Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,181 members, 7,807,579 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:39 PM

My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories - Travel (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories (131504 Views)

Can One Get To Ivory Coast By Road? / Ivory Coast - New Sector Movements / Planes Crashes Into The Sea In Ivory Coast During Landing, 4 Dead (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Reelz: 2:36am On Jun 01, 2021
Holywizard:
Ivorians are damn lazy.
I heard that they value females than males.
Their believe is that ladies can go make money with their bodies, but their men are efulefus.
Junkies in Yopougon, Abidjan alone is more than all the junkies in the whole of South Eastern Nigeria.
Smoking cigarettes is just normal. Most of their Secondary school boys are heavy smokers.
In this country, they don't sell handkerchiefs, they only use paper towels. (Servet) Spelling may not be correct.
Fighting attracts fine of 200,000 CFA (an Igbo man was fined after an Ivorian lady slapped him and he slapped back.
Someone can sue u if u insults him/her. I heard it attracts fine of 50,000 CFA or thereabout
Dem sabi call police or sue person to court for minor issues and na for this country dem dey charge person reach 20, 30 or even 40 years for prison.
Dem no dey use ear hear rape issues and I heard that some of our brothers are serving wasteful years in prison because of rape allegations
you sound like someone who is already regretting making that desperate move. Anyway may God help you find your feet son.
Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Holywizard: 7:12am On Jun 01, 2021
Reelz:

you sound like someone who is already regretting making that desperate move. Anyway may God help you find your feet son.
I'm not regretting. This country is a nice place.
These are OTs for newbies like me. I was told all these just for me to be careful. I've witnessed and seen a lot.
The best thing about this country is that money circulates a lot, which is good for a business environment

3 Likes

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 9:18am On Jun 01, 2021
adubam:

Chairman. I greet you Sir. Someone said things have changed in CV. All those goody goody are no longer there.

Things has changed everywhere in the world.... U can judge the country after corona when things are normal.

I guess does who entered came in at the wrong time.

But the funny thing is that among the people from my thread that traveled from January, most of them love it there just few complain and is just for house purpose they complain about, and i believe with time they will understand how it works over there with housing

My advice - dnt believe every comment you see online... Try and go there to be the judge yourself. The comment u are reading online may telling you 5 but when u visit the country u may see 6 grin

4 Likes

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by LeeCarpenter1(m): 6:20pm On Jun 01, 2021
beautiful memories
Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Canalmind: 10:54pm On Jun 01, 2021
Yes, Ivory Coast is a nice country and they are still kind to foreigners, as many of the population in the cities are foreigners. They know Nigerians for the good (charity and parties), bad (fraud), and ugly (ritual money).

The people are more exposed than when the EMEKUSBOY9 last visited and he probably had stayed in Treichville or Marcory or Koumassi.

You can still find love, but most and money for hand, back for ground.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Bryanbella(f): 11:17pm On Jun 01, 2021
Please poster, do they accept the blue cover ecowas certificate/passport at the point of entry into ivory coast?

2 Likes

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 5:32am On Jun 02, 2021
Bryanbella:
Please poster, do they accept the blue cover ecowas certificate/passport at the point of entry into ivory coast?

Yes since is ECOWAS passport

2 Likes

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 5:34am On Jun 02, 2021
LeeCarpenter1:
beautiful memories

Thank you grin
Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Bryanbella(f): 6:28am On Jun 02, 2021
Please bro kindly help me confirm if ivory coast accept this

quote author=EMEKUSBOY9 post=102282845]

Yes since is ECOWAS passport[/quote]

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 10:15am On Jun 02, 2021
Bryanbella:

Yes u can use that....

1 Like

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by adubam(m): 4:24pm On Jun 07, 2021
$$$$
Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Labadi69: 7:20pm On Jun 07, 2021
Canalmind:
Yes, Ivory Coast is a nice country and they are still kind to foreigners, as many of the population in the cities are foreigners. They know Nigerians for the good (charity and parties), bad (fraud), and ugly (ritual money).

The people are more exposed than when the EMEKUSBOY9 last visited and he probably had stayed in Treichville or Marcory or Koumassi.

You can still find love, but most and money for hand, back for ground.

You are very correct. Most of the things posted by the OP are false. He paints a picture of Ivory Coast as if the place na heaven. I know the country well and I will tell anyone planning to go to speak with someone that currently lives there. Anybody wey tell you say you go enter Abidjan and nack woman very easily without bar is a big dreamer angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Labadi69: 7:23pm On Jun 07, 2021
Bryanbella:

OP stop deceiving people. If you no sabi just say you no sabi. This blue ECOWAS paper passport is no longer accepted. They will just send you back one time if you attempt it. You must go with the new type of computer readable ECOWAS passport angry

3 Likes

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Labadi69: 7:26pm On Jun 07, 2021
Holywizard:

Most of the girls 14-40 are baby mamas.
It's in this country that u will see a lady that has 4 children, 4 different fathers.

Like say these kind of girls no dey Naija. Guy, I don tell you for ashawo thread. The country is not very different from Naija. Na just less corruption and French. That’s all. Every other thing is about the same angry

1 Like

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Labadi69: 7:29pm On Jun 07, 2021
Reelz:

I don’t blame him o. The OP painted the country like say na Yankee. Anybody wey read all wetin OP write and go with that motivation is in for a rude shock angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Labadi69: 7:30pm On Jun 07, 2021
Holywizard:

No matter what, sex is not cheap here unless u are good in French

This is true. Even with your French you must still get plenty bar as a Naija boy. Of course exceptions go ever dey angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Labadi69: 7:35pm On Jun 07, 2021
Teci:

Very true. You can also see a woman of 37 years who is already a grandmother. She may have given birth to a daughter at the age of 16, and when that daughter grows up to the age of 15 or 16 too, the girl would give birth to a child too. Sex is like water here, and they readily have it with their fellow Ivoirien guys . If the girls sense that you're a Nigerian, the game changes

So sex is not like water in Nigeria? Won’t Naija babe prefer to nack you b4 she nack an Ivorian for Naija? And baby mamas no plenty for Naija? What is wrong with you people painting Ivory Coast like say na different planet.

That is a small West African country very similar to Naija except the language and corruption no reach Naija own so infrastructure works a lot better than Naija angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Labadi69: 7:38pm On Jun 07, 2021
Teci:

He's actually right. If you're a Nigerian, their girls would not readily have sex with you until they bill you. They have the mindset that we Nigerians have money or the potential to have money. And I'll say it's the fault of our Nigerian guys. They have exported this stupid mentality of toasting girls with money to Cote d'Ivoire, and the girls are now loving money like our Nigerian girls. Also, with this lockdown money is somehow scarce and it's only Nigerians and Lebanese businessmen doing business here that have money to spend. The Ivoiriens here don't generally like doing business. They are not that much of hustlers

All that you said is very correct. Only thing I don’t agree be say lockdown is affecting them. That is not true. I have been there a few times since Corona and I can tell you that life is going on as normal. They had curfew when Corona first started last year but that was it. No more.

Anybody wey tell you say Corona dey affect him business is lying to you or the person dey work for hotel or tourist business that are not moving because of lack of many tourists and visitors during this Corona angry

1 Like

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Labadi69: 7:41pm On Jun 07, 2021
Holywizard:
exactly bro.
Sex is cheap within their fellow countrymen.
Their people are into underaged sex so much but once they see a foreigner engaging in it with their girls and you didn't settle her well, they will charge u to court and one can be sentenced to 10years +
Mind u, 13 year old girl can be sexually active ooo

Guy please stop talking nonesense. If you are not getting pucci there then double your hustle or up your French and your game. Stop painting the people as bad people.

They are not worse than you Nigerians living in their country and bringing all the bad bad things to their country. Nor be una dey teach them yahoo yahoo and nack their underaged angry

1 Like

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Labadi69: 7:45pm On Jun 07, 2021
Teci:

True.... a lot of young Nigerian guys have been set up with these girls. One has to be careful while dealing with them. They can be all smiles, but when they come after you, even the devil would be shocked. Nigerian guys have suffered in jail and some who were lucky bailed themselves out with millions to avoid the long jail terms. Worst part is that they can even use a girl above 18 years to set you up. When they want to arrest you, they'll shave off the girls hair and make her appear like an underage, accusing you of seducing and molesting an underage girl and raping her. You may have to pay over a million CFAs as compensation to free yourself. One always has to be careful when dealing with these girls. Never take them to your house, always do your hook ups and meetings in bars, restaurants or hotels, that way they can never implicate you easily. Also, never let a girl you're dating know the amount of money you make from your job or business, or where you are saving your money. Always keep them guessing. Na sense dem dey take follow these people (do your love business with your brain, not your heart grin)

So your Nigerian sisters are better? cheesy

Guy, Ivorian girls dey learn work where Naija babes dey. Take that to the bank any day fam angry

1 Like

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Labadi69: 7:48pm On Jun 07, 2021
Ashirioluwa:

But who told you that the Nigerian girl you are planning to marry is not going to make your life miserable.

I don’t understand why you are using your bad experience from one person to judge the whole population.

Tell me how you will feel if a westerner calls you a scammer or 419 because you are from Nigeria.

Anyway average Nigerian youths are racist and tribalistic in nature.

No mind those people. See as dem dey stereotype a whole country like say their Naija girls better pass the Ivorian women. Ivorian women dey learn work where Naija babes dey any day of the week angry

1 Like

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Labadi69: 7:50pm On Jun 07, 2021
Holywizard:
Ivorians are damn lazy.
I heard that they value females than males.
Their believe is that ladies can go make money with their bodies, but their men are efulefus.
Junkies in Yopougon, Abidjan alone is more than all the junkies in the whole of South Eastern Nigeria.
Smoking cigarettes is just normal. Most of their Secondary school boys are heavy smokers.

So these things wey you write up there no dey happen Naija? Come na village you comot from b4 you enter Ivory Coast? Person wey don live for city for Naija no fit dey talk the kind things wey you dey talk angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Labadi69: 7:52pm On Jun 07, 2021
MERCHANDISER:

That's true bro,an average Nigerian is a fraudster.

Nigerian youths in Abidjan have become involved in
cyber crime,fraudulent acts and scamming just to get rich hence spoiling
Nigeria's image in the international stage.

These guys are worst than our polithiefcians

You are very correct

1 Like

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Labadi69: 7:56pm On Jun 07, 2021
Holywizard:

Most middle class businessmen are complaining oo. (Many are still making it)
House rent is on monthly basis. (The most controversial thing in this country).
If u are coming to this country because of women, u will definitely be disappointed.
Most of their ladies na 'bring money come fvck'.

Things have really changed in this country

How is it controversial to pay rent monthly? Most Nigerians will give anything to pay monthly rent. You think say e easy to pay one or two years rent in advance? angry

1 Like

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Bryanbella(f): 11:33pm On Jun 07, 2021
Labadi69:

OP stop deceiving people. If you no sabi just say you no sabi. This blue ECOWAS paper passport is no longer accepted. They will just send you back one time if you attempt it. You must go with the new type of computer readable ECOWAS passport angry

Thanks for this. Please do you have an idea on how one can get the new computer readable ECOWAS passport. Please is urgent
Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Labadi69: 6:01am On Jun 08, 2021
Bryanbella:

Thanks for this. Please do you have an idea on how one can get the new computer readable ECOWAS passport. Please is urgent

It’s the normal Nigerian ECOWAS passport. The green one. Go to the passport office and get more information from them.

2 Likes

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Labadi69: 6:25am On Jun 08, 2021
EMEKUSBOY9:

Things has changed everywhere in the world.... U can judge the country after corona when things are normal.

I guess does who entered came in at the wrong time.

But the funny thing is that among the people from my thread that traveled from January, most of them love it there just few complain and is just for house purpose they complain about, and i believe with time they will understand how it works over there with housing

My advice - dnt believe every comment you see online... Try and go there to be the judge yourself. The comment u are reading online may telling you 5 but when u visit the country u may see 6 grin

Guy it is not covid anything. I have been going to Abidjan long before covid. Life there is not as easy as you paint it. Most Ivorians are not rich and are struggling. Go to Youpougun Treichville Koumassi Abobo and other places where Naija people dey stay and tell me how it is different from Naija. The suffer plenty for them. Then person wey no sabi their language and culture think say he go enter there and start to enjoy immediately? You lie bro.

To enjoy the country, you either enter there with good job, good business wey no dey there wey can move and wey go hard their people copy, you be yahoo boy or drug boy with plenty money to spend or you are a tourist on holiday. If you dey enter there with no money and no plans, I really pity your life angry

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Labadi69: 6:35am On Jun 08, 2021
Holywizard:
I'm not regretting. This country is a nice place.
These are OTs for newbies like me. I was told all these just for me to be careful. I've witnessed and seen a lot.
The best thing about this country is that money circulates a lot, which is good for a business environment

Doesn’t money circulate a lot in Naija? Is there any country in Africa wey money dey circulate like Naija? Yet are people not suffering?

I repeat to any new person. If you no get money , job and good long term plans, you better stay in Naija and hustle. No say because life rough for Naija make you jakpa go find better life with nothing for Ivory Coast. Na suffer go dey wait you there if you try am angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Labadi69: 6:40am On Jun 08, 2021
adubam:

Chairman. I greet you Sir. Someone said things have changed in CV. All those goody goody are no longer there.

No goody goody dey there before sef unless say you get money or are at least middle class. OP just dey use una catch cruise. Ivory Coast is not a rich country. Most Ivorians are poor. Na just now things dey even change. This na country wey civil war almost destroyed angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Labadi69: 6:42am On Jun 08, 2021
Ashirioluwa:

If you are surprised to see a lady that has 4 kids for 4 different men then I guess you are not from Nigeria this is not new here in Naija at all

Gbam!!! No mind that guy. E be like say na small boy or villager angry

1 Like

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Labadi69: 6:44am On Jun 08, 2021
Ashirioluwa:
Stay in Nigeria if you can’t get visa to a country where you can better your life and also help your immediate family.

I am not traveling to go live in any fucking African country (Kenya / Togo / Ivory Coast). All these countries see Nigeria as America of Africa.

I am already a 2nd class citizens in Nigeria. Why will I travel to a country where the minimum wage is less than $75 to live as 2nd class citizens.

I visited Kenya in 2015, you won’t believe what our people going through. No job, most of our youths mostly involved in crime in this country.

Don’t get me wrong, you can make it anywhere

People need to listen to this poster. He speaks nothing but the truth about the situation of things. Very accurate!!!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Labadi69: 6:49am On Jun 08, 2021
Holywizard:
a lot of Nigerians are serving in their prisons.
Some are false accusations via dealing with their ladies

These are not false accusations. They are true. Many Nigerians there are criminals. They go there thinking it’s heaven after reading all the things wey people like OP dey write. After reaching there, they see the reality say life is not that easy and then turn to crime instead of going back home to be ridiculed by friends and family. They die there! And then turn to crime just to survive angry

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (62) (Reply)

You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? / Lagosian Turns Keke Into Rover.... To Avoid Ban / I Finally Stepped Out Of The House After Two More Months Of Quarantine (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.