Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

Living In France / Life As A French Résident - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In France / Life As A French Résident (14009 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:39pm On Apr 08, 2020
Davidson5:
Sincerely I concur with u brother.. In a strange land like France and you really wanna blend in. You have to mingle with the locals. Avoid Nigerians for a while though not permanently. I completely comprehend what you wrote bro.

i guess the dude thinks i am saying that he should run away if he sees a Nigerian, while i am only telling him that, IN FRANCE, you are better off being around French people that know their way around and can show you the way of life etc

aka if you go to France and can choose between meeting locals and meeting Nigerians, choose the locals each and every time.... you can meet as many Nigerians as you desire when you'll go back home to Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by jesmond3945: 9:37pm On Apr 08, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

celebrate you for what exactly? for being African, for being Nigerian, for being a foreigner? why would anyone celebrate a citizen of any country... again, we are sharing culture, sharing ideas, sharing a moment together, and its not some being above the other. you have low self esteem bro if you automatically view whites/foreigners as better than you and expect them to "celebrate" you... celebrate your own self and dont expect nothing more than friendliness and an open mind from strangers

why would you be so judgmental about people? why would you want people to have some preconceived ideas about the world? let everyone go out there and make their own image about the world, instead of putting such a FOUL NEGATIVE image of the world in people's mind, just because YOU have failed to see the good in people. if you actually believe the above statement then i can only say that you attract the type of foul character that you carry.

misleading people by telling them that the world is a great place if you are great; a nice place if you are nice to people and a friendly place if you dont judge people with preconceived negative failed mindset and instead to be the best you can be?! no wonder you can never succeed anywhere when you think the way you do....

let me guess...and you call yourself a religious person... with such an evil heart?! is that really how your holy book tell you to act?! i see the good in everybody, while you see only bad, yet i am the bad one here, really?!

what the hell are you talking about...what kind of deluded people are you meeting? who would even want to meet someone so foul as you portray?!

NOBODY will care about you in the Nigerian community unless they can get something from you, just like you expect something from them.

what the hell are you talking about? i am telling you to get to know the locals, to mingle, to open your mind, to make friends with the locals, to discover their culture, to try their food, to connect with them and be open minded about this new country....instead of being such a negative entitled close minded being that beats his chest, go to a new place and act like he knows everything and needs help from NO locals.

anyone who follow what you are saying will turn into the negative good for nothing being with such a foul view of white people or others. you have so many insecurities and are so foul minded that you cant even make friends in a new country, as if it is so difficult to meet locals.

AMEN!!!!

isnt it obvious what i am saying: if you go abroad to meet and stay with Nigerians, (while believing that whites are evil demons) and not to discover new cultures, new people, new horizon NOTHING WHATSOEVER, then why dont you stay in Nigeria?!
celebrate you for being human, celebrate you because you breath the same air and the same blood flows inside of you. Not because they are trying to be polite. All the locals you have made friends, how many know that you even exist?
Lol, how can I demand equality and it automatically means I have low self esteem. Anyway I wont descend to the level you want to drag me to.
Have you heard of unconscious bias? virtually 90 percent of locals are guilty of it. Infact, the whole world is guilty but europeans take theirs to the extreme. I don't blame the though, they probably have all reasons to, since they conquered all most the whole world in the past.
I am not judgmental my friend. it is a fact they are nice but not friendly. it takes a long time to break the barrier. Once you do, the friendship bond is strong. Unless you were born and grew up with them
For saying that I am judgmental means you are pandering to them, probably to make them like you, thats your fucking business.
I am trying to tell people the truth. Imagine you telling people to avoid your country men which means you are not proud of your country. Probably you should avoid going to the Nigerian shop you buy food items, since you want to be oyibo by force.
All the help I got here was done by billionaire Nigerian men. I don't even think you are worth anything. if I see you in the road I wont even stop, you know why, because you have chronic self hatred. It is clearly oozing from your nauseating post.
Motivational speaker go and open church. What makes you think you are great? because you have house in lekki or you drive a car? okay now go out and macron will lock you up. Probably the raided food bank and gave you food you now think you have arrived.
I am more successful than your generation bro. Even as am here, chinese are begging me everyday to come and deposit. I am not trying to boast but to tell you that you dont need to lick a whiteman's arse before they open opportunities for you. Are you not tired of licking?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by smut: 1:27am On Apr 09, 2020
This Jaybrown or whatever you call yourself . U talk too much and u sound too proud as if u are the only Nigerian living in France . Listen, if u are a Nigerian planning to travel abroad most especially, shengen countries, it’s okay to mingle with the locals in the beginning in order to integrate into the system. Mind you, at the end of the day, u are actually on ur own as that guy said. Abroad generally is lonely and that’s the fact. If u are lucky to make a family here , they will be your friends, companion and that’s it. Cos the more friends you make , the more problem. Even when whites people try to make friends with u, deep down, they still don’t give a Bleep about u cos an average white is racist. In the long run, u are on ur own. Peace ��

6 Likes

Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:49am On Apr 09, 2020
jesmond3945:
celebrate you for being human, celebrate you because you breath the same air and the same blood flows inside of you. Not because they are trying to be polite. All the locals you have made friends, how many know that you even exist?

i have traveled the world extensively for the past 3 decades to places where i knew NOBODY and didnt speak the language....i certainly aint a negative closed minded foul person thus i have close friends EVERYWHERE, and believe me when i say that, the world is a much better place (with much better people) than you portray it to be. YES there is racism/racist, YES there will be people who wont like you, but they are a minority and it would be foolish to expect EVERYONE to like you

Lol, how can I demand equality and it automatically means I have low self esteem.

you dont have to demand for equality...live your life and if you visit a new country and meet new people, they will treat you the way you present yourself. if they dont then get rid of such person from your life and meet people who actually treat you the way anyone should be treated. if everyone you meet treats you like garbage then i am sorry to say that the problem is YOU

Anyway I wont descend to the level you want to drag me to.

let me apologize for my harsh words but i am truly upset by what you write...you say the contrary to what i have ever experienced/seen in this world, yes i have met a few negative people everywhere, YES i have met racist and skinheads, YES some people dont like me for being a black foreigner anywhere i have been....but generally people are friendly, nice and open minded and it all depends on YOU, as to how they are gonna react. you cant possibly expect people to be positive and nice to someone who is negative and close minded. when was the last time you made an effort to get to know locals? when was the last time you opened your mind with locals? how can you possibly meet a great person while having such a foul view of white people.

Have you heard of unconscious bias? virtually 90 percent of locals are guilty of it. Infact, the whole world is guilty but europeans take theirs to the extreme. I don't blame the though, they probably have all reasons to, since they conquered all most the whole world in the past.

dont mistake different culture and/or different way of life with "unconscious bias"... people in this world are different and you have to understand that... thats the beauty of meeting new people and/or discovering new culture in this world.
people today dont give a damn about "who conquered where" centuries ago, the majority dont even know shiit about it...

I am not judgmental my friend. it is a fact they are nice but not friendly. it takes a long time to break the barrier. Once you do, the friendship bond is strong. Unless you were born and grew up with them

yes i was born and bred in France, but thats not the issue here as i have lived around the world for decades... and have tight friends everywhere.

For saying that I am judgmental means you are pandering to them, probably to make them like you, thats your fucking business.

no.... it means i have NO preconceived negative image of foreigners. i act right wherever i go in this world, dont judge people, treat people the way i want to be treated and never had any problem with meeting new people anywhere.

I am trying to tell people the truth. Imagine you telling people to avoid your country men which means you are not proud of your country. Probably you should avoid going to the Nigerian shop you buy food items, since you want to be oyibo by force.

you misunderstood what i wrote... i am advising people to stick to locals if they want to discover a new country fully...to stay away from Nigerians because it will hinder their discovery of a new place and will only have them stay with Nigerians, speak English all day and never make any effort to discover the new country, new people, new culture etc. it doesnt mean i am against Nigerians, it means i want people to fully immerse into a new country when they move there, and dont do/meet abroad the same thing or people they would meet at home.

All the help I got here was done by billionaire Nigerian men. I don't even think you are worth anything. if I see you in the road I wont even stop, you know why, because you have chronic self hatred. It is clearly oozing from your nauseating post.

again, with your state of mind, nobody would want to meet you. its obvious that you have a preconceived negative view towards white people/foreigners or the world outside Africa.

Motivational speaker go and open church. What makes you think you are great? because you have house in lekki or you drive a car? okay now go out and macron will lock you up. Probably the raided food bank and gave you food you now think you have arrived.
I am more successful than your generation bro. Even as am here, chinese are begging me everyday to come and deposit. I am not trying to boast but to tell you that you dont need to lick a whiteman's arse before they open opportunities for you. Are you not tired of licking?

you see, you are again showing your insecurity by believing that this issue has anything to do with money or being great...while its all about discovering the world, treating people right and giving anyone a chance... i am telling you about France (or the world) being a great place with great people and you are the one coming here and telling us all that white people are racist, negative, the devil bla bla bla and that being nice and treating others like you want to be treated means licking anyone's aass lol
here is a clue: if all white/foreign people you met were negative/bad to you then the problem is not them, its YOU

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:53am On Apr 09, 2020
smut:
This Jaybrown or whatever you call yourself . U talk too much and u sound too proud as if u are the only Nigerian living in France . Listen, if u are a Nigerian planning to travel abroad most especially, shengen countries, it’s okay to mingle with the locals in the beginning in order to integrate into the system. Mind you, at the end of the day, u are actually on ur own as that guy said. Abroad generally is lonely and that’s the fact. If u are lucky to make a family here , they will be your friends, companion and that’s it. Cos the more friends you make , the more problem. Even when whites people try to make friends with u, deep down, they still don’t give a Bleep about u cos an average white is racist. In the long run, u are on ur own. Peace ��

abroad is lonely to negative close minded foul people, if you are an open minded friendly positive outgoing person, LIFE in general can never be lonely....wherever you may be.

2 Likes

Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by smut: 11:06am On Apr 09, 2020
Ok, goodluck !
Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by davide470(m): 12:44pm On Apr 09, 2020
Hey Guys,

I didn't start this thread for this kind of bants going on. The aim is to foster relationships amongst ourselves and help each other out as best as we can.

Most of us have lived in various European countries over the years and know arguments like this is not worthwhile. Do what is best for you...that is all that matters.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by ProudBiafran: 10:26pm On Apr 09, 2020
davide470:
Hey Guys,

I didn't start this thread for this kind of bants going on. The aim is to foster relationships amongst ourselves and help each other out as best as we can.

Most of us have lived in various European countries over the years and know arguments like this is not worthwhile. Do what is best for you...that is all that matters.

I stay in the North of Paris but currently, i am not in France. So, to those in France, what is the state of things? Any recent info from Macron on lifting the lockdown?

French are paranoid. Went out for a ride this evening - outskirts of Paris.

People are scared of even looking at you in the face.

People scared of corona.

Talks of macron extending beyong 15th April.

1 Like

Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by Thegamingorca(m): 12:22am On Apr 10, 2020
grin grin
MrBrownJay1:

IMHO...i always say avoid your country people, because it hinders you from going out of your way to meet local people. i believe it is a waste for any citizen of the world, to travel across the globe to go meet people you could meet around the corner from your hometown. also, the minute you start hanging out with your fellow country man, you will automatically do what they've done, go where they've been and ultimately not really discover on your own terms but instead just do what others of your countrymen are doing.

to me traveling is an adventure and you need to get out of your ways, get out of your comfort zone, get out of your local state of mind to DISCOVER new places, new languages, new way of life, new people, new culture, new smell, new taste etc etc etc and you certainly cant do that while hanging around your country people.

after a few months somewhere, when you miss Nigerian food then YES by all means, go find a Nigerian restaurant and binge on some succulent home food, but certainly not as you just arrive in a new place.

... but you are right, you certainly shouldnt befriend just about "any" Nigerian you meet abroad.
Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by pufframmy: 8:41am On Apr 10, 2020
what we need is how people can survive, and way to be save not argument oo i beg
Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by ProudBiafran: 9:23am On Apr 10, 2020
France is cool.

Just drop Naija mentality behind in Naija if you wanna get the best out of France.

Come clean, no scams, no fraud, do not deceive French chics.

Government go pay you money sef.

2 Likes

Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by davide470(m): 11:34am On Apr 10, 2020
ProudBiafran:

People scared of corona.

Chai.. beyond April 15 will be like end of April then.

Please be safe. Heard the Île-de-France region is one of the worst hit.
Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:24pm On Apr 10, 2020
davide470:

yes l'ïle de France is the most populated region in France and the most visited by foreign tourist, so its understandable that it is the worst hit region, but it was predictable....what i dont understand is that, cities like Nice for example, which are so close to the Italian border (and which we would assume would have a higher number of infected people) dont have so many cases....while places like Strasbourg closer to the German border have worst cases.

i think/hope the lockdown will start to be relaxed at the beginning of May, with restriction being eased off in places like the west of the country (which seem to have less cases) and later on in the other areas. you will be forced to wear a mask etc but life has to get back on track, as the gov cant continue like that.

1 Like

Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:30pm On Apr 10, 2020
ProudBiafran:

People scared of corona.

aint you scared? i would be if I was currently in France... here there are 1500 cases in the whole country and i look at people like crazy (talk less of people in France/Italy/US etc with +100K cases).

1 Like

Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by skylane: 7:18pm On Apr 10, 2020
ProudBiafran:
France is cool.

Just drop Naija mentality behind in Naija if you wanna get the best out of France.

Come clean, no scams, no fraud, do not deceive French chics.

Government go pay you money sef.
please what about the prospect for a future vet doctor like me in france any hope?
Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by jswaggzo(m): 3:53pm On Apr 11, 2020
How easy is it to get into a French public university with a 2.8 GPA for masters
Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by Skymoore1004: 4:19pm On Apr 11, 2020
Might be difficult especially if the tuition is like €3770 per year because of competition & limited seats. But private that charge like €10k per year will send you offer in less than 24 hours if possible
jswaggzo:
How easy is it to get into a French public university with a 2.8 GPA for masters
Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by jswaggzo(m): 4:31pm On Apr 11, 2020
Can I apply for a short diploma or something like that to help?
Skymoore1004:
Might be difficult especially if the tuition is like €3770 per year because of competition & limited seats. But private that charge like €10k per year will send you offer in less than 24 hours if possible
Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by Skymoore1004: 5:08pm On Apr 11, 2020
Honestly I don’t know because I’m an aspiring applicant but France is not really my top choice anymore. Don’t want to spend my hard earned money to go to a place where I cannot work because of language. I did not come to this life to continue suffering on top my own sweat haha. Goodluck sha
jswaggzo:
Can I apply for a short diploma or something like that to help?

3 Likes

Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by Nobody: 6:15am On Apr 13, 2020
ProudBiafran:

Indians do not go stealing and prostutiting like Nigerians. They work.

Nigerians love to steal and are lazy and loud.

Hence it is better to avoid them if you can.
Well said.
The fear of a fellow Nigerian outside Nigeria, is the beginning of Wisdom.
Pick your Nigerian friends wisely.

2 Likes

Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by princetigris(m): 7:12am On Apr 13, 2020
MrBrownJay1:
* What are the immigration rules to follow?
Always stay on the RIGHT side of the law and always have your ID on you at all times, as you can be checked by the police anywhere and for no reason whatsoever. dont try to follow-follow what french people are doing, you may see us jump the metro or talk shiiit to controlleurs but dont try that shiit unless you are fully aware of the consequences as a foreigner.

* Which region/suburb did you settle in and why?
i believe the Paris suburb is the best place to live in France...cheap but yet close to Paris and work wise thats the best place to be at....and let's not forget Paris is the best city in France (even though many willl gladly argue about that)

* Public Transportation in France
public transportation in France is fantastic, wherever you may be...but Paris has some of the best public transport in the country. you can take the RER and cross the city in no time. you have tram, buses etc to help you in your travels....sadly, it aint as cheap as some other big cities of Europe

*Renting Vs Mortgage (pitfalls to avoid when choosing mortgage)
if you are going to live in France for a while, and have the right income and paperwork, then a "pret immobilier" is the best route to follow...now rates are so low, it would be a mistake to rent a place for more than 5 yrs. i believe choosing a mortgage has to do with who you are and what your plans are. no two people are the same. are you renting to have a family home for the future, or just trying to save money while having a place you can easily rent in the future? the location of the house is also very important as some houses may be cheap as hell but in such a remote area that you wouldnt/couldnt rent it out, even if it was free. also there are neighborhoods you want to stay well away from as a foreigner

* Childcare for kids below 5 (cost and how do you go about choosing a minder)
most creche will take care of your child from the age of 3months so technically the closest creche from your home is the one that you need to apply to.... and the easiest for you to go to and from. generally you wouldnt need to worry about the people working there as they go through rigorous checks, i would never choose a stranger to take care of my kids, and would instead find a well known family friend/acquaintances to be in your home taking care of your kids... and making them understand that the house is filled with hidden cameras

* Business Tips you can do
really depends on
- who you are, where you are
- what your aim is
- how much time you have to invest in such biz
- how much money you have to invest in that biz
- if you speak French
- if you are street smart

* Tips on raising kids in a western environment as an African
let your kids mingle with local children early on, let them immerse in the local community, join some sports, do activities with local kids... in no times your kids will be speaking french and possibly help you learn french too. STAY AWAY FROM NIGERIANS, STAY AWAY FROM NIGERIANS...STAY AWAY FROM NIGERIANS. as this is the worst thing to do if you want to learn the local way of life, the local language and immerse in the local community. meeting Nigerians will just push you towards doing exactly what other Nigerians have don/do...and just repeat exactly what others are doing. be your own person, make your own path and dont be another puppet doing the same things that others are doing, going the same place other Nigerians are going.

* Nigerian restaurants and market in your location
in Paris, go to chateau rouge, and you will find all the African ingredients you desire... Paris is filled with great African restaurants from all different parts of Africa. i generally like Senegalese/Ivorians restaurants... and actually the best mafé/thieboudienne i have ever ate was in one of the seedy "foyer Africains" where you can have a big plate of food for about 5€...actually if you want to eat cheap in Paris, walk into any "foyer Africain" and you will be in heaven...not the cleanest place on earth but oh boy you can eat there and be good for the whole day

France is a fantastic country...whether you visit or live there but you have to learn some French before getting there because, as much as most French people understand "some" English, the majority dont practice it so they'd rather answer you in French when you speak in English.
have a glass of wine, some cheese, a good saucisson with a baguette some time to time and enjoy it fully
the truth, but the transportation in Paris is horrible as compared to other European A Class cities like Berlin. I live in a suburb of Paris called Chelles.

2 Likes

Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by davide470(m): 4:12pm On Apr 13, 2020
princetigris:
the truth, but the transportation in Paris is horrible as compared to other European A Class cities like Berlin. I live in a suburb of Paris called Chelles.
Paris has one the best train networks in Western Europe.. the only problem is their grève (strike)

Almost all the Metros, Trams & RER are quite nice, except T1 (that desperately needs a change), RER D & E.

Trains in Berlin are cool and cleaner but they are smaller.
Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by davide470(m): 4:23pm On Apr 13, 2020
Skymoore1004:
Honestly I don’t know because I’m an aspiring applicant but France is not really my top choice anymore. Don’t want to spend my hard earned money to go to a place where I cannot work because of language. I did not come to this life to continue suffering on top my own sweat haha. Goodluck sha
On this, i previously wrote the below on another thread, so i am going to bring it here:

Studying in a developed country and an European superpower is definitely worth it. After your Masters, you get a 1 year stay (called Carte de séjour - Recherche d'emploi/création d'entreprise or APS for short) and getting a job mostly depends on what you studied, internship(s) you did during your studies, skills and
how well you know the language (some international firms don't put too much emphasis on the language but you need to have quality work experience from Nigeria to augument).

Once you get a full time offer (CDI) you can apply for a 4 year resident permit called Passeport Talent and towards the end of it, you can apply for permanent residency.

Also, if you get a temporary/contract offer (CDD), you can apply for a resident permit depending on how long your contract is.

3 Likes

Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:01pm On Apr 13, 2020
princetigris:

you really believe the public transport in Paris is horrible?! the ease with which you can travel in Paris from 30kms outside the city center, and connect in so many different ways, with comfortable wagons make the Paris public transport second to none IMHO... Berlin public transport (metro) is definitely outdated (aka a bit old) while the RER/metro in Paris is in a class of its own.

i believe the city with the worst public transport in Europe (and most expensive) is BY FAR London.

davide470:
Paris has one the best train networks in Western Europe.. the only problem is their grève (strike)

Almost all the Metros, Trams & RER are quite nice, except T1 (that desperately needs a change), RER D & E.

Trains in Berlin are cool and cleaner but they are smaller.

lol, i believe that the grèves are needed to keep the gov in check...even though the last pension grèves that paralyzed Paris during xmas/new year period were a bit too much.

1 Like

Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by Skymoore1004: 5:11pm On Apr 13, 2020
Is easy to say but hard to come to reality.

I spoke to several ex students from France during this campusfrance event and all of them literally said the same thing. They said France is only good if you’re under scholarship. That if you’re planning to spend your hard earned money to move there in the hopes of finding a part time job to supplement your stay, is like finding a needle in a haystack. That even the lowest jobs require you to be fluent in french. So if I cannot get a job in my field during my 2 years of study, how can I get a full time job to sponsor me during my 1 year stay? My chances are low because the employer will first go through your CV before inviting you for an interview to check on your skills etc.

I’m not sure about France again
Looking for other Eu countries that English is widely spoken

davide470:
On this, i previously wrote the below on another thread, so i am going to bring it here:

Studying in a developed country and an European superpower is definitely worth it. After your Masters, you get a 1 year stay (called Carte de séjour - Recherche d'emploi/création d'entreprise or APS for short) and getting a job mostly depends on what you studied, internship(s) you did during your studies, skills and
how well you know the language (some international firms don't put too much emphasis on the language but you need to have quality work experience from Nigeria to augument).

Once you get a full time offer (CDI) you can apply for a 4 year resident permit called Passeport Talent and towards the end of it, you can apply for permanent residency.

Also, if you get a temporary/contract offer (CDD), you can apply for a resident permit depending on how long your contract is.

Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by Gavrelino123: 10:57pm On Apr 13, 2020
Skymoore1004:

I spoke to several ex students from France during this campusfrance event and all of them literally said the same thing. They said France is only good if you’re under scholarship. That if you’re planning to spend your hard earned money to move there in the hopes of finding a part time job to supplement your stay, is like finding a needle in a haystack. That even the lowest jobs require you to be fluent in french. So if I cannot get a job in my field during my 2 years of study, how can I get a full time job to sponsor me during my 1 year stay? My chances are low because the employer will first go through your CV before inviting you for an interview to check on your skills etc.

Greetings bro

I just PM you, we need to talk.

I think we are in the same shoes.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by ProudBiafran: 12:31am On Apr 14, 2020
davide470:

Confirmed today. Extension till May.

Terrible.
Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by ProudBiafran: 12:34am On Apr 14, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

aint you scared? i would be if I was currently in France... here there are 1500 cases in the whole country and i look at people like crazy (talk less of people in France/Italy/US etc with +100K cases).

You, everyone has the freedom to believe what they wanna believe.

I am not scared per se. I take necesaay precautions. However, my opinion is that the corona thing has been blown way out of proportion. Extremely exaggerated.

Governments are pumping fear all over and French cops are going overboard..

Power abuse galore plus like I say French are paranoid. People hiding in their houses.
Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by ProudBiafran: 12:37am On Apr 14, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

I am not scared and have not been since the start because i believe it is exaggerated.

I take precautions though. Ridiculous to close parcs and all.

Sweden did not take the same measures as France and has fewer cases.

Something is not adding up.
Re: Living In France / Life As A French Résident by ProudBiafran: 12:39am On Apr 14, 2020
Skymoore1004:

I agree with you there. You can try Germany, Norway or Netherlands

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Train Services Resume On Kaduna-Abuja Route With Low Passenger Turnout / Airlines Raise Fares Amid Flight Shortage At Lagos Airport / Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Week 30)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.