Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,951 members, 7,806,749 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:32 PM

Ventilators Bound For Barbados Allegedly Seized By US - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ventilators Bound For Barbados Allegedly Seized By US (1525 Views)

Rats At US Police Headquarters Get ‘High’ On Seized Marijuana / Russian Oligarch’s Superyacht Seized In Germany / Barbados becomes World's newest Republic, removes Queen as Head of State (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ventilators Bound For Barbados Allegedly Seized By US by bestpunterever: 11:22pm On Apr 07, 2020
Twenty ventilators that were sent to Barbados by an unnamed philanthropist were allegedly seized without explanation by the United States, Barbadian Health Minister Lt.-Col. Jeffrey Bostic said in a national briefing, according to the Miami Herald.
Though the philanthropist was not identified,
Bostic denied earlier reports that it was Barbadian singer-songwriter Rihanna, who had pledged to send several ventilators to her home country. Five of those ventilators are still slated to arrive next week, he said according to the Herald.
Barbados is one of several countries, as well as US states, to have accused the Trump
administration of unfairly diverting and securing medical equipment essential in the fight against coronavirus, including ventilators, protective gear and N95 respirator masks.
Last Friday, German paper Der Tagesspiegel
reported that a shipment of equipment from Berin bound for China was intercepted and acquired by the US.
Berlin's Interior Minister Andreas Geisel slammed the move as "modern piracy" and said that the US was not abiding by international trade rules, opting instead to use "wild west methods." Also Friday, a report in The Guardian said that a shipment of medical equipment bound for France from Shanghigh was taken by the US instead. In this case, the French official – identified as Valérie Pécresse, president of the hard-hit Île-de-France region – claimed that the US outbid the French by offering three times the price and offering to pay upfront.
“I can’t do that. I’m spending taxpayers’ money and I can only pay on delivery having checked the quality,” Pécresse told BFMTV.
https://www.jpost.com/international/coronavirus-ventilators-bound-for-barbados-allegedly-seized-by-us-623787

1 Like

Re: Ventilators Bound For Barbados Allegedly Seized By US by Hizzojay(m): 11:25pm On Apr 07, 2020
That's the MAGA style!
Re: Ventilators Bound For Barbados Allegedly Seized By US by Randal: 11:26pm On Apr 07, 2020
If this is true, then its really bad.

1 Like

Re: Ventilators Bound For Barbados Allegedly Seized By US by 7lives: 11:32pm On Apr 07, 2020
E don dey happen, last last the world police will end up stealing face masks.
All they needed to do is deploy their multi billion dollars Armada, against coro grin grin grin.
Why hijack ventilators from small country like Barbados?.
Awon alaye baje.

5 Likes

Re: Ventilators Bound For Barbados Allegedly Seized By US by Makavelli25: 11:40pm On Apr 07, 2020
USA need all the help they can get now
Its really bad o
Re: Ventilators Bound For Barbados Allegedly Seized By US by Jumlek2411: 11:42pm On Apr 07, 2020
This is becoming very serious ooooo
Re: Ventilators Bound For Barbados Allegedly Seized By US by zukky79: 11:44pm On Apr 07, 2020
Donald is a bad ass. He cares only about his country.
Re: Ventilators Bound For Barbados Allegedly Seized By US by Ruggedniggaone: 11:46pm On Apr 07, 2020
has it gotten to this level? so US are not hiding it again!day light terrorist and day light robbery.

8 Likes

Re: Ventilators Bound For Barbados Allegedly Seized By US by DozieInc(m): 11:50pm On Apr 07, 2020
The U.S is going through trying times.
Desperate times calls for desperate measures.

1 Like

Re: Ventilators Bound For Barbados Allegedly Seized By US by ImadeUReadThis: 11:51pm On Apr 07, 2020
Well, it so happens that the Governor of New York started selling the excess 45,000 ventilators that were sitting idly in a warehouse. He had to after he was caught lying that New York had a shortage of ventilators.

Democrats are evil.

Besides, ventilators are only alleviates and do not treat or cure Corona.

1 Like

Re: Ventilators Bound For Barbados Allegedly Seized By US by ImadeUReadThis: 11:54pm On Apr 07, 2020
[s]
7lives:
E don dey happen, last last the world police will end up stealing face masks.
All they needed to do is deploy their multi billion dollars Armada, against coro grin grin grin.
Why hijack ventilators from small country like Barbados?.
Awon alaye baje.
[/s]

zombie, those ventilators were stolen and sold off.

They were part of the ventilators Trump donated to New York which the useless nipple piercing faggit Governor decided to sell off.

1 Like

Re: Ventilators Bound For Barbados Allegedly Seized By US by puremaker7(m): 12:16am On Apr 08, 2020
ImadeUReadThis:
[s][/s]

[s]zombie, those ventilators were stolen and sold off.

They were part of the ventilators Trump donated to New York which the useless nipple piercing faggit Governor decided to sell off[/s]
source
Re: Ventilators Bound For Barbados Allegedly Seized By US by ImadeUReadThis: 12:21am On Apr 08, 2020

Re: Ventilators Bound For Barbados Allegedly Seized By US by ImadeUReadThis: 12:23am On Apr 08, 2020

Re: Ventilators Bound For Barbados Allegedly Seized By US by Tayeni(m): 12:30am On Apr 08, 2020
ImadeUReadThis:

https://twitter.com/ScottPresler/status/1243899847394164736
You do know that stockpiling of ventilators is in anticipation of the peak of the curve when the healthcare system will experience it's deluge of infected people.

The rationale is that, you don't start building a well when you get thirsty. You don't start searching for ventilators at the peak of the curve.

3 Likes

Re: Ventilators Bound For Barbados Allegedly Seized By US by Tayeni(m): 12:45am On Apr 08, 2020
ImadeUReadThis:
[s][/s]

Cuomo lied that he never received any ventilators and that the State was facing shortages despite this being to the contrary.

He had 45,000 VENTILATORS in warehouses and still kept complaining.

You Buharist zombies are no differnet than the deranged leftist communist idiots that are plaguing America.

You think you are wise but are as foolish as the idiots you support.

Argue with Imam of Peace.

Who the f#ck is this fowl. Just went from zero to 100.....Do you know me or my leanings and opinions apart from the one I just shared? Shows how shallow and empty you miserable life is....waiting to pick e-fights with strangers online...you ass-wipe.

I thought I could have a normal conversation with you.....didn't know I was talking to an effing cretin.

3 Likes

Re: Ventilators Bound For Barbados Allegedly Seized By US by Grace001: 12:53am On Apr 08, 2020
Mmmm obviously they need it more than Barbados
Re: Ventilators Bound For Barbados Allegedly Seized By US by Tayeni(m): 1:00am On Apr 08, 2020
ImadeUReadThis:
[s][/s]

Fck off already
Lol....Look at this swine....i bet you get off on insulting .
Look at him, happy as a pig in a muck. I won't join you to wallow in it. Knock your self out buddy.
Re: Ventilators Bound For Barbados Allegedly Seized By US by ImadeUReadThis: 1:10am On Apr 08, 2020
[s]
Tayeni:
Lol....Look at this swine....i bet you get off on insulting .
Look at him, happy as a pig in a muck. I won't join you to wallow in it. Knock your self out buddy.
[/s]

Re: Ventilators Bound For Barbados Allegedly Seized By US by Xisnin(m): 4:23am On Apr 08, 2020
Tayeni:
Who the f#ck is this fowl. Just went from zero to 100.....Do you know me or my leanings and opinions apart from the one I just shared? Shows how shallow and empty you miserable life is....waiting to pick e-fights with strangers online...you ass-wipe.

I thought I could have a normal conversation with you.....didn't know I was talking to an effing cretin.
You made a mistake engaging him.
He is totally deranged going by his per minute posts.

1 Like

Re: Ventilators Bound For Barbados Allegedly Seized By US by Cherez: 5:11am On Apr 08, 2020
Ruggedniggaone:
has it gotten to this level? so US are not hiding it again!day light terrorist and day light robbery.
Do you guys read at all?
US in itself is in shortage of these machines and someone is trying to export them from the US , will you agree if this was your own house?
Re: Ventilators Bound For Barbados Allegedly Seized By US by puremaker7(m): 6:48am On Apr 08, 2020
ImadeUReadThis:

https://twitter.com/ScottPresler/status/1243899847394164736
Get the f*uck off, this is more like Fani kayode accusing Sanwo Olu. I can see you are one Trump ass licker

1 Like

Re: Ventilators Bound For Barbados Allegedly Seized By US by seleroms2(m): 9:45am On Apr 08, 2020
Cherez:

Do you guys read at all?
US in itself is in shortage of these machines and someone is trying to export them from the US , will you agree if this was your own house?
Who is a philanthropist?
Re: Ventilators Bound For Barbados Allegedly Seized By US by 7lives: 9:47am On Apr 08, 2020
ImadeUReadThis:
[s][/s]

zombie, those ventilators were stolen and sold off.

They were part of the ventilators Trump donated to New York which the useless nipple piercing faggit Governor decided to sell off.

Uncle Tom I'm not interested in your story.
Selfish America will come to the realization, that 20 million ventilators cannot save America, from a virus that is now AIRBORNE.
Only those who understands, that best things in life are free, will survive covid 19 in America.
Awon alaye baje.
Re: Ventilators Bound For Barbados Allegedly Seized By US by cyprus000: 11:36am On Apr 08, 2020
Tayeni:
You do know that stockpiling of ventilators is in anticipation of the peak of the curve when the healthcare system will experience it's deluge of infected people.

The rationale is that, you don't start building a well when you get thirsty. You don't start searching for ventilators at the peak of the curve.
Is that why he should alarmingly bark like a petulant dog, about lack of ventilators, when he have got plethora of ventilator to afford him the laxity to sell.

You do know that trying to rationalize stupidity is tantamount to stupidity itself.
Re: Ventilators Bound For Barbados Allegedly Seized By US by Tayeni(m): 12:41pm On Apr 08, 2020
cyprus000:

Is that why he should alarmingly bark like a petulant dog, about lack of ventilators, when he have got plethora of ventilator to afford him the laxity to sell.

You do know that trying to rationalize stupidity is tantamount to stupidity itself.
Ok. I don't want to be stupid again sir....have you ever been stupid before? please show me how you stopped being stupid .
Re: Ventilators Bound For Barbados Allegedly Seized By US by cyprus000: 1:27pm On Apr 08, 2020
Tayeni:
Ok. I don't want to be stupid again sir....have you ever been stupid before? please show me how you stopped being stupid .
suddenly realize how idiotic you look trying to defend the untenable? don't fight it; it usually comes with the symptom of prevarication or urge to launch into petty bickering, as soon as you realize how cerebrally bereft you're especially when you're trying to perpetuate your dumb boorish self as intelligent.
Re: Ventilators Bound For Barbados Allegedly Seized By US by Tayeni(m): 1:31pm On Apr 08, 2020
cyprus000:

suddenly realize how idiotic you look trying to defend the untenable? don't fight it, it usually comes with the symptom of prevarication or urge to launch into petty bickering, as soon as you realize how cerebrally bereft you're especially when you're trying to perpetuate your dumb boorish self as intelligent.
lol.....Oyibo. I'm amused. You had to dust your father's thesaurus to reply me?...
Mr Bombastic...lol....see grammar o.

Re: Ventilators Bound For Barbados Allegedly Seized By US by cyprus000: 1:51pm On Apr 08, 2020
Tayeni:
lol.....Oyibo. I'm amused. You had to dust your father's thesaurus to reply me?...Mr Bombastic...lol....see grammar o.
Lolcheesy Don't delude yourself, kid. You're too inconsequential to inspire my writing genre.

A simple perusal of my initial post would've availed you this your childish recrimination. anyway, one shouldn't expect much from a person cerebrally handicapped, especially when you can't trust them to discern a thing as overt as the sun. which no wonder the rabid defense of bare-face disingenuous idiocy of suppose new York governor.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Iran Has Perfected The Drone Technology And This Is The Reality Of Today / 'dead' Brazilian Boy Sits Up In Coffin & Asks 4 WATER B4 Ly'n Back Down Lifeless / Pictures Of Egyptian Military

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.