Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,646 members, 7,801,883 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:37 AM

Super Eagles Coach, Berti Vogts, Has Terminated His Contract With Nigeria - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Coach, Berti Vogts, Has Terminated His Contract With Nigeria (5184 Views)

Nigerians React To Sunday Oliseh Resigning As Super Eagles Coach. See Photos / This Is How The Next Super Eagles Team Should Be / Adidas Terminates Contract With NFF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Super Eagles Coach, Berti Vogts, Has Terminated His Contract With Nigeria by OluAbuja(m): 10:33am On Jun 06, 2007
"Super Eagles coach, Berti Vogts, has terminated his contract with Nigeria after the Nigerian FA defaulted on key areas of the contract agreed with the German last February.

Vogts lawyers, the firm of Brehms and V. Moers of Germany, have already written to the NFA since May 25, informing them of the development and requesting that the NFA either pay up Berti's compensation - which, as KICK OFF disclosed exclusively in March, could be in the region of around $1.2 million - or renegotiate new contract terms.

Wary about the poor reputation of the NFA, Berti's lawyers had drawn up a water-tight contract containing get-out clauses to ensure his protection from the NFA's now notorious inefficiency."

Read the ull story here http://sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/sportsonthehour/2007/june/06/sportsbreak06-06-2007-001.htm

I have always said it that foreign coaches are not good for Nigeria.

He lost the game against Uganda and then resigned. What a shame.
Re: Super Eagles Coach, Berti Vogts, Has Terminated His Contract With Nigeria by otokx(m): 10:40am On Jun 06, 2007
I don't know why our NFA keep embarrassing us; they should have left eguaveon or siasia to continue handling the team.
Re: Super Eagles Coach, Berti Vogts, Has Terminated His Contract With Nigeria by Nobody: 10:48am On Jun 06, 2007
I dont blame Vogts at all. The NFA Officails re very greedy and lazy. Why cant they be innovative and get funds which they should manage well and account for? They Owe our local coaches almost 2 years salary and they expect them to perform. They re so corrupt its almost chocking. We dont expect this foreiner to know our "Manage Manage culture". Imagine they did not Pay his hotel bill when they went to play the match
Re: Super Eagles Coach, Berti Vogts, Has Terminated His Contract With Nigeria by OluAbuja(m): 11:05am On Jun 06, 2007
Otoks, you got my gist jare.

Don't be surprised that some of the officials made some cool
dollars in bringing Vogts to Nigeria.

Now the wind has blown and we have seen their bumbum.

EFCC should step in and look into the financial agreement with Vogts.
How could we have agreed to over $1million when the local coaches are
not even paid.

Ewu NFA.
Re: Super Eagles Coach, Berti Vogts, Has Terminated His Contract With Nigeria by Adurangba(f): 11:07am On Jun 06, 2007
Lies - Globacom is paying for the man - not NFA
Re: Super Eagles Coach, Berti Vogts, Has Terminated His Contract With Nigeria by OluAbuja(m): 11:17am On Jun 06, 2007
If that is the case, then double Ewu to Globacom for supporting
NFA to pay Vogts that money.
Re: Super Eagles Coach, Berti Vogts, Has Terminated His Contract With Nigeria by agbola(m): 11:37am On Jun 06, 2007
there we go again we keep blamin the coaches and the players when the real devils are the NFA read the article for urself, i can't blame him i wud have done the same thing, he is even very patient can u do dat kind of thing to a mourinho, lippi or ferguson dat are the 'world class foriegn coaches' nigerians feeel we need

Ribadu shud drag Sani Lulu 2 EFCC to explain what happened to the 25% tax which is $37500 or N5.25million they collected from the poor man,
imagine NFA chairman sef dey do 419

@ Adura_ngba
guess u didn't read the article, NFA wud forward a request to Globacom who will then pay up Vogt's account, the process takes ten days to process and shud have been sent since MAy 11, so they are very much responsible for the confusion
Re: Super Eagles Coach, Berti Vogts, Has Terminated His Contract With Nigeria by Nobody: 11:39am On Jun 06, 2007
I'm not surprised at that development. I'd been waiting to hear that news because NFA is divided, and a house that is divided against itself, CANNOT STAND.

NFA needs restructuring and Divine Purging from all those corrupt officials whose desire are in their belly and not on the growth of the Nigerian Football. I think those officials should be terminated too.

It's a pity that the Nigerian Football is rapidly degrading and losing focus. Imagine Uganda winning N I G E R I A. aah, a ti ji ya gan o.( we don suffer  sad).

Berti Vogts is not the problem, whether he stays or not, but the NFA itself.
Re: Super Eagles Coach, Berti Vogts, Has Terminated His Contract With Nigeria by Akolawole(m): 12:12pm On Jun 06, 2007
Why is the loss attributed to NFA? Why?

Is Vogts our best man?

How did they get him?

How much did he(Vogts) put in Brown envelope before they employ him in London?
Re: Super Eagles Coach, Berti Vogts, Has Terminated His Contract With Nigeria by Seun(m): 12:17pm On Jun 06, 2007
Re: Super Eagles Coach, Berti Vogts, Has Terminated His Contract With Nigeria by DCorleone: 1:12pm On Jun 06, 2007
How can you imply that he resigned because of the game he lost to Uganda. The players themselves were being stupid. How can you call a player up to camp and then he will decide not to be reachable by phone or anything. Who do they think they are anyway. They refuse to understand that it is a privilege to play for your country. How many people have that dream.

If the story of his resign is true, then that means he was frustrated by the behavior of the players. Someone like Obi must have been really stupid not to come. If he thinks he's so much of a prodigy, the next kid that is half as good as him will replace him for good.

Please don't act like a typical Nigerian blaming the coach. Only typical Nigerians like those FA morons do that. A manager with the caliber of Vogt should be respected for his achievements. How many Nigerian players can boast of attaining any of the glory that the players Vogt coached have attained? Tell me! When our players get a head, Nigeria will become the Eagles they once were. For now, they are no better than Saudi Arabia!!!!
Re: Super Eagles Coach, Berti Vogts, Has Terminated His Contract With Nigeria by ojuvester: 1:33pm On Jun 06, 2007
Nigerians, it is good we say the truth.The Man has no business in Nigeria, so let him go.
Re: Super Eagles Coach, Berti Vogts, Has Terminated His Contract With Nigeria by DCorleone: 2:04pm On Jun 06, 2007
He has every reason to be working for the National team, we just have a bunch of low thinkers, that's all. The only way a coach, esp. one of his caliber, can work is if there's cooperation. And that's what we lack in the national team and the NFA. If I were in his position, I'll do the same. I wonder why we Nigerians think backwards most of the time.
Re: Super Eagles Coach, Berti Vogts, Has Terminated His Contract With Nigeria by otoidea(m): 3:37pm On Jun 06, 2007
vogts is stil coach!
Re: Super Eagles Coach, Berti Vogts, Has Terminated His Contract With Nigeria by DisGuy: 3:43pm On Jun 06, 2007
Super Eagles coach, Berti Vogts, has terminated his contract with Nigeria after the Nigerian FA defaulted on key areas of the contract agreed with the German last February.

they are very good at that arent they?

Wary about the poor reputation of the NFA, Berti's lawyers had drawn up a water-tight contract containing get-out clauses to ensure his protection from the NFA's now notorious inefficiency."

jackie no dey learn grin grin
Re: Super Eagles Coach, Berti Vogts, Has Terminated His Contract With Nigeria by kaydee(m): 4:12pm On Jun 06, 2007
His resignation will be in the best interest of Nigerian soccer. Look at South Africa,they have a coach that can perform the miracle their soccer needs.I don't see the difference between Vogts and Eguaveon.Who said they should bring Eguaveon back? Honestly,we need Westerhof or Bonfere back.
Re: Super Eagles Coach, Berti Vogts, Has Terminated His Contract With Nigeria by youngies(m): 4:48pm On Jun 06, 2007
D-Corleone:

How can you imply that he resigned because of the game he lost to Uganda. The players themselves were being stupid. How can you call a player up to camp and then he will decide not to be reachable by phone or anything. Who do they think they are anyway. They refuse to understand that it is a privilege to play for your country. How many people have that dream.

You sound like a railway worker. Whereas it is a privilege to play for your country, is not also the responsibility of a careless country to take care the welfare of her players

D-Corleone:

If the story of his resign is true, then that means he was frustrated by the behavior of the players. Someone like Obi must have been really stupid not to come. If he thinks he's so much of a prodigy, the next kid that is half as good as him will replace him for good.

Yes it is true he has resigned and he was frustrated. But please don't call Obi names cos he has nothing to do with it. If you are envious of the lad then deal with it.
Re: Super Eagles Coach, Berti Vogts, Has Terminated His Contract With Nigeria by youngies(m): 4:53pm On Jun 06, 2007
The resignation of Vogts did not come as a surprise. “It came sooner than I expected. I know that it would come. I don’t take all the crap of excuses he is giving. He has discovered that he can’t handle the Nigerian team. He has no future in Nigeria. He fumbled against a common Uganda and knew that he cannot cope against other stiffer oppositions in Africa. He knew that he cant deliver and has to find a way out of the job.

A German cannot work with the bunch of FA we have in Nigeria. I knew that the marriage won’t work. How can a man who has not worked in Africa before succeed by coaching from abroad? How can a man who does not want to live in Nigeria succeed in Nigeria? It is better he goes. We need a coach like Clemens Westerhof who would go out with our women, eat our local food, drink our drink and party with us. That person has to love Nigeria and believe in Nigeria. And unfortunately, that person is not Vogts. When they signed him and I knew that the marriage won’t last,
Re: Super Eagles Coach, Berti Vogts, Has Terminated His Contract With Nigeria by manu4laif: 4:55pm On Jun 06, 2007
What we have really is Vogts side of the story.

If indeed he has resigned an impartial arbiter would have to adjudicate.

Unfortunately since the NFA has never really been upright, public(expert) opinion is stacked against it.

My views:

1)If the NFA has signed a contract it must abide by it. If in retrospect you discover you might have been shortchanged you wait for the next review or call for renegotiation.

2)The FA's penchant for corrupt practices,poor admin and ineptitude is legendary.

3)Berti Vogts must have heard an earful the past few months. Just read our papers,go to some Nigerian or non-Nigerian websites(this inclusive )and you won't touch the job with a long spoon. If you do and you have a way to get out you  seize it before the job consumes you. It appears we might have shown him the way and he has seized it.

4)Is Berti Vogts good?Maybe. Would he have succeeded. Categorical NO!Why? The FA.
Many claim Clemens Westerhoff has been the most successful coach in Nigeria in recent times. Why?Amongst others because in the absence of a good FA/NSC(it was not this bad then) he was a personal friend of Augustus Aikhomu and got everything he needed through him. That was key to his success. If we have the kind of FA we have you need to be a friend of the President to succeed. That is the plain truth.

5)Glo needs to act fast so their image is not rubbished.

6)The FA has shown again that while we might blame the boys for being unpatriotic,we can trace their behaviour right back to the FA. If Vogts after 3 months is calling it quits then the pain of the boys might be easier to understand,just maybe.

WAN UNITED cool grin
Re: Super Eagles Coach, Berti Vogts, Has Terminated His Contract With Nigeria by topeorekoy(m): 5:02pm On Jun 06, 2007
NFA HAS DENIED THAT Berti Vogts HAS TERMINATED HSI APPOINTMENT BUT HE LEFT THE COUNTRY AND WENT A.W.O.L AND WILL BE BACK IN THE COUNTRY VER SOON.
Re: Super Eagles Coach, Berti Vogts, Has Terminated His Contract With Nigeria by simmy(m): 5:28pm On Jun 06, 2007
i so totally agree with d-corleone
Re: Super Eagles Coach, Berti Vogts, Has Terminated His Contract With Nigeria by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jun 06, 2007
The fact still remains that our NFA system is porous, It'd take a defiant coach to work in such a system. imagine a situation where officials dictate the calibre of players they want on the field, while some players on their part feel too big to be coached. Headache here, frustration there, the next thing is to pack-up which he did. Coaching job is not a child's play, it demands total cooperation & support. i feel they(coaches) should be left alone to do their job, & be given some breathing spaces to perform without much distration.

Also, note that Your working environment has a way of fine-tuning your output. The South-African Football Assoc. might be alot better than ours, in terms of commitment, cooperation from their players & official. hence, u can't compare their coach with ours. The story would definitely change if peradventure this same coach finds himself in Naija, believe u me.
Re: Super Eagles Coach, Berti Vogts, Has Terminated His Contract With Nigeria by dinozzo(m): 5:52pm On Jun 06, 2007
don't have the patience to read through all the thread is he still the coach? Personally i wasn't in support of him becoming the coach, not that we don't need a world class coach but I feel Vogts dosen't fit into that class.
Re: Super Eagles Coach, Berti Vogts, Has Terminated His Contract With Nigeria by 3dhunter(m): 6:07pm On Jun 06, 2007
is it true that he does not like to live in Nigeria?
i also heard he does not like Nigerian women, is that true?

what then does he like about Nigeria, if the above holds true?
Re: Super Eagles Coach, Berti Vogts, Has Terminated His Contract With Nigeria by seun001(m): 6:57pm On Jun 06, 2007
abeg make d guy waka.i dont see any reason why he should stay cos theres no improvement since he came.
Re: Super Eagles Coach, Berti Vogts, Has Terminated His Contract With Nigeria by 9ja4eva: 6:59pm On Jun 06, 2007
I dont see why too.We have not played well since he took over.Eguaeveon record even better pass him own
Re: Super Eagles Coach, Berti Vogts, Has Terminated His Contract With Nigeria by viee(f): 7:07pm On Jun 06, 2007
even chukwu own beta pass to me
he had his full team
drew 1- 1 with Uganda (as far as i am concerned) in Naija
and lost 2-0 away

he was even sayn that the ref was bad
d man shld get a life jo!
if only he was as careful in football as he was when he was drawing his contract sad angry sad angry
Re: Super Eagles Coach, Berti Vogts, Has Terminated His Contract With Nigeria by atiku07(m): 7:14pm On Jun 06, 2007
walahi my guy i don talk am b4 those boys like eguavon pass am

and moreover eguavon dem still dey patriotic in terms of salary wahala.
all this oyibo go think say if dem shout about the issue someone will rescue them dey are just milking us dry
Re: Super Eagles Coach, Berti Vogts, Has Terminated His Contract With Nigeria by toluwalomo(m): 7:19pm On Jun 06, 2007
For the time being, he's still Nigeria's soccer coach.

Heard on Brila Fm Lagos, via a phone call put by Larry Izamoje to his PA that things are being sorted out even though they are not happy with the contractual state of things.

Gist is that he is flying on Sunday, to prepare our ego-bloated boys for their match against Niger.

Berti is still around people, at least for the time being.

Tic-toc tic toc grin
Re: Super Eagles Coach, Berti Vogts, Has Terminated His Contract With Nigeria by DoubleN(m): 7:56pm On Jun 06, 2007
What a Shame!This kind of Stuff can only happen in Nigeria.This is just to show us all the deplorable state our football is in.
Re: Super Eagles Coach, Berti Vogts, Has Terminated His Contract With Nigeria by SKU(m): 7:59pm On Jun 06, 2007
If it was a nigerian coach no one would be crying, let the guy go its his loss cool
Re: Super Eagles Coach, Berti Vogts, Has Terminated His Contract With Nigeria by warfarian(m): 8:58pm On Jun 06, 2007
Wait a min, nobody should ever! i mean ever blame the players, nor the Innocent Maga [like the nigerian NFA takes him], because nobody go fit use empty stomach take work, and the player too, when they were toiling and stressing themselves trying to make it to the top, did any NFA come to their aid, or did they get any hlep from anybody, now that they are up there, wearing the national colour some1 is complaining, no paddy for jungle, the NFA refuse to pay the players their allowance for the match they played against Kenya, why? its a shame that in a country like ours komo to pay footballes na wahala, and lots of pot bellies do emerge everyday in ever corner were the national cake is been shared, big big stomach every, no single tin peson there, all of them get belle like who swalllow pot,

abeg supers eagles make una mke yanger booo, e izy na im all the whole nation no bkom fuballas, them dey vess tall, if no be the stupid politicians wey we get, una for dey chop better money for una work, if this country decides to be paying her player every month whether them play match or not, moni go still yakpa, na wetin them sabi them go use take chop now, abi if them go find work for shell tomorow them go gree give them, haba

make una make yanger booooo

i love you guys for your good work ojare

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Deposit Funds To 1960bet Account / Little Drops Of 2+ Odds Makes A Big Winning. / National Senior Team Coaches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.