Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories - Travel (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories (131523 Views)

Can One Get To Ivory Coast By Road? / Ivory Coast - New Sector Movements / Planes Crashes Into The Sea In Ivory Coast During Landing, 4 Dead (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by MERCHANDISER: 11:35am On Jun 11, 2021
Trust me,I haven't been to Abidjan but that place is better than Nigeria especially if you're business oriented person or an entrepreneur.
I know one Yoruba guy,he is a Tailor.He makes roughly 10k everyday there.I can post his contact for you to confirm

Don't be discouraged, go there and do your findings.

6 Likes

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Tranquility2345: 1:51pm On Jun 11, 2021
After reading everything here, I have to say that most of you are overhyping Côte d’Ivoire, a country that was ravaged by civil war and just recovering. For you to want to leave Nigeria to immigrate to Côte d’Ivoire to hustle means you have really given up on Nigeria. What a shame.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by babakb: 6:47pm On Jun 11, 2021
Tranquility2345:
After reading everything here, I have to say that most of you are overhyping Côte d’Ivoire, a country that was ravaged by civil war and just recovering. For you to want to leave Nigeria to immigrate to Côte d’Ivoire to hustle means you have really given up on Nigeria. What a shame.

The country was ravaged by civil war buts its largest city "Abidjan" is far more beautiful than Lagos and Abuja put together.

They enjoy 24 hours electricity.

The enjoy 100% Internal and External Security, I hope you know how many thousands murderers have killed in Nigeria this year alone.

They have a very solid labour law, Multinationals companies from Asia and Europe can't maltreat or mess with their citizens.

They keep churning out stars in the football world like Dedier Drogba, Yaya Toure, Kolo Toure, Gervinho, Wifred Zaha, Casie etc

Cote d'ivoire is far ahead of Nigeria.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by adubam(m): 7:05pm On Jun 11, 2021
Tranquility2345:

There are a lot of reasons why people leave their countries for another. Americans, British, French etc leave their well developed countries even to very poor countries to hustle. If you don't have meaningful things to add then better keep quiet

12 Likes

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 8:54pm On Jun 11, 2021
adubam:

There are a lot of reasons why people leave their countries for another. Americans, British, French etc leave their well developed countries even to very poor countries to hustle. If you don't have meaningful things to add then better keep quiet

grin
Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 8:56pm On Jun 11, 2021
babakb:

The country was ravaged by civil war buts its largest city "Abidjan" is far more beautiful than Lagos and Abuja put together.

They enjoy 24 hours electricity.

The enjoy 100% Internal and External Security, I hope you know how many thousands murderers have killed in Nigeria this year alone.

They have a very solid labour law, Multinationals companies from Asia and Europe can't maltreat or mess with their citizens.

They keep churning out stars in the football world like Dedier Drogba, Yaya Toure, Kolo Toure, Gervinho, Wifred Zaha, Casie etc

Cote d'ivoire is far ahead of Nigeria.

My brother i tire for some Nigerians oooo.

Life is all about starting from somewhere

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Tranquility2345: 11:25am On Jun 12, 2021
babakb:

This false statement shows that you have never been to Abidjan. Please be proud of your country and pray for things to get better. They don’t call Nigeria the giant of Africa for nothing.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Tranquility2345: 11:33am On Jun 12, 2021
adubam:

The Americans, British and French that move to Africa to work are paid ridiculous money to compensate them. They don’t leave their good lives in their countries to come and suffer here. Some Nigerians also move to Côte d’Ivoire to work and get paid very well to move there.

It makes me so sad to see young Nigerians willing to leave Nigeria to go to poorer African countries to hustle to eat. It really saddens me.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by babakb: 11:44am On Jun 12, 2021
Tranquility2345:

The Americans, British and French that move to Africa to work are paid ridiculous money to compensate them. They don’t leave their good lives in their countries to come and suffer here. Some Nigerians also move to Côte d’Ivoire to work and get paid very well to move there.

It makes me so sad to see young Nigerians willing to leave Nigeria to go to poorer African countries to hustle to eat. It really saddens me.

You are just contradicting yourself grin grin grin
Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by babakb: 11:50am On Jun 12, 2021
Tranquility2345:

This false statement shows that you have never been to Abidjan. Please be proud of your country and pray for things to get better. They don’t call Nigeria the giant of Africa for nothing.

I have never heard any foreigner called Nigeria "Giant of Africa" except Nigerians because we're just deceiving ourselves cheesy cheesy cheesy

I know people who have been hustling in Nigeria for over 20 years but still Feeding from hand to mouth, it's clear the country can't manage our population again so allow those who want to take a chance outside Nigeria carry on.

And I repeat, Cote d'ivoire is miles ahead of Nigeria.

9 Likes

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Nicoswit(m): 1:26pm On Jun 12, 2021
babakb:

I have never heard any foreigner called Nigeria "Giant of Africa" except Nigerians because we're just deceiving ourselves cheesy cheesy cheesy

I know people who have been hustling in Nigeria for over 20 years but still Feeding from hand to mouth, it's clear the country can't manage our population again so allow those who want to take a chance outside Nigeria carry on.

As in, Nigerians needs to know that we alone calls Nigeria giant of Africa, other African nationals just laugh at us

2 Likes

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Tranquility2345: 3:00pm On Jun 12, 2021
babakb:

You are just contradicting yourself grin grin grin

How am I contradicting myself? It takes a lot of money to make a white man leave his country to come and work in Africa. They don’t leave their countries to come and hustle just to eat.

I understand if things are rough and you want to go to a developed country to hustle to eat but not to go and hustle to eat in a country where majority of the citizens are hungry.

In any case, I wish you all the best and hope it works out for you out there.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Tranquility2345: 3:07pm On Jun 12, 2021
babakb:

You are wrong. Nigeria has the highest FDI inflows in Africa. Nigeria has the largest economy. Nigerian music and movies are idolized in every African country. International businesses make lots of money in Nigeria.

Let me ask you a question. Please don’t take it the wrong way. Have you ever travelled outside of Nigeria? Have you ever befriended people from other African and even developed countries? If you have, then you will know that everyone knows Nigeria to be the giant of Africa.

From the things you write, I do not think you have been to Côte d’Ivoire. Brother, please take a trip to that country. You don’t need a visa. If you go there and come back to repeat what you are saying that the country is miles ahead of Nigeria, then I will know that you must really hate your fatherland.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by babakb: 3:17pm On Jun 12, 2021
Tranquility2345:

You are wrong. Nigeria has the highest FDI inflows in Africa. Nigeria has the largest economy. Nigerian music and movies are idolized in every African country. International businesses make lots of money in Nigeria.

Let me ask you a question. Please don’t take it the wrong way. Have you ever travelled outside of Nigeria? Have you ever befriended people from other African and even developed countries? If you have, then you will know that everyone knows Nigeria to be the giant of Africa.

From the things you write, I do not think you have been to Côte d’Ivoire. Brother, please take a trip to that country. You don’t need a visa. If you go there and come back to repeat what you are saying that the country is miles ahead of Nigeria, then I will know that you must really hate your fatherland.

The reason why I haven't traveled out before is because of the illusion of patriotism but I know better now.

But everything is in the news...

The whole of west Africa in general is poor so let's leave economy aside.

Safety and security of lives is the first thing you look out for in any country then Constant electricity.

As we speak Cote d'ivoire is ahead of us in these two key areas so how can I believe Nigeria is better.

I live in the north, unknown gunmen kill people everyday in Zamfara, Kaduna, Katsina, Niger and Benue and you are talking of patriotism

They also kidnap hundreds of students in Public Primary and Secondary schools..

I haven't heard such in Cote d'ivoire before.

5 Likes

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Tranquility2345: 4:15pm On Jun 12, 2021
babakb:

The reason why I haven't traveled out before is because of the illusion of patriotism but I know better now.

But everything is in the news...

The whole of west Africa in general is poor so let's leave economy aside.

Safety and security of lives is the first thing you look out for in any country then Constant electricity.

As we speak Cote d'ivoire is ahead of us in these two key areas so how can I believe Nigeria is better.

I live in the north, unknown gunmen kill people everyday in Zamfara, Kaduna, Katsina, Niger and Benue and you are talking of patriotism

They also kidnap hundreds of students in Public Primary and Secondary schools..

I haven't heard such in Cote d'ivoire before.

Go and do your homework. The northern part of their country has been having issues with militants as well. Just because you don’t see it on NTA does not mean things are not happening outside Nigeria.

You keep talking about security. Do you know how scared people get during elections or any small kasala? Ivorians start going to their villages, oyibos take the next flight out and Nigerians return home to wait. A country that had 2 civil wars within 20 years. Do you know how many people were given arms during those wars? Where do you think those guns are? Why do you think whites are now living closer to the airport? undecided

You my friend are not qualified to speak when people are talking about comparisons between both countries as you have never seen Côte d’Ivoire with your eyes. Have you even been to Lagos? Go to Côte d’Ivoire first and then come back and let us know if you still believe that the country is better than Nigeria.

I still wish you all the best when you go there to hustle. Godspeed.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by babakb: 4:30pm On Jun 12, 2021
Tranquility2345:

Go and do your homework. The northern part of their country has been having issues with militants as well. Just because you don’t see it on NTA does not mean things are not happening outside Nigeria.

You keep talking about security. Do you know how scared people get during elections or any small kasala? People start going to their villages and Nigerians return home to wait. A country that had 2 civil wars within 20 years. Do you know how many people were given arms during those wars? Where do you think those guns are? Why do you think whites are now living closer to the airport? undecided

You my friend are not qualified to speak when people are talking about comparisons between both countries as you have never seen Abidjan with your eyes. Have you even been to Lagos? Go to Côte d’Ivoire first and then come back and let us know if you still believe that the country is better than Nigeria.

You keep ranting about Civil War as if Nigeria never experienced Civil war, let's not even go there, I can't even start listing various ethnic killings across Nigeria grin grin is it the Yoruba vs Hausa in shagamu, or Hausa vs Kataf in Kaduna, or Tiv vs Jikum in Taraba etc.

Post just one link where unknown gunmen kill 50 people at a go in Cote d'ivoire and I will post 10 different links where over 50 people were killed at a go in Nigeria.

Please accept this challenge?

Incase you don't know I'm an Immigration consultant, I don't need to be anywhere to get the information I need, the world has moved on, may be you are still in analog age.
Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Labadi69: 4:48pm On Jun 12, 2021
babakb:

You keep ranting about Civil War as if Nigeria never experienced Civil war, let's not even go there, I can't even start listing various ethnic killings across Nigeria grin grin is it the Yoruba vs Hausa in shagamu, or Hausa vs Kataf in Kaduna, or Tiv vs Jikum in Taraba etc.

Post just one link where unknown gunmen kill 50 people at a go in Cote d'ivoire and I will post 10 different links where over 50 people were killed at a go in Nigeria.

Please accept this challenge?

Incase you don't know I'm an Immigration consultant, I don't need to be anywhere to get the information I need, the world has moved on, may be you are still in analog age.

Immigration consultant wey never see airport before. Owu na bastard. Come on gerrout of here. Mugu angry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Labadi69: 4:50pm On Jun 12, 2021
Tranquility2345:

You keep talking about security. Do you know how scared people get during elections or any small kasala? Ivorians start going to their villages, oyibos take the next flight out and Nigerians return home to wait. A country that had 2 civil wars within 20 years. Do you know how many people were given arms during those wars? Where do you think those guns are? Why do you think whites are now living closer to the airport? undecided

You my friend are not qualified to speak when people are talking about comparisons between both countries as you have never seen Côte d’Ivoire with your eyes. Have you even been to Lagos? Go to Côte d’Ivoire first and then come back and let us know if you still believe that the country is better than Nigeria.

Guy, free that man make he dey go na. Anything wey he see make he take. Don’t waste your data exchanging with person wey hunger can make to enter even hellfire to go hustle. Mugus angry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by babakb: 4:55pm On Jun 12, 2021
Labadi69:

Immigration consultant wey never see airport before. Owu na bastard. Come on gerrout of here. Mugu angry

E pain you ohhh, so both of you can't provide a link for me grin grin grin, and yes I'm an Immigration consultant, just ask me any question about Immigration let me school you.

I don't brag, I give facts.

Sorry I know you don't have any connections outside Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 10:00pm On Jun 12, 2021
babakb:

E pain you ohhh, so both of you can't provide a link for me grin grin grin, and yes I'm an Immigration consultant, just ask me any question about Immigration let me school you.

I don't brag, I give facts.

Sorry I know you don't have any connections outside Nigeria...

My guy abeg free this people... I find it hard to understand why people are just so negative and very determined to discourage people.

Even after they have made their opinion they still want to force people to follow their advice, and they forgot that some people destinies are not even in America or Europe. Their mindset is just so fixed to one direction, and this made them to be visionless and lack of creativity because they are scared of making an attempt..... Even me that owns the thread is not even begging any one to go there, but to encourage them to make decision for themselves and try, but the negative guys on my thread are so determined to stop any one from trying grin are u thinking what am thinking ?. Even paid agent are not this determined like this people grin

But dnt be surprise that it may just be one guy with many monikers cheesy

6 Likes

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by babakb: 10:19pm On Jun 12, 2021
EMEKUSBOY9:

My guy abeg free this people... I find haed to understand why people are just so negative and very determined to discourage people.

Even after they have made their opinion they still want to force people to follow their advice, and they forgot that some people destinies are not even in America or Europe. Their mindset is just so fixed to one direction, and this made them to be visionless and lack of creativity because they are scared of making an attempt..... Even me that owns the thread is not even begging any one to go there, but to encourage them to make decision for themselves and try, but the negative guys on my thread are so determined to stop any one from trying grin are u thinking what am thinking ?. Even paid agent are not this determined like this people grin

But dnt be surprise that it may just be one guy with many monikers cheesy

No mind them, I wonder why they have so much hatred for ivory cost.
Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 9:27am On Jun 13, 2021
Wow.... I thought some people were advising advising Nigerians. But now it is getting so shameful when u go deep too dig people past just because the person don't buy your opinion on a country.

Please let's be guided that is an open forum , and if you dnt have educative topic to argue on, don't bring people past that is not related to my thread. Please we are here to help and advice each and not to fight or breeding ground for hatred, and again u had made ur opinion let people make their decision.... Please enough is enough because i will never encourage bitterness on my thread

@youonlyliveonce: please my guy just ignored this people dnt quote them any more. Let them keep showing their bitterness to the world. Just ignored them
Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 2:02pm On Jun 13, 2021
[quote author=Labadi69 post=102678138]

Oga OP no be you be this wey dey lament say Abidjan hard without money when you enter there? Why you want your fellow Nigerian brothers and sisters to go suffer the suffer wey you suffer? You are a wicked human being. Mugu angry[/quote

grin see your life.... I regret ever quoting u at first. You screen shot the negative things and left out the positive ones grin

That is how low u are..

Show me anywhere on my thread where i said is easy or hard in ivory coast?

Olodo, go back to my thread and read... make sure u digest it. What u quoted was when i first entered when i was homeless, and i was planing to call Nigeria to get assistance because i had no money with me in ivory coast, but as God may have it i was helped by a lovely ivorian family

Mumu... So u mean if i entered America without money and no relation or friends i would not have felt it? U are so daft that u cannot comprehend.

Stupid boy... Read my stories again and understand. i went through pains and joy that made it "my sweet ivory coast memories " did i compare it with america or England?

I can see what u are trying to achieve but mind u that your motives was never for God and very soon u will be disgrace for discouraging people from trying. The only issue with ivory coast is housing and everyone knows that....

Once again thank u for bringing back my sweet memories grin and am going to update this thread with a new topic because u just made me remember alot of things i forgot. Your plans was to disgrace me but u ended up giving more update to write.... grin

OLODO RABATTA..... I was just one week or two weeks old in that country without any money, but the sweetest thing is that i succeeded

Bye boy, dig more for me too update on my thread

1 Like

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Iamicekid(m): 2:24pm On Jun 13, 2021
[quote author=EMEKUSBOY9 post=102679798][/quote]

Abeg leave all this people and continue your story jare, they making the trend boring already
Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 2:24pm On Jun 13, 2021
OLODO RABATA alias "PAID AGENT"

This is a screen shot as counter prove to what you screen shot earlier

Your plans will not work

But you never uploaded this statement i also made concerning the house issue. And this " counter prove" i posted will surely prove that i was new to that country and i was still learning the country

"PAID AGENT "

Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by EMEKUSBOY9(m): 2:41pm On Jun 13, 2021
Labadi69:

How you no go support your fellow efulefu when you sef dey the same line. When una mates dey plan their lives, una dey spoil una life dey find sugarmummy and okpo up and down. Today una don reach almost 40 years with nothing to show. How won’t you be desperate to enter any poor country to hustle to chop? Mugu angry

OLODO, you expect a footballer to post his real age. grin

How are u sure i am not even much younger than 26 by then?

You forgot this is Nairaland and every one was just hyping their age.

For you to think any footballer will post his real age on internet makes me regret why did i ever quoted u at first.

BABA u no know as e dey go joor.....
Re: My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories by Youonlyliveonce: 3:15pm On Jun 13, 2021
Labadi69:

See the hungry man wey dey call person miscreant and lowlife. Na wetin you wan go dey do for Abidjan be this? Owu na bastard. Abidjan prison and yamayama disease awaits you cheesy

For your information this profile doesn’t even belong to me but regardless you are a very foolish trying to use that to prove your point.

The fact that u cant compose yourself on here proves that you really are a lowlife trying to give your life meaning by putting others down thats why you spend your whole time being a celebrity on an ashawo thread trolling children now you see why you not moving forward in life tramp.

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (62) (Reply)

You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? / Lagosian Turns Keke Into Rover.... To Avoid Ban / I Finally Stepped Out Of The House After Two More Months Of Quarantine (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.