Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,174 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

Car Gurus, Pls Help, My Car Will Suddenly Stop And Start Again After Few Mins - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Gurus, Pls Help, My Car Will Suddenly Stop And Start Again After Few Mins (1665 Views)

What Car Will You Suggest For A First Timer. / Production Version Of Mercedes-AMG Project ONE Concept Car Will Be Called "ONE" / Porsche's All-Electric Car Will Now Be Called Taycan.See How To Pronounce It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Gurus, Pls Help, My Car Will Suddenly Stop And Start Again After Few Mins by hrpvl3: 8:39pm On Apr 08, 2020
I have an Honda Civic 2005 manual transmission. I have not any problem with it until recently, while driving and after few miles, the car abruptly loses power and stops. All efforts to restart immediately always prove abortive.The first time this issue occurred, I called a road side mechanic, he couldn't get it done and after some minutes it start all by itself. Few days after i drove about a couple of block and when I have to slow down or stop, the car stops running again. It may do this 1 or 2 times until I get to my destination. I will just leave the car sits for like 10 to 15 minutes sometimes hours and then it will start again. This may not occur again for days but then all of a sudden, the same thing happens. No engine lights come on and both my mechanic and rewire said they cannot replicate the problem and cannot figure out what is wrong as the battery, ignition, kick, alternator, few pump and nuzzle have all been diagnosed and are all good.
I am now frustrated after this occurring the 5th time and cannot be diagnosed, please help!
Re: Car Gurus, Pls Help, My Car Will Suddenly Stop And Start Again After Few Mins by maynation(f): 9:29pm On Apr 08, 2020
Cc
Gazzuzz

1 Like

Re: Car Gurus, Pls Help, My Car Will Suddenly Stop And Start Again After Few Mins by diehard(m): 9:29pm On Apr 08, 2020
This has happened to me before and i did all those things you described to get to the problem.

Later found out it was a security tracker that was installed and it uses it's own battery, so whenever the battery of the tracker is weak, this happen

1 Like

Re: Car Gurus, Pls Help, My Car Will Suddenly Stop And Start Again After Few Mins by hrpvl3: 9:42pm On Apr 08, 2020
diehard:
This has happened to me before and i did all those things you described to get to the problem.

Later found out it was a security tracker that was installed and it uses it's own battery, so whenever the battery of the tracker is weak, this happen

nawa ooooo, what car was car plss
Re: Car Gurus, Pls Help, My Car Will Suddenly Stop And Start Again After Few Mins by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:10am On Apr 09, 2020
hrpvl3:
I have an Honda Civic 2005 manual transmission. I have not any problem with it until recently, while driving and after few miles, the car abruptly loses power and stops. All efforts to restart immediately always prove abortive.The first time this issue occurred, I called a road side mechanic, he couldn't get it done and after some minutes it start all by itself. Few days after i drove about a couple of block and when I have to slow down or stop, the car stops running again. It may do this 1 or 2 times until I get to my destination. I will just leave the car sits for like 10 to 15 minutes sometimes hours and then it will start again. This may not occur again for days but then all of a sudden, the same thing happens. No engine lights come on and both my mechanic and rewire said they cannot replicate the problem and cannot figure out what is wrong as the battery, ignition, kick, alternator, few pump and nuzzle have all been diagnosed and are all good.
I am now frustrated after this occurring the 5th time and cannot be diagnosed, please help!

replace crankshaft position sensor.

2 Likes

Re: Car Gurus, Pls Help, My Car Will Suddenly Stop And Start Again After Few Mins by Microwhy: 8:14am On Apr 09, 2020
Likely to be fuel pump. .
It start when it's cold and off when hot.
Go change your fuel pump...

1 Like

Re: Car Gurus, Pls Help, My Car Will Suddenly Stop And Start Again After Few Mins by hrpvl3: 11:03am On Apr 09, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Thanks
Re: Car Gurus, Pls Help, My Car Will Suddenly Stop And Start Again After Few Mins by hrpvl3: 11:05am On Apr 09, 2020
Microwhy:
Likely to be fuel pump. .
It start when it's cold and off when hot.
Go change your fuel pump...

I'm not sure it is because one day it doesn't start very early in the morning but later starts the next day
Re: Car Gurus, Pls Help, My Car Will Suddenly Stop And Start Again After Few Mins by frozen70(f): 7:51am On Apr 13, 2020
hrpvl3:

Mine did same for some period of times and my mechanic changed the fuel filter the one inside the tank and the one inside the bunnet, since then I became free

When he poured out the fuke from the tank, they were so dirty and looks rusted, he washed the tank very well and use fresh fuel to was it clean

It's caused by dirts from feul
Re: Car Gurus, Pls Help, My Car Will Suddenly Stop And Start Again After Few Mins by hrpvl3: 11:18pm On Apr 17, 2020
frozen70:

Mine did same for some period of times and my mechanic changed the fuel filter the one inside the tank and the one inside the bunnet, since then I became free

When he poured out the fuke from the tank, they were so dirty and looks rusted, he washed the tank very well and use fresh fuel to was it clean

It's caused by dirts from feul

Thanks for your contribution
Re: Car Gurus, Pls Help, My Car Will Suddenly Stop And Start Again After Few Mins by hrpvl3: 11:20pm On Apr 17, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

God bless you bro, this was what I did and my car is back to normal

1 Like

Re: Car Gurus, Pls Help, My Car Will Suddenly Stop And Start Again After Few Mins by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:29am On Apr 18, 2020
hrpvl3:

God bless you bro, this was what I did and my car is back to normal

Enjoy your car

4 Likes

Re: Car Gurus, Pls Help, My Car Will Suddenly Stop And Start Again After Few Mins by larrypourl(m): 11:21am On Apr 18, 2020
Gazzuzz dis experience plenty oo, make I come tap small now grin
Re: Car Gurus, Pls Help, My Car Will Suddenly Stop And Start Again After Few Mins by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:18pm On Apr 18, 2020
larrypourl:
Gazzuzz dis experience plenty oo, make I come tap small now grin

No hugging no touching ... Ooooin

4 Likes

Re: Car Gurus, Pls Help, My Car Will Suddenly Stop And Start Again After Few Mins by larrypourl(m): 1:47pm On Apr 18, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

No hugging no touching ... Ooooin

Continue doing well
Re: Car Gurus, Pls Help, My Car Will Suddenly Stop And Start Again After Few Mins by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:55pm On Apr 18, 2020
larrypourl:

Continue doing well

1 Like

Re: Car Gurus, Pls Help, My Car Will Suddenly Stop And Start Again After Few Mins by hrpvl3: 10:56pm On Apr 18, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Enjoy your car
Gracias
Re: Car Gurus, Pls Help, My Car Will Suddenly Stop And Start Again After Few Mins by JAYUK(m): 5:14pm On Apr 19, 2020
Big boss Gazzuz have been saving us,thanks alot for the support both online and offline.
You are a blessing to all.

2 Likes

Re: Car Gurus, Pls Help, My Car Will Suddenly Stop And Start Again After Few Mins by hrpvl3: 6:38pm On Apr 19, 2020
JAYUK:
Big boss Gazzuz have been saving us,thanks alot for the support both online and offline.
You are a blessing to all.

I tell you
Re: Car Gurus, Pls Help, My Car Will Suddenly Stop And Start Again After Few Mins by williams20(m): 1:02pm On Apr 20, 2020
Gazzuzz has been a life saver for many years , he is so knowledgeable and apt , his remote diagnosis has never failed , I'm yet to meet him in person him but he has helped me a lot . God bless him

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Bmw 320d 2007 Vs Bmw 330i 2007 - Review And Advice Needed / Identify The Best And Quality Tire For Car / Breaking! Finally A Locally Made Aba Keke Surface In Town-pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.