Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,449 members, 7,808,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:09 PM

My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them (66700 Views)

Man Discovered He Is Not The Father Of His Children Through Wife's Chat / My Landlord Does Not See Us As Tenants / American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by aswani(m): 9:46pm On Apr 09, 2020
Emotionss:
[color=#006600][/color]

I think the children have something the are using to blackmail their father.
Maybe he tried to sleep with one of his sons/daughters and they are using it against him.

7 pages in and someone nails it.

This man has done something unmentionable that the wife knows about and passed on to the children.

He is going to bear his cross alone till he dies.
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Emotionss: 9:51pm On Apr 09, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]
aswani:

7 pages in and someone nails it.

This man has done something unmentionable that the wife knows about and passed on to the children.

He is going to bear his cross alone till he dies.

True talk
Because that is the only imaginable reason why a father with grownups at home will be silently doing house chores without saying a word.

Baba done commit abomination that causes resolutions.
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by SweetCunt97(f): 9:54pm On Apr 09, 2020
That's very very bad. Hope dem no tie the man for bottle sha.

Very unacceptable behavior from the lazy kids.. What nonsense
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Obynolee(f): 9:55pm On Apr 09, 2020
Micky002:
There is this scenerio i usually observe with my landlord and his children which always makes me curious and also raises unanswered question within me. This prompt me to post this here.

My landlord is idoma by tribe and has six grown up children, three boys and three girls. He should be in his late fifties or early sixties. Here is the issue.

This man despite having grown up boys and girls always do his chores by himself while the children will be lazying around engaging in trivial discussions. This man will wash his clothes by himself while his girls, the youngest being twenty years of age will be chatting with friends in the compound. This man will go to fetch water with kegs using a wheel barrow every morning while the boys will sit outside doing nothing.

Meanwhile the water he fetches is used by every member of the house. This man can go up to three to four trips while the boys will be busy arguing about Manchester United and Chelsea with friends.

What baffles me the most is that they see nothing wrong in this because the man doesn't complain and his wife, their mother is also witnessing everything.

My question now is, is this an acceptable norm in their (Idoma) culture? For a father to be doing the house chores while the children will be playing. I'm asking because where I come from, it is unacceptable.

Why not ask your landlord?

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Coronavirus1: 9:57pm On Apr 09, 2020
Micky002:
There is this scenerio i usually observe with my landlord and his children which always makes me curious and also raises unanswered question within me. This prompt me to post this here.

My landlord is idoma by tribe and has six grown up children, three boys and three girls. He should be in his late fifties or early sixties. Here is the issue.

This man despite having grown up boys and girls always do his chores by himself while the children will be lazying around engaging in trivial discussions. This man will wash his clothes by himself while his girls, the youngest being twenty years of age will be chatting with friends in the compound. This man will go to fetch water with kegs using a wheel barrow every morning while the boys will sit outside doing nothing.

Meanwhile the water he fetches is used by every member of the house. This man can go up to three to four trips while the boys will be busy arguing about Manchester United and Chelsea with friends.

What baffles me the most is that they see nothing wrong in this because the man doesn't complain and his wife, their mother is also witnessing everything.

My question now is, is this an acceptable norm in their (Idoma) culture? For a father to be doing the house chores while the children will be playing. I'm asking because where I come from, it is unacceptable.
Don't worry for them their own turn is coming they will soon have their own children
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Equity15(m): 9:58pm On Apr 09, 2020
Graxie:
It's not Idoma thing, Most Idoma men are proud men, they hardly do house chores. In fact in Agatu, it's a taboo for a man to pound. Some of their men are usually lazy so this man is exceptional. It's possible he enjoys house chores while raising idiots. Go to markurdi, most of their women will be plaiting hair, selling all manner to feed okpani while he will be busy gisting. Your landlord is different but he also failed in raising sound kids.
you're from Benue? you sure know about my L.G
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Roozzaay(m): 10:02pm On Apr 09, 2020
OP, so where you come from, you ain't taught minding your business is the most noblest thing to do?
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by friday2011(m): 10:04pm On Apr 09, 2020
collitexnaira:

Did op confront the children or the man. Why asking him to mind his business because be posted in on nairaland.

People like you are the ones that will see evil and allow it to prevail. Very disgusting

I will advise you get d op's address, meet him and fight the evil together. Very sure the day the family will issue him a quit notice, you will also be there for him, the op is giving you a scenario as bad as this, and you foolishly thinks he should involve himself in such, you think say na clear eye for a man with 6 grown-up children to be fetching water and doing household chores with the knowledge of the wife/mother?

I will advise you to grow up and be wise, the op got the message I passed to him, but if you feel you know it all, contact the op and take up the confrontation, go through the tread very well, over 50% of contributors advised him to mind his business, meaning we are all foolish and you are the wise fellow... I know you sound religious but let me tell you, even the bible says 'wisdom is profitable to direct'

Go and get sense, ask for original one, this one you have is fake.
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by hensben(m): 10:06pm On Apr 09, 2020
Deepthoughts:
you thought well, it's certainly beyond the ordinary.
Maybe the man has slept with his daughters or one of them. I know a case like this and the man does everything while the children and wife look. The daughter personally told me after enough interrogation because she doesn’t call her dad, that her father molested her when she was young and in turn he is suffering from that action till date. They are now used to him doing house chores including providing for the family. The man is now a slave in his own house, he is a slave to his wife. If you see the man you will shake your head, he is dying of stress while the wife and daughter glow.
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by NaijadrivaCars: 10:06pm On Apr 09, 2020
Onyekachi419:
I don't think the man is mentally ok
Onyi

Lagos, ogun and Abuja state will be on total lock down by 11 a.m effectively on Monday according to president mohammed buhari.
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by armadeo(m): 10:06pm On Apr 09, 2020
NobleAngell:
That kind of upbringing is the reason for the violence these days. Lack of empathy. Everyone is just so cold. How can I sit and watch my dad fetching water while I'm there?
I kuku know the parents I have. If I say I don't have sense, they will install it for me. Just one slap from my mom and I'm restored back to factory settings.

No need.

There are non verbal cues you pick on subconsciously that tour body begins to move to protect itself even if your mind isnt there.

I cannot even imagine it. My father or mother sweeping house and I am standing there. Not possible.

Even when I visit and any of them comes back I still go and carry whatever they brought home.

Those ones na born throwey or the mother has locked the man in a bottle.

Meanwhile they need this

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by juniorstar(m): 10:06pm On Apr 09, 2020
fredopareto:
It might b doin it to keep fit..my thought.
exactly...my dad did sometin similar and at old age he was very agile. we the children always complain but he said he is still strong.
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Worksunlimited: 10:07pm On Apr 09, 2020
Bluehill1051:
Why don't you help him sometimes?
In my own opinion, you're worse than those children. It is your type that will rather take photos of a dying person than actually saving them.

Why should he?

After helping the landlord by paying rent on-time, you still want to bundle him with extraneous matters.

Na wa for you o.
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by LesbianBoy(m): 10:13pm On Apr 09, 2020
Fortissimo502:
Mind your business.

Let me look for trouble small....

I like this response! Why do i feel you didn't type this with all seriousness. cheesy Meanwhile your response reminds me of a thread about married ladies sitting down and not doing chores while their husbands did the chores. So many people said the person that started that thread and his likes that were against such ladies should "mind their business and let people live the way that works for them"......The thing vex me small sha. angry And now i want to do my own back. Although not EXACT same scenario o. tongue

So the OP and all those that find the man and his children story strange too should "mind their business and let people live the way that works for them" grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Deepthoughts: 10:14pm On Apr 09, 2020
hensben:
Maybe the man has slept with his daughters or one of them. I know a case like this and the man does everything while the children and wife look. The daughter personally told me after enough interrogation because she doesn’t call her dad, that her father molested her when she was young and in turn he is suffering from that action till date. They are now used to him doing house chores including providing for the family. The man is now a slave in his own house, he is a slave to his wife. If you see the man you will shake your head, he is dying of stress while the wife and daughter glow.
I have come to understand that in life, there's always a reason for every situation no matter how weird, it's only that the reason may not be know immediately or by everyone.

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by hensben(m): 10:15pm On Apr 09, 2020
Egypt209:
Do what i do sometimes ago.
Toast one of the daughter and start sleeping with her.
She'll clear your curiosity by leaking all the family secrets to you, since staying there don tire you.
Thats what I did with one lady then. She told me her father molested her when she was teen and he is suffering from it. Truly the man is suffering and can not talk. The wife is in charge, the man is a slave to her. He works like elephant, he look extremely stressed.
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by hensben(m): 10:16pm On Apr 09, 2020
Deepthoughts:
I have come to understand that in life, there's always a reason for every situation no matter how weird, it's only that the reason may not be know immediately or by everyone.
You are right. Life is deep but most times we looking from outside don’t really know what’s going on so we keep on guessing until....
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Akinh: 10:19pm On Apr 09, 2020
Micky002:

the man no complain ,or did he come to meet you for help...na u re using paracetamol for another person headache...Kai the govt isn't all our problem...the major problem are those who kind mind their own biz...bcs if they evict now u will still come here to rant ..
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by deavicky(m): 10:19pm On Apr 09, 2020
Micky002:

because I'm from that axis I know a little about the Idomas an average Idoma man is an "Italian"(meaning he no send) he can not do what his wife should do let alone doing that of his children. I put it to u that that particular man is under the influence of something.

3 Likes

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by lookingfly: 10:21pm On Apr 09, 2020
Train up your child in the way he should grow so that when he's old, he will not depart from it!!!
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Veebliz(m): 10:27pm On Apr 09, 2020
Micky002:

I'm Idoma and we don't do this, it's wrong. There's more to this than meets the eye.
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Nobody: 10:32pm On Apr 09, 2020
jazzed man, the wife put am for bottle.

I pity any one who marries the children.

another possibility is that the woman there is their step mother, he must have divorced their real mother.

guilty conscience or a curse could make him do that.
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by sirxbit(m): 10:35pm On Apr 09, 2020
Bluehill1051:
In my own opinion, you're worse than those children. It is your type that will rather take photos of a dying person than actually saving them.
You well so?
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by pafo(m): 10:35pm On Apr 09, 2020
Ask the mother. She knows way more than she lets on.
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by engrgd(m): 10:36pm On Apr 09, 2020
NobleAngell:
That kind of upbringing is the reason for the violence these days. Lack of empathy. Everyone is just so cold. How can I sit and watch my dad fetching water while I'm there?
I kuku know the parents I have. If I say I don't have sense, they will install it for me. Just one slap from my mom and I'm restored back to factory settings.

Girl I love you - My own factory settings will go back to previous version. Smiles & Laughs
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by VicM6: 10:43pm On Apr 09, 2020
Bluehill1051:
ur post sucks.... Tell me, is he related to d landlord?... and why don't u ask of his acct num nd mk transfer to his bank so he could help d landlord.... it's ur type that goes abt posting rubbish...... smh

3 Likes

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by NobleAngell(f): 10:48pm On Apr 09, 2020
armadeo:

No need.

There are non verbal cues you pick on subconsciously that tour body begins to move to protect itself even if your mind isnt there.

I cannot even imagine it. My father or mother sweeping house and I am standing there. Not possible.

Even when I visit and any of them comes back I still go and carry whatever they brought home.

Those ones na born throwey or the mother has locked the man in a bottle.

Meanwhile they need this
you must be an educationist. Are you?
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by collitexnaira(m): 10:49pm On Apr 09, 2020
friday2011:

I will advise you get d op's address, meet him and fight the evil together. Very sure the day the family will issue him a quit notice, you will also be there for him, the op is giving you a scenario as bad as this, and you foolishly thinks he should involve himself in such, you think say na clear eye for a man with 6 grown-up children to be fetching water and doing household chores with the knowledge of the wife/mother?

I will advise you to grow up and be wise, the op got the message I passed to him, but if you feel you know it all, contact the op and take up the confrontation, go through the tread very well, over 50% of contributors advised him to mind his business, meaning we are all foolish and you are the wise fellow... I know you sound religious but let me tell you, even the bible says 'wisdom is profitable to them that use it wisely'

I still maintained that people like you will look away while your neighbor's house is on fire.

If everyone see evil and mind their business like you, who then who help you when you are in trouble
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by veave(f): 10:51pm On Apr 09, 2020
merahki:

You gave two great ideas (1 and 2), one fair and maybe dicey one (3) and upvoted your worst one (4)why?
My point is that I love your first two suggestions and hope the poster does any or both of them.
I strongly advise that he disregards your fourth one cheesy.
Bad things happen when good people refuse to act.
Cheers

Don't blame me dear, we've seen cases where people with good intentions were tagged poke nosers
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Nobody: 10:59pm On Apr 09, 2020
Acidosis:

Men like that are the problems of this country.
How please?
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by bukatyne2: 11:01pm On Apr 09, 2020
NobleAngell:

grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl / The Menace Of Snakes In The Toilet Bowl: It's Scary / Man Grabs Nude Wife's Boobs In Maternity Photoshoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.