Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,944 members, 7,806,732 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

Nigerians In SOUTH KOREA- What Is The Condition And Hustle Over There. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In SOUTH KOREA- What Is The Condition And Hustle Over There. (18166 Views)

Why Don't You Want To Jappa Despite The Condition Of Things?? / Nigerian Man Shares Touching Story Of His Journey And Hustle In The UAE. / Which Country Is Easy And Cheap For A Person To Go And Hustle? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In SOUTH KOREA- What Is The Condition And Hustle Over There. by Nobody: 7:55pm On Apr 13, 2020
sassysure:

Media tells a lot about a country and in some cases, media is used to hide the bad breath of most countries.
If South Korean media can't accept Sam,a cool jovial man by the way, I wonder who they will accept.
South Koreans are very toxic. More toxic than north Korea. I know a lot about that country than my country naija cheesy
A Chinese with his twisted mindset can easily accept you than a south Korean.
When education don't work.
The Nigerian guy that featured in kbs hello counsellor programme was among the most handsome guy I have ever set my eyes on and that guy don't look hungry
If u look at him, u will see quality oozing and the course he is studying as masters is something like molecular engineering. The truth is an average Korean battles with inferiority complex always. The reason they are the suicide capital of the world. They always assume that u are there to take away what belong to them
Cost of living is very expensive in Seoul where almost everybody migrated to trying to compete over the lucrative jobs around and u want to come and outshine them. A black monkey for that matter grin
Leave Korea and their wahala.
I still love the country and will love to holiday there in the future.
I love their culture.so unique.
First off, South Korea is not the suicidal capital of the world.
Did a south Korean ever hurt you? You kinda sound bitter like someone from a particular tribe in Nigeria.
grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians In SOUTH KOREA- What Is The Condition And Hustle Over There. by Nobody: 8:03pm On Apr 13, 2020
NockMedia:

First off, South Korea is not the suicidal capital of the world.
Did a south Korean ever hurt you? You kinda sound bitter like someone from a particular tribe in Nigeria.
grin grin grin
Bye bye.
I thought I was discussing with analytical mind.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians In SOUTH KOREA- What Is The Condition And Hustle Over There. by Nobody: 8:05pm On Apr 13, 2020
sassysure:

Bye bye.
I thought I was discussing with analytical mind.
Banter mate. Like I always say, always read my comments or replies with humour. Chill.
wink

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In SOUTH KOREA- What Is The Condition And Hustle Over There. by Nobody: 8:06pm On Apr 13, 2020
dunk2011:

I do have a female nigeria friend currently struck in korea without no paper ..she came as a student but has refused to go back to Nigeria. she works at the factory and does babysit for an african family making about 2k a month. but the issue is that she is frustrated without papers ..having to invade immigration...but not ready to come back to Nigeria. she used to cook and keep.me company back then and I have offered to help her in Nigeria ... korea is not easy with paper... but u will enjoy yourself.

Bro if she could have done something wrong that makes her not to go for renewal of her papers if she has gone there legally through study visa and maybe after studies and she decided to stay while can’t she go and renew or extend her stay. We re the cause of our problem
Re: Nigerians In SOUTH KOREA- What Is The Condition And Hustle Over There. by Nobody: 12:53am On Apr 14, 2020
dunk2011:

I do have a female nigeria friend currently struck in korea without no paper ..she came as a student but has refused to go back to Nigeria. she works at the factory and does babysit for an african family making about 2k a month. but the issue is that she is frustrated without papers ..having to invade immigration...but not ready to come back to Nigeria. she used to cook and keep.me company back then and I have offered to help her in Nigeria ... korea is not easy with paper... but u will enjoy yourself.
This is why they start making visa requirements stricter for Nigerians and making us scapegoats. They have data on nationalities that overstay their study,work or visitor visa.
And that is how they decide which countries will be visa free and which countries citizens need stricter requirements to enter the country.
Re: Nigerians In SOUTH KOREA- What Is The Condition And Hustle Over There. by dunk2011: 2:11am On Apr 14, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

This is why they start making visa requirements stricter for Nigerians and making us scapegoats. They have data on nationalities that overstay their study,work or visitor visa.
And that is how they decide which countries will be visa free and which countries citizens need stricter requirements to enter the country.

Definitely..but at the same time you cant blame someone wan no get future for that country. I don't blame her for refusing to return..Haba she is a female in her late 40s.. if she come back now ..who go marry am or hire her ....9ja no be for poor person oo
Re: Nigerians In SOUTH KOREA- What Is The Condition And Hustle Over There. by Biingoo: 3:59am On Apr 14, 2020
Okuda:

you dont havegoogle anymore? stop being ignorant
That's was rude
Re: Nigerians In SOUTH KOREA- What Is The Condition And Hustle Over There. by Nobody: 4:34am On Apr 14, 2020
dunk2011:

Definitely..but at the same time you cant blame someone wan no get future for that country. I don't blame her for refusing to return..Haba she is a female in her late 40s.. if she come back now ..who go marry am or hire her ....9ja no be for poor person oo
She has no future in South Korea either.
Living illegally makes you a prisoner due to the following reason:
-Unable to acquire health card
-Acquire property and access bank loans
- Not eligble to receive old age pension
- Unable to renew drivers licence
- Unable to get a white collar job.
- Unable to leave the country and re-enter

What then is the point of wasting your life away in a foreign land of you don't derive the above benefits?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In SOUTH KOREA- What Is The Condition And Hustle Over There. by Nairalandmonika: 2:48pm On Apr 14, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

It is hard to get permanent residency in Netherlands after you graduate. They only give you a year to find employment and get a company to apply for your permanence residence and when it come comes to jobs they first look after: Dutch applicants,applicants from the European Union and then international applicants.

However, tuition and cost of living in Netherlands is cheaper than UK,Canada,Australia if you go to a University outside Den Haag or Amsterdam or Rotterdam, the three largest cities in the country.

Netherlands is one of the greatest human civilizations ever built and you will enjoy your time there. They can be racist though, I experienced it twice when I was there,when I was minding my business and they randomly started calling me the "N word and monkey". I was living in a small town with few black people, I don't think this applies in big cities, where there is a large black population.
Is there any other way of applying to Netherland apart from student visa?
Re: Nigerians In SOUTH KOREA- What Is The Condition And Hustle Over There. by Nobody: 3:52pm On Apr 14, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

Is there any other way of applying to Netherland apart from student visa?
If you live in the country for 5 years under a work permit you can apply for a permanent residence. Getting a work permit is difficult, a Dutch company has to sponsor you.

There were many Nigerians that got their permanent residence through asylum ,however, I think they are closing that loophole. The "I am fleeing Boko Haram","Political persecution" and "I am gay" is no longer working.

And finally if you can find a Dutch citizen to marry you will get permanent residence.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In SOUTH KOREA- What Is The Condition And Hustle Over There. by Nairalandmonika: 4:10pm On Apr 14, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

If you live in the country for 5 years under a work permit you can apply for a permanent residence. Getting a work permit is difficult, a Dutch company has to sponsor you.

There were many Nigerians that got their permanent residence through asylum ,however, I think they are closing that loophole. The "I am fleeing Boko Haram""Political persecution" "I am gay" is no longer working.

And finally if you can find a Dutch citizen to marry you will get permanent residence.
Ok thank u very much
Re: Nigerians In SOUTH KOREA- What Is The Condition And Hustle Over There. by babakb: 6:47pm On Apr 14, 2020
I always wonder when people talk about racism, a country will allow you to come in, study, work and in some cases acquire PR and you bother yourself that someone insults your black skin.

Real racism is happening in Nigeria, where killers storm villages and kill hundreds of people in a day across Zamfara, Katsina, Benue, Borno etc

Real racism is when Igbos, Yorubas and Hausas abuse each other online.

Real racism is all the post election violence.

In my opinion there is no racism overseas, we are just finding faults where it doesn't exist.

If you like call me monkey or niggga I don't Care as long as I'm making my dollars, just be there legally.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians In SOUTH KOREA- What Is The Condition And Hustle Over There. by gentilityndu: 11:54pm On Apr 14, 2020
babakb:
I always wonder when people talk about racism, a country will allow you to come in, study, work and in some cases acquire PR and you bother yourself that someone insults your black skin.

Real racism is happening in Nigeria, where killers storm villages and kill hundreds of people in a day across Zamfara, Katsina, Benue, Borno etc

Real racism is when Igbos, Yorubas and Hausas abuse each other online.

Real racism is all the post election violence.

In my opinion there is no racism overseas, we are just finding faults where it doesn't exist.

If you like call me monkey or niggga I don't Care as long as I'm making my dollars, just be there legally.
Bro, you’re making sense, Nigeria is the most difficult country to stay.. a country that doesn’t care about dia citizens. No matter how bad d country I reside treats me, it’s better of than Nigeria. At least for d seek of my future kids.... if u know u know

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians In SOUTH KOREA- What Is The Condition And Hustle Over There. by Nobody: 1:14am On Apr 15, 2020
gentilityndu:
Bro, you’re making sense, Nigeria is the most difficult country to stay.. a country that doesn’t care about dia citizens. No matter how bad d country I reside treats me, it’s better of than Nigeria. At least for d seek of my future kids.... if u know u know
Nigeria is hell on earth if you're not rich. So quite understandable why people risk their lives through the Sahara Dessert and Mediterranean Sea to get to Europe and live like slaves illegally.
Re: Nigerians In SOUTH KOREA- What Is The Condition And Hustle Over There. by chukxie(m): 4:48am On Apr 15, 2020
sassysure:

Media tells a lot about a country and in some cases, media is used to hide the bad breath of most countries.
If South Korean media can't accept Sam,a cool jovial man by the way, I wonder who they will accept.
South Koreans are very toxic. More toxic than north Korea. I know a lot about that country than my country naija cheesy
A Chinese with his twisted mindset can easily accept you than a south Korean.
When education don't work.
The Nigerian guy that featured in kbs hello counsellor programme was among the most handsome guy I have ever set my eyes on and that guy don't look hungry
If u look at him, u will see quality oozing and the course he is studying as masters is something like molecular engineering. The truth is an average Korean battles with inferiority complex always. The reason they are the suicide capital of the world. They always assume that u are there to take away what belong to them
Cost of living is very expensive in Seoul where almost everybody migrated to trying to compete over the lucrative jobs around and u want to come and outshine them. A black monkey for that matter grin
Leave Korea and their wahala.
I still love the country and will love to holiday there in the future.
I love their culture.so unique.

You seemed to know Korea. I lived there some years ago. Lived in Yongsan-gu, Iteawon-Dong2Ga near Noksanpeong subway exit. Are Koreans racists toward blacks? Some of them are like there are in every non black country. The racism in South Korea is subtle sort of; not the blatant -in-your-face type you experience in some cities in China especially in Guangdong Province. Are Koreans friendly and hospitable? I'd say YES! Honestly (not lying), I have been to some places (especially in the countryside) in Korea where I was treated like royalty! I vividly remember one time I went for an 'arabite (pronounced as spelt) job in a faraway farming community. Arabites are manual daily paying jobs. I was the only black guy in the midst of about ten Koreans. At lunchtime, a very old, grey haired Korean woman walked up and sat besides me because she had never seen a black person before. She held my hands, touched my face, hair! When I conversed with her in my far from perfect Korean, the old lady was surprised. She went into her tiny old house and brought me peaches and apples to eat. And I ate them gladly! It was and still is one of the most beautiful experiences I've had abroad.
To anyone who wishes to go to South Korea, a student visa route is the best route. Go with an open mind. Learn the language as much as possible. Eat the foods there especially Kimchi - fermented spicy cabbage. Integrate as much as possible. Stay far away from mischief making Nigerians. Have fun!

10 Likes

Re: Nigerians In SOUTH KOREA- What Is The Condition And Hustle Over There. by Nobody: 7:37am On Apr 15, 2020
chukxie:

You seemed to know Korea. I lived there some years ago. Lived in Yongsan-gu, Iteawon-Dong2Ga near Noksanpeong subway exit. Are Koreans racists toward blacks? Some of them are like there are in every non black country. The racism in South Korea is subtle sort of; not the blatant -in-your-face type you experience in some cities in China especially in Guangdong Province. Are Koreans friendly and hospitable? I'd say YES! Honestly (not lying), I have been to some places (especially in the countryside) in Korea where I was treated like royalty! I vividly remember one time I went for an 'arabite (pronounced as spelt) job in a faraway farming community. Arabites are manual daily paying jobs. I was the only black guy in the midst of about ten Koreans. At lunchtime, a very old, grey haired Korean woman walked up and sat besides me because she had never seen a black person before. She held my hands, touched my face, hair! When I conversed with her in my far from perfect Korean, the old lady was surprised. She went into her tiny old house and brought me peaches and apples to eat. And I ate them gladly! It was and still is one of the most beautiful experiences I've had abroad.
To anyone who wishes to go to South Korea, a student visa route is the best route. Go with an open mind. Learn the language as much as possible. Eat the foods the foods there especially Kimchi - fermented spicy cabbage. Integrate as much as possible. Stay far away from mischief making Nigerians. Have fun!
i

Wow that's a wonderful experience bro! Thank you for sharing ,,.......

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In SOUTH KOREA- What Is The Condition And Hustle Over There. by uche06: 8:51am On Apr 15, 2020
Please what the chances of making it in Korea legally
How can one get admission to study
Re: Nigerians In SOUTH KOREA- What Is The Condition And Hustle Over There. by Nobody: 1:37pm On Apr 15, 2020
uche06:
Please what the chances of making it in Korea legally
How can one get admission to study

If you’re a Msc student I think you have to apply online and search for schools online and apply for one. Then if you’re a Bsc student who just finished waec I think you have to goto their embassy in Abuja or Lagos to check if undergraduate scholarship is out for Bsc...

And another way to move to SK legally is conference visa, if only you have or can find a way someone there can invite you for a conference then once you there you can apply for a language course
Re: Nigerians In SOUTH KOREA- What Is The Condition And Hustle Over There. by Rupect: 2:03pm On Apr 15, 2020
What of business visa?

EDDYBABA01:

If you’re a Msc student I think you have to apply online and search for schools online and apply for one. Then if you’re a Bsc student who just finished waec I think you have to goto their embassy in Abuja or Lagos to check if undergraduate scholarship is out for Bsc...

And another way to move to SK legally is conference visa, if only you have or can find a way someone there can invite you for a conference then once you there you can apply for a language course
Re: Nigerians In SOUTH KOREA- What Is The Condition And Hustle Over There. by Nobody: 2:20pm On Apr 15, 2020
Rupect:
What of business visa?

Yes, business visa is another way too! If you find a company that will send you all the necessary documents you needed.../
Re: Nigerians In SOUTH KOREA- What Is The Condition And Hustle Over There. by travelland(f): 2:25pm On Apr 15, 2020
sassysure:

This is a very big fat lie.
Koreans don't treat blacks well.
A very handsome Nigerian guy was once on their national tv complaining about how they treat blacks over there.
U want to know how they treat immigrants especially blacks, watch "stay or leave" they are short devils cheesy
The most famous African celebrity in South Korea is Sam okere from Ghana yet he finds it hard to penetrate their entertainment industry no matter how they promote him.

There is this south Korean/ black guy who is a model, is it hard for him, yes. I won't be surprised if he relocate to US to pursue his career.
They don't even welcome fellow Asians like Chinese or Japanese u are talking of black man cheesy
They only bow to USA, the rest are beyond them.

Sam Okere is still experiencing racism despite speaking their language like a native. South Koreans hate blacks and they don't hide it. Anybody migrating there should just close mind, prepare yourself. You might see job but you will experience discrimination on a high level
Re: Nigerians In SOUTH KOREA- What Is The Condition And Hustle Over There. by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 15, 2020
travelland:

Sam Okere is still experiencing racism despite speaking their language like a native. South Koreans hate blacks and they don't hide it. Anybody migrating there should just close mind, prepare yourself. You might see job but you will experience discrimination on a high level

Is a lie, I don’t believe! Keep it to yourself.
Re: Nigerians In SOUTH KOREA- What Is The Condition And Hustle Over There. by Nobody: 2:41pm On Apr 15, 2020
travelland:

Haa, finally, I can dialogue with somebody who knows Sam.
I love that guy.
Koreans refused to welcome him in their entertainment industry.
I know cos I have been following him constantly, his journey, cries, difficulties.
Oh dear, I love Koreans from far cheesy

I am a lover of their entertainment world but some things they did recently made me stop watching and following.
These people( probably school children) hold their musicians by their balls and booobs.
As in, they live so much fake lives, some are even afraid to marry because of how their stupid fans will react cheesy
Can u imagine that?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In SOUTH KOREA- What Is The Condition And Hustle Over There. by travelland(f): 2:44pm On Apr 15, 2020
sassysure:

Haa, finally, I can dialogue with somebody who knows Sam.
I love that guy.
Koreans refused to welcome him in their entertainment industry.
I know cos I have been following him constantly, his journey, cries, difficulties.
Oh dear, I love Koreans from far cheesy

I am a lover of their entertainment world but some things they did recently made me stop watching and following.
These people( probably school children) hold their musicians by their balls and booobs.
As in, they live so much fake lives, some are even afraid to marry because of how their stupid fans will react cheesy
Can u imagine that?

Do you know they are obsessed with white skin and plastic surgery? fake people.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In SOUTH KOREA- What Is The Condition And Hustle Over There. by Nobody: 2:45pm On Apr 15, 2020
EDDYBABA01:

Is a lie, I don’t believe! Keep it to yourself.

The biggest tv network like nta in Korea is kbs.
Kbs has constantly aired programmes begging Koreans to tone down on the hatred. And they have to stylishly beg them so as not to hurt their feelings.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians In SOUTH KOREA- What Is The Condition And Hustle Over There. by Nobody: 2:51pm On Apr 15, 2020
travelland:

Do you know they are obsessed with white skin and plastic surgery? fake people.
U don't say cheesy
I know them more than I know naija cheesy

Their problem is they never accepted themselves as they are.
They want to be Asian, American at the same time cheesy
They bleach. Infact these days, u want to apply for some job, you have to attach clear passport. Not black and white o. Mothers use plastic surgery to congratulate their kids for passing out from high school.
Leave Korea, we have our own wahala cheesy

But it's a country I will love to visit

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In SOUTH KOREA- What Is The Condition And Hustle Over There. by travelland(f): 2:59pm On Apr 15, 2020
sassysure:

U don't say cheesy

They bleach. Infact these days, u want to apply for some job, you have to attach clear passport. Not black and white o. Mothers use plastic surgery to congratulate their kids for passing out from high school.

You know them very well grin they see white Americans as gods. You got it right, they don't even accept themselves, the whiter you are the more success you achieve in South Korea grin

I wish you good luck in your visit. Their food is delicious, you will enjoy yourself with money cheesy
Re: Nigerians In SOUTH KOREA- What Is The Condition And Hustle Over There. by Nobody: 3:02pm On Apr 15, 2020
travelland:

You know them very well grin they see white Americans as gods. You got it right, they don't even accept themselves, the whiter you are the more success you achieve in South Korea grin

I wish you good luck in your visit. Their food is delicious, you will enjoy yourself with money cheesy
cheesy wink

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In SOUTH KOREA- What Is The Condition And Hustle Over There. by jpride(m): 10:18am On Apr 17, 2020
EDDYBABA01:

Does language course guarantee a work permit?
Curious to know
Re: Nigerians In SOUTH KOREA- What Is The Condition And Hustle Over There. by Nobody: 10:49am On Apr 17, 2020
jpride:

Does language course guarantee a work permit?
Curious to know

Yes, from what I have read and heard.... But I don't think they give citizenship tho I am not sure about it...... But you meet friends and get married to USA to Canada, and you can easily travel to Asians countries if you're a business guy or man. But remember not as a student, a student can only travel once in holidays

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In SOUTH KOREA- What Is The Condition And Hustle Over There. by odinga1of: 11:03am On Apr 17, 2020
sassysure:

U don't say cheesy

I have been reading and digesting every comment.

U truly know Korea very well, ignore anyone who has contrary opinion.

Shalom, I love the way u pass your message, those who have ears let them hear.
Re: Nigerians In SOUTH KOREA- What Is The Condition And Hustle Over There. by Nobody: 1:36pm On Apr 17, 2020
odinga1of:

I have been reading and digesting every comment.

U truly know Korea very well, ignore anyone who has contrary opinion.

Shalom, I love the way u pass your message, those who have ears let them hear.
Really? shocked
Waoh.
Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Places To Go For A Holiday And Sightseeing In Nigeria / Bullion Van In Lafia Kills 2, Injures JAMB Candidates (Photo) / Speeding Vehicle Kills DELSU Female Student In Delta State. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.