covid-19 is over.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stay-at-home Order: Lagos Husbands Narrate Experiences by ForeThinker: 7:26pm On Apr 06, 2020
Prayer is the key❤️

Let's pray :

Holy Spirit, as families adjust to everyone being home as businesses and schools close, we ask that You guide people in their new realities. Give spouses grace for each other. Prompt worn-out parents to speak words of kindness and encouragement to their children. Help children find creative ways to experience the beauty of all You have created and continue learning.

Amen

❤️❤️

Have mercy on me, my God, have mercy on me, for in you I take refuge. I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed.
—Psalm 57:1 (NIV)

STAY @ HOME FOLKS ... YOUR HEALTH IS YOUR WEALTH .

Together we all shall overcome ❤️❤️

60 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Stay-at-home Order: Lagos Husbands Narrate Experiences by socialmediaman: 7:26pm On Apr 06, 2020
Everyone will have a story to tell at the end of this one in a lifetime experience. Some will have a happy tale at the end while it may be the opposite for others.

Stay safe, stay positive, do research and make preparations. Life needs to move on after this is all over. But stay safe and be well, that’s the priority right now.

5 Likes

Re: Stay-at-home Order: Lagos Husbands Narrate Experiences by Nobody: 7:26pm On Apr 06, 2020
96.85% of Nigerian husbands are lazy and unsupportive to their wives... Quote your sanitizers angry

92 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stay-at-home Order: Lagos Husbands Narrate Experiences by luckgood(m): 7:26pm On Apr 06, 2020
We that are still single as one. No experience to share nko.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stay-at-home Order: Lagos Husbands Narrate Experiences by NaijaMutant(f): 7:26pm On Apr 06, 2020
Only a cheating husband won't be happy about having more time for his family undecided

What's the essence of having a family in the first place undecided

160 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Stay-at-home Order: Lagos Husbands Narrate Experiences by Gkay1(m): 7:27pm On Apr 06, 2020
Wetin favour u may not favour another man.

4 Likes

Re: Stay-at-home Order: Lagos Husbands Narrate Experiences by Nobody: 7:27pm On Apr 06, 2020
Kids were playing upstairs, I did the thing in my living room for the first time yesterday. grin grin grin grin

It was lit. grin

105 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Stay-at-home Order: Lagos Husbands Narrate Experiences by nicciekkc(m): 7:27pm On Apr 06, 2020
American Rapper, 2Chainz Asks Burna Boy For A Collab With Lil Jon As The Producer
April 06, 2020

American rapper, 2chainz has requested for a collaboration with Burna Boy and its safe to say that we might be served with the biggest hit of the year soon.
American producers, T-Pain and Lil Jon had a battle of hits on Instagram Live and millions of fans trooped in to watch the much awaited duel. 2Chainz happened to be a part of the viewers and from there he surprised fans by making an open call to Burna Boy to hop on collaboration with him with Lil Jon producing the beat in the comment section.

He wrote: “Burna Boy lets do one jon do the beat” At the moment, Burna Boy is yet to make an official response and social media has gotten wild with the hopes that both acts would hit the studio for a smash hit. What do you think of a Burna Boy and 2chainz collab?

See the post below:

click to read more

https://naijahighland..com/2020/04/american-rapper-2chainz-asks-burna-boy.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stay-at-home Order: Lagos Husbands Narrate Experiences by obuneme: 7:27pm On Apr 06, 2020
shocked
Re: Stay-at-home Order: Lagos Husbands Narrate Experiences by shugaboy6102(m): 7:27pm On Apr 06, 2020
Some wives are really worse than covik one nine birus

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stay-at-home Order: Lagos Husbands Narrate Experiences by socialmediaman: 7:27pm On Apr 06, 2020
Re: Stay-at-home Order: Lagos Husbands Narrate Experiences by Balenciagaokey: 7:27pm On Apr 06, 2020
embarassed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stay-at-home Order: Lagos Husbands Narrate Experiences by Balenciagaokey: 7:28pm On Apr 06, 2020
angry
Re: Stay-at-home Order: Lagos Husbands Narrate Experiences by caremaster: 7:28pm On Apr 06, 2020
This stay at home is not easy but I'm really enjoying with my sweet heart. The main problem now is money to replenish used items so far but we are always online glued to the latest nigeria news paper

3 Likes

Re: Stay-at-home Order: Lagos Husbands Narrate Experiences by Duru9(m): 7:29pm On Apr 06, 2020
See that man saying he miss his drinking joint and his drinking mates

That man that said he lives in Abuja here while his family lives in Lagos
Na God catch am oh

If you see wetin married men de do for here
You go understand

He should love his wife more

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stay-at-home Order: Lagos Husbands Narrate Experiences by Joefat: 7:29pm On Apr 06, 2020
God dey

2 Likes

Re: Stay-at-home Order: Lagos Husbands Narrate Experiences by allen113: 7:29pm On Apr 06, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: Stay-at-home Order: Lagos Husbands Narrate Experiences by valarmorghulis: 7:29pm On Apr 06, 2020
pDudd:
I did the thing in my living room for the first time yesterday. grin grin grin grin

It was lit. grin
shocked

1 Like

Re: Stay-at-home Order: Lagos Husbands Narrate Experiences by Nobody: 7:29pm On Apr 06, 2020
x
Re: Stay-at-home Order: Lagos Husbands Narrate Experiences by NwaNimo1(m): 7:29pm On Apr 06, 2020
Birth rate will be high by December...

29 Likes

Re: Stay-at-home Order: Lagos Husbands Narrate Experiences by eghuan1(m): 7:29pm On Apr 06, 2020
Here in Benin city, we still de go work, though we close by 12noon
Re: Stay-at-home Order: Lagos Husbands Narrate Experiences by Alloyhardu(m): 7:29pm On Apr 06, 2020
As anyone done business with you here
gekkujaltu:
Na so
Re: Stay-at-home Order: Lagos Husbands Narrate Experiences by Rotjijatau(m): 7:29pm On Apr 06, 2020
v
Re: Stay-at-home Order: Lagos Husbands Narrate Experiences by SEGLIZ: 7:29pm On Apr 06, 2020
aaaaa
Re: Stay-at-home Order: Lagos Husbands Narrate Experiences by Moneywirer: 7:30pm On Apr 06, 2020
gekkujaltu:
Na so
Na dem

1 Like

Re: Stay-at-home Order: Lagos Husbands Narrate Experiences by Zezco(m): 7:30pm On Apr 06, 2020
Nice but not funny

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos Of The Girl With Half-body At Home With Her Family In Kano / What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? / Am I Doing Wrong By Supporting My Boyfriend Financially?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.