Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,678 members, 7,801,956 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:57 AM

COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated (34339 Views)

Video Of Mass Deportation Of Dubai-Based Nigerians / Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far / Onyeama: Spent N280 Million To Evacuate Nigerians From South Africa – Air Peace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by afecgivers: 8:13am On Apr 09, 2020
This government! this government!! This government!!!
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by ZikZikZik: 8:15am On Apr 09, 2020
Pure Lies, unless of course they're the ones who have already been gunning to come back home for long enjoy don't have the resources. I have like 8 friends and family there and they all agree on one thing. Lockdown is far easier over there than over here, and Nigeria could potentially have more cases but people in Nigeria don't know how to go to hospital. So there's possibilities of still having more cases even after Nigeria lifts their lockdown
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by Nobody: 8:20am On Apr 09, 2020
200 illegal Nigerians are going back to nigeria voluntarily and some nigerians are on here mocking them, Nigeria could never never ever be better than the US or UK, more than 1 million Nigerians have already died this year alone in nigeria as a result of starvation, pneumonia, generator fumes, pollutions, malaria, typhoid and preventable road accidents. so Nigeria isn't paradise afterall. but some nigerians wouldn't know this anyway because corona virus have over shadowed all the other critical problems in nigeria

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by kantap: 8:20am On Apr 09, 2020
Promise47:
with only passport you can't Leave the country try get visa join am

I shall do that after lockdown
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by Nobody: 8:24am On Apr 09, 2020
ZikZikZik:
Pure Lies, unless of course they're the ones who have already been gunning to come back home for long enjoy don't have the resources. I have like 8 friends and family there and they all agree on one thing. Lockdown is far easier over there than over here, and Nigeria could potentially have more cases but people in Nigeria don't know how to go to hospital. So there's possibilities of still having more cases even after Nigeria lifts their lockdown
Absolutely, nigerians are better off where they are in the UK or US there are high chances of them dying of pollutions, thyphoid, generator fumes and starvations in nigeria. and like you ve said, nigerians rather go to the chemists or their pastors when they are sick rather than hospital where they have to pay huge amounts.
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by ZikZikZik: 8:24am On Apr 09, 2020
CanadaOrBust:
Let’s look at the numbers:

Lagos had her first case a week b4 NYC and her first death a week after NYC. Both have high population density. YET, just yesterday alone 779 people died in NY while the entire Nig has less than 10 deaths total.

If we can figure out WHY, we would have solved the riddle of this virus. SOMETHING saved us. The question is WHAT?
Nothing dey save Nigeria anything. You think all these cases they're claiming to be cured are truly cured for real? You think they total number of cases that will be recorded are actually the total number of people with the virus in this country? 40% will have this virus but will still stay at home thinking it's something else. That's the reason why it spread so fast in NY & NJ. I had someone who started complaining about shortness of breath about two months ago even before the virus went all popular in the media. They were already 100s of people with the virus before lockdown was called on in the states. Let's hope that as we are truly thinking Nigeria government is handling this thing so well, let be it just that. 25% of people with the virus can go a while without showing symptoms. Nigeria's isolation is period is 14days while the US is 21days. That's why we have people testing positive today and then negative tomorrow. I spoke with someone in the Illinois last night, she knew she already had the symptoms of the virus but didn't just want to confirm that she did, until yesterday when she went to the ER. People can survive with the virus thinking its just flu or one thing or the other. That's why I'm personally calling for the extension of this lockdown in Nigeria
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by Ishitinyourlife: 8:25am On Apr 09, 2020
easyfem:
here i am , aint go nowhere .........Bleep nigeria , Bleep fg and Bleep everybody
Aiiit nobody want you here fools,keep dying in your thousands in a white man's country why we keep kicking covid ass like a boss here,aiiint nothing worse than dying a 3rd class citizen in another man's country.
The Joke is on you.
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by GeneralPula: 8:29am On Apr 09, 2020
yemiosinbajo:

The answer is age. This virus kills two types of people the most: old and those with underlying health issues. Others may get the virus, but they are significantly less likely to die from it. How many old people are in Nigeria, a country where the youth form 35% of the population is the lifespan is not up to 50. This is why you have less deaths there. In the US, several people are hundred years old and above. How many are over 80 in Nigeria? Also, as you age, there is a bigger chance of having health issues, hence a lot of old people in the US have underlying health issues, so serious that if Nigerians had such health issues they would have died long ago. So many people here have been on the waitlist for a kidney transplant for more than 10 years, surviving on dialysis, something the average Nigerian cannot afford. So many have diabetes, asthma, etc. They are surviving because of the very good health care system here, and many of them live really old with these ailments. In Nigeria, you don't see a lot of people with those ailments because they already died. Now with covid-19, more people are likely to die in the US because they fall in this category of old and underlying health issues. In Nigeria, less people are likely to die because there are not many old people, and many have no serious underlying health issues. You get it now?

Or many people are just naturally strong bro.. I think our Genetic composition is the genesis. In the Us, even a 35 year old Age is already having life health issues..
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by Nobody: 8:31am On Apr 09, 2020
Ishitinyourlife:

Aiiit nobody want you here fools,keep dying in your thousands in a white man's country why we keep kicking covid ass like a boss here,aiiint nothing worse than dying a 3rd class citizen in another man's country.
The Joke is on you.
nearly 1million nigerians died last year alone in nigeria as a result of pneumonia, malaria, starvations, thyphoid, generator fumes, pollutions and preventable road accidents, but you are too ignorant to know that, Nigeria could never ever ever ever be better than the US, keep deceiving yourself.
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by luminouz(m): 8:34am On Apr 09, 2020
gypsey:
more than 1million nigerians have died this year alone in nigeria as a result of pneumonia, malaria, starvations, thyphoid, generator fumes, pollutions and preventable road accidents, but you are too ignorant to know that, Nigeria could never ever ever ever be better than the US, keep deceiving yourself.

We are in April and over 1M Nigerians have died? undecided

You have statistical proof for that statement?

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by ZikZikZik: 8:35am On Apr 09, 2020
gypsey:
Absolutely, nigerians are better off where they are in the UK or US there are high chances of them dying of pollutions, thyphoid, generator fumes and starvations in nigeria. and like you ve said, nigerians rather go to the chemists or their pastors when they are sick rather than hospital where they have to pay huge amounts.
Exactly. They're chances that many people who have this virus will not be found or even known until it seems like everything is under control and then it gets worse. After testing Negative in the US, you are not allowed to go out for the next 21days, but here in Nigeria, they're discharging and discharging on one test that shows negative.
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by Nobody: 8:39am On Apr 09, 2020
GeneralPula:

Or many people are just naturally strong bro.. I think our Genetic composition is the genesis. In the Us, even a 35 year old Age is already having life health issues..
There is no such thing as naturally strong, how do even know who is naturally strong? anyone can get sick and die, even without corona, when did you last go for a health check up to know if you are healthy?
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by Nobody: 8:41am On Apr 09, 2020
luminouz:

We are in April and over 1M Nigerians have died? undecided

You have statistical proof for that statement?
i am not surprised you are baffled, that is because this things are not reported in the news in nigeria, corona virus overshadowed all other critical issues. Isn't that the problem? Nigerians do not have a database, how do you track 250 million Nigerians. how many accident deaths was registered last 2 months? how many nigerians did boko haram kill last 2 months? not to talk about other unregistered deaths
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by Ishitinyourlife: 8:46am On Apr 09, 2020
gypsey:
more than 1million nigerians have died this year alone in nigeria as a result of pneumonia, malaria, starvations, thyphoid, generator fumes, pollutions and preventable road accidents, but you are too ignorant to know that, Nigeria could never ever ever ever be better than the US, keep deceiving yourself.
Fool,more than 10,000 people die in the USA daily, more than
730,000 people die yearly from heart diseases.
600,000-cancer
170,000-Unintended injuries
160,000-respiratory disease
163,000-stroke
121,000-alzheimers
84,000-diabetes
50,000-kidney disease
47,000-suicide
Gun related death- is uncountable.

You see why I said you're a fool
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by Nobody: 8:49am On Apr 09, 2020
Ishitinyourlife:

Fool,more than 10,000 people die in the USA daily, more than
730,000 people die yearly from heart diseases.
600,000-cancer
170,000-Unintended injuries
160,000-respiratory disease
163,000-stroke
121,000-alzheimers
84,000-diabetes
50,000-kidney disease
47,000-suicide
Gun related death sun out able.

You see why I said you're a fool
Yes, you are right, so it makes no different where anyone are, people can die in any country that was my point. i wasn't sure why some people are mocking few nigerians going back to nigeria from the US, Nigeria is their country anyway.
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by Oreofe20: 8:51am On Apr 09, 2020
They should tell us that der family still plenty der wey wan come back
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by Ishitinyourlife: 8:51am On Apr 09, 2020
gypsey:
i am not surprised you are baffled, that is because this things are not reported in the news in nigeria, corona virus overshaowed all other critical issues. Isn't that the problem? Nigerian do not have a database, how do you track 250 million Nigerians. how many accident deaths was registered last 2 months? how many nigerians did boko haram kill last 2 months? not to talk about other unregistered deaths
Book haram has not registered up to 1000 deaths throughout this year, so that your 1m is a big hogwash. Nigeria doesn't even record up to 1m yearly.
The USA records more death than us every year and that's a fact pusseyz like you won't know cos you're just a asslicking 2nd class immigrant.
They're recording 1500 deaths daily from covid alone,so it sucks to be them right now,the real Americans know this and I hope things get better very soon for them,but as for you 3rd class citizen,your journey just start.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by zionmde: 8:52am On Apr 09, 2020
Bambambiglo:

Jealousy! Who stopped you from leaving the country before
am not jealous of anyone ooo. We don't have a sure system that those of dem dat have d virus don't spread it. We are here praying this thing don't spread because we don't have any capacity to contain it. Jealousy can go to hrllt
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by Nobody: 8:56am On Apr 09, 2020
Ishitinyourlife:

Book haram has not registered up to 1000 deaths throughout this year, so that your 1m is a big hogwash. Nigeria doesn't even record up to 1m yearly.
The USA records more death than us every year and that's a fact pusseyz like you won't know cos you're just a asslicking 2nd class immigrant.
They're recording 1500 deaths daily from covid alone,so it sucks to be them right now,the real Americans know this and I hope things get better very soon for them,but as for you 3rd class citizen,your journey just start.
It is always dificult trying to reason with hyper psychotic people like you, so i am going to pass.

have a pleasant day grin
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by Miracle1991: 8:58am On Apr 09, 2020
saajus:
We are not even hearing any update about our great friend, Allen Onyema. Did the charges just die like that? So, my Eastern Brothers may be right that FG has hands in that initial gra gra victimization.
See na, our action brother Allen would have helped again.
you are not current. Who brought the medical equipment that federal government bought from Turkey? As I speak now air peace is in China to convey some medical equipment bought by the federal government.
Always ask questions before coming to a public forum.thank me later
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by GeneralPula: 8:59am On Apr 09, 2020
gypsey:
There is no such thing as naturally strong, how do even know who is naturally strong? anyone can get sick and die, even without corona, when did you last go for a health check up to know if you are healthy?

I was at the Doc last year Nov. If not for this virus, would have gone again this Feb or march.
If there's no such thing as natural/genetically strong, how come we have people that are genetically brilliant?

Apart from we Human having 2 Nose, eyes, Legs Hands and stuff... The rest thing about human are different. Nothing like all Human are same..
Some people can survive without eating/drinking for 2 days. Some people can't stay for 5 hours without food/water..

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by teepain: 9:02am On Apr 09, 2020
Btruth:
still pondering on this too. Could it be our weather?

It is really hard to tell.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by Ishitinyourlife: 9:06am On Apr 09, 2020
gypsey:
It is always dificult trying to reason with hyper psychotic people like you, so i am going to pass.

have a pleasant day grin

Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by seangy4konji: 9:06am On Apr 09, 2020
Make dem stay there oooo
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by 77up(m): 9:06am On Apr 09, 2020
easyfem:
here i am , aint go nowhere .........Bleep nigeria , Bleep fg and Bleep everybody
Bleep you and your existence,morafvcker undecided
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by Nobody: 9:07am On Apr 09, 2020
GeneralPula:

I was at the Doc last year Nov. If not for this virus, would have gone again this Feb or march.
If there's no such thing as natural/genetically strong, how come we have people that are genetically brilliant?

Apart from we Human having 2 Nose, eyes, Legs Hands and stuff... The rest thing about human are different. Nothing like all Human are same..
Some people can survive without eating/drinking for 2 days. Some people can't stay for 5 hours without food/water..
Are you saying healthy or natutally strong (as you call them) people can not get ill suddenly and die? if you are how exactly do you identify these people as i ve aready asked, as for been a doctor, doctors do make mistakes perhaps not %80 of the times.

And oh! my most respects and thanks goes to doctors and nurses in this time of corona they are saints, working tirelessly to save people's lives. may their knowledges never run out.
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by Nobody: 9:08am On Apr 09, 2020
[quote author=Ishitinyourlife post=88248279][/quote] anything else? sad. I have my own bipolar demons to deal with i have no time for your derogatory remarks.
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by Ishitinyourlife: 9:11am On Apr 09, 2020
gypsey:
anything else? sad
Even to quote well you no gree,Americana.
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by Nobody: 9:32am On Apr 09, 2020
Ishitinyourlife:

Even to quote well you no gree,Americana.
point of correction, i am a british rather, You know? if you don't find it uncomfortable making derogatory remarks about people you have never met and insulting them on here, then your state of mind needs questioning. as i ve said, you appear hyper psychotic go join the army and shoot people, it might help you therapeutically

I have my own bipolar demons to deal with, Ciao! once again grin

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by gtrust: 9:44am On Apr 09, 2020
BCG vaccination as children for prevention against Tuberculosis

CanadaOrBust:
Let’s look at the numbers:

Lagos had her first case a week b4 NYC and her first death a week after NYC. Both have high population density. YET, just yesterday alone 779 people died in NY while the entire Nig has less than 10 deaths total.

If we can figure out WHY, we would have solved the riddle of this virus. SOMETHING saved us. The question is WHAT?
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by Powerintoxicate: 9:46am On Apr 09, 2020
yemiosinbajo:

The answer is age. This virus kills two types of people the most: old and those with underlying health issues. Others may get the virus, but they are significantly less likely to die from it. How many old people are in Nigeria, a country where the youth form 35% of the population is the lifespan is not up to 50. This is why you have less deaths there. In the US, several people are hundred years old and above. How many are over 80 in Nigeria? Also, as you age, there is a bigger chance of having health issues, hence a lot of old people in the US have underlying health issues, so serious that if Nigerians had such health issues they would have died long ago. So many people here have been on the waitlist for a kidney transplant for more than 10 years, surviving on dialysis, something the average Nigerian cannot afford. So many have diabetes, asthma, etc. They are surviving because of the very good health care system here, and many of them live really old with these ailments. In Nigeria, you don't see a lot of people with those ailments because they already died. Now with covid-19, more people are likely to die in the US because they fall in this category of old and underlying health issues. In Nigeria, less people are likely to die because there are not many old people, and many have no serious underlying health issues. You get it now?
there are so many old people in the villages round the country
Re: COVID-19: Onyeama Says 200 US-based Nigerians Are Willing To Be Evacuated by Nobody: 9:55am On Apr 09, 2020
einsteine:

Elitist behavior by the haves in Nigeria has so far helped slow the spread. We still don't have victims anong the totally poor
Class consciousness...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Young Civilian Directs Traffic For Hours...(photos) / Real Reason Nigerians Can’t Get Passports Without Tears / Beauty Of Nature: My Trip To Olumirin Waterfall(Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.