Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

Throw Away Your Mobile Phone If U You Haven't Done This - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Throw Away Your Mobile Phone If U You Haven't Done This (7439 Views)

Will Anything Happen To My Android Phone If I Left It Unused For 6 Months? / 'putting Your Phone On Alarm Can Save Your Phone If Stolen' / If U You Were Given An Opportunity To Choose Any Phone ( Which Will You Choose) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throw Away Your Mobile Phone If U You Haven't Done This by christm386: 1:19am On Apr 09, 2020
Thanks
Re: Throw Away Your Mobile Phone If U You Haven't Done This by jesse8048(m): 4:57am On Apr 09, 2020
My phone did not support it (xiaomi)

1 Like

Re: Throw Away Your Mobile Phone If U You Haven't Done This by aristocratic5(m): 6:50am On Apr 09, 2020
Dis is wat we R talking abt.
Tanks so much
Re: Throw Away Your Mobile Phone If U You Haven't Done This by majamajic(m): 7:34am On Apr 09, 2020
KingAzubuike:

You probably use those MTK Android phones. Get a good Android, there's no way a stranger can pick your phone, put it on emergency and assign a contact to it. So pls tell me, where the security? Emrlergency calls are already pre assigned.

U supposed be a woman , but your voice sounds like a man

Can't u cool down as a woman, read and understand the post before u start looking for people to fight ?

U are king , u are Azubike , yet a woman ,

Odi egwu !
Re: Throw Away Your Mobile Phone If U You Haven't Done This by FromZeroToHero(m): 7:50am On Apr 09, 2020
Just did mine. Thanks for sharing

1 Like

Re: Throw Away Your Mobile Phone If U You Haven't Done This by Nobody: 8:22am On Apr 09, 2020
KingAzubuike:

...there's no way a stranger can pick your phone, put it on emergency and assign a contact to it. So pls tell me, where the security? Emrlergency calls are already pre assigned.

Read the post with your eyes open.
Re: Throw Away Your Mobile Phone If U You Haven't Done This by IreAy0: 8:48am On Apr 09, 2020
I know this is wrong but please bear with me...

Show someone love this easter

If you need to buy food bundles for yourself or your family please
check out

[url]jalo.ng[/url]

From 5k you get foodstuffs like
rice,beans,tea,oil etc

We deliver same day in Lagos

You can buy the bundle as an Easter gift for someone,we will deliver to them same day
Thanks and God bless

Send a message or call 08027331810

Re: Throw Away Your Mobile Phone If U You Haven't Done This by Nobody: 8:48am On Apr 09, 2020
Xiaomi does not support it.
I guess it's only on mediatek phone like tecno, itel infinix

1 Like

Re: Throw Away Your Mobile Phone If U You Haven't Done This by Dalexicographer(m): 10:55am On Apr 09, 2020
lool cheesy .. I knew this by myself out of curiosity grin

BTW check my signature smiley
Re: Throw Away Your Mobile Phone If U You Haven't Done This by infotainment(m): 11:13am On Apr 09, 2020
SadiqBabaSani:
This is how your phone can save your life in certain Circumstances.

VERY VITAL INFORMATION

We the youth of today are fond of putting password/patterns on our phones which makes it difficult for someone to access it in case of emergency situation. But with these few knowledge I'm going to share, perhaps we can save ourselves and the lives of others also.

STEP 1

When your phone is locked, it normally shows enter password, under it you will see emergency. Click on the emergency, then you will see emergency information. Click on the emergency information *(2 times)*. You will see a pencil icon on your extreme right, click on it to edit.

STEP 2

Then enter the contacts you want to save as emergency. You can put as many contacts as possible but I advice you save numbers of active people who know you very well (Family/friend).

Now these contacts you have saved can be called even when your phone is locked without entering your password.

Note this.

FEEL FREE TO SHARE

Police, FRSC Take Note.

God bless u for this priceless info. I just updated my emergency details. And will do same for my friends and families.
Re: Throw Away Your Mobile Phone If U You Haven't Done This by Tonymegabush1(m): 11:43am On Apr 09, 2020
Very vital just set mine up and am sharing it 2 my frmds n fam as well....... Have been trying this emergency thing 4 long most time i give up... Tnks op
Re: Throw Away Your Mobile Phone If U You Haven't Done This by chikevictor(m): 11:51am On Apr 09, 2020
This is the kind of information I want, very informative.thumbs up
Re: Throw Away Your Mobile Phone If U You Haven't Done This by Skinnienigga(m): 12:04pm On Apr 09, 2020
Samsung just tells you how to add emergency numbers straight up.

1 Share

Re: Throw Away Your Mobile Phone If U You Haven't Done This by Kolbe996(m): 12:22pm On Apr 09, 2020
Re: Throw Away Your Mobile Phone If U You Haven't Done This by cmpunk: 1:05pm On Apr 09, 2020
demerits

1. Any mischievous dude can access your emergency contact while u are away and charging it or your fone was stolen

2, Less stress for Kidnappers to demand for ransom.
Re: Throw Away Your Mobile Phone If U You Haven't Done This by Friendlyjoe: 1:10pm On Apr 09, 2020
I cant find any option to add an emergency number
Re: Throw Away Your Mobile Phone If U You Haven't Done This by Nobody: 1:53pm On Apr 09, 2020
cmpunk:

demerits

1. Any mischievous dude can access your emergency contact while u are away and charging it or your fone was stolen

Number two doesn't seem like a demerit to me.
When a person is kidnapped, the best thing that can happen to him is his family knowing what's up immediately.
Re: Throw Away Your Mobile Phone If U You Haven't Done This by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 09, 2020
SadiqBabaSani:
This is how your phone can save your life in certain Circumstances.

VERY VITAL INFORMATION

We the youth of today are fond of putting password/patterns on our phones which makes it difficult for someone to access it in case of emergency situation. But with these few knowledge I'm going to share, perhaps we can save ourselves and the lives of others also.

STEP 1

When your phone is locked, it normally shows enter password, under it you will see emergency. Click on the emergency, then you will see emergency information. Click on the emergency information *(2 times)*. You will see a pencil icon on your extreme right, click on it to edit.

STEP 2

Then enter the contacts you want to save as emergency. You can put as many contacts as possible but I advice you save numbers of active people who know you very well (Family/friend).

Now these contacts you have saved can be called even when your phone is locked without entering your password.

Note this.

FEEL FREE TO SHARE

Police, FRSC Take Note.
Thanks for the vital information.
The topic tho.
Re: Throw Away Your Mobile Phone If U You Haven't Done This by SHABASHA(f): 5:17pm On Apr 09, 2020
KingAzubuike:
More sophisticated phones don't support this nonsense
DO you even understand what you read..and do you even know the meaning of sophisticated..
Re: Throw Away Your Mobile Phone If U You Haven't Done This by Breastfeed: 5:20pm On Apr 09, 2020
Recent Tecno phones have the features. It's very important and can save lives
Re: Throw Away Your Mobile Phone If U You Haven't Done This by KingAzubuike(f): 5:24pm On Apr 09, 2020
cmpunk:

demerits

That's why I said sophisticated phones don't support this. You can only get such features on China phones
SHABASHA SadiqBabaSani
Re: Throw Away Your Mobile Phone If U You Haven't Done This by ademasta(m): 5:42pm On Apr 09, 2020
Nice
Re: Throw Away Your Mobile Phone If U You Haven't Done This by SHABASHA(f): 10:03am On Apr 10, 2020
KingAzubuike:

That's why I said sophisticated phones don't support this. You can only get such features on China phones
SHABASHA SadiqBabaSani
I HAVE finally spotted your calling..blind arguementator
Re: Throw Away Your Mobile Phone If U You Haven't Done This by Mohbola(f): 9:20pm On Apr 12, 2020
Thanks for this
Re: Throw Away Your Mobile Phone If U You Haven't Done This by Oblizdahfuture: 10:11am On Aug 22, 2021
I just Did Mine........

Thanks for this.
Re: Throw Away Your Mobile Phone If U You Haven't Done This by Oblizdahfuture: 10:11am On Aug 22, 2021
I just Did Mine........

Thanks for this.

(1) (2) (Reply)

MTN Pulse New Data Bundle / Ten Reasons Why I Dumped Whatsapp For Telegram / MTN 1.2gb For Just N150

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.