Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,205 members, 7,807,691 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:34 PM

Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2020 In UK Universities - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2020 In UK Universities (8019 Views)

Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) / 20 Nigerian Students Of Brampton Manor Academy Break Into Best UK Universities / 2017 MTN Foundation Scholarship Scheme Registration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2020 In UK Universities by JKBoss(m): 12:48pm On Apr 07, 2020
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC), operator of the SPDC Joint Venture, is delighted to announce the Ninth annual SPDC JV Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship for applicants from Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers states.

Application Deadline: 15th April 2020.

Eligible African Countries: Nigeria (Rivers, Delta, Imo and Bayelsa States)

To be taken at (country): The scholarship is offered in partnership with three prestigious and internationally recognised universities in the United Kingdom Imperial College London, University of Aberdeen and the University of Leeds UK

Accepted Subject Areas? The following courses at the three institutions qualify for the scholarship:

Imperial College London
MSC Petroleum Engineering
MSC Petroleum Geoscience

University College London
MSC Geophysics
MSc Safety & Reliability Engineering for Oil & Gas
MSC Advanced Chemical Engineering MSc Integrated Petroleum Geoscience

University of Leeds
MSC Exploration Geophysics
MSC Electronic/Electrical Engineering

About Scholarship: Each year the Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria (SPDC) offers scholarship awards to students form the Niger Delta region of Nigeria. The Oil and Gas company is delighted to announce the annual SPDC Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme for applicants from Rivers, Delta and Bayelsa States.

The scholarship scheme is aimed to provide an opportunity for qualifying students from the three Niger Delta States to further their education in courses that are relevant to the oil and gas industry.

Offered Since: 2010

Type: Postgraduate (Masters)

By what Criteria is Selection Made? Candidates must have gained admission to study at any of the participating universities in one of the qualifying courses

Who is qualified to apply?

1. To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must
display sound intellectual ability and leadership potential.

2. meet the individual university’s English Language requirements (usually at least 6.5 in IELTS score valid for Sept. 2020 admission). Please note that TOEFL is no longer recognised by most UK universities. Candidates are advised that failure to meet each university’s English Language requirement at the time of selection may invalidate their application.

3. be aged between 21-28 years by 30/09/2020.
be an indigene of Rivers, Delta, Imo or Bayelsa states
(documentary proof of this will be required and will be verified).
currently reside in Nigeria.

4. plan to return to Nigeria on completion of the proposed programme of study.

5. have obtained a university degree (at least of equivalent standard to a UK Second Class Upper Honours degree).

6. not have studied previously in the UK or any other developed country

7. have a Nigerian international passport valid till December 2021

8. be neither a current nor former employee (who has left employment less than 5 years before) of SPDC or the Royal Dutch Shell Group or any Shell company or the local Nigerian consultant.

9. not be a spouse, child or ward of staff of Shell Companies in Nigeria or the local Nigerian consultant.

What are the benefits? The scholarship will cover tuition, one economy return-flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK and a contribution towards living expenses only.

How long will sponsorship last? One year postgraduate Masters Studies

How can I Apply?

Submit application for admission to any of the participating universities for any of the qualifying courses.
Application forms for the scholarship will ONLY be available through the websites of the Imperial College London, the University of Leeds and University of Aberdeen, following a formal offer of admission by the university.

The universities will process applications and select candidates to attend interviews before being considered for final selection.
Completed scholarship application forms must reach participating universities and the local Nigerian consultant not later than April 15, 2020.
Visit Scholarship Webpage for Details

Notes:
Please note that the stipends are based on the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) published living rates and are limited to this only

This is a non-committal scholarship. Note that NEITHER SPDC NOR any of its affiliate companies is obligated to offer employment of any sort to any candidate upon graduation neither are successful candidates bonded to SPDC for any period of time on account of the scholarship award.
Re: Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2020 In UK Universities by Samyokporua(m): 2:02pm On Apr 13, 2020
Hi Admin, please what do they mean by this:

"Completed scholarship application forms must reach participating universities and the local Nigerian consultant not later than April 15, 2020".
Because if we just applied to the universities in the UK, amid this pandemic, does it mean the university has to grant us admission then give us the scholarship application form that we then have to fill and upload back before 15th? The scholarship just barely came out as well
Re: Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2020 In UK Universities by Herbertstan: 10:16am On Jun 20, 2020
Samyokporua:
Hi Admin, please what do they mean by this:

"Completed scholarship application forms must reach participating universities and the local Nigerian consultant not later than April 15, 2020".
Because if we just applied to the universities in the UK, amid this pandemic, does it mean the university has to grant us admission then give us the scholarship application form that we then have to fill and upload back before 15th? The scholarship just barely came out as well

Exactly bro, did u eventually apply?
Re: Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2020 In UK Universities by Samyokporua(m): 5:56pm On Jun 24, 2020
I did apply, got an admission with Aberdeen, but then it was for online studies
Re: Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2020 In UK Universities by kellyi: 7:20pm On Jun 24, 2020
Samyokporua:
I did apply, got an admission with Aberdeen, but then it was for online studies

what course bro n were u shortlisted for d interview?
Re: Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2020 In UK Universities by Samyokporua(m): 5:52am On Jun 25, 2020
I only got admitted to Aberdeen, nothing more. Didn't hear from Shell or I don't know the process to relate with shell. I've forgotten the course sef but it's the course relating to the scholarship about renewable energy/oil and gas
Re: Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2020 In UK Universities by kellyi: 4:53pm On Jun 25, 2020
Samyokporua:
I only got admitted to Aberdeen, nothing more. Didn't hear from Shell or I don't know the process to relate with shell. I've forgotten the course sef but it's the course relating to the scholarship about renewable energy/oil and gas
OK bro, all d best
Re: Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2020 In UK Universities by smartsolve00: 8:33pm On Jun 25, 2020
This is helpful, it's division without calculation and not long division method

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XJNOx7BFYU
Re: Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2020 In UK Universities by Herbertstan: 11:08am On Jun 27, 2020
did anyone got interviewed here?
Re: Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2020 In UK Universities by Gaspet: 6:33pm On Jun 29, 2020
Anybody got interviewed here?
Any updates since?
Re: Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2020 In UK Universities by Herbertstan: 1:24am On Jul 02, 2020
I got interviewed, but haven't heard from them yet

1 Like

Re: Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2020 In UK Universities by Gaspet: 1:09pm On Jul 04, 2020
Herbertstan:
I got interviewed, but haven't heard from them yet

I was interviewed too. Imperial College.
What school did you choose?
Re: Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2020 In UK Universities by Herbertstan: 2:19am On Jul 05, 2020
Leeds Exploration geophysics

1 Like

Re: Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2020 In UK Universities by Gaspet: 7:18am On Jul 05, 2020
Herbertstan:
Leeds
Exploration geophysics

Okay.
I'm thinking we should try contacting the Shell staff that interviewed us since it's July already.
Re: Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2020 In UK Universities by Herbertstan: 10:44am On Jul 05, 2020
Yea, I guess so, because I recall she said the results will be announced by the end of last month.
Re: Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2020 In UK Universities by Gaspet: 10:36pm On Jul 05, 2020
Herbertstan:
Yea, I guess so, because I recall she said the results will be announced by the end of last month.

Exactly.
I texted the two contacts on the invitation, but I haven't gotten any response yet.

Have you been able to text/call anybody?
Re: Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2020 In UK Universities by Herbertstan: 11:09pm On Jul 06, 2020
I haven't, perhaps I'll surmount pressure on them by dropping my own text too. the wait is annoying
Re: Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2020 In UK Universities by Lilcaz: 11:28pm On Jul 06, 2020
Herbertstan:
I haven't, perhaps I'll surmount pressure on them by dropping my own text too. the wait is annoying
hey
Re: Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2020 In UK Universities by Lilcaz: 11:29pm On Jul 06, 2020
Lilcaz:
hey
I got interviewed too but haven't heard from them. They said by the end of the month of june
Re: Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2020 In UK Universities by Gaspet: 12:09am On Jul 07, 2020
Lilcaz:

I got interviewed too but haven't heard from them. They said by the end of the month of june

What school?
Re: Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2020 In UK Universities by Lilcaz: 8:17am On Jul 07, 2020
Gaspet:

What school?
Who is asking
Re: Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2020 In UK Universities by Gaspet: 9:54am On Jul 07, 2020
Sorry for asking

Lilcaz:

Who is asking
Re: Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2020 In UK Universities by Herbertstan: 10:20am On Jul 07, 2020
@Lilcaz What school and course did u apply to in the SPDC scholarship?
Re: Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2020 In UK Universities by Lilcaz: 11:21am On Jul 08, 2020
Herbertstan:
@Lilcaz
What school and course did u apply to in the SPDC scholarship?
Give me a call, i just feel uncomfortable with dropping my personal informational in the public
O7035178102
Re: Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2020 In UK Universities by Herbertstan: 3:38pm On Jul 08, 2020
alright
Re: Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2020 In UK Universities by Gaspet: 4:38pm On Jul 12, 2020
Any updates from anybody?
Re: Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2020 In UK Universities by Herbertstan: 6:43pm On Jul 12, 2020
No update yet oh!........chaiii
Re: Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2020 In UK Universities by GreatArchy: 7:10pm On Jul 12, 2020
Herbertstan:
No update yet oh!........chaiii
May be before the end of this month, I believe they should get back to us
Re: Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2020 In UK Universities by Gaspet: 8:38pm On Jul 12, 2020
Nice to meet you, GreatArchy.
Please what school did you apply to?

GreatArchy:

May be before the end of this month, I believe they should get back to us
Re: Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2020 In UK Universities by GreatArchy: 9:36pm On Jul 12, 2020
Gaspet:
Nice to meet you, GreatArchy. Please what school did you apply to?
Univesity of Leeds, Exploration Geophysics... what about you?
Re: Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2020 In UK Universities by Gaspet: 10:01pm On Jul 12, 2020
Imperial College, Petroleum Engineering

GreatArchy:
Univesity of Leeds, Exploration Geophysics...
what about you?
Re: Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2020 In UK Universities by Herbertstan: 10:26pm On Jul 12, 2020
GreatArchy:
Univesity of Leeds, Exploration Geophysics...
what about you?

I also applied to same school and department, did u receive any mail from Leeds pertaining suspension of the Exploration Geophysics program?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Uniabj Vs Abu Vs Unilorin Vs Lautech Vs Uniben Vs Unibadan Vs Oau Vs Unijos / University Of Calabar Admission List 2012/2013...find Out / Check Out These Hot Photos From Unilag Sexy Car Wash (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.